• 12(current)
v17 Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork
I've expanded the documentation.

@steve1977 central directory. More details in the new documentation.
how to grab extrafanart?
INTEL: Celeron - UHD 610 | KODI: 18.3
thank you for your addon
@rmrector thanks for that - problem solved.  It's a change in kodi 18, but it's fixable.  To update/build my kodi boxes I backup userdata, including the profile folder.  Recently when I do a new build/restore, for sub-profiles I have to go to Add-ons/My add-ons and enable addons - the settings are kept; they just aren't enabled automatically like on the master profile.

I didn't realise that I need to do the same now for add-on dependencies - I had to go and select idna, chardet, urllib3 to fix the problem.  One to remember!
@3500 extra fanart is handled just like all other artwork: the URLs from web services are placed in Kodi's database (as "fanart1", "fanart2", and so on), then skins can use InfoLabels to display them individually, or flip through them with Artwork Helper or an add-on free trick (Estuary Mod V2 for Kodi 18 uses Artwork Helper). See the documentation for details on how all artwork is handled in other situations.

@superfaker thanks for stopping by to say so.

@Streggi good to hear that worked.
(2017-11-10, 04:02)rmrector Wrote:
(2017-11-09, 16:21)lepoilu Wrote: Hello,

I have acted on the options to retrieve saga posters from movie folders, but it does not recover them.
On some pockets I have empty images.

Thank you very much for this remarkable work !

Yeah, Artwork Beef doesn't support movie set artwork in the library directly next to media files, "movieset-poster.jpg" and the like. I hadn't seen those before, are you getting them from TinyMediaManager? My quick first impression is that I really do not like that approach; it leaves duplicate files everywhere, and can be a pain to make sure each of them is updated properly when artwork changes; each made all the more problematic by the number of artwork that is supported. I suggest using a central artwork directory for local movie set artwork.  
Hello,
I finally chose a custom directory with TMM and it's good.

Thank you
(2017-11-30, 22:20)rmrector Wrote: @3500 extra fanart is handled just like all other artwork: the URLs from web services are placed in Kodi's database (as "fanart1", "fanart2", and so on), then skins can use InfoLabels to display them individually, or flip through them with Artwork Helper or an add-on free trick (Estuary Mod V2 for Kodi 18 uses Artwork Helper). See the documentation for details on how all artwork is handled in other situations.

@superfaker thanks for stopping by to say so.

@Streggi good to hear that worked.
Hi,

I've got a bug with artwork beef (Kodi 17.6) : it seems to block on a title of an mp3 file which is "Justin Timberlake - 01. Señorita.mp3" (maybe because of the ñ character ?).

I've tried to desactivate / reactivate artwork beef, or uninstall/reinstall it from Kodi, and even uncheck the boxes for the artwork for audio files, but each time I check artworks for movies, I firstly have an error message (saying check logs, but where can I find them ?), and the second time another message with "Justin Timberlake - Señorita" (and this message always stays on the screen, I have to close Kodi).

Thanks for your help...
@at28 see the debug log wiki page on how to find and post your log. Artwork Beef shouldn't be doing anything with the audio library (just music videos, but they are technically part of the video library), so I can't even speculate on what's going wrong here without it.
(2017-12-03, 20:53)rmrector Wrote: @at28 see the debug log wiki page on how to find and post your log. Artwork Beef shouldn't be doing anything with the audio library (just music videos, but they are technically part of the video library), so I can't even speculate on what's going wrong here without it.
Hi,

Sorry, you were right, I was thinking it was an mp3 file, but I have also a video file "Justin Timberlake - Senorita.vob", which is scanned by artwork beef.
This video file comes with an .nfo file where there is information about the title inside ("<title>Señorita</title>").
That's why artwork beef shows the "Justin Timberlake - Señorita" text.

Here is my test :
- opening Kodi
- scanning a folder with new movie files
- after the scan, artwork beef runs by itself, and Kodi shows an error message that ask to see the log

Here is the part of the log file for this test : https://pastebin.com/ne76QXn3

After that if I run an new scan of another movie directory, the "Justin Timberlake - Señorita" text is stuck on the top of the screen of Kodi.
@at28 Curious, TheAudioDB API has some odd data for that one track. I'll investigate further.
Let me know if there is anything to fix on TADB. I couldn't find that track.
@docwra Ya, that's probably the case; this is the only track on that album like this. With the request to "http://www.theaudiodb.com/api/v1/json/1/searchtrack.php?s=Justin Timberlake&t=Señorita" (with or without the accent), the result is (description cut down)

Code:
{
    "track": [
        {
            "idTrack": "32814830",
            "idAlbum": "2117596",
            "idArtist": "112325",
            "idLyric": "264788",
            "idIMVDB": null,
            "strTrack": "Señorita",
            "strAlbum": "Justified",
            "strArtist": "Justin Timberlake",
            "strArtistAlternate": null,
            "intCD": null,
            "intDuration": "298973",
            "strGenre": "Pop",
            "strMood": null,
            "strStyle": null,
            "strTheme": null,
            "strDescriptionEN": "...",
            "strTrackThumb": "http://www.theaudiodb.com/images/media/track/thumb/vvvuqp1378498785.jpg",
            "strTrackLyrics": "",
            "strMusicVid": "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJHYDkvRB2Y",
            "strMusicVidDirector": "Paul Hunter",
            "strMusicVidCompany": "",
            "strMusicVidScreen1": null,
            "strMusicVidScreen2": null,
            "strMusicVidScreen3": null,
            "intMusicVidViews": "40513579",
            "intMusicVidLikes": "74671",
            "intMusicVidDislikes": "2347",
            "intMusicVidFavorites": null,
            "intMusicVidComments": null,
            "intTrackNumber": "1",
            "intLoved": "0",
            "intScore": null,
            "intScoreVotes": null,
            "strMusicBrainzID": "5889fbcc-4611-46a9-b27c-4105e6fc58b1",
            "strMusicBrainzAlbumID": null,
            "strMusicBrainzArtistID": null,
            "strLocked": "unlocked"
        }
    ]
}

Specifically the problem Artwork Beef is encountering is the empty strMusicBrainzAlbumID and strMusicBrainzArtistID.
I'm getting anothe error I think is AB related - sharing just in case: https://pastebin.com/tmXhZLU4
I've pushed version 0.12.4 of Artwork Beef, which will warn instead of error when the music video search is missing any needed IDs (@at28 this should fix your error), and adds artist "clearart" for music videos from TheAudioDB.

@Streggi something is going sideways there, but looks like something in Kodi, Artwork Beef is just the first to complain about it (Artwork Beef and the version check add-on both fail when getting the Kodi version, then all the MySQL errors at the end are from Kodi itself). If this isn't the first time you've used that revision, a restart or two or three could get it back in order.
(2017-12-05, 20:54)rmrector Wrote: Specifically the problem Artwork Beef is encountering is the empty strMusicBrainzAlbumID and strMusicBrainzArtistID.   
Impressive to find one of 700 tracks that have it missing from 2,000,000+ tracks

I have fixed them now. It was indeed a bug with the accented character on track record creation.
Code:
"track": [{"idTrack": "32814830","idAlbum": "2117596","idArtist": "112325","idLyric": "264788","idIMVDB": null,"strTrack": "Señorita","strAlbum": "Justified","strArtist": "Justin Timberlake","strArtistAlternate": null,"intCD": null,"intDuration": "298973","strGenre": "Pop","strMood": null,"strStyle": null,"strTheme": null,"strDescriptionEN": "\"Señorita\" is a song recorded by American singer-songwriter Justin Timberlake for his debut studio album, Justified (2002). It was released on July 7, 2003 by Jive Records as the fourth single from the album. The song was co-written by Timberlake, and The Neptunes' Pharell Williams and Chad Hugo. It was also produced by the Neptunes.\n\nAccording to Timberlake, the song was influenced by Stevie Wonder. Musically \"Señorita\" is an R&B jazz up-tempo ballad, featuring an electric piano strut, cowbell in beat of the song, and a rhythm section. The song has been described as a Spanish \"number\" with a \"Latin flavored\" cut beat. In the track, Timberlake sings about a woman, whose attention he is trying to capture. \"Señorita\" received positive reviews from music critics, who commented on the track's general sound and lyrics.\n\nThe song peaked at number five on Billboard's Top 40 Mainstream chart. It also appeared on the Billboard Hot 100 at number twenty-seven. Internationally, the single charted in Canada, New Zealand, Australia, and European countries including Belgium, the Netherlands, France, Austria, Switzerland, the United Kingdom and Ireland. The music video was nominated for an MTV Video Music Award in the category for Best Male Video in 2004.\n\nThe music video for \"Señorita\" was directed by Paul Hunter. The video was filmed in July 2003 and shot in a club in Los Angeles. The video also features cameo appearances by both Pharrell Wiliams and Chad Hugo. In mid-2003, Timberlake was asked about the concept of the video, but said that the video was still in development. He was asked whether he would be aiming his affection at a \"lovely lady\", to which Timberlake responded, \"No. Why would you limit yourself to just one?\" In the \"Señorita\" video, Timberlake performed with his live band.\n\nThe video begins, with the song playing, at an outside scenery of a bar. Inside, Timberlake is seen and goes directly to the bar. He looks at the stage area and immediately goes there. He takes the microphone and begins singing the song. Pharrell is shown playing the drums while Chad is at the keyboards throughout the video. Timberlake continues singing, but grabs the attention of a woman in a red dress. Elsewhere, Timberlake, not on stage, is shown dancing with a woman wearing a white blouse, while he sings the song. In another part of the video, Timberlake dances with a different woman. In the bridge, he sings to the two women and dances with them, in separate shots. Following the bridge he is then seen performing on stage. In part of the song, Timberlake directs the crowd of men and women, telling the men to sing, \"It feels like something's heatin' up. Can I leave with you?\" and the women to sing, \"I don't know what I'm thinking bout / really leavin wit you.\" Timberlake ends the song with \"Gentlemen, good night / Ladies good morning\".\n\nActor Owen Wilson and his then-girlfriend, Carolina Cerisola, appear in the video. Lanford Beard of Middlebury College Student Weekly, in review of the video, wrote that Timberlake's \"Mexicali saloon setting\" for the video \"embraced a certain macho, trashy playa aesthetic\" for him \"so we'll take it on the chin that this is the image he's building for himself and – love it or hate it – we might as well get used to it.\" In 2004, the video was nominated for an MTV Video Music Award in the category of Best Male Video.","strTrackThumb": "[url]http://www.theaudiodb.com/images/media/track/thumb/vvvuqp1378498785.jpg[/url]","strTrackLyrics": "","strMusicVid": "[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJHYDkvRB2Y[/url]","strMusicVidDirector": "Paul Hunter","strMusicVidCompany": "","strMusicVidScreen1": null,"strMusicVidScreen2": null,"strMusicVidScreen3": null,"intMusicVidViews": "40513579","intMusicVidLikes": "74671","intMusicVidDislikes": "2347","intMusicVidFavorites": null,"intMusicVidComments": null,"intTrackNumber": "1","intLoved": "0","intScore": null,"intScoreVotes": null,"strMusicBrainzID": "5889fbcc-4611-46a9-b27c-4105e6fc58b1","strMusicBrainzAlbumID": "424620c6-e416-3ce8-bfcc-d5c59952456d","strMusicBrainzArtistID": "596ffa74-3d08-44ef-b113-765d43d12738","strLocked": "unlocked"}]}

Nice find! Cool
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork5