• 13(current)
v17 Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork
Rock on, thanks!
I'm having some problems with this addon Sad

My TV Shows are scraped using TMDB TV Show Scraper and I'm trying to use Artwork Beef to add only TV Show landscape images to my library. I've configured the addon correctly with my own fanart.tv api key and set "Default TV show / episode ID source if unknown" to "tmdb". But when I run the addon it grabs landscape images for only about half the shows in my library, the other half it returns no artwork available even through the artwork is there on the fanart.tv website.

Any idea why the addon simply wont grab artwork for some shows even when the artwork is available, for instance the TV Shows Gotham and The X-Files both have landscape(TV Thumb) art on the fanart.tv site but Artwork Beef refuses to add it, saying instead "No artwork available".
@roidy Recent updates to that scraper set some info slightly different than Artwork Beef expects, so the request to the web services is unsuccessful. This is also slightly inconsistent with the movie scrapers, so I've made a post on the TV scraper thread to see if it can be changed. If/when that change is made and your Kodi has installed the update, you'll need to refresh the affected TV shows (including all their episodes) before Artwork Beef will find artwork for them.
@rmrector I've tested your proposed changes to the TMDB TV Show scraper by editing tmdb.xml and changing the two occurrences of "themoviedb" to "tmdb" at lines 70 and 189 and can confirm that this does indeed fix the issue.

Thanks
(2017-12-06, 08:26)rmrector Wrote: I've pushed version 0.12.4 of Artwork Beef, which will warn instead of error when the music video search is missing any needed IDs (@at28 this should fix your error), and adds artist "clearart" for music videos from TheAudioDB.

@Streggi something is going sideways there, but looks like something in Kodi, Artwork Beef is just the first to complain about it (Artwork Beef and the version check add-on both fail when getting the Kodi version, then all the MySQL errors at the end are from Kodi itself). If this isn't the first time you've used that revision, a restart or two or three could get it back in order.
Thanks a lot for this version, it is now working for me (I don't have the error message anymore) Blush
Thanks again for your addon, which is very helpful in Kodi.
I notice that whenever I start up Kodi, Artwork Beef seems to run on the entire library, even if it had run before. Shouldn't it only look for artwork for new files or am I missing something?

I'm using the option to only use local files.

Edit: Found the option "Update artwork for old items daily"
@fnwc When set to only local files, it scans for new images for old items more often; it shouldn't be scanning your entire library every day, but a big chunk of it.

The automatic updates are too aggressive for local files, so I will increase the delay on updates for the next version. Disabling daily old item updates is also a good idea for local artwork, if you don't add new artwork for existing items frequently.
I have switched Season Fanart off under the Series Category but when i do a scan on an a Series he has set landscapes for every season when available!
A bug? or i dont understand the function of this addon?
@semool Yup, the "Season fanart" switch IS broken in the current version. I've fixed up the settings in the next version, so this will be fixed soon now.

I have updated Artwork Beef to version 0.13.0.

I got a wild hair to implement a hefty feature: an option to download all artwork for processed items, disabled by default. It will generally save them to the same filenames that Kodi uses when exporting, to the most specific name detailed in the docs. It will no longer add new fanart for old items if the old item has local fanart, to avoid duplicates.

There are also options to change the in progress display, with a switch for a final notification and an option to hide the progress bar (even warnings and errors) altogether. The report includes information about any warnings and errors encountered.

Edit: And it checks for new files a bit less often when updating old items with local artwork only.
(2017-12-28, 10:00)rmrector Wrote: @semool Yup, the "Season fanart" switch IS broken in the current version. I've fixed up the settings in the next version, so this will be fixed soon now.

I have updated Artwork Beef to version 0.13.0.

I got a wild hair to implement a hefty feature: an option to download all artwork for processed items. It will save them to the same filenames that Kodi uses when exporting (except movie sets, which will be saved to the central directory if configured). It will no longer add new fanart for old items if the old item has local fanart, to avoid duplicates.

There are also options to change the in progress display, with a switch for a final notification and hide the progress bar altogether.
 Loving the download option.  Thanks!  When downloading fanart, extrafanart is put in the movie root folder instead of the extrafanart folder.  Are there any plans for extrathumbs?  Think you did a great job for first release of such a big option.  Thanks, again! Smile
YOYIZDERZOMENEMOHOZEZAZEZDENDERIZHOZEZ
Artwork Beef saves image files to the same names that Kodi would export them, including all fanart, so that's working as intended. Multiple thumbs will probably be added some day, saving local files was one of the prerequisites for that.
I will be waiting for your next update, because something similar happens to me, I have a library with the local fanart configured as an option, but when it scans it changes the fanart or poster of some series and movies,and does not use the ones that are inside their respective folders, I have to make the change again manually, but I still believe that your addon is wonderful and every update you make, the addon progresses greatly, again thanks for this great addon!!
ooh I see that you already did the update 0.13.0 thanks for that, just a question, why the addon is not updated automatically? I downloaded the repository
(2017-12-29, 22:49)DANI940 Wrote: ooh I see that you already did the update 0.13.0 thanks for that, just a question, why the addon is not updated automatically? I downloaded the repository
 Kodi checks for add-on updates automatically once per day, and I only released this version late last night. If you open the menu bar on the add-on browsers (usually hiding to the left) there should be a "Check for updates" button that should include the update. If you've missed more updates then maybe updates for this particular add-on have been disabled (Krypton added the option to disable updates for individual add-ons).

And to your previous post, you will want to make sure Artwork Beef properly identifies your local artwork before enabling the new feature to download artwork, otherwise it may download a bunch of unnecessary artwork that will clutter your file system. If you can post the filenames and parent directory of one or two media items (and their artwork) that aren't being matched right, we can figure out what's going wrong.
(2017-12-29, 20:42)rmrector Wrote: Artwork Beef saves image files to the same names that Kodi would export them, including all fanart, so that's working as intended. Multiple thumbs will probably be added some day, saving local files was one of the prerequisites for that.
 If I understand correctly, extrafanart is supported, but does not place them in the extrafanart directory.  Will that eventually change?
YOYIZDERZOMENEMOHOZEZAZEZDENDERIZHOZEZ
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork5