• 19(current)
v17 Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork
edit: nm it's my antique nas SQL ...
(2018-02-05, 13:47)rmrector Wrote: @junias I will add an option to enable downloading artwork per media type, but for now Artwork Beef can only download artwork for the video library anyway. For the last problem, the skin is pulling up the movie thumb and expecting the fallback poster, but it should instead pick the poster first and then fall back to the thumb if there is no poster.

(2018-02-02, 01:43)Milhouse Wrote: For the movies themselves, use the movie-name prefix notation, as that just works regardless of how the movie is stored (single movie per folder, multiple movies per folder, it doesn't matter).

This is why I chose Artwork Beef's initial behavior, but I will add an option to use un-prefixed names when downloading. I like keeping multiple editions of a movie in one directory, and I like the idea that non-prefixed artwork applies to all editions/copies while prefixed artwork can override specific editions. Kodi's file loading doesn't work this way, but Artwork Beef does; it fits Kodi's existing behavior well enough either way.  
perfect, thanks! Thats really good Smile
I´m using Estaury Mod V2... Mh, I think it should work... Very confusing, dont really know what it behaves like that... :/
Maybe I should try with a clean library after your update...

Ps.: Any suggestion, when the update will be available? Wink
edit: nm it's my antique nas SQL ...
@Streggi Ya, Artwork Beef will delete and replace if recycling is disabled, if "download artwork" is also enabled. In the upcoming version I have split the delete option from download, but it will still replace artwork files when artwork is changed.

@junias No need to do anything to your library, the skin needs to be adjusted to use ListItem.Art(poster) when displaying a poster. The difference is that Artwork Downloader was not configured to add the movie thumb to the library, while Artwork Beef is, so now the skin really does get a "thumb" image from ListItem.Thumb rather than the fallback poster.
(2018-02-06, 05:58)rmrector Wrote: @junias No need to do anything to your library, the skin needs to be adjusted to use ListItem.Art(poster) when displaying a poster. The difference is that Artwork Downloader was not configured to add the movie thumb to the library, while Artwork Beef is, so now the skin really does get a "thumb" image from ListItem.Thumb rather than the fallback poster.
 Yes, this I understood Big Grin
Changes in Estaury Mod V2 has been commited to GitHub yesterday evening.

I thougth about my other request, that posters are just named "poster.jpg" instead of "moviename-poster.jpg" Wink
There you said it would be a new option in the skin Wink
What settings do you need for (i) episode artwork to be added to HDD folders as soon as new episodes are added and (ii) to get existing episode artwork to be added to HDD?

I'm struggling with this.  So far, on my main profile I managed to get existing episode artwork added to my PC, but it doesn't seem to want to add new artwork and for my 2nd profile (kids) I can't get it to download any episode artwork to PC.  Other artwork (movie posters, fanart etc) seems to work fine

Is this because I have multiple clients sharing the mysql database, so if client 2 with no auto-download settings adds the new file to the database, client 1 with auto-download settings ignores the file when it sees it because a thumbnail already exists in the database?
I think there's a bug with the 'select series to auto add episode artwork'.  If I go in and select episodes (highlighted not white), close and reboot kodi they go back to being white when opened again
If that series selection box isn't working right then that would cause those troubles. It works for me, though, so I'll need more info to narrow this down.

1. Does it only reset after rebooting Kodi, or is it reset after just saving the add-on settings, and reopening the settings and series selection?
2. Do any of the other add-on settings get reset?
3. How many series are you selecting?
4. If you are selecting more than 20 series, can you try just selecting a few, to see if they still reset?
5. Can you look in userdata/addon_settings/script.artwork.beef/settings.xml and post the value of the setting "autoaddepisodes_list"?

What version of Kodi are you using? And make sure you have the newest version of Artwork Beef (0.16.1 at the moment).
(2018-02-05, 13:47)rmrector Wrote: This is why I chose Artwork Beef's initial behavior, but I will add an option to use un-prefixed names when downloading. I like keeping multiple editions of a movie in one directory, and I like the idea that non-prefixed artwork applies to all editions/copies while prefixed artwork can override specific editions. Kodi's file loading doesn't work this way, but Artwork Beef does; it fits Kodi's existing behavior well enough either way. 
I just moved over to this from AD. And was just about to suggest this option.

That's understandable with the multiple editions. But thanks for implementing this in the future. For me, there are no other improvements to be made. Well, maybe an option to put in personal API keys for other scrapers apart from fanart.tv. Apart from that, it's excellent. Thank you.

I've put together a simple regular expression to rename them back using: 
Code:
^[^\-]+-\s*(banner|clearart|clearlogo|landscape|thumb|disc|logo|extra fanart|fanart|landscape|poster)$
And the replace as:
Code:

Here's freecommanders screenshot of settings.

(2018-02-07, 05:04)rmrector Wrote: If that series selection box isn't working right then that would cause those troubles. It works for me, though, so I'll need more info to narrow this down.

1. Does it only reset after rebooting Kodi, or is it reset after just saving the add-on settings, and reopening the settings and series selection?
2. Do any of the other add-on settings get reset?
3. How many series are you selecting?
4. If you are selecting more than 20 series, can you try just selecting a few, to see if they still reset?
5. Can you look in userdata/addon_settings/script.artwork.beef/settings.xml and post the value of the setting "autoaddepisodes_list"?

What version of Kodi are you using? And make sure you have the newest version of Artwork Beef (0.16.1 at the moment).
 1. As soon as I select an episode and go back in i.e. select episode, click ok, select yes or no to 'add missing episode artwork for newly selected series after add-on settings are closed' and then go back in to check settings
2. no - that's the only onle
3. I've tried everything from 1, to a couple to all 158
4. see above.  Maybe having 158 selected on first run messed it upHuh?
5.     <setting id="autoaddepisodes_list">311790</setting>

I was on 0.16.1 and Kodi 20180130 Win 64/Android 7a builds.  I've just updated 20180207 and the problem is still there
For #1, also save the main add-on settings (not just series selection), then go back in.
I was wondering if selecting a bunch of series would cause a problem. Can you try selecting just a few items then report on #5 again? You may also try closing Kodi, removing that setting from the file (you can just delete the line), then start Kodi and try again.

This confusingly named setting only affects episode 'fanart' automatically pulled from web services, not downloading existing thumbs nor matching local artwork, so you probably don't need to enable it for everything. I've rearranged settings for the next version to make that more clear.
(2018-02-09, 00:57)rmrector Wrote: For #1, also save the main add-on settings (not just series selection), then go back in.
I was wondering if selecting a bunch of series would cause a problem. Can you try selecting just a few items then report on #5 again? You may also try closing Kodi, removing that setting from the file (you can just delete the line), then start Kodi and try again.

This confusingly named setting only affects episode 'fanart' automatically pulled from web services, not downloading existing thumbs nor matching local artwork, so you probably don't need to enable it for everything. I've rearranged settings for the next version to make that more clear.
 Sorry, should have been clearer.  I tried selecting, exiting, and going back in and that doesn't work either. 

I tried selecting a few series and the setting did change to:
281511|279536|311945 :

<setting id="autoaddepisodes_list">281511|279536|311945</setting>

Deleting the line, restarting and the trying to select didn't help - it went to:

:
<setting id="autoaddepisodes_list" default="true"></setting>
Quote:This confusingly named setting only affects episode 'fanart' automatically pulled from web services, not downloading existing thumbs nor matching local artwork, so you probably don't need to enable it for everything. 

you've got me confused now!  I managed to get most of my episode thumbs e.g. episode -s01e01 -thumb.jpg downloaded to my HDDs - how did I manager this and what setting controls this?  This has been a lifesaver, but I can't get any more thumbs downloaderd.
Well that looks just fine, not sure why they are deselected in the dialog.

Episode artwork handling is all sorts of tricky to try to save time, but that didn't work out very well once downloading was added. I'm putting the final touches on a new approach for the next version, which will be ready soon soon.
Version 0.17.1 has been posted. The new feature is the option to download movie and music video artwork without the base filename, as "fanart.jpg" and "clearlogo.png" and so on like TV show artwork. It also includes a fix for the episode processing, set artwork when both locations are enabled and rearranges some other settings.

Edit: and version 0.17.2 with another quick fix.
Great work,  thanks Cool
HTPC: Windows 10 Pro 22H2, Zalman HD135, Intel i3-7100, GTX 1070, UHD ASUS BW-16D1HT
NAS: Xpenology 7.2 Update 1, Intel i5-6600
  • 19(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork5