• 25(current)
v17 Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork
I've added loads of new landscape artwork such as "50 cent", but how do I get this into Kodi using artworkbeef?

I've tried Artwork beef >> Add missing artwork for... >> All music (new and old and all inbetween)

But I don't get the artwork I just uploaded.
(2018-02-28, 07:09)rmrector Wrote: Artwork Beef caches results for 72 hours. I've considered lowering it to 24 hours, but haven't pulled the trigger yet.
@docwra I'm afraid you have to wait a bit longer...
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, please click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :)
Finally some success with skin and new artwork!

(2018-03-21, 00:31)docwra Wrote: Finally some success with skin and new artwork!

Looks great! What skin is that?
My own modified Estuary. Just playing around with the new artwork and whats possible.

https://github.com/zag2me/skin.estuary-atf
ok so guys ive had problems with artwork downloader so as suggested im moving to artwork beef, i see for movies it grabs everything including logos, though i tried once and when i scraped movies with it and checked my logo view there were no logos, is there something i need to do to have the logos show up? i use aeon nox btw..... also is there anything i need to do to set it up well? trying to avoid reading through so much
i love kodi
Hi rmrector, im0 using your addon and is simply wonderful. I also enjoy the possibility to download fanart locally so i can have a copy in case the online version is deleted.
I've a strange behaviour with this addon, but i really don't know if it's something related to AB or something converning my skin, Aeon MQ7.

I've 3 kodi installations, each of which has it's own local DB (no shared DB between them) but all of them is pointing to the same content folders (Movies, TV Series, concerts and music)
The main Kodi is on my QNAP nas
The second installation is on Windows 10
The third is on a MAC, and i use this for tests purposes

Well, in order to try your addon i've installed AB first on the mac, and set AB to download extrafanart on the local folders. I then have executed a library update for TV Series and obviously AB started to scrap and download the entire libraries, TV Series but also Movies and concerts.
Now, at the end of the process i have the extrafanart on the main screen of Aeon MQ7 cycling in every correspnding sessions: extrafanart for tv series, extrafanart for movies and for concerts.

I then repeated the process on both the NAS and Windows 10 and on both of them the situation is different from the MAC: for MOVIES, in the homescreen of Aeon MQ7 i have the new extrafanart cycing, but for TV Series i still have the few extrafanart downloaded with Artwork Downloader (1 fanart for each serie) even if on the local disk, for every TV series i see the jpg files. Do you thing is something that concern AB? I've told you this because mybe your add-on behaves differently if already jpg files are found locally.....

Sorry for my bad english, i hope i was clear enough, otherwise please ask for clarifications.
rmrector
One sugestion as idea   Smile
I use SHS for Extraposter as multiimage in view, problem is I can't chose poster to set what poster will show in Kodi.
Shs collect-download all language poster, I want to chose like you set for extrafanart in "chose Art" for fanart - multi select.

You need to set AB to create new folder with name "extraposter" (radiobutton in settings for user to enable/disable), and with multi select to change or add images-poster in that folder.

I want to avoid this situation (Unknown languages for me)
XBoxMediaCenter (Kodi Matrix ) 19.3 , AndroidBox -Matrix Skin AeonMQ6
@ rmrector

Hi and thanks for your great work.
Today I turned off AD and I made a complete rebuild of my library artworks with your great add on.
Almost everything went fine except for one thing:

If I try to change a fanart from "Select artwork..." nothing happens when I press on the selected fanart. The only thing I can do is to press OK, but in this way the fanart won't change.
It' a strange behaviour, because all other kind of artworks work as they should.
The only way is to use the "Change artwork..." menu, but it's not a good choice, because it takes fanart from kodi and not from Beef.

I'm on krypton and Artic Zephyr plus.(Android)

Sorry for my bad english. :-(
I've posted version 0.18.3 which fixes an issue when reporting and notifying of missing web service IDs in the library, which are required for Artwork Beef to find any artwork from web services.

(2018-03-20, 11:10)sniferx1 Wrote: Very quick question on where in this Add-on I need to set below API Keys

You don't change any other API key.

(2018-03-21, 00:31)docwra Wrote: Finally some success with skin and new artwork!

Looks good. I am definitely looking forward to more skins with music artwork without needing Skin Helper Service.

(2018-03-21, 22:22)o0nightfire0o Wrote: ok so guys ive had problems with artwork downloader so as suggested im moving to artwork beef, i see for movies it grabs everything including logos, though i tried once and when i scraped movies with it and checked my logo view there were no logos, is there something i need to do to have the logos show up? i use aeon nox btw..... also is there anything i need to do to set it up well? trying to avoid reading through so much

There is nothing special about logo configuration, they work just like every other artwork type. I need more information if you want more help.

See this page, and if your question still isn't answered then I need a Kodi debug log including a few attempts to find/set a logo and the relevant block of the artwork-report.txt. Make sure Artwork Beef is updated to version 0.18.3.

I think most options are clear and the documentation answers other questions I can think of; I have nothing else to add, no super secret shortcut that could somehow tell you everything you need to know without reading the options and maybe documentation.

@Benna Can you link to the version of the skin you are using? Is the problem with multiple fanart from an item in a widget, or a slideshow that rotates through fanart for all items (or maybe just all TV shows or movies) in the library?

Did you let Artwork Beef run through the first full process on the other devices (enable the option "Do not automatically add artwork from web services, only identify local files" on the other devices to save some time)?

@Angelinas I do like the idea of multiple posters, but when supported they will be added into the library as "poster1", "poster2", and so on and saved alongside all the rest, not to an "extraposters" directory. I don't want to encourage skins to access them from the file system directly. If I do expand these extra directory options then I will use the simplest convention that can apply to any art types: just the art type, "poster" or "characterart" or "keyart", without the "extra" and no concern for plural naming.

(2018-03-24, 01:55)Grifone1893 Wrote: If I try to change a fanart from "Select artwork..." nothing happens when I press on the selected fanart.

This dialog lets you select multiple fanart, so you first mark all of the fanart you want included (the currently assigned artwork will be preselected and displayed in a style defined by your skin), then press OK to save the changes.
(2018-03-24, 05:09)rmrector Wrote:
(2018-03-24, 01:55)Grifone1893 Wrote: If I try to change a fanart from "Select artwork..." nothing happens when I press on the selected fanart.

This dialog lets you select multiple fanart, so you first mark all of the fanart you want included (the currently assigned artwork will be preselected and displayed in a style defined by your skin), then press OK to save the changes. 
Thanks rmrector,
but I don't understand :-)

I'm on an Android Box so I use the remote to navigate through options.
I can highlight one fanart at a time ( I cannot select multiple fanarts), but anyway, if I want to change ONLY the preselected fanart with a different one, how can I do?
Right now the only way I can change fanart is to use the menu "Change artwork..."

Thanks for your time.
And version 0.18.4 released with a fix for missing artwork from Fanart.tv for the music library.

@Grifone1893  What version of Kodi are you using? Try again with a different skin, like Estuary. Skins can have different styles for selected items; in Estuary they have a teal title instead of white, and in Confluence the title is yellow instead of gray. This dialog works just like "Skip steps" in Kodi Video Player settings, or "Enable component-specific logging" under System Logging, just with images.

I assure you that you can select multiple fanart with the "Select artwork..." dialog, and that some of them will be preselected if the media item has fanart. You press on the individual artwork images to toggle their selected status, then you press the OK button to save your changes. The images that are displayed as "selected" in this dialog will then be saved to the media item as "fanart", "fanart1", "fanart2", and so on.

To change the main fanart:
If Artwork Beef is set up to download image files, you can deselect the top "fanart.jpg" file in this dialog then select a different fanart from a web service.
If you want to rearrange local fanart then just rename the files on your file system, but Kodi will probably take a day to notice the files have been changed.
If you don't have local image files, then it's a bit more awkward to rearrange multiple fanart: deselect all artwork on this dialog, then reselect them in the order you want them to be displayed: select the main fanart image first, then the image to be saved as "fanart1", then "fanart2", and so on. Then press OK to save.
rmrector THX!

I'm on latest Krypton and I use Artic Zephyr skin.

I don't use to download fanart so I don't have local files image. As you said, it's a little bit awkward, especially because I always used Artwork downloader, where you can directly select the main fanart from search results.
Anyway thanks again for your suggestion, I will test with another skin to check if understand how it works the way to change the main fanart (twhich is my goal).
Hi, i've disable Artwork Downloader and completely rescanned my library using AB. Not bad at all, but for many of my movies (224) AB didn't find the logo and the disc artwork. I tried manually to update those information and i got this message:

Error with provider 'fanart.tv': HTTP error: InvalidHeader

In the Kodi.log ifle i see this:

09:56:50.628 T:544 WARNING: [script.artwork.beef] Error with provider 'fanart.tv': HTTP error: InvalidHeader

Artwork Beef 0.18.3
@rmrector

Now I get what you wrote.
My problem is this: in Artic Zephir there's no color change when I select/unselect items.
So at this time the only fix I found is to use another skin and then reverse back to Arctic (which is my favourite skin).

Thanks again for you help.
  • 25(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork5