• 27(current)
v17 Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork
Hey rmrector I have a few questions.
in the documentation stands Album artwork was stored in artist information folder but for me artwork beef save the album art in my folder where the music are stored.
The settings for artist information folder in Kodi
Is made.
It's on a smb shared folder , name of the folder music artwork.
Miss I something?
The other files save artwork beef in the music artwork folder and create the the artist name subfolder.
Now my second question is this right that artwork beef created all the subfolders in my music artwork folder or must did that Kodi after scrapping?
After scrapping my artist folder are empty.
Thank you in advance.
hi 
why is not downloading the clearart, and the discart? I have all the options activated...
I dont know what is happening,any solution?
The addon seems to have a problem with albums that have more than one disc and multiple cdart files.
Im using the Discnumber ID3 tag for my albums that have multiple discs. These albums show no CD image (apart from the pre set fallback image) with skins that require Artwork Beef (  Aeon Nox 5: SiLVO in my case). The file structure im using is for example:

"\\DISKSTATION\music\Iron Maiden\En Vivo!\Disc 1" in here is cdart.png and folder.jpg
"\\DISKSTATION\music\Iron Maiden\En Vivo!\Disc 2" the directory also contains these files but cdart.png is a different image

in Kodi itself these albums with multiple discs show as a single album with the first discs tracks in order followed by the second discs tracks show in order

How do I get the cdart to show for these albums? They work perfectly fine with skins that dont require Artwork Beef to show these additional images

thanks
(2018-03-28, 02:24)Karellen Wrote: Hello @rmrector

I have been following your thread for quite a while now, and thought I would give it a try on my main kodi install- v17.6 on Win10 HTPC. Having read the mistakes other people had made, I felt quite confident that I could navigate around them. So last week I installed Artwork Beef and let it do its thing.

My entire library is populated with local artwork. After I installed Artwork Beef, I started noticing that my local artwork was disappearing out of the movie or tv show folders. These seemed to be limited to Poster, logo and clearart. I initially noticed it on one TV Show that I was editing and simply thought I may have accidentally deleted the images. But then I noticed it was happening to a lot of tv shows. The artwork is still visible in Kodi, it is just no longer in the movie or tv show folder.

Today, while trying to problem solve an issue for another member, I came across a new folder located here... C:\Users\Master\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\cache\recycledartwork\ So I now found all my missing artwork. I now have 513 movie and tv show folders created in that "recycledartwork" folder which holds hundreds of artwork files that have to be moved back to their original location.

My question is, why has this happened?

I have read your comments that artwork beef does not interfere with Local artwork, but my experience is that it does.
 Dear rmrecotr,

Whilst Karellen was lucky to have found the recycled artwork , I have not been so.
out of the 1000+ Movies I had nearly 800 or so Local , custom made cleararts and logo's. And I am shocked to say I have lost all of them !
I have looked at all my data but alas there is no recycled artwork in my case and so all my custom made artworks have been lost...I just done have it in me to redo all those again and yes .. I did not keep a backup copy.
I went in time & again to make sure I have all the settings properly ..nothing is set to delet , local files first etc  but AB keeps deleting quite a lot of my custom artwork.. some still remains especially the most recent ones.. So I have no idea what is happening.
Exactly! that's what happened, most of the discart that the adon could not download, I downloaded them from the web, and added them to my collection within each corresponding folder, but now they do not appear,
the clearart and discart are missing, and they are not in my pc, where are they?
(2018-04-03, 22:52)DANI940 Wrote: the clearart and discart are missing, and they are not in my pc, where are them?
(2018-04-03, 22:52)DANI940 Wrote: Exactly! that's what happened, most of the discart that the adon could not download, I downloaded them from the web, and added them to my collection within each corresponding folder, but now they do not appear,
the clearart and discart are missing, and they are not in my pc, where are they?
 Check your artwork naming.
Image Image
hi i am useing windows 10 kodi 17.6 and aeon nox krypton  when i look for images with artwork beef it keeps coming up with errors i have done a log file thanks for looking

https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/mJrQk2vq4n/
LibreElec Kodi Alpha latest version from @Milhouse

After scanning my library successfully with Artwork Beef all the FANART for my movies default to the same picture.

Any help?
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
What do you mean to check my artwok naming?
everything was perfect, fanart, poster, discart, clearlogo or clearart inside each folder of each movie, when I install the latest version, (because it does not update automatically) after the installation I scan the library and I saw that the discart or clearart in my kodi did not appear, and like others in this forum, the art has disappeared from the folders
Artwork Beef is not downloading the FANART for me, below are Artwork downloaded after scanning and downloading.

Can anyone help?
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
Can artwork beef download Collection/Set posters from fanart.tv?

I don't want anything else other than these posters since PKC/plex doesn't find them.

Thanks
(2018-03-29, 10:00)sniferx1 Wrote: @rmrector 

Awesome tool. I got a problem as once I use this and downloaded all artworks but in my Kodi APP and web interface all Thumbs are now showing Kodi generated Thumbs and very bad....

How to fix this and redownload all artwork again? In settings do I need to do anything special?

Good to have an option to download all applicable artwork again...

The skin / web interface is pulling up the movie thumb and expecting the fallback poster, but it should instead pick the poster first and fall back to the thumb only if the poster doesn't exist. They are two different images for two different purposes and should be chosen based on the interface design.

(2018-03-29, 18:42)bluebug Wrote: hi i am useing the raper skin with kodi 17.6 i have my movies on external hard drive when scanning for images with artwork beef i have noticed that some time it comes up with error saying could not save to file thanks for your advice

Several things could cause this; permission errors, maybe the folder doesn't exist as Kodi knows it (moving files around can cause this). Does it always happen for a particular movie, or does it work if you process an affected movie later? I'll need the Kodi debug log file with you running "Add missing artwork" for a few affected items to help further.

(2018-03-30, 03:39)Mr. V Wrote: Hi @rmrector 

I am having trouble with duplicate fanart.

This happens when a movie, artist ect does not have enough fanart art images on fanart.tv. It seems to grab the remaining images from TMDB or TADB, quite often the top images on the other sites are the same as on fanart.tv.

Is there any way to use one website for images and only use a secondary site if Zero are found on the first?

I have been noticing that this happens quite a bit, I'll take a look at that before long.

(2018-03-30, 07:01)sniferx1 Wrote: @rmrector 

Found another issue....

Artwork Beef not automatically downloading the Extrafan Arts as per settings amount. I have removed my "Extrafan Art" folders, remove the movies from the lib and added again.... When I execute the Artwork Beef it didn't download the extra Fanarts at all...

I can't go to each movie and select and download and please add this feature.

Do you have the option to download fanart enabled? If so, I'll need a debug log with you running "Add missing artwork" on a couple of affected movies, as well as the relevant parts of the artwork report (the file location is noted at the bottom of this page of the documentation).

Artwork Beef will automatically download all images you select in its GUI (from "Manage" "Select artwork..."), if downloading artwork is configured in the add-on settings.

(2018-03-31, 08:36)Mario S. Wrote: Hey rmrector I have a few questions.
in the documentation stands Album artwork was stored in artist information folder but for me artwork beef save the album art in my folder where the music are stored.
Is made.
Miss I something?
The other files save artwork beef in the music artwork folder and create the the artist name subfolder.
Now my second question is this right that artwork beef created all the subfolders in my music artwork folder or must did that Kodi after scrapping?
Thank you in advance.

If you don't have Artwork Beef configured to "Save album and song art with song files if possible" then this may also happen if Artwork Beef cannot create the folders in the Artist Information Folder. Artwork Beef should be creating any folders it needs in this folder. If it isn't, then there may be some other problem, like permission errors. I'll need a debug log with you running "Add missing artwork" on a couple of affected artists and albums to help further.

(2018-03-31, 09:22)DANI940 Wrote: hi 
why is not downloading the clearart, and the discart? I have all the options activated...
I dont know what is happening,any solution?

Can you see the images when manually selecting artwork for a movie? See this page of the documentation.

(2018-03-31, 23:48)dazzaw Wrote: The addon seems to have a problem with albums that have more than one disc and multiple cdart files.
Im using the Discnumber ID3 tag for my albums that have multiple discs. These albums show no CD image (apart from the pre set fallback image) with skins that require Artwork Beef (  Aeon Nox 5: SiLVO in my case). The file structure im using is for example:

"\\DISKSTATION\music\Iron Maiden\En Vivo!\Disc 1" in here is cdart.png and folder.jpg
"\\DISKSTATION\music\Iron Maiden\En Vivo!\Disc 2" the directory also contains these files but cdart.png is a different image

in Kodi itself these albums with multiple discs show as a single album with the first discs tracks in order followed by the second discs tracks show in order

How do I get the cdart to show for these albums? They work perfectly fine with skins that dont require Artwork Beef to show these additional images

thanks

Yup, Artwork Beef doesn't handle albums split into different folders like that at the moment. I will have that fixed in the next version. It's still a bit hairier for skins to pull up, though.

(2018-04-04, 14:49)bluebug Wrote: hi i am useing windows 10 kodi 17.6 and aeon nox krypton  when i look for images with artwork beef it keeps coming up with errors i have done a log file thanks for looking

https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/mJrQk2vq4n/

Was Artwork Beef able to save any artwork for any movies on that drive? If not, it could be a problem with permissions, or maybe you've run out of space on the drive. Do the folders it is trying to save the artwork to exist? If they do not, clean your Kodi library and run Artwork Beef again.

(2018-04-04, 18:27)movie78 Wrote: LibreElec Kodi Alpha latest version from @Milhouse

After scanning my library successfully with Artwork Beef all the FANART for my movies default to the same picture.

Any help?

If you have the scraper configured to add a fanart image from somewhere other than fanart.tv, it's possible that a temporary outage at the web service caused this. I'll need a debug log with you running "Add missing artwork" on a couple of affected movies, as well as the relevant parts of the artwork report.

(2018-04-06, 15:02)Eddie Strike Wrote: Can artwork beef download Collection/Set posters from fanart.tv?

I don't want anything else other than these posters since PKC/plex doesn't find them.

Thanks

Yes. Artwork Beef can also be configured to "Disable all automatic processing for" all media types except movie sets.
(2018-04-07, 06:28)rmrector Wrote:
(2018-03-31, 08:36)Mario S. Wrote: Hey rmrector I have a few questions.
Is made.
Miss I something?
Thank you in advance.

If you don't have Artwork Beef configured to "Save album and song art with song files if possible" then this may also happen if Artwork Beef cannot create the folders in the Artist Information Folder. Artwork Beef should be creating any folders it needs in this folder. If it isn't, then there may be some other problem, like permission errors. I'll need a debug log with you running "Add missing artwork" on a couple of affected artists and albums to help further.   
Here are my Logfile when running Artwork Beef for only for testing Album art.
I use two diferent shares for music art smb and for music nfs.
And in the music art folder artwork beef can write files but not the album art all other files okay (clearart , clearlogo , thumb , fanart , fanart1.......)

LOGFILE
Hi,

Really like Artwork Beef, more than any other extended artwork addon I've used. Of course, there's a but...

I like to organize and move things from time to time. Multiple KODI machines from x86 through Pi. WD NAS to store everything. Windows 10 machine to "manage" things.

I recently "tested" the Artwork Beef option to save movie collection information into a single folder on my NAS and now I can't remove it. All the artwork files are owned by "nobody" and I can't move/delete them, nor add/modify them.

How do I remove the "nobody" files?

Thanks.
  • 27(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork5