• 32(current)
v17 Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork
(2018-05-12, 22:05)rmrector Wrote:
Quote:Media Companion uses also the wrong naming conventions.
Yup, it uses Artwork Downloader file names, instead of Kodi export file names. Most media managers do, and they will need to be updated. That is currently being discussed in another thread

@rmrector

First of all thank you for your understandable and well-formed answer.

I'm a Kodi Nerd but no Kodi Pro, but worked all lot into Media Companion and Artwork Downloader, and i thought all the years "They 2 Tools working perfectly together and naming is the same, so that must be the right way how i should it use, and that must be correct naming (conventions).

So there are 2 Options:

1st Option: Leave all as it is
*old Kodi Krypton
*Artwork Downloader
*Media Companion
*naming in files

2nd Option: Headache
*new Kodi (yeeeeeeeeeeah)
*no Artwork Downloader anymore, use instead Artwork Beef (no problem)
*Try to motivate the opensource Media Companion programmers to refresh their System to new conventions.
*Rename all folder Artworks new (oh god)

I dont wanna stuck in old (but good) kodi version, i wanna keep all uptodate, switch to Leia, to be a part of further development.

I want to ask very poletily:
Will there be a chance to get kind of compatibily mode for ArtworkBeef for all the guys who using Artwork Downloader+Media Companion System for many yearsHuh
If no extrafanart folder exists the plugin won't download that unless the fanart.jpg is deleted. Only then will it parse and download the extrafanart folder.
Artwork Beef updated to 0.19.1.

This version fixes the new whitelist interaction with season artwork and generated "thumb" thumbnails.

@"chrissix" Artwork Beef already supports importing both file naming conventions and it will for a Kodi version or two. This naming convention is not new, file names are just the last part to be upgraded: Artwork Downloader started this naming convention several years ago and development stopped before fully supporting it, media managers shouldn't have been relying on or imitating its half-support for these years. Bulk renaming files is not time consuming, and the media managers could also easily implement such a feature.

@stephen147 Automatic processing in Artwork Beef will not add new fanart if there is already one locally to avoid downloading duplicate images, which is likely. In most cases any fanart already stored locally is in the top X results from the web services that it would pick automatically. You can manually select more fanart images and they will be downloaded as configured.
(2018-05-15, 23:24)rmrector Wrote: Artwork Beef will not add new fanart if there is already one locally to avoid downloading duplicate images, which is likely. 
 Even if I want to increase the fanart count from 3 to 7?
Is there any way to count the existing fanarts with this plugin and then download the additional ones where it doesn't match my new setting of 7?
@rmrector

Kodi (18.0-ALPHA1 Git:20180304-89a53e418e).
does this on start up
xml:
09:10:03.088 T:21688   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
                                            Error Contents: No module named projectkeys
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "E:\Programs\Kodi_18-Meta\portable_data\addons\script.artwork.beef\service.py", line 3, in <module>
                                                from lib.artworkprocessor import ArtworkProcessor
                                              File "E:\Programs\Kodi_18-Meta\portable_data\addons\script.artwork.beef\lib\artworkprocessor.py", line 6, in <module>
                                                from lib import cleaner, reporting
                                              File "E:\Programs\Kodi_18-Meta\portable_data\addons\script.artwork.beef\lib\cleaner.py", line 4, in <module>
                                                from lib.libs import pykodi, mediatypes, quickjson
                                              File "E:\Programs\Kodi_18-Meta\portable_data\addons\script.artwork.beef\lib\libs\pykodi.py", line 12, in <module>
                                                from projectkeys import TMDB_PROJECTKEY, TADB_PROJECTKEY
                                            ImportError: No module named projectkeys
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
09:10:03.090 T:21688    INFO: Python script stopped
Shield TV | Windows 10 | Mariadb | Mii Box
Evolve Ecosystem Repo | TV Melodies | Madnox Holiday Mod
(2018-05-20, 15:13)smitchell6879 Wrote: @rmrector

Kodi (18.0-ALPHA1 Git:20180304-89a53e418e).
does this on start up

could you verify you have the file projectkeys.py in the script.artwork.beef folder?

scott s.
Artwork Beef updated to 0.19.2.

I fixed the option to add local artwork to the texture cache during automatic processing. It mostly didn't work for new media items.

@stephen147 Yes. No. There isn't a particularly good way to compare existing images to the ones on the web service so duplicates are likely. Counting won't solve much, there is a good chance the local art is different than the first X items in the currently available artwork list. I don't like that there are no good solutions to this so maybe I can rig together a small option for it, but don't hold your breath.

@smitchell6879 Where did you install Artwork Beef from? If it's from GitHub master, do you really need to run from source? There are no new features for end users, at best there is a translation merged in before the next release. If still yes, see the bottom of the README.
I recently renamed the extra fanart images for my movie library. These images had random filenames, since I've been using Artwork Downloader before. I renamed the extra fanart images into fanart1, fanart2, fanart3.....fanart20.

Than I removed the old database links (referring to the previous random filenames), by running the remove option in Artwork Beef (remove artwork for mediatype - movies - extrafanart)

Than I started "Add Missing Artwork" for "Old and New Movies". It seems that Artwork Beef doesn't recognize the renamed images in the extrafanart folders. No new artwork has been applied to the database?

Where did I go wrong?
Windows 11 Pro
Kodi 21 - Aeon MQ7/MQ9 Omega Mod
Kodi 20.5 - Aeon MQ9 Nexus Mod

Android - Beelink GT King
Kodi 21 - Aeon MQ7 Omega Mod
Kodi Maven Fork 21 - Aeon MQ9 Omega Mod

CoreELEC - Beelink GT King
Kodi 21 - Aeon MQ7 Omega Mod

(2018-05-20, 23:54)rmrector Wrote: Artwork Beef updated to 0.19.2.

I fixed the option to add local artwork to the texture cache during automatic processing. It mostly didn't work for new media items.

@stephen147 Yes. No. There isn't a particularly good way to compare existing images to the ones on the web service so duplicates are likely. Counting won't solve much, there is a good chance the local art is different than the first X items in the currently available artwork list. I don't like that there are no good solutions to this so maybe I can rig together a small option for it, but don't hold your breath.

@smitchell6879 Where did you install Artwork Beef from? If it's from GitHub master, do you really need to run from source? There are no new features for end users, at best there is a translation merged in before the next release. If still yes, see the bottom of the README.

You are correct I was trying to add it to a new install last night before I went to bed and I selected a "Release" for the master repo. Sorry to waste you time I see you have a repo in the first post I can install so I will redo the install when I get back home. again sorry to waste your time.
Shield TV | Windows 10 | Mariadb | Mii Box
Evolve Ecosystem Repo | TV Melodies | Madnox Holiday Mod
Can someone tell me if this is an issue with the skin I'm using or the way I am using Artwork Beef?

As you see below, multiple fanart images have been downloaded for the selected title:

In the extrafanart slots, nothing has populated. The skin I am using uses this extrafanart for its slideshow. I can add them manually, but I'd like them to download automatically:

Obviously, Artwork Downloader will create an extrafanart folder and download this artwork. But it still won't populate the above slots.

I'm assuming the skin needs to be coded to use the fanart shown in image #1, but I'd like to confirm these extrafanart slots will never be filled by Artwork Beef.
@Warner306 The extrafanart1, 2, 3, ect was added by the old way the skin displayed those images. When you used the cache fanart option it ran script.toolbox and it added those artworks, likely, in a similar fashion that Artwork Beef does. If you want you can use Artwork Beef to remove them by going to Remove artwork for media type. The fanart1, 2, 3, ect are the ones that should be displayed when enabling extrafanart. At least that is what is supposed to happen... Wink
(2018-05-22, 00:57)mikeSiLVO Wrote: @Warner306 The extrafanart1, 2, 3, ect was added by the old way the skin displayed those images. When you used the cache fanart option it ran script.toolbox and it added those artworks, likely, in a similar fashion that Artwork Beef does. If you want you can use Artwork Beef to remove them by going to Remove artwork for media type. The fanart1, 2, 3, ect are the ones that should be displayed when enabling extrafanart. At least that is what is supposed to happen... Wink
I'm still using 17.6 where the extrafanart slots are used for the slideshow, not the extra fanart images. Nothing will populate until I load the extrafanart slots. And, even if I download the extrafanart with Artwork Downloader and run script.toolbox, the extrafanart slots will not populate like they used to. Nothing is caching. 

If you've added this in v18, I can wait. Currently, I can run Artwork Downloader and then manually populate the extrafanart slots by browsing to the item folder and selecting images from the extrafanart folder created by Artwork Downloader.
It is added for Krypton but I have not pushed it to my repo yet. It is available on Git for now. If you are waiting for the next update from repo then I will probably push one in the next week or two. If you are using the Git version and you still have issues then I probably need to fix something...
(2018-05-22, 01:42)mikeSiLVO Wrote: It is added for Krypton but I have not pushed it to my repo yet. It is available on Git for now. If you are waiting for the next update from repo then I will probably push one in the next week or two. If you are using the Git version and you still have issues then I probably need to fix something...
 Thanks, Mike. I don't know if I'll bother with the GitHub source or not. I'll do any further posting in your thread.
Would you be open to adding an option to get Movie set artwork from a central folder?

I am a Dev for Media Companion and will be changing the naming of the extra fanart images back to fanart1.jpg etc, but for Movie set artwork, the user can select to store in the collection parent folder
ie:
Movie\Iron Man Collection\poster.jpg
Movie\Iron Man Collection\Iron Man (2008)\
etc
or store in a central folder with <movie_set_name>-poster.jpg etc
MovieSetArt\Iron Man Collection-poster.jpg
MovieSetArt\Iron Man Collection-clearlogo.png
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
  • 32(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork5