• 33(current)
v17 Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork
Artwork Beef updated to 0.20.0.

This version includes more detailed configuration options for types of artwork to download, "only identify local files" options for each media group, and preferring artwork from one specific web service. In addition, when configured to prefer one specific web service, it will not mix multiple artwork of the same type (like "fanart") from both services, avoiding another bundle of duplicates.

There are also options for multiple "poster" images for movies, movie sets, and TV shows, and a new art type "keyart" for the same media types. "keyart" is a poster without text, useful as a separate item in a skinner's toolbox as it can be paired with a clearlogo or large text title elsewhere on the window, and without text it is less distracting in the background or half-obscured (like fanart with a different aspect ratio). "keyart" also supports multiple images and neither support saving to a subdirectory like "extrafanart".

(2018-05-21, 00:52)MB1968 Wrote: I recently renamed the extra fanart images for my movie library. These images had random filenames, since I've been using Artwork Downloader before. I renamed the extra fanart images into fanart1, fanart2, fanart3.....fanart20.

Than I removed the old database links (referring to the previous random filenames), by running the remove option in Artwork Beef (remove artwork for mediatype - movies - extrafanart)

Than I started "Add Missing Artwork" for "Old and New Movies". It seems that Artwork Beef doesn't recognize the renamed images in the extrafanart folders. No new artwork has been applied to the database?

Where did I go wrong?
Open the context menu on a single movie that is affected by this, then "Manage..." then "AB: Add missing artwork". Then open Kodi's built in "Choose art" dialog and see if "fanart1" and "fanart2" and so on are filled with the new names. If that works, then add missing artwork for "all videos (new, old, and all in between)", not just old and new. If it didn't, then maybe the fanart limit in the add-on configuration is lower than you expect. With the new version that setting also applies to artwork added from the file system, while previously it was just for those added from web services. If still no luck, then I will need more details, including a debug log and artwork report.

(2018-05-26, 11:09)vbat99 Wrote: Would you be open to adding an option to get Movie set artwork from a central folder?

I am a Dev for Media Companion and will be changing the naming of the extra fanart images back to fanart1.jpg etc, but for Movie set artwork, the user can select to store in the collection parent folder
ie:
Movie\Iron Man Collection\poster.jpg
Movie\Iron Man Collection\Iron Man (2008)\
etc
or store in a central folder with <movie_set_name>-poster.jpg etc
MovieSetArt\Iron Man Collection-poster.jpg
MovieSetArt\Iron Man Collection-clearlogo.png
Artwork Beef supports both, like Movie Set Artwork Automator. However, when using a parent/ancestor directory of the movies for set artwork, Artwork Beef requires that directory name exactly match the name as set in the Kodi library (made safe for the file system), which I don't think MSAA did.
And what about possibility of a central movie set artwork folder like MSAA supports?
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
I believe AB supports a central artwork folder.  The difference is MC doesn't use set sub folders and AD does.  Would be nice to have the option to use either.
YOYIZDERZOMENEMOHOZEZAZEZDENDERIZHOZEZ
(2018-05-27, 01:28)rmrector Wrote: There are also options for multiple "poster" images for movies, movie sets, and TV shows, and a new art type "keyart" for the same media types. "keyart" is a poster without text, useful as a separate item in a skinner's toolbox as it can be paired with a clearlogo or large text title elsewhere on the window, and without text it is less distracting in the background or half-obscured (like fanart with a different aspect ratio). "keyart" also supports multiple images and neither support saving to a subdirectory like "extrafanart".

KeyArt....Fantastic, Working like charm.
Multiimage for all art working too....briliant

With keyart views are clean and good organized
XBoxMediaCenter (Kodi Matrix ) 19.3 , AndroidBox -Matrix Skin AeonMQ6
(2018-05-28, 10:46)vbat99 Wrote: And what about possibility of a central movie set artwork folder like MSAA supports?

A central movie set folder is supported. See the Artwork Beef documentation.

(2018-05-28, 14:23)bobrap Wrote: I believe AB supports a central artwork folder.  The difference is MC doesn't use set sub folders and AD does.  Would be nice to have the option to use either.

Artwork Beef will identify movie set artwork from either, but will only download new artwork to a subdirectory named for the movie set. I think this could be useful in the future as a place for some other information as well, like the artist information folder Dave added to Kodi 18 Leia. I may still add an option to change the way new artwork is saved, though.

(2018-05-28, 16:52)Angelinas Wrote: With keyart views are clean and good organized
... image ...

Looks good. You might still display the 'poster' image for the unfocused ListItems in a strip like that, since their logo or clearart aren't visible like the focused item.
I guess the new keyart feature is skin dependend. Wich skins support it and have already implement it?
Is it only for new Kodi Leia Skin versions or also for Krypton Skins?
@rmrector.

I don't use images from the web, I only use images from my external HD.

Even the latest version of AWB that should support extrafanart from the local filesystem, won't apply the extrafanart images (set to 20/maximum for movies and series).

I followed the steps you mentioned one by one, but the latest version AWB doesn't apply them. (Kodi 17.6 on Android) All movies and episodes have extra fanart images in a seperate extrafanart folder. I'll provide a debug log and AWB report a.s.a.p.
Windows 11 Pro
Kodi 21 RC2 - Aeon MQ7/MQ9 Omega Mod
Kodi 20.5 - Aeon MQ9 Nexus Mod

Android - Beelink GT King
Kodi Maven Fork 21 RC2 - Aeon MQ9 Omega Mod

CoreELEC - Beelink GT King

@"chrissix" Angelinas may have an update for Aeon MQ6, but I doubt many otherwise. Earlier previews of Aeon 2 were designed for keyart, but implemented them in a different way. Skins for Krypton can also use these images.
Hi. I have been using the AB addon for a short time in KODI 18 with the Estuary MOD V2 skin and it is amazing.
Unfortunately I do not get used to the skin so try to go back to the Aeon MQ7 in KODI 17.

So far what I did is disable AD addon downloads and install AB addon.

Now I am creating a new library and until now AB addon works wonderfully by downloading all the images.
The only thing that I could not achieve is that they enter into rotation within the windows of movies and tv shows.

try installing the script.arwork.helper-lastest, but without luck.

I've been reading Fun without addons, but I honestly do not know where I have to add those lines of code.

I hope I have explained the situation in detail.

Thanks for the addon and for the help
(2018-06-01, 04:24)Kutzaray Wrote: I've been reading Fun without addons,
Can you explain what you mean by this? Is it an article? Can you provide a link please.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2018-06-01, 04:32)Karellen Wrote:
(2018-06-01, 04:24)Kutzaray Wrote: I've been reading Fun without addons,
Can you explain what you mean by this? Is it an article? Can you provide a link please.

It is from the github AB page

https://rmrector.github.io/script.artwor...onfreefun/
Thanks. I might try it Smile
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
@Kutzaray Artwork Helper and the "Fun without add-ons" doc is meant for skin developers to implement, not so much end users.

There isn't a particularly simple way for users to switch over a skin from the "extrafanart" directory, with or without an add-on; it depends on how the skin implemented the original extrafanart.
(2018-06-02, 02:48)rmrector Wrote: @Kutzaray Artwork Helper and the "Fun without add-ons" doc is meant for skin developers to implement, not so much end users.

There isn't a particularly simple way for users to switch over a skin from the "extrafanart" directory, with or without an add-on; it depends on how the skin implemented the original extrafanart.
  Thanks rmrector. I know that the content of the github page is for software developers, I am a simple php programmer, so sometimes I managed to understand some of the code and be able to add the necessary lines.

Thanks for answering.
hello sir, i have a problem when using this artwork recently
my position on Kodi 17.6
and this is been 2 days

so when i'm using from
Manage >> AB: Select artwork >> fanart >
and this is happened
Pink Square: the thumbnail showed from fanart.tv
Red Square: the thumbnail not showed but already downloaded the thumbnail in database on previously last days from TheTVDB.com
Purple Square: the thumbnail showed cause already choosen as default fanart on the Series from TheTVDB.com

and all the thumbnail from TheTVDB.com not showed up!
and i already doing that on fresh build instal of Kodi Krypton
INTEL: Celeron - UHD 610 | KODI: 18.3
  • 33(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork5