• 35(current)
v17 Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork
Just out of interest, is there any way to save video artwork to a centralized folder yet?

I love how Audio works, but video artwork spread out all over the place isn't very nice imo.
hi so I am having some trouble with this.

edit: after reinstalling everything it worked.

thx for this! really appreciate it!
Hello rmrector,

Wanted to thank you for this wonderful add-on. My video library has been transformed, thanks to this.  I'm still figuring out the different settings, but so far, all good. Thanks again for this.
rmrector,

Is there any functionality present or planned that will show the artwork dimensions while previewing in manual mode? I just recently switched from Artwork Downloader, and this meta data was displayed by default in the preview and was extremely useful to find the highest resolution fanart and posters. I hate downloading a cool looking fanart (in the preview) to only find out that it downloaded a 1280x720 image. I have set AB to look for 1920x1080 images by default, but in manual mode, I see all images for all providers in all dimensions.

In the end, I only select the highest quality images when available and it is almost impossible to know what I am getting from the preview in manual mode. This is the ONLY core functionality from Artwork Downloader that I sorely miss... I am not sure if AD acquired this meta data from the files directly, or if it is stored with the image provider in their database and queried by the APIs.

I use manual mode to hand pick artwork by dimension. For me, higher resolution is more important than image content. I will always pick the higher resolution image, even if the artwork is not as cool.

My Personal Artwork Preferences:
Fanart: 3840x2160>1920x1080>1280x720
Poster: 2000x3000>1400x2100>1000x1500
ClearLogo: HD>SD

This is my only request. Other than that, thank gosh Artwork Beef exists! Thank you for saving my Kodi experience. Customizing Kodi is what this is all about and I really appreciate you stepping up and developing this addon.

Please let me know your thoughts on this specific feature. I look forward to it.
(2018-06-08, 03:40)Blurayx Wrote: Would it be possible to add a backup settings option for Artwork Beef?
Not in Artwork Beef. It is a single folder "userdata/addon_data/script.artwork.beef/", or use the Backup add-on to back up all "Addon data".

(2018-06-09, 22:39)FannyCradock Wrote: Is there any way to have AB automatically grab episode fanart when a new show is added?
Nope. They add a bundle of new API calls to The Movie Database and just aren’t available for many series.

(2018-06-13, 23:29)vbat99 Wrote: Where the as Kodi Wiki, https://kodi.wiki/view/Movie_artwork#Extra_Fanart, extrafanart\extrathumbs states numbering should be from 0-9 (max 10 images).
The Kodi wiki describes one possible way to store artwork in the extra folders, but it is not the only way. Kodi doesn't support those folders in any way, I don't suggest skins use the folders directly but if they do they generally do not care what the image files inside are called, and other well-designed tools should support images in those folders no matter the filename.

(2018-06-15, 01:04)vbat99 Wrote: Another issue just found is with movie titles with illegal characters. Artwork Beef fails to save local artwork
Something with Kodi on Windows causes this to not work right, and I'm not sure how to fix it. Is this drive a Samba share? I see this issue with Kodi's "smb://" paths, but NFS works well. If you open the context menu for that movie set and run "AB: Add missing artwork" does it still throw an error? If so, what version of Artwork Beef and Kodi are you using? I will need a Kodi debug log to investigate further, and while recording the log run "AB: add missing artwork" on that movie set.

(2018-06-15, 03:24)Blurayx Wrote: Artwork beef adds artwork to my artist information folder but doesn't create an extrafanart folder. is there an option for this?
No. I may reconsider adding an option in the future.

(2018-06-15, 10:54)docwra Wrote: Just out of interest, is there any way to save video artwork to a centralized folder yet?
No, but it is high on the list.

(2018-06-18, 09:29)falconexe Wrote: Is there any functionality present or planned that will show the artwork dimensions while previewing in manual mode?

This information is already shown for artwork from web services. It is available to skins as "ListItem.Label2" right next to the image rating, but perhaps your skin does not display that label.
I have previously this addon to scrape Movie set poster, and logo automatically. But now i am not able to find which settings i need to enable within this add on to scrap that data, can someone please help?
General/add artwork for new videos after library update

Will automatically add artwork when new content is placed in the library. Be sure that you have filled out the fanart.tv api Key in advance also.
I've been meaning to switch to Artwood Beef, finally did it today but I just get an "Artwork Beef Error - Check Log".

I can't only find the "report" in the settings but this shows nothing?
(2018-07-06, 20:04)MANswers Wrote: I have previously this addon to scrape Movie set poster, and logo automatically. But now i am not able to find which settings i need to enable within this add on to scrap that data, can someone please help?

In the Artwork Beef settings in the "Movies" tab, under the option "Automatically add these artwork types from web services and file system", set "Movie set poster" to at least 1, and make sure "Movie set clearlogo" is checked.
(2018-07-07, 18:38)TCCalvin Wrote: I've been meaning to switch to Artwood Beef, finally did it today but I just get an "Artwork Beef Error - Check Log".

I can't only find the "report" in the settings but this shows nothing?

Read the bottom of the first post. I at least need the Kodi debug log.
Cheers, log here: https://pastebin.com/DjET6ZYG

I've only got it set to grab ClearArt and ClearLogos from fanart.tv for TV and Movies.
Hi. Smile Quick question: I have set my Artwork Beef to "prefer Kodi thumbs over scraper thumbs", how ever, most of the time Artwork Beef doesn't replace the thumbs. Is there no way that I can set Artwork Beef to just straight up NOT scrape thumbs? I fail to see thumbs included in any of the settings other than in "Advanced" where I set the mentioned setting that fails me many times. Can't I leave thumbs out entirely so Kodi just generated the thumbs. Scraped thumbs are low res and terrible to look at. :/

Hope you guys can help. Smile And thanks for the hard work.
@TCCalvin The version of Kodi Leia you are using is too old (over a year). Upgrade to a more recently nightly and you should be golden.

@curael Artwork Beef doesn't scrape thumbs at all, it either leaves them as is or replaces them. I took a look through the add-on settings and it looks like it wouldn't replace them if no episode artwork is set under "Automatically add these artwork types from web services and file system". This shouldn't happen, I will work on a fix for the next update. In the meantime, you can add "thumb" to the option "Additional art types for TV episodes (comma separated)".
Cheers, I was trying not to update as everything was stable on the nightly I was using.  Updated to yesterday's though and Artwork Beef is now working thanks.
@rmrector 

Hi again!

I figured out my issue actually, like perfectly what happens. TVDB scraper ALWAYS scrapes thumbs to newly added shows. This is where Artwork Beef doesn't handle it no matter what I do. If I go and kill my thumbs folder and db, Artwork Beef (Or Kodi) will just scrape the images from the file. I can go into Artwork Beef AFTER TVDB scrapes a newly added show and do "Replace missing artwork" how ever, this will ONLY work on episode basis. This means that I have to go through all of the show's episodes one by one and do "Add missing artwork" The TVDB thumb will then be replaced of the file thumb.

I don't know if this helps. I don't see how I can stop TVDB from scraping it's silly low res thumbs when it finds new shows. 

And honestly if I could just disable that one function, I wouldn't even need Artwork Beef to do "Add missing artwork". 

I'll try the "thumb" addition in the add-ons settings for now. I appreciate any solution that will work. I really don't mind. Big Grin Just wanted to ask. I'll give it a go!

EDIT: It works! Yay! Thanks so much I really appreciate that. I was going crazy from having to delete the thumbs every time I got a new show.

Hey question, would Artwork Beef be able to "touch" the files? I use the "AURA" skin and it has "Newly added episodes" as a feature in the skin and the skin then displays the episode thumb. I don't know if you're familiar with the skin but I can show you some images? Basically all files will have an empty thumb regardless of TVDB or Kodi scraping because Kodi hasn't "looked" at the file yet. I know this is a limitation of Kodi so I was wondering if there would be any option to "touch" the file while it's being scraped by Artwork Beef, just so that Kodi is forced to generate a thumbnail in the process? That would be really cool. I understand if an add-on can't do this either. My programming skills are extremely limited, I was just wondering about it as it would really help out in presenting the skin nicely with thumbs instead of having to go into the show to get the thumbs generated.

Thanks and sorry for the wall of text. Smile
(2018-06-20, 01:29)rmrector Wrote:
Quote:Where the as Kodi Wiki, https://kodi.wiki/view/Movie_artwork#Extra_Fanart, extrafanart\extrathumbs states numbering should be from 0-9 (max 10 images).
The Kodi wiki describes one possible way to store artwork in the extra folders, but it is not the only way. Kodi doesn't support those folders in any way, I don't suggest skins use the folders directly but if they do they generally do not care what the image files inside are called, and other well-designed tools should support images in those folders no matter the filename.   

Since the last update of the Media Manager: Media Companion there was implementet a bulk renaming function of all extrafanarts renaming them from fanart0-9.jpg
Just likes it is carved in stone in kodi wiki, but nobody tooks care of this "dead" naming convention of extrafanart.

I tried to find out why this never lived naming convention stands in the wiki as it stands.
In every skin supporting extrafanarts i've tried the extrafanarts are always in a random sideshow.
With only replace one word in the skin.xml we can set a chronological sort function for extrafanarts sideshow in kodi, but that sort is strict Integer.
(It's would also really not that complicated to add an toggle on/ff (extrafanart random/extrafanart chronological) button in the IncludesTopMenu.xml of any skin.)

That's why 0-9 -> to get exaclty 10 extrafanarts and also be strict Integer -> sounds logical
Most extrafanarts on skins are toggling every 6 seconds and so there is exaclty 1 minute of extrafanart sideshow -> sounds logical

When some want to use this that way, that means that should only 10 fanarts are on use.
Integer sort sequence considering every file extension (experimentent with .gif's and .png's)
More extrafanart is optional possible like always before but then they are joining the integer sequence. (and get may a unwanted mixup)

My suggestion request:
We are all aware that it doesn't care what the extrafanarts (if in folders) are named, how much in it, wich file extrension they have.
But since years we have the official wiki for the extrafanarts, now Media Companion have integrated it, and on Artwork Beef the extrafanarts have now also a naming system.

Requests, Thoughts, Suggestions:

a) I would like to wish a lot to start the extrafanart naming from fanart0-9.jpg
Why?
1) Then they are Integer (When choosen 10 fanarts)
2) Then the kodi extrafanart sort chronolocical function would work likes a charm
3) Then extrafanart fetishits can choose their own chronolocigal extrafanart sideshow and can also set standardfanart as first fanart (fanart0) when they also want them to see on extrafanarts
4) Then it's cooperating with MediaCompanion without unwanted side effects
5) Then we have an non lived naming convention brought to live (only for users want use it that way)

b) I know it is more wishful thinking but it would be too nice, if you "unite" with the MediaCompanion programmer concerning handling extrafanarts
1) cause of may unwanted replacing of files
2) cause of may unwanted adding and duplicating of files
3) other may unknown side effects...

c) Maybe it's worth considering about to reduce extrafanart count from 20 to 10 (fanart0-9) without any compromise
(For some may prevent anger i want to use chronological extrafanart but have scraped too much that cause mixup of Integer)

Is it possible to set extrafanart naming from fanart0-9.jpg?

Thanks for reading my suggustions
  • 35(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork5