• 44(current)
v17 Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork
Is there an option to use local images for artwork that AB doesn't find? If so where? If not I would like to request this.
Running Matrix Titan Bingie Mod skin on Nvidia Shield to Insignia 58in 4k TV in living room. Same setup on Xiaomi Mi boxes in my bedroom and home gym. Same setup in camper with a 24in tv, Google Pixel 7 Android 13 cell phone. Kodi and Plex Server Dell Inspirion 5575 Ryzen 5 HTPC Windows 10 with 5TB external HDD
Hello, I store all my media on a Windows server, and access through samba, I've already downloaded all the artwork from a client with AB, which gets stored on the server's media folders as it's supposed to; but when I use the option to preload local artwork to Kodi's texture cache, nothing gets preloaded on the client. Is the preloading supposed to work on the client's side, where there's no media stored? Cheers!
Hi all,

I'm experiencing the following and I after playing around with the settings and searching the forum I couldn't find an answer. Basically Artwork Beef is changing my already set fanart for both movies and TV shows whenever I do either a library update or on a weekly basis. Does somebody know how to stop this?
(2018-09-24, 11:00)Jondar Wrote:
(2018-09-23, 22:57)rmrector Wrote: The option works as expected for me, are you sure Artwork Beef is adding them? If you run "AB: Add missing artwork" on a TV show that are cleaned in your library but do have banners available at TheTVDB, do they come back?

Season banners are basic artwork in Kodi and handled like season posters and TV show fanart, so they could also be coming from a scraper or NFO file.

Artwork Beef added them, based on the artwork report. I see lines like
Code:
Processing tvshow 'American Horror Story'
Not missing artwork, not looking for any
Updated artwork: season.8.poster, season.8.banner

Running "AB: Add missing artwork" doesn't add anything

The .nfo files I use don't have any references to images at all. I remove them.

I'm now wondering if it is the scraper, when it adds a new show, or adds a new season to an existing show.

I'll keep an eye on it.

Sorry for the bother! Smile

~Jondar   
Yup, probably from the scraper. Artwork Beef can "update" artwork for other reasons, in this case probably changing TheTVDB image URLs to match their new layout.

(2018-09-25, 02:22)Edworld Wrote: 2) Is there an option to prefer local artwork, but if not available to download from preferred site?
This is what Artwork Beef does, no option to change it.

(2018-09-25, 15:57)cscott1 Wrote: Is there an option to use local images for artwork that AB doesn't find? If so where? If not I would like to request this.
Artwork Beef prefers local images first, and if none are available then it looks online. No option to change this.

(2018-09-26, 23:34)gabardal Wrote: Hello, I store all my media on a Windows server, and access through samba, I've already downloaded all the artwork from a client with AB, which gets stored on the server's media folders as it's supposed to; but when I use the option to preload local artwork to Kodi's texture cache, nothing gets preloaded on the client. Is the preloading supposed to work on the client's side, where there's no media stored? Cheers!
Yes, artwork preloading should work for artwork shared on a samba network. Artwork Beef must process a media item on each client to preload artwork on that client.

(2018-09-28, 00:48)Maza Wrote: Hi all,

I'm experiencing the following and I after playing around with the settings and searching the forum I couldn't find an answer. Basically Artwork Beef is changing my already set fanart for both movies and TV shows whenever I do either a library update or on a weekly basis. Does somebody know how to stop this?
Changing artwork how? It generally shouldn't change existing artwork, but local artwork will always be assigned if it exists.
Hi. Thanks for this!  Where does AB store the images it downloads?   Also, would it possible to have buttons on the movie's Info screen?  The apparently now dead "Artwork Downloader" did.   Would be easier than going to menu>manage>AB.  Thx.
(2018-09-28, 00:48)Maza Wrote: Hi all,

Set fanart and set posters were always left untouched on my side.
But once the set clearlogo was changed.
<Problem seems to be solved, read the edits>

Greetings,
Since Artwork Downloader isn't working anymore i tried giving Artwork Beef a shot.
At first i just installed it and tried it out on my current kodi installation, i had several movies and series that lacked lot's of artwork.
First thing i did was select a single series - > Options -> AB: Add Missing artwork and it gave an error "No web service IDs available, can't look up online: tvshow 'series name'. Then i tried going to addons -> Artwork Beef -> Run -> add missing artwork for: -> All videos. It didn't work also.
Then i tried messing with AB settings and giving it another shot, it didn't work. Then i reset its settings to their defaults and to my surprise, it worked.. it downloaded all missing artwork. I then added more movies and series to kodi and when i tried AB again, it didn't work anymore. I tried everything i did above but it never worked again.
I wanted to try one more time, this time i backed up my movie database and reinstalled kodi from scratch. The only addons i installed were the Eminence 2 mod skin (and all it's dependencies), youtube, Artwork Beef and artwork helper. I imported my database and tried AB again. I did everything i did above but it never worked.

I'm using Jarvis 16.1 because newer versions lack the amcodec for amlogic devices.
My OS is Android 5.1.1
Using the latest version of Artwork Beef
My AB settings are set to their defaults.

Kodi's log here: aguzoyunoy.kodi (paste)
artwork-report here: jidoziluzo (paste)

I hope i provided enough information.
Thanks in advance.

EDIT: I just noticed that it's working fine with movies. The problem seems to be with tv series.

EDIT2: ok i think i made a mistake by backing up my database and importing it to the new kodi installation, whatever was wrong with the tv series id's got backed up too and i think that was the reason it wasn't working even with a fresh install. Either that or the tvdb scrapper messed up something, i don't know.
I just deleted the tv series database and made a full rescan of the files. By doing this, AB started working like it should.
I'm not going to delete this post in case someone has the same problem.
I'm curious about Artwork Beef and if it solves a functionality issue that Artwork Downloader does not. I've skimmed some of this thread but didn't pick up on what I am curious about.

Does AB automatically scrape local extra art such as clearlogo, clearart and discart, into the Kodi cache when scraping and does it then use the local cache to recall this artwork until manually changed? If so, what file naming convention does AB pull from the local files? (logo.png or movie title (year)-clearlogo.png)

I've used AD since I began using Kodi but the lack of automatic extra art scraping when it's all local and requiring 2 different naming conventions for extra art because Kodi uses one and AD another is extra work I'd like to avoid having to do.
(2018-09-28, 12:56)ctawn Wrote: Hi. Thanks for this!  Where does AB store the images it downloads?   Also, would it possible to have buttons on the movie's Info screen?  The apparently now dead "Artwork Downloader" did.   Would be easier than going to menu>manage>AB.  Thx.
1. If Artwork Beef is configured to download images it will generally download them next to the media items, see documentation for details.
2. Skins can add a button for Artwork Beef just like they can add a button for Artwork Downloader.

@nikkoaki Yeah, the web service IDs must be added by scrapers or NFO files, so if you haven't refreshed the item for a long time it may be missing.

(2018-10-05, 19:47)K0D1User1138 Wrote: I'm curious about Artwork Beef and if it solves a functionality issue that Artwork Downloader does not. I've skimmed some of this thread but didn't pick up on what I am curious about.

Does AB automatically scrape local extra art such as clearlogo, clearart and discart, into the Kodi cache when scraping and does it then use the local cache to recall this artwork until manually changed? If so, what file naming convention does AB pull from the local files? (logo.png or movie title (year)-clearlogo.png)

I've used AD since I began using Kodi but the lack of automatic extra art scraping when it's all local and requiring 2 different naming conventions for extra art because Kodi uses one and AD another is extra work I'd like to avoid having to do.
Yes, Artwork Beef prefers local artwork, it identifies artwork with or without the movie title, and can identify artwork with the proper name "clearlogo" or AD's name "logo". The documentation has more details, but it generally matches and extends Kodi's convention.
I was under the impression Kodi used the basic naming for extra art and AD used the file name extended format. If AB uses the file name version and I can eliminate all the basic versions, and have AB scrape the artwork anytime I scrape or refresh an entry automatically that would be awesome.

Still unsure why these extra arts aren’t built into Kodi proper with an option to use them or not. Especially for just local art.
Could pls someone tell me the replacement for:

xml:

<!-- Download Movie Landscape -->
                    <control type="button" id="1251">
                        <include>SkinSettingsButtonsWide</include>
                        <label>download Landscape Art for movies</label>
                        <onclick>XBMC.runscript(script.artwork.downloader, mode=custom, mediatype=movie, thumb, landscape)</onclick>
                        <visible></visible>
                    </control>

read thru the whole wiki but no hints. (would have expect something like this in the "skin section" off the wiki, but nooo.)
(2018-10-05, 21:43)K0D1User1138 Wrote: I was under the impression Kodi used the basic naming for extra art and AD used the file name extended format. If AB uses the file name version and I can eliminate all the basic versions, and have AB scrape the artwork anytime I scrape or refresh an entry automatically that would be awesome.
Kodi has always imported artwork with both names "poster.jpg" and "movie name-poster.jpg", depending on source configuration; the short one doesn't work if your source isn't configured with "Movies are in separate folders that match the movie title".

(2018-10-05, 21:43)K0D1User1138 Wrote: Still unsure why these extra arts aren’t built into Kodi proper with an option to use them or not. Especially for just local art.
Kodi 18 has had the ability to add the extra art from scrapers or NFO files for most video library items for most of the year. The work has been done for local files for months, but Team Kodi doesn't like the way it is configured and won't offer any suggestions or direction beyond "wrong approach".

(2018-10-07, 04:34)Rantanplan-1 Wrote: Could pls someone tell me the replacement for:

xml:

<!-- Download Movie Landscape -->
                    <control type="button" id="1251">
                        <include>SkinSettingsButtonsWide</include>
                        <label>download Landscape Art for movies</label>
                        <onclick>XBMC.runscript(script.artwork.downloader, mode=custom, mediatype=movie, thumb, landscape)</onclick>
                        <visible></visible>
                    </control>

read thru the whole wiki but no hints. (would have expect something like this in the "skin section" off the wiki, but nooo.)
 See this section of the documentation. There are only "gui" and "auto" modes, and "auto" respects the add-on settings.
(2018-10-08, 00:33)rmrector Wrote: See this section of the documentation. There are only "gui" and "auto" modes, and "auto" respects the add-on settings.

so as long as i get you right, i cant any longer offer the User a Button to download extra arts which are supported by the Skin. (the one im working on?) ( Sad

EDIT:
How should i make the user aware of that the Skin he's using supports Landscape Art and in some places clearlogo or discart?

How should i offer the user possibility to download these Arts which enhace the look of the Skin?
(2018-10-08, 00:59)Rantanplan-1 Wrote:
(2018-10-08, 00:33)rmrector Wrote: See this section of the documentation. There are only "gui" and "auto" modes, and "auto" respects the add-on settings.

so as long as i get you right, i cant any longer offer the User a Button to download extra arts which are supported by the Skin im working on? ( Sad 
 WTF? That clearly shows you the action needed for a button to automatically add artwork. I do not intend to give you as a skinner a way to override a user's configuration, though.
(2018-10-08, 01:06)rmrector Wrote:  WTF? That clearly shows you the action needed for a button to automatically add artwork. I do not intend to give you as a skinner a way to override a user's configuration, though.

Why not?

This was possible with artworkdownloader and i never heard someone complain about it. If the Butten clearly sais "download Landscape Art", the user is totaly aware of what this button does.

As long as i get that right you also dont want "artworkbeef" as a dependancy in the addon.xml of a Skin.

im just looking for a way to make the user aware of which artworktypes this skin supports and how he can download them. (A Button in SkinSettings which let the user Download Additional Art, did seem to me a easy way to approach this.)
  • 44(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork5