• 45(current)
v17 Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork
hello, error when artwork beef scanning the library...could you help me pleaseHuh this is the log error:

[script.artwork.beef] Error with provider 'fanart.tv': Encountered multiple errors, skipping provider for remaining items
20:20:53.774 T:2408 WARNING: [script.artwork.beef] Error with provider 'TheTVDB.com': Invalid project API key: installed incorrectly and the built-in key is missing

I've already reinstalled the addon, but it still shows the same error
@Rantanplan-1 

Because user's are in charge of their system, not you. Artwork Beef already has a way to add missing artwork as configured, there is no reason to complicate this with some other button that ignores their configuration and does whatever you feel like ("no one has complained to me" is an incredibly low bar).

Mention it in the thread, show artwork in screenshots, add a line in the "Skin settings" window.

@DANI940 Follow the installation instructions on the first page. Do not download Artwork Beef from anywhere else.

edit: Wrong mention.
(2018-10-08, 00:33)rmrector Wrote: Kodi has always imported artwork with both names "poster.jpg" and "movie name-poster.jpg", depending on source configuration; the short one doesn't work if your source isn't configured with "Movies are in separate folders that match the movie title".

I've always understood poster and fanart needed the file name convention, which is what I prefer Makes it easy to sort, batch copy or otherwise deal with when each file has it's own unique name rather than hundreds all being the same. This is how I believe it would be awsome for Kodi to recognize any extra art as well.

(2018-10-08, 00:33)rmrector Wrote: Kodi 18 has had the ability to add the extra art from scrapers or NFO files for most video library items for most of the year. The work has been done for local files for months, but Team Kodi doesn't like the way it is configured and won't offer any suggestions or direction beyond "wrong approach".
[/quote]

As I've seen in many skins the use of 3 specific extra art items seems almost integrated into Kodi across a wide spread of installations. I'd love to make my life simpler by having these 3 arts automatically scraped by Kodi when I scrape a new movie or re-scrape and existing one. Settings within the artwork section of Kodi to specify how this is handled would allow those who don't use/care for the extra art to not have to worry about them. I manage all my art personally before I ever scrape into Kodi and currently create 2 versions of these 3 extra art so both Kodi and AD will recognize them in the manners in which they work. It always takes additional steps beyond just scraping the new or completely locale information media into my library. I feel this should be able to be accomplished easier.

thanks for your info. Once I'm donw my current library clean-up process I will look into how AB works and if that solves any of my concerns.
(2018-10-05, 21:43)K0D1User1138 Wrote: Still unsure why these extra arts aren’t built into Kodi proper with an option to use them or not. Especially for just local art.
(2018-10-08, 00:33)rmrector Wrote: Kodi 18 has had the ability to add the extra art from scrapers or NFO files for most video library items for most of the year. The work has been done for local files for months, but Team Kodi doesn't like the way it is configured and won't offer any suggestions or direction beyond "wrong approach".
Sorry about the lack of progress on your PR, all I can say is that the "wrong approach" view point is not held by the whole team. Also anyone raising a PR has to persistently and yet patiently and politely fight for it, no matter how unhelpful some team members may be. No one will notice it lurking and no one has individual responsibility to repond or give useful guidence. It would be nice if they did, but often this isn't the case. Is it a bad way to treat contributors, yes I think it is crap, but there simply aren't enough devs with sufficient knowledge, skills and spare time.

If I can motivate myself (working on Kodi is draining even with the "advantages" on being a team member) I am hoping to make the music equivalent (that is in v18) configurable via GUI settings in v19, maybe get this whole thing done for video too then too. Unfortunately I don't have much to do with video lib, art or scraping so don't feel that I can push the intermediate step for video now.
Thanks Dave. I do know that not every team member acts/thinks this way, but as long as one (or two or three) bad attitudes can hold Kodi back then it is a problem that the entire team needs to address, especially considering this attitude has been a part of Team Kodi since I was just a lurker around here.

"we would welcome any developer who wants to spend time on getting Kodi better in every way." What a joke. Some members of Team Kodi are more than willing to spend their "spare time" being nasty and unwelcoming. There aren't enough devs because no one wants to work with such nastiness.
I am having an issue with the movie set artwork. I have it configured to add the clearlogo for each set as well as 1 poster and 1 fanart for each set, however the poster and fanart being displayed are from one of the movies in each set and not being fetched from an online source.

When i set the slider in settings to add 2 posters for each set then a desired poster is added along with the normal poster but I just want the collection poster and fanart fetched from fanart.tv

Is this a problem with my settings or a limitation of the add-on?

Cheers

EDIT: I managed to solve the issue by using the "Remove artwork for media type" option in Artwork Beef and removing the art for the sets and then rescanning.
i miss the “Automatically preload local video / music library artwork to Kodi texture cache” feature in newest version?
Is the feature dropped? Sad
(2018-10-08, 18:31)DaveBlake Wrote:
(2018-10-05, 21:43)K0D1User1138 Wrote: Still unsure why these extra arts aren’t built into Kodi proper with an option to use them or not. Especially for just local art.
Sorry about the lack of progress on your PR, all I can say is that the "wrong approach" view point is not held by the whole team. Also anyone raising a PR has to persistently and yet patiently and politely fight for it, no matter how unhelpful some team members may be. No one will notice it lurking and no one has individual responsibility to repond or give useful guidence. It would be nice if they did, but often this isn't the case. Is it a bad way to treat contributors, yes I think it is crap, but there simply aren't enough devs with sufficient knowledge, skills and spare time.

If I can motivate myself (working on Kodi is draining even with the "advantages" on being a team member) I am hoping to make the music equivalent (that is in v18) configurable via GUI settings in v19, maybe get this whole thing done for video too then too. Unfortunately I don't have much to do with video lib, art or scraping so don't feel that I can push the intermediate step for video now. 
 Appreciate the response. I'd say to the Team Kodi devs that they should probably think of a better way to implement user input. I've lurked around XBMC/Kodi for awhile and started getting into it heavily myself a bit ago and found far more snark than help which doesn't benefit anyone. After all don't we all just want one awesome amazing program that does incredible things? I can understand there's tons of real out there ideas but I've noticed lots of very common things that you'd think should be intergrated by now still being tricky to figure out if you don't devote a lot of time.

I am always thankful to the people here who offer their help, ideas and knowledge.
From my few years of experience working inside the team(now retired) just keep on plugging away, try to address comments but also understand them and be open to a polite debate with reasons for the choices made. What may seem like blocking comments, rarely are if you make sound points and contribute good code.

Update the PR with any reviewer comment requests and bump it after a couple of weeks with a reason I.E. a commit squash or code update. If its languishing for no reason, ask the team why and what can be done to improve it or ask them to close it if not. If it is closed, try another approach. The key is to stay positive and work around any issues.
And of course there I go complaining without the necessary counterpoint: I am a big fan of Kodi and do appreciate all the effort, time, and expertise Team Kodi has put in to make Kodi the best in class and their stewardship with continual improvements and new features over the years. I am here contributing my own time and effort in the ways that I can because Kodi is great and I appreciate it.
(2018-10-09, 07:21)aussie_huddo Wrote: I am having an issue with the movie set artwork.
EDIT: I managed to solve the issue by using the "Remove artwork for media type" option in Artwork Beef and removing the art for the sets and then rescanning.
Yeah, artwork for movie sets can be troublesome, and that is the best way to deal with it for now. Artwork Beef should be better about catching this for new movies and movie sets added, but it may still miss some items.

(2018-10-10, 18:54)chrissix Wrote: i miss the “Automatically preload local video / music library artwork to Kodi texture cache” feature in newest version?
Is the feature dropped? Sad
Nope, it is on the "Advanced" tab of the add-on settings, where it's always been. Make sure you actually have the newest version installed: 0.22.0.
I've been trying to get Artwork Beef to run all day, and it doesn't want to. All I want is to load clear logos into the skin.

ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeDecodeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0xb0 in position 3: invalid start byte
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\Kriven\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.artwork.beef\service.py", line 376, in <module>
                                                ArtworkService().run()
                                              File "C:\Users\Kriven\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.artwork.beef\service.py", line 105, in run
                                                if self.process_allvideos(self.processed.is_stale):
                                              File "C:\Users\Kriven\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.artwork.beef\service.py", line 206, in process_allvideos
                                                items.extend(info.MediaItem(movie) for movie in quickjson.get_item_list(mediatypes.MOVIE)
                                              File "C:\Users\Kriven\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.artwork.beef\lib\libs\quickjson.py", line 70, in get_item_list
                                                json_result = pykodi.execute_jsonrpc(json_request)
                                              File "C:\Users\Kriven\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.artwork.beef\lib\libs\pykodi.py", line 111, in execute_jsonrpc
                                                raise e2
                                            UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0xb0 in position 3: invalid start byte
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
(2018-10-16, 03:03)Kriven Wrote: I've been trying to get Artwork Beef to run all day, and it doesn't want to. All I want is to load clear logos into the skin.

ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeDecodeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0xb0 in position 3: invalid start byte
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\Kriven\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.artwork.beef\service.py", line 376, in <module>
                                                ArtworkService().run()
                                              File "C:\Users\Kriven\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.artwork.beef\service.py", line 105, in run
                                                if self.process_allvideos(self.processed.is_stale):
                                              File "C:\Users\Kriven\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.artwork.beef\service.py", line 206, in process_allvideos
                                                items.extend(info.MediaItem(movie) for movie in quickjson.get_item_list(mediatypes.MOVIE)
                                              File "C:\Users\Kriven\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.artwork.beef\lib\libs\quickjson.py", line 70, in get_item_list
                                                json_result = pykodi.execute_jsonrpc(json_request)
                                              File "C:\Users\Kriven\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.artwork.beef\lib\libs\pykodi.py", line 111, in execute_jsonrpc
                                                raise e2
                                            UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0xb0 in position 3: invalid start byte
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
Yikes, my best guess is file name encoding. The lines preceding that error message should have more information for me to work with, please post the full log.
Hi.  What exactly does 'download existing remote images in the video library' do?  The wiki isn't very clear to me.  I have already downloaded all my artwork locally.  What are remote images and where are they downloading to?  I started to run it and then canceled in case it might screw up my existing artwork.  It said it downloaded 4 files after processing a couple movies.  There was nothing additional in those couple folders?  So where are the four files so I can compare to what I already have?  All my existing artwork was and is downloaded with Artwork Beef fwiw.

Also I ran 'Preload local video and music to cache'.  After about 2 seconds analyzing, it reported zero when finished both times.  What's up with that?
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
(2018-10-19, 02:10)brazen1 Wrote: Hi.  What exactly does 'download existing remote images in the video library' do?  The wiki isn't very clear to me.  I have already downloaded all my artwork locally.  What are remote images and where are they downloading to?  I started to run it and then canceled in case it might screw up my existing artwork.  It said it downloaded 4 files after processing a couple movies.  There was nothing additional in those couple folders?  So where are the four files so I can compare to what I already have?  All my existing artwork was and is downloaded with Artwork Beef fwiw.

Also I ran 'Preload local video and music to cache'.  After about 2 seconds analyzing, it reported zero when finished both times.  What's up with that?
 It downloads images for media items in your library that are still URLs to remote web services like fanart.tv. They will generally be downloaded next to your media files, detailed on the Image files page of the documentation.

You didn't include a debug log. What's up with that? Post it, and while debug logging is enabled make sure to run both of the actions you want me to help you with. With 4x more posts around here than I you know how this works.
Artwork Beef updated to 0.22.1

Includes a new translation to Spanish from 'roliverosc'! Plus a fix for the speed regression when caching artwork for many items (the last version sped it up when processing individual items but really slowed down working through a larger list) and it makes the correct central movie set directory for set names that include a slash.
  • 45(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork5