• 47(current)
v17 Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork
(2018-11-07, 20:48)rmrector Wrote:
(2018-11-03, 20:58)pantherts Wrote: Just recently started using Artwork Beef and am very impressed with it's ease of use and speed!  Quick question about Movie Sets.  For some reason the movie set poster is being assigned to movies where an Animated Poster cannot be found in my library.  I'm using the Aeon MQ 7 skin on Krypton.  I stored the files locally and took a look at the movies in the collection and they all have the same poster...so, I know that it's the skin that's pulling the Animated posters and displaying those in place of what AB is downloading but I don't understand why it's not getting individual movie posters for those particular movies. It seems like AB is seeing that a movie belongs in a collection and just grabbing the same collection poster for each of the movies within that collection.  Thanks for any assistance anyone can provide!
 I'll need more information to narrow this down. If you open the standard Kodi "Choose art" dialog on an affected movie, is the correct image shown as the "Poster" list item? How are your movie files, their artwork, and the movie set artwork arranged on your disk? A couple of screenshots of the file listing should cover it, and include an affected movie.  
 Hey, thanks for getting back to me and sorry for the delay! Here are the answers to your questions:

1. Choose Art dialog shows collection poster as "Poster" list item.
2. Movie files are organized like this: Screenshot
3. Here are my advanced settings in Artwork Beef that may be relevant: Artwork Beef Advanced Settings

Thanks so much!

P.S.: I switched back to Estuary skin for the settings screenshot to test if Aeon MQ was causing any issues and it doesn't seem to make any difference.
(2018-11-07, 20:48)rmrector Wrote: Just recently started using Artwork Beef and am very impressed with it's ease of use and speed!  Quick question about Movie Sets.  For some reason the movie set poster is being assigned to movies where an Animated Poster cannot be found in my library.  I'm using the Aeon MQ 7 skin on Krypton.  I stored the files locally and took a look at the movies in the collection and they all have the same poster...so, I know that it's the skin that's pulling the Animated posters and displaying those in place of what AB is downloading but I don't understand why it's not getting individual movie posters for those particular movies. It seems like AB is seeing that a movie belongs in a collection and just grabbing the same collection poster for each of the movies within that collection.  Thanks for any assistance anyone can provide!

Same here! Also on the Aeon MQ7. Last AB version(s) movieset management was functional very well, but now there are no effects on moviesets artwork on newest AB version with same settings i used 1 year with other versions.
I also tried other settings, restore AB settings default and make new settings, but now AB not functional with moviesets. I use now again MovieSet Artwork Automator again, but thats not the solution cause its skipping clearlogo cause change of naming convention and also animatedposter.gif and animatedfanart.gif not functional for MovieSet Artwork automator. @rmrector  Can you please provide 2 older versions of AB to compare results? You made the general "read in" algorithm a lot faster with the most recent update. I think it has something to do with it.

EDIT: Updating from 0.22.0 to 0.22.1 and resetting settings solved the problem Smile
@pantherts 

Can you try disabling the automatic processing in Artwork Beef, then delete the downloaded poster file for a movie then refresh that movie in Kodi, and see if you get the same result?

I can reproduce this without Artwork Beef, by using the Universal Movie Scraper and disabling posters in its settings. If a scraper doesn't provide a poster then Kodi 17 will fall back to the first image the scraper provides, which happens to be the collection poster returned as "set". And then Artwork Beef doesn't replace artwork, so it downloads the image from the URL that is already assigned. The simplest solution for Kodi 17 Krypton is to enable posters in the scraper. Artwork handling has seen some improvements in Kodi 18 Leia, which doesn't fall back this way.
Artwork updated to 0.23.0

The main new feature is an action to save Artwork Beef's art type configuration to Kodi 18 Leia's new art type whitelist in advancedsettings.xml. It'll save a backup of the original if you had one. Python's built in XML handling has a habit of making immaterial changes when modifying files, and it will be reformatted during save, but do double check the result if you had significant configuration in it.

Automatically adding "keyart" from TMDB is now optional and disabled by default; new artwork at TMDB defaults to "No language" and requires us quite fallible humans to change it after it's been submitted, so there's always going to be new images with text mistagged as "No language". There is another added action that updates local artwork only for all media items in the library. File handling for non-Unicode file paths has been improved; it still can't load local artwork from paths like this nor download new artwork to them, but at least it doesn't crash. These days this is the only sensible way to store file names, so anyone encountering a "charset unsupported" error with this version should look into why they aren't encoded to some form of Unicode - ArchWiki is often a good resource for Linux in general (you'll want UTF-8 specifically).
I'm on 0.23 and the latest Leia nightly and I'm getting an error that may to have to do with MySQL strict mode:

Code:
05:44:06.383 T:10732 WARNING: [script.artwork.beef] 32039
05:44:56.245 T:10732 ERROR: Unable to set utf8 charset: MyVideos112 [2019](Can't initialize character set utf8 (path: compiled_in))
05:44:56.245 T:10732 ERROR: SQL: Can't disable sql_mode ONLY_FULL_GROUP_BY: 'MyVideos112' (-1)
05:44:56.245 T:10732 ERROR: Unable to open database: MyVideos112 (0)

DB is mariadb 10.3.10.
@HeresJohnny That message from Artwork Beef is supposed to say that "Allow remote control via HTTP" must be enabled in Kodi to pre-cache artwork, I derped and printed out the message ID instead of looking the message up properly.

The DB messages are something else entirely. Are you able to browse your video library at all? These messages are from Kodi and it uses the same connection process for all DB connections, so if you can browse otherwise then my best guess is that this is a temporary error. If it keeps happening, restarting Kodi and the server may help. If it still keeps happening then a debug log with component-specific logging for the Database should help troubleshoot further.
Hi @rmrector 

Thanks for your work, I find your approach to deal with extended artwork quite sensible (avoiding extrafanart folders for instance) in fact I had to adapt my music/video collections, which wasn't mean feat, but now all is working as expected.

However, some time ago I had an issue and I would like to know if I did something wrong or it's the expected behavior. Most of my movies have local artwork, but some didn't have when I imported them to the library, then I run AB and all the artwork appeared, just fine at the moment. However after some days I noticed that those movies weren't showing the artwork, the ones with local artwork had no problem, though. I looked into the issue and I finally found that fanart.tv was having some connection problems... Is it the way it's supposed to work? I mean, if not local artwork present when adding the movie to the library and it has to be added from online sources, must be that source available at all times through internet? I thought that it would be added somehow to a local cache of images to avoid hitting the website once and again... 

Thanks!
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, please click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :)
Is there any issues with the webservice currently?
Have tried doing a couple of manual downloads from my video info dialog and keep getting a pop-up saying no websevice available.
(2018-11-20, 04:16)rmrector Wrote: Sorry for quote

Hi rmrector, sorry, my Android can't figure out the @system here so I quoted you. Smile

I was just going to ask for a follow up, as I just encountered an issue with regards to my previous issue, again.

I added 6 out of 7 episodes of a show and the thumbs were generated from the files themselves, I then realized I was missing episode 2 so now 5 of the 7 episodes have the wrong thumb. Did you ever look into the possibility of removing artwork for just one episode instead of all of them? I know you're busy but I'm checking up as you said it was a good idea, and I could really use a way to just remove one thumb at a time for these situations. Smile

Thanks for your hard work, once again.
@manfeed Kodi will download and cache each image as it is shown on screen, and as long as the texture cache isn't wiped it won't download the image again, so you may have seen some images at first but then later were looking at a different set of images. A quick test here shows it working as expected.

@Dumyat Is the message actually "No web service IDs available, can't look up online"? See this section of the documentation. Otherwise post a log.

@curael There is an option to remove all artwork from one media item, if you go to the add-on settings and select "Enable Artwork Beef debug context items (per skin)" under the Advanced tab. This will add a context item "AB: Remove all artwork" to individual media items. However, at the moment it doesn't remove generated thumbnails from Kodi's texture cache, so Kodi will still use the old thumbnail. I'll have that fixed in the next minor update.
(2018-11-22, 20:51)rmrector Wrote: @Dumyat Is the message actually "No web service IDs available, can't look up online"? See this section of the documentation. Otherwise post a log.
Yup, that was it. For some reason no ID in place for that particular show. Hopefully just a rogue entry. But all fixed now.
Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated.
Cheers
(2018-11-22, 20:51)rmrector Wrote: There is an option to remove all artwork from one media item

Ooohh, that's swell! Thank you so much for the headsup on the debug, I wasn't aware at all. And I'll wait patiently on the generated thumbs removal.

See ya!
@rmrector thanks very much for making this add-on happen.  It's been working very well for me.  FYI, I featured your add-on in one part of a Kodi video series I am working on:  

**12/6: UPDATED LINK**
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wV70426LvdA

Hopefully I did you justice...  If you feel anything is misrepresented just let me know.  I am not running betas for the series, so I didn't get to use it on music yet, but looking forward to that when Leia is officially released.  Might do an addendum video to your add-on at that time.  I am also helping out over at MusicBrainz with the Picard Wikidata Genre Plugin atm.   Good stuff is afoot!
Artwork Beef updated to 0.23.1

A quick fix release, this version will remove the Kodi-generated thumbnails from Kodi's texture cache when removing artwork so that Kodi will regenerate it, possibly with a new thumbnail if the video file is changed. It also shows the correct "remote control" required to preload local artwork message in the log file instead of the message ID.

@GrokMan not bad. One correction, though: Artwork Beef can download artwork next to media files; configuration is at the bottom of the individual "TV shows"/"Movies"/"Music videos" sections of the add-on settings.
@rmrector  OK I will fix that in the next iteration, which I have to do anyway because YT thinks the video is a hacking video for some reason.  Not sure where I got that from, but I think it was an earlier post from you in this thread.  Maybe in your earlier versions it didn't actually download & then you added that feature later?  

Anyway I also wondered if you could clarify a couple things:
1.  What is the difference between the built-in "choose art" and the AB "choose art" dialogues?  Do they do the same thing?  Will these be merged back to a single "choose art" dialogue when AB goes into the official repo?
2.  If I want AB to download files to local folders next to the media (and hopefully reduce future download needs), will it ever overwrite files?  Is there a setting to make it prevent overwriting?

Cheers
  • 47(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork5