• 51(current)
v17 Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork
hm, i have all these settings set, my folder structure is
Music/Artist/Album including art in the Artist folder
and i nominated that music folder as the Artist Information Folder.
i also do hit "query info for all artists/albums" once in a while.
Nevertheless, thx for all the info on that topic
KODI Player: Nvidia Shield TV Pro [2019] w/ Wolf Launcher + Synology DS418 | Receiver: Marantz SR6013 | TV: LG 55SJ800V | Toaster: Severin AT 2515

How to:
Create custom video nodes like Documentaries, Concerts, Kids etc
Hey @rmrector Most likely a stupid question, had a bit of a catastrophe over the weekend requiring my Kodi DB to be wiped. All is back up and running. I have probably 80% managed artwork in movies so have set to prefer local, Can i do a manual run to check for missing artwork, i have tried per movie AB process but it returns 0...Never mind was a true Blonde moment
Strange issue running AWB 0.23.2~ADEV, Leia RC5 on Windows 10. Error commplaining about project API, which I never installed. I removed the addon and reinstalled and still receive the same error. Not able to pull logs currently, just curious if this just a simple configuration issue I overlooked.

Error w/ provider invalid project API Key installed incorrectly and the built-in key is missing

Thanks
@Govnah If you aren't installing from my Kodi repo, then install from this zip file. Don't install from source.
Hiya @datorkop85

Try the advanced settings in artwork beef and see if it is unticked.... the option to save movie fanart with the movie base file name. Also, I would disable the top option in both movies and TV settings tab -
"Do not automatically add artwork from web services, only identify local files”

I think that helped me sort out a similar problem as Plex is usually the handler for artwork direct from the server. It seems to struggle with write access back to the pms, especially on remote or shared servers.
Hi, i discovered this addon last week and have been playing with it since, beautiful thing!
One question though, i must be missing someting: is it possible to massidentify  the movie sets not found with TheMovieDB, and then to mass import related artwork? I have over 300 movie sets, but when i run the command to identify them, i can only do that one at a time. Then I have to go to every single identified movie set, and changed manually movieset and fanart poster. There must be a better way to proceed that I am not seeing, or?
Thanks!
Run Artwork Beef "add missing artwork for ..." "new videos" if you haven't already.

Artwork Beef will try to identify a movie set when it first scans the set, but if the name in Kodi doesn't match the English name on TMDB you'll have to manually match them.
Quick question, i have nas server, running mysql, how can i share the artwork in all the devices ... I created a folder in the nas , but im not sure how can i share it for all 
Thanks.
How do I get my skin to show the extra fanart? The add-on doesn't download anything I noticed, so how do I get it to download the extra art and let it show them?
Many thanks for this addon. It really helped to complete artwork if none had been added or had been deleted by accident.
What I do not understand: how do I get AB to download additional Fanart/Posters etc. to my local directories. It will only ever (I think ?) download the base pictures, except when I manually select additional Artwork per movie/series. 
I have  deselected "Do not automatically add artwork from web services, only identify local files" for both movies and tvseries and I have configured "Download artwork to local files" for all filetypes for movies and Series and I chose the maximum number of artwork for movies and series. Still after "scan for new local files for video library" or after chosing download all from context menu for movie/series no new files are added ..
(2019-02-05, 21:25)mark_dj Wrote: How do I get my skin to show the extra fanart? The add-on doesn't download anything I noticed, so how do I get it to download the extra art and let it show them?

1) Nobody can answer your question cause you not mentioned wich skin are using.
2) With "extra fanart" you probably mean the extrafanart folder in your movie folder with .jpg's in it wich most skins are working.
https://kodi.wiki/view/Movie_artwork#.22....22_folder
That's not an artwork type called via List.Item, ArtworkBeef don't handle this. Media Managers for example can do.
(2019-02-05, 15:29)javcarbe Wrote: Quick question, i have nas server, running mysql, how can i share the artwork in all the devices ... I created a folder in the nas , but im not sure how can i share it for all 
Thanks.
  If you configure Artwork Beef to download artwork it will save them next to the media files for all but music artists - music artist artwork will be saved to Kodi's artwork information folder.

(2019-02-05, 21:25)mark_dj Wrote: How do I get my skin to show the extra fanart? The add-on doesn't download anything I noticed, so how do I get it to download the extra art and let it show them?
  Artwork Beef can be configured to download artwork. The skin you are using must be designed to display artwork.

(2019-02-06, 13:35)hermann_x5 Wrote: Many thanks for this addon. It really helped to complete artwork if none had been added or had been deleted by accident.
What I do not understand: how do I get AB to download additional Fanart/Posters etc. to my local directories. It will only ever (I think ?) download the base pictures, except when I manually select additional Artwork per movie/series. 
I have  deselected "Do not automatically add artwork from web services, only identify local files" for both movies and tvseries and I have configured "Download artwork to local files" for all filetypes for movies and Series and I chose the maximum number of artwork for movies and series. Still after "scan for new local files for video library" or after chosing download all from context menu for movie/series no new files are added ..
  "Scan for new local files" only scans for local files you already have. If you want to add new artwork for items in your library, run it from Program Add-ons. From the context menu, "AB: Add missing artwork" should also download artwork for that single item if any are missing - if it is not, then a debug log or artwork-report (detailed in the first post) may indicate what is going wrong, and posting a screenshot of the "Movies" tab of Artwork Beef config could tell me if it's configured right (AB configuration is awkward so that is easy to do).
Hi , how are you ?
First of all congratulate you on the program, it's fantastic.
Let's see if you can help me with a problem I'm having.
I do not know how but the program has stopped working properly. I have reinstalled it even and still the same problem.  When I scan to find fanart, it puts the background of fanart itself to many movies (which are in the same folder). That happens with many but not all.
If I put the fanart manually, the problem ends and it keeps the background fanart that I choose but does not detect logos or cdcart and other material.
Thanks in advance
(2019-02-13, 13:26)shobet Wrote: Hi , how are you ?
First of all congratulate you on the program, it's fantastic.
Let's see if you can help me with a problem I'm having.
I do not know how but the program has stopped working properly. I have reinstalled it even and still the same problem.  When I scan to find fanart, it puts the background of fanart itself to many movies (which are in the same folder). That happens with many but not all.
If I put the fanart manually, the problem ends and it keeps the background fanart that I choose but does not detect logos or cdcart and other material.
Thanks in advance
PD: I´m usin AeonMQ7 Mod for Leia
@rmrector 

I am not a beginner at ArtworkBeef, I have been dealing with it for a while. I'm already experimenting with multiimages via fadelabel control in skin .xml's, very promising.
But now a question about self-created artwork types. I designed my own artwork type for poster, called Postercase

naming:
Moviebasefilename-postercase.jpg
calling
ListItem.Art(postercase)

It works as it should, great!

Now I wanted to make more of my locally stored files usable for skins.
I use the local trailer feature, every movie has a local trailer.

naming of trailer file:
Moviebasefilename-trailer[.ext]
naming of trailer thumb
Moviebasefilename-trailer-thumb.jpg

Now i tried to use ListItem.Art(trailer-thumb)
But if I try this, nothing works

Then I renamed all files with the bulk rename utility to:
Moviebasefilename-trailerthumb.jpg
Not all is working.

Question: 

I read your tutorials and wiki's more often, but found nothing about whether there are restrictions on naming.

Can a "-" not be used in naming? Other letters also not usable?
Must the word used as a prefix always be written together?

I have integrated soundtracks (ost's, scores) into my movie folders, and also into my skin
Now i use a folder "soundtrack" in the movie folder in there is a folder.jpg and sometimes a discart1.jpg and discart2.jpg
$INFO[ListItem.Path,,soundtrack/folder.png]
$INFO[ListItem.Path,,soundtrack/discart1.png]
$INFO[ListItem.Path,,soundtrack/discart2.png]

I am well aware that I have to enter these files directly into the film folder without the soundtrack subfolder in future.
But the naming is still not clear to me. For example, I would like to use something like this:

Moviebasefilename-soundtrack-cover.jpg
Moviebasefilename-soundtrack-discart1.jpg
Moviebasefilename-soundtrack-discart2.jpg

But I suspect the hyphen "-" will not be accepted at the next attempt.
Is that why I really have to call it that without compromise that way?:

Moviebasefilename-soundtrackcover.jpg
Moviebasefilename-soundtrackdiscart1.jpg
Moviebasefilename-soundtrackdiscart2.jpg
____

I'm very much experimenting in skinning with different artwork types and now i try a lot with multiimages.
Until now I use the function ListItem.Path with folder with different artwork types in it (extraposter, extrakeyart, extracharacterart)

<control type="multiimage">           
                <imagepath background="true">$INFO[ListItem.Path,,folderpath/]</imagepath>

I am well aware that in kodi when I scroll through the movies, each time a ListItem.Path (multiimage) is set, the folders are accessed and accessed again. I am currently using my system only locally and notice that it is already losing performance. If I would switch to NAS/SERVER this would be inconceivable. My current project is therefore currently to kick out all ListItem.Path and make all files accessable via ArtworkBeef. The goal should be that the hard drive is accessed only when a movie is played.

The following picture looks pretty messy, but am I on the right track? and/or is this the only way to get to my goal?

Here is a example what it should look like in the skin:
(And yes I know, it looks very playful and exaggerated)

• 51(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork5