• 52(current)
v17 Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork
(2019-02-13, 13:26)shobet Wrote: Hi , how are you ?
First of all congratulate you on the program, it's fantastic.
Let's see if you can help me with a problem I'm having.
I do not know how but the program has stopped working properly. I have reinstalled it even and still the same problem.  When I scan to find fanart, it puts the background of fanart itself to many movies (which are in the same folder). That happens with many but not all.
If I put the fanart manually, the problem ends and it keeps the background fanart that I choose but does not detect logos or cdcart and other material.
Thanks in advance
 Post a debug log, artwork-report.txt, and the Artwork Beef settings as detailed in the first post. While recording the debug log scan a movie that is currently missing artwork in Kodi's library.
(2019-02-17, 02:13)chrissix Wrote: Question: 

I read your tutorials and wiki's more often, but found nothing about whether there are restrictions on naming.

Can a "-" not be used in naming? Other letters also not usable?
Must the word used as a prefix always be written together?
The artwork name must be alphanumeric. This rule is noted in the wiki.

(2019-02-17, 02:13)chrissix Wrote: I have integrated soundtracks (ost's, scores) into my movie folders, and also into my skin
Now i use a folder "soundtrack" in the movie folder in there is a folder.jpg and sometimes a discart1.jpg and discart2.jpg
$INFO[ListItem.Path,,soundtrack/folder.png]
$INFO[ListItem.Path,,soundtrack/discart1.png]
$INFO[ListItem.Path,,soundtrack/discart2.png]
I wouldn't use the library artwork for this, I'd suggest this be implemented in an add-on that keeps a separate database of soundtrack info/art.

(2019-02-17, 02:13)chrissix Wrote: The following picture looks pretty messy, but am I on the right track? and/or is this the only way to get to my goal?
Yup, that's the way to do it. In the future I would like an option to move all artwork and info for every media type into a separate directory structure, like the new "Artist information folder" for music artists.
Hi all,

I haven't posted a debug yet, but I was thinking that it wouldn't be necessary for this question.

It seems that Artwork Beef cannot find any cleart, clearlogo, discart for music that was added to my library before around a month ago give or take. For any music that I add now it is able to find i, does somebody ever encountered something similar?
I've been unable to get Artwork beef to work for a while.

The main thing I use it for is downloading episode fan art.

No matter what I do, I keep getting "invalid API" errors, and cannot get anything to download. I signed up for fanart.tv to get an API key, and entered both the personal and project API, but still no luck. I also got the thetvdb.com project api with the same results.

Currently running Leah, but had the same on the previous version as well. Running latest artwork beef from github.
Please ignore my previous message. looked into it further and the real issue was a write issue. i've restored it now
(2019-02-18, 03:28)harmonicD Wrote: I've been unable to get Artwork beef to work for a while.

The main thing I use it for is downloading episode fan art.

No matter what I do, I keep getting "invalid API" errors, and cannot get anything to download. I signed up for fanart.tv to get an API key, and entered both the personal and project API, but still no luck. I also got the thetvdb.com project api with the same results.

Currently running Leah, but had the same on the previous version as well. Running latest artwork beef from github.
 Install from the first post (not from source) and clear all "project API key" settings.
@rmrector 

I have now tried to adapt the movies extrathumbs folder for artworkbeef.
The naming [media base file name]-[thumb].[jpg] will not be accepted.
Is it reserved for episodes only?

I use 4 thumbs in extrathumbs folder, they are named folliwing (It's the kodi naming convention) and want to copy it to parent folder nearby the other artwork types and rename it the following:
thumb0.jpg -> [media base file name]-[thumb].[jpg] -> not accepted
thumb1.jpg -> [media base file name]-[thumb1].[jpg] -> accepted
thumb2.jpg -> [media base file name]-[thumb2].[jpg] -> accepted
thumb3.jpg -> [media base file name]-[thumb3].[jpg] -> accepted

I read somewhere once, i should not use 0 in numbering, but thumb0.jpg will be accepted and thumb.jpg not.

Should i name instead:

thumb0.jpg -> [media base file name]-[thumb0].[jpg] -> accepted
thumb1.jpg -> [media base file name]-[thumb1].[jpg] -> accepted
thumb2.jpg -> [media base file name]-[thumb2].[jpg] -> accepted
thumb3.jpg -> [media base file name]-[thumb3].[jpg] -> accepted

Any advice?
I'm really confused and I think I'm slowly losing my mind, but by God I do not think this attitude, according to wiki

"Save additional movie and TV show fanart to extrafanart directory instead?"

What is going on there?

Solved - i am an idiot.

Did not register that the button above (which has to do with music videos only in my understanding) must be activated to see my desired button.
Maybe its only my bad english linguistic proficiency caused. 
To be on the safe side, once in AB, I turned each setting on and off to see if there are any more hidden buttons that might pop up: D

(2019-02-19, 00:25)chrissix Wrote: I'm really confused and I think I'm slowly losing my mind, but by God I do not think this attitude, according to wiki

"Save additional movie and TV show fanart to extrafanart directory instead?"

What is going on there?

This was the option I mentioned in the Leia mod thread. It is still possible in Leia to save the extrafanart images in an extrafanart folder, but you have to enable this option.
Windows 11 Pro
Kodi 21 RC2 - Aeon MQ7/MQ9 Omega Mod
Kodi 20.5 - Aeon MQ9 Nexus Mod

Android - Beelink GT King
Kodi Maven Fork 21 RC2 - Aeon MQ9 Omega Mod

CoreELEC - Beelink GT King

Hi,

After running the option to update artwork for all music files, I am seeing these types of errors in the log:

2019-02-19 22:49:19.321 T:8336   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting C:\Users\leejk\Documents\music artist information\Van Halen\1984\
2019-02-19 22:49:25.857 T:8336   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting C:\Users\leejk\Documents\music artist information\Tim Cappello\

I have KODI v18 setup to use the artist information folder. The artist folders do exist in that location, but not the album folders, which I didn't think were supposed to be in that location. Any thoughts on what is causing this?
@leejk

Please provide the full log. Two lines don't give the full picture.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
@"chrissix" Two bugs! Thanks for the reports. Sorry I made you doubt your sanity Big Grin.

1. There shouldn't be anything special about the "thumb" image. I can reproduce this behavior and I'll probably have a fix for the next version.
2. The options for "extrafanart" directories should always be available. The workaround MB1968 mentioned will work in the meantime.

@leejk Harmless. Kodi logs an error when AB lists a folder that doesn't exist. I guess I can change it to check if a folder exists before listing it, even if that isn't very Pythonic.
@rmrector 
Quote:Sorry I made you doubt your sanity
No problem and always happy.
I came to my destination and we also discovered a bug, what more could we ask for  Laugh
Quote:2. The options for "extrafanart" directories should always be available. The workaround MB1968 mentioned will work in the meantime.
For a brief summary:

I am now speaking purely of the "process items to libarry" function and in not of any download from webservices.

What do I want to achieve?
I want the extrafanarts of the extrafanarts folder process/read into the libarry
Why?
Cause to use multiimage in kodi with via fadelabel control instead of ListItem.Path
(Yes I read your wiki, but I have to do it more often because it is not my native language)

And yes i know it's intented to use it that the files should be without subfolder nearby the main fanart (fanart1, fanart2,...) but i have to wait until the Media Managers add that feature
(and I am finally able to write a script to transfer all extrafanarts from extrafanarts folder to parent folder with adding moviebasefilename- prefix)

I brought it together, but I want you to confirm it again from your side. I tried for hours, it was really trial and error. In order to achieve this, I had to press the following buttons, no more and no less:

SAVE MUSIC VIDEO ARTWORK WITH MUSIC VIDEO BASE FILE NAME
- as we allready discussed, a little bug, only when push this button the following important button becomes visible:
SAVE ADDIDIONAL MOVIE AND TV SHOW FANART TO EXTRAFANART DIRECTORY INSTEAD
- okay, since I finally got the button to visible, it was completely logical that was the right, I have to activate.
IDENTIFY ALTERNATE ARTWORK DOWNLOADER AND MSAA ARTWORK FILE NAMES
- I came very late that this button is also to activate. In my understanding, this only applies to the old naming conventions (disc.png, logo.png, character.png) But that also affects the extrafanart folder, i have to figure it out first.

Did I summarize this correctly?

Offtopic question: Everything works for me now. I have named my extrafanarts according to kodi convention fanart0-9.jpg.
Would this also work if the files in extrafanart folder have different random names? (8rqJB3Nc2z5q0T6ZVXRXbAsQRGV.jpg)
Does it pick ub by if files are there + how are named (fanart0-9.jpg), or
only pick ub by files are there (random named)
I have no Intenion to change anything, its perfect for me, I'm just curious how this works to help other members with their setup in the future.

_______

Everything works for me now. However, I noticed something serious in the process items to libarry behavior:

When i set the counter of fanarts to 10:

and then click on add missing artwork for all videos (new, old, and all in between)
it's picking up all -> main fanart+fanart0-9 = in kodi main fanart+fanart1-10

all ok (but the counter is 10, but it's pickung up all fanart+fanart0-9=11?)

But when i make the same via context menu ADD MISSING ARTWORK:
it's picking main fanart+fanart0-8.jpg = in kodi main fanart+fanart1-9 (fanart10 is further displayed as a point but remains empty)

____

But when i increase the counter from 10 to 11:
Then in both variants:
add missing artwork for all videos (new, old, and all in between) and also via context menu ADD MISSING ARTWORK, all fanarts are there
(& although the counter has been raised no additional slot will be shown -> logical for me (counter is now 11) cause main fanart+fanart0-9 = in kodi fanart+fanart1-10
but not logical on first example when counter is 10, but on add missing artwork for all videos (new, old, and all in between) its pickung fanart+fanart0-9=11 but on context menu ADD MISSING ARTWORK pickung fanart+fanart0-8=10 (but the next slot fanart10 is shown)

Conclusion:
I hope you could follow me.
I have now set the counter to 11 (i think thats the how you intend it should work on my setup [fanart+fanart0-9=11], but the first scenario is serious) There is also no additional empty slot added. So it suits me so far.

I have tested this several times. Can you reproduce that?
(2019-02-20, 07:47)rmrector Wrote: 1. There shouldn't be anything special about the "thumb" image. I can reproduce this behavior and I'll probably have a fix for the next version.

But maybe... ?
Due to my problem described above, I threw out all the artworks, really all of kodi, and did a complete refresh of artwork beef. Also deleted cache.
Complete ground up. Not bad for me, I saved everything locally

Went to the setting "Remove Artwork for media type" -> movies, was complete empty.

For fun, I scrolled around in kodi because I was curious how everything looks without any artwork. The posters on films were also empty.
But suddenly, thumbnails for the movies showed up (whether it's a Kodi fallback or skin fallback I do not know)
They are completely the same thumbnails as file thumbnails in File Explorer in the OS. (Windows Explorer)
In ArtworkBeef all was disabled, really all was set to off or 0!
I pushed the button  add missing artwork for all videos (new, old, and all in between)  
Actually, I expected that nothing should happen, but suddenly I saw that 200 files added.
Then i go to Remove artwork for media type -> movies there i saw "*"thumbs 200 (about 10% of my movie libarry)

I deleted it and have not returned since. But in some way, movie thumbs (from the file directly) also seem to be recognized, maybe it's reserved for that.

Do you know more about it?
(2019-02-20, 22:04)chrissix Wrote: - I came very late that this button is also to activate. In my understanding, this only applies to the old naming conventions (disc.png, logo.png, character.png) But that also affects the extrafanart folder, i have to figure it out first.

Not quite a bug because I'm sure I did that on purpose, but that is an unnecessary complication that I can change.

(2019-02-20, 22:04)chrissix Wrote: Would this also work if the files in extrafanart folder have different random names? (8rqJB3Nc2z5q0T6ZVXRXbAsQRGV.jpg)
Does it pick ub by if files are there + how are named (fanart0-9.jpg), or
only pick ub by files are there (random named)

Yes, Artwork Beef will add randomly named files in the extrafanart directory. It will add those to the list after any fanart or fanart# next to the media file.

(2019-02-20, 22:04)chrissix Wrote: When i set the counter of fanarts to 10:
all ok (but the counter is 10, but it's pickung up all fanart+fanart0-9=11?)

But when i make the same via context menu ADD MISSING ARTWORK:
it's picking main fanart+fanart0-8.jpg = in kodi main fanart+fanart1-9

I'll have to investigate this difference further.

The slots shown in Kodi's "Choose art" dialog are not connected to Artwork Beef configuration. That only lists artwork types in the library.

(2019-02-20, 22:32)chrissix Wrote: But suddenly, thumbnails for the movies showed up (whether it's a Kodi fallback or skin fallback I do not know)
They are completely the same thumbnails as file thumbnails in File Explorer in the OS. (Windows Explorer)

Kodi generates thumbs for a movie when viewed in the library if the skin asks for a thumb and there is no poster.
  • 52(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork5