• 54(current)
v17 Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork
@SteveSmith

I am not aware of any skin that uses characterart. I am definitely not aware of a requirement for a dedicated \characterart\ folder.

Which skin are you using?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
@Karellen 

I am using Aeon MQ 7 Leia Mod at the moment... All I know is the files are in the directory, and dont show up, but as soon as I put them into the folder they work, As its the only skin I use I assumed that this was a Kodi requirement, maybe its just for that skin.
@SteveSmith

Character art should work in the root folder of the TV show as that is where they should be. I've used them for years.
I'm using aeon madnox on the latest leia build and they work fine in that but they also work in other skins I've tried.
It must be a skin thing if it requires a character art specific folder.
@crookers13 
Ok thanks for the info.. Its just Aeon MQ7 then.. I might see if I can edit where it pulls them from then.
Ok thanks @SteveSmith and @crookers13

I must have fallen behind, as I did not realise characterart was implemented in skins
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
@SteveSmith  @Karellen 

"characterart" folder is not officially supported in kodi or ArtworkBeef or anywhere else, or any kind of convention.

It was integrated to my idea as a kind of experimental Easteregg for movies to display multiple characterart in a sideshow. Latts made it available to TvShows as well.

It works my knowledge only in AeonMQ7 Krypton and Leia Mod in the RightListView.

You have to copy the. Png files yourself into the characterart folder!
For TvShows take the characterarts of fanart.tv
If you also want to experiment with movies you will find here a characterart starter pack for movies collected myself:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CCPTet-...sp=sharing

Look Showcase:

Multiimage examples:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrnctL2Zee8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-FkiqFpjL4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cjlde-mwN0
Most sexy: 

Animated:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hH9Er3gJTsw

_____

In the meantime, I have changed the code for myself so that the characterarts alternatively works with ArtworkBeef system directly via the TvShow root folder, not the characterart subfolder.
It is limited in AB to 10 characterarts, if you want to expand you can do it yourself in AB in "ADDITIONAL ART TYPES FOR TV SHOWS (COMMA SEPERATED)

If you want the same system for movies you have to name your characterarts the same like TvShow if you have your Movies in folders and using not a Moviename suffix, if you are using Moviename suffix, then Moviename-characterart.png, the same way you also name you other arttypes (clearlogo, clearart...) but that you have to do all manually!

I will suggest to @latts9923 to make the feature available through the ArtworkBeef system. If you want to implement it yourself you have to change the following code:
ViewsRightList.xml:

Change
Quote:<imagepath background="true">$INFO[ListItem.Path,,characterart/]</imagepath>
to
Quote:<imagepath background="true">plugin://script.artwork.helper/multiimage/listitem/?refresh=$INFO[ListItem.DBID]&amp;&amp;arttype=characterart</imagepath>
_____

Ignore my folder extracharacterart and not characterart (I just adjusted the naming to extrafanart and extrathumbs):

TvShows without ArtworkBeef
-> $INFO[ListItem.Path,,extracharacterart/]
TvShows with ArtworkBeef (up to 10 can be set to download in AB - more manually download and set in Additional Artwork Types)
-> plugin://script.artwork.helper/multiimage/listitem/?refresh=$INFO[ListItem.DBID]&amp;&amp;arttype=characterart
Movies without ArtworkBeef
-> $INFO[ListItem.Path,,extracharacterart/]
Movies with ArtworkBeef (all download manually and set manually in AB in Additional Artwork Types)
-> plugin://script.artwork.helper/multiimage/listitem/?refresh=$INFO[ListItem.DBID]&amp;&amp;arttype=characterart
@"chrissix" 
Ok thanks for the explanation.. I will change the way you described
Alright, I've spent too many hours on this today with no success. Fingers crossed you know the solution. All my artwork is on a desktop machine with the media files as I have lots of family that uses Plex and so do I when I travel for work.
I then use the plexkodiconnect addon in Kodi on my Nvidia Shields. I use a thumbnail view in an Aeon mod skin and have set 4 thumbnails in my movies folders. None of them display. I don’t want to use Artwork Beef to get extra art from the web because I’ve already done that. But AB can’t find the artwork locally since it’s not local. Is there a solution to allow AB to get the art I already have? Thank you!
I don't know if this is a skin or a Artwork Beef question, I think it's AB so I'll ask here.  For songs that have a guest artist is there a way to get it to cycle thru fanart from both artists? I checked 4 songs, and in the library view they all come up under both artists. But, I only get fanart for the main artist. This isn't a big deal to me, but I'm curious if I'm doing something wrong, I looked thru the settings in AB and the skin I use (Nox Silvo)  and don't see anything. I do have multifanart enabled and fanart downloaded for the artists in question. I'm running 18.1 if that matters.
(2019-03-14, 12:56)quebert Wrote: I don't know if this is a skin or a Artwork Beef question, I think it's AB so I'll ask here.  For songs that have a guest artist is there a way to get it to cycle thru fanart from both artists? I checked 4 songs, and in the library view they all come up under both artists. But, I only get fanart for the main artist. This isn't a big deal to me, but I'm curious if I'm doing something wrong, I looked thru the settings in AB and the skin I use (Nox Silvo)  and don't see anything. I do have multifanart enabled and fanart downloaded for the artists in question. I'm running 18.1 if that matters.

Don't think AB has anything to do with this.  Kodi has new labels available to strings namely
Code:
listitem.Art(Artist[n].thumb)
where the second artist on a song would be Artist1, etc and I think it works for any arttype.  It's up to the skinner to decide when/if to display these additional artists.  I can't think of a way off the top of my head how a single multiimage control could combine fanart from say both artist and artist1.  Maybe using the fadelabel instead there's some way to inter-leave fanart from different artists.  (I haven't tried using the fadelabel method at all so don't know all the ins-and-outs of displaying art this way).

scott s.
I use Artwork Beef only to grab local clearlogos after adding Movies/TV Shows. After the update to 23.2, the clearlogos have stopped being added. I don't have a Kodi log because I re-ran the program enough to delete the oldest log. After downgrading to 23.1, everything was back to normal. All I have is an Artwork Beef log from 23.2:

= Versions: ArtworkBeef/0.23.2 Kodi/18.0 (Windows NT 10.0.17763; Win64; x64) App_Bitness/64 Version/18.0-Git:20190128-d81c34c465

== 2019-03-16 21:19:00: Processing list automatically
2 items in list - movie: 2
Processing movie 'Dark Habits'
Missing artwork: clearlogo
No artwork updated
Processing movie 'Wave of Crimes'
Missing artwork: clearlogo
No artwork updated
2019-03-16 21:19:00: Processing finished
No artwork updated

The clearlogos were in the movie folders where they normally are at the time.

Any thoughts? 23.1 is fine for now for me. Thanks!
oddly enough its tv shows for me, everything displays fine in library views for clearlogo but the latest version of beef has stopped showing clearlogo in my skins player for shows...movies still display...how do I revert to the previous installation to see if it is the update that caused it?
Thanks, I forgot to mention that it was only Movies for me, TV Shows still worked fine. Weird.

I had a backup of the Artwork Beef folders from C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\addons\script.artwork.beef AND from C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data and just restored both of them. Another way would be to reinstall from the zip file in the C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\addons\Packages\script.artwork.beef-0.23.1.zip folder, BUT, I didn't have the original zip file (a dumb move on my part a few months ago), so I don't know if you have to uninstall 23.2 first. I wouldn't think so but you might lose your settings for Artwork Beef if you do. I would keep a backup of the two folders I mentioned first before you reinstall just to be safe.
@SMB-IL you don't happen to be using plex kodi connect do you...ive pinned my problem down to any update pass 2.7.5. I forgot I had mad an image back up too....and the only thing I updated was plex, so it might not be a beef issue.
No, no Plex. I'm pretty sure it's Artwork Beef, although I can't imagine why you don't get TV Shows and I don't get Movies clearlogos. THAT'S the really weird part! I also set "Auto-Update" to OFF for now on Artwork Beef.
  • 54(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork5