• 55(current)
v17 Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork
@rmrector , I apologize if this is a noob question, but I looked at the documentation and read through most of this thread and could not find the anwer.  I also apologize if it has been asked before and you have already provided an answer.

Can you call artwork beef to download a specific art type for a movie or tv show? For example, if I just wanted to download the clearlogo for a tv show, is there a way I can do that with artwork beef? Thanks for your attention to this question.

Regards,

Bart
https://rmrector.github.io/script.artwork.beef/usage/

In a manner of speaking, it's possible. Manage the video item to download all available art for it as a first step. In the next step, use "Select artwork" to change a specific artwork type, e.g. clearlogo, to your liking. If no clearlogo artwork type is present, then none was found at a web service to begin with.
(2019-03-18, 00:49)bsoriano Wrote: Can you call artwork beef to download a specific art type for a movie or tv show? For example, if I just wanted to download the clearlogo for a tv show, is there a way I can do that with artwork beef? Thanks for your attention to this question.

You can also in AB settings select everything to "off" and "0", left only an "on" or a "counter" to the artwork type you want to download.

If you do not want to change the AB settings cumbersome every time on different AB scenario needs, make depending on the AB scenario a backup of your AB settings.xml. You can create AB profiles manually that way.
Thanks @HeresJohnny and @chrissix .  I actually am looking to see if it's possible, from a skin, to call AB to download just one artwork type for tv shows.  My use case is trying to see if I can replace Artwork Downloader (which had that function) in the tv.show.next.aired addon settings, to be able to download clearlogos for all tv shows, etc.  I know I can call AB to download all art for tv shows, or for a specific tv show, but have not found if it's possible to just download one art type.

@rmrector , if this is not possible today, would you consider adding it in the future? Thanks for considering my request.

Regards,

Bart
I can confirm the reports that @Starmanrf and @SMB-IL have made. Version 0.23.2, ignores local clearlogos on movies, downloads from web service, even to the point of overwriting the local file that's already there. I pretty much only use Artwork Beef to set local clearlogos to the database, all other artwork types are off.

My last run, I added 5 movies, all with local clearlogos. Artwork Beef only found 3, and overwrote the local files (which were the three movies that fanart.tv had clearlogos for). The other 2 logos were ones I created myself, and stored locally. They weren't found.

I'm reluctant now to add some new TV shows if the same thing is going to happen with those as mentioned by others. Sad

EDIT: Just downgraded the addon to 0.23.1 and readded the movies, all 5 local clearlogos found, nothing overwritten.

~Jondar
@bsoriano: Yes, go to Add-Ons --> My add-ons --> All --> Artwork Beef --> Configure. All of the settings for what to download and from where (local or web) are in that section. For example, I only use it for local clearlogos, so that's all I have turned on, in addition to the top selection, "Do not automatically add artwork from web services, only identify local files." Good luck!
@Jondar: don't forget to turn off "Auto-update" on the AB configuration screen or it will just go back to 23.2.
(2019-03-10, 13:57)Jumpy73 Wrote: 3) if I want to generate nfo files for future use, I export the movie library. When kody asks me for downloading artist, fanarts files and overwrite current files, What do I have to do?
     do these choices interfere in any way with a good final result (a clean movie folder organization and a right number of files with the choosen naming convention) or not?

Don't export artwork from Kodi at all. Artwork Beef's settings have nothing to do with Kodi's export. Configure AB to download artwork, then run Add missing artwork for items, and it should download them next to your media. If not I need more information to help you, look at the bottom of the first post to find out what that is.

(2019-03-13, 07:49)Holzfred Wrote: But now every time i get a fault message, that the api for fanart and theaudiodb.com Project api key isn't installed correct. … what can it be?

See the documentation on “Invalid project API key”. Remove all "project" API settings.

(2019-03-13, 21:32)wkupike2000 Wrote: But AB can’t find the artwork locally since it’s not local. Is there a solution to allow AB to get the art I already have? Thank you!

Nope. It requires local files.

(2019-03-18, 02:18)bsoriano Wrote: call AB to download just one artwork type for tv shows.

@rmrector , if this is not possible today, would you consider adding it in the future? Thanks for considering my request.

Nope. That's a silly function; users decide which art types they want in Artwork Beef's configuration, not whatever random buttons may be scattered around.

@SMB-IL, @Starmanrf, @Jondar

I cannot reproduce. I need more information to help you, see the bottom of the first post for details. Since you've all tied for giving me as little information as possible (and spent some effort complaining and downgrading and anything but reading the first post), let's have a little competition: Which of you can give me the MOST amount of information on your problem! And give the debug context item "AB: Log debug info" a try while debug logging is enabled.
(2019-03-18, 05:47)rmrector Wrote: I cannot reproduce. I need more information to help you, see the bottom of the first post for details. Since you've all tied for giving me as little information as possible (and spent some effort complaining and downgrading and anything but reading the first post), let's have a little competition: Which of you can give me the MOST amount of information on your problem! And give the debug context item "AB: Log debug info" a try while debug logging is enabled.

Firstly: nice sarcasm :)

I'm sorry if I came across as whiny. I was just confirming what others posted with my experience.

Secondly: Here's the details that I hope you want.

The scanning was done on:
ArtworkBeef/0.23.2 Kodi/18.1 (X11; Linux x86_64) Ubuntu/18.04 App_Bitness/64 Version/18.1-Git:20190217-8cfdc89
(This information from the Artwork Report)

The clearlogo issue was first noticed on a scan after a library update. I have Artwork Beef scan for new files after a library scan.

I removed and then rescanned a movie that was one of the five I mentioned before. It has local poster, fanart and clearlogo. It has online poster and fanart, no clearlogo.

Kodi Log: https://paste.kodi.tv/dusubapuli.kodi

Movie Added Line 2126
Debug Check Line 2433

Artwork Report and settings.xml: https://paste.kodi.tv/amafulowil

Screenshot of folder: https://imgur.com/a/TRr9TK7

Hope this helps!

~Jondar
(2019-03-17, 21:45)Starmanrf Wrote: @SMB-IL you don't happen to be using plex kodi connect do you...ive pinned my problem down to any update pass 2.7.5. I forgot I had mad an image back up too....and the only thing I updated was plex, so it might not be a beef issue.
        "rmrector"  Apologies, I had already identified that it didn't seem to be a AB issue, as I already tested updating one Add-on at a time from my recent image save. When I updated AB, Everything was working perfectly until I updated Plex Kodi Connect PKC (From Ver# 2.5.4 to 2.7.7). I'm using Leia 18.1 on Windows 10 for a remote plex library. I'm not a coder so cant be sure if its related or not, so I may as well share info for PKC that i'll be sending cronetor in case you have time and can provide some insight . I'll pick up from after updating to the latest version of AB from your repository.

Before Updating PKC:

As you can see after updating AB I'm getting expected behaviour for clearlogo in both Movies and TV Shows within Library Views and Playback:

Image  Image Image Image

Here is a log to download from that session as it was too big for pastebin.

I then proceeded to install the update for PKC and restarted Kodi:

After Updating PKC:

As you can see, Movie/Tv Show library views are displaying clearlogos as expected...

Image Image

However, during playback clearlogos now only appear on Movies, and not on TV Shows: 

Image Image 

Here is a log to download which features those attempts at playback as the file was too large for pastebin.

Perhaps you might be able to pick on something that can shed some light. I have replicated the same behaviour 3 times to confirm and tested using a few different skins with the same result.

As i say, i suspect this is not an AB issue, but hopefully this will at least allow you to confirm it. 

Many thanks,

Ryan F
There's any way to downgrade? I lost many of my posters in the movie's section every time that tries to scan.
Artwork Beef updated to 0.23.3

It reverts "Fix: check if folders exist before list to avoid Kodi error in log", which is what caused some local artwork to be removed for some people. I should have remembered I did that for a reason.
(2019-03-18, 13:33)Jondar Wrote: Firstly: nice sarcasm Smile

Yeah, I thought I'd have a little fun.

Thanks for the info, it really helped to find this one. Version 0.23.3 should fix it.

@SMB-IL This should fix your issue, too.

@Starmanrf Thanks for humoring me. Ya, this does look more like a PKC issue. It looks like the artwork is in the library, so AB has done all it can.
Thanks for your help on this one! If there is a "next time" I'll be sure to catch those log files before they disappear.
(2019-03-21, 05:45)rmrector Wrote:
(2019-03-18, 13:33)Jondar Wrote: Firstly: nice sarcasm Smile

Yeah, I thought I'd have a little fun.

Thanks for the info, it really helped to find this one. Version 0.23.3 should fix it.

Seems to be working as expected, based on my test movie (the same one I logged for you before). Thanks for the fix, and I'm glad that my information was able to help out.

~Jondar
  • 55(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork5