• 61(current)
v17 Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork
@sniferx1 

I tried the same movie and all is functional fine!
All AnimatedPoster/AnimatedFanart/Characterart for Movie is equal to KyraDB and i can download them to local and see them.
On Context Menu -> Manage -> AB: Select Artwork: On all these ArtworkTypes i have to wait 5 seconds in average to see a preview. Once loaded the preview is faster.
All GIF stuff (AnimatedPoster/AnimatedFanart) you will only see the first frame on preview! If several available simply try it out manually!
That's a technical limitation. If you also want to have the preview animated (regardless of whether technically possible), the traffic on KyraDB would explode into the immeasurable.

Be aware for all this Artwork Types you need native skin support or you are a bit advanced in manual .xml implementation.
If your skin doesn't support this, you can download and browse all the stuff in ArtworkBeef, but will never see them in your skin.

AnimatedPoster and AnimatedFanart are supported by several skins as a own Artwork Type.
Characterart for Movies is relative new, the Aeon MQ Mods have a basic implementaion and the AEON Tajo as first a full implementation.
More skins follow...
Support in their related Skin threads.

-> AnimatedPoster Thread
-> AnimatedFanart Thread (a animated Tutorial is here on first post)
-> Characterart for Movies Thread
___
@rmrector 

Made an extended test, now context menu choose art only:
The implementation works perfectly and has one in one the same scope as the implementation of Fanart.TV
It's not the fastest, but it's because of that KyraDB is shared host and not a dedicated host (until now!)
KyraDB is now also available for general audience by ArtworkBeef, chances that KyraDB and their custom ArtworkTypes have a future increased.

A big added value for Kodi and all Artwork fans!
Excellent work! Worrking Fine!
___
EDIT

Testing phase 2:

Previous only tried the choose artwork context menu, now i tried the bulk/batch -> add missing art for...

I also tried a lot now the bulk/batch download/scan function (add missing artwork for...)
On first try for animatedfanart i had errors on every movie where a animatedfanart was placed and scanned in before.
I removed it and refreshed the movie entry the this would wiped out.
Then all worked fine!

On try on animatedposter i had no errors but also no single download.
But then i saw on -> Remove artwork for media type -> movies -> animatedposter, that there is already a lot scanned in.
I had not known that if i set animated poster under custom artwork to add, it will also scan in the skinhelper metadataautils animatedposter.
In any case, I then deleted all -> Remove artwork for media type -> movies -> animatedposter.
Then all worked fine!

Can you reproduce that?

In fact I probably would have only had to press animatedposter and animated fanart -> remove artwork for media type and then everything would have worked right away.
___
Didn't tested out the bulk/batch feature with characterarts, only the context menu choose artwork option.
For example, if I set 3 charactertarts, they will be downloaded and scanned in as desired. ->characterart,1,2
But if i select the KyraDB slots again in context menu i get duplicates only higher numbered. ->characterart3,4,5

Is that normal desired behavior, can you reproduce that?
___

Why animatedfanart a multislot...
I understand very well why animapedposter is a single slot, and characterart multislot.
But with animatedfanart I was initially sure you made a mistake because I had never tested a skin that can, and I was sure it could only be a single slot on implementation.

But then I discovered the ultimate killer feature, the most brilliant idea you ever had:
i can combine fanart1,2,3 ... jpg and animatedfanart1,2,3 ... gif., playing in a random sideshow! (Skinning .xml provided)
Really very ingenious and looks very very good!
Finally, for me personally rather useless artwork type animatedfanart has now a sense and great added value!

Question:
I tried to combine with this code:
plugin://script.artwork.helper/multiimage/listitem/?refresh=$INFO[ListItem.DBID]&&arttype=fanart ....animatedfanart
...tried several syntax and more, but failed, ArtworkHelper doesn't support combining arttypes as general
Then (not preferred but only functional) i made the usual &&amp
plugin://script.artwork.helper/multiimage/?image=$INFO[Container.ListItem.Art(fanart)]&&image=$INFO[Container.ListItem.Art(animatedfanart)].......and a lot longer.......

It's working now, but the code is that much long i have really fear that it will be slower performance or i get again the "fanart is returning no value" bug when using such long stuff.

Any chance to implement in ArtworkHelper a code to combine also general arttypes?
I am a little confused as to what AB is supposed to do with the animated Posters and Fanart if available for a movie.
I have put in the keys needed for KyraDB.
So will AB now download the animated Poster to the movie directory and do I then need to manually change from the one that is populated automatically to the Animated Poster?
Are any other changes required to .xml files as It isnt downloading anything for me.
(2019-07-08, 18:39)SteveSmith Wrote: I am a little confused as to what AB is supposed to do with the animated Posters and Fanart if available for a movie.
I have put in the keys needed for KyraDB.
So will AB now download the animated Poster to the movie directory and do I then need to manually change from the one that is populated automatically to the Animated Poster?
Are any other changes required to .xml files as It isnt downloading anything for me.
Read the first post here to know the possibilities how Animated Stuff in your Skin could work -> https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2864578
In wich of this ways your Skin does support the things described there you have to inform in the skin related thread.

This ArtworkBeef integration is for local artwork, you have no longer to manually place your animated stuff, it's now the same way automated as with fanart.tv.
This has nothing to do with the SkinHelperService Metadataautils stuff -> 1st way in link
This is only for the use of local artwork as -> 2nd way in link

For example in Aeon MQ7 it's working immediatly for AnimatedPoster (since 2015)
But for AnimatedFanart you have to change in IncludesVariables.xml all this code:
[Window(0).Property(SkinHelper.ListItem.Art.AnimatedFanart)]
to this:
[ListItem.Art(animatedfanart)]

...more support in the Skin related threads!
(2019-07-08, 16:15)chrissix Wrote: @sniferx1 

I tried the same movie and all is functional fine!
All AnimatedPoster/AnimatedFanart/Characterart for Movie is equal to KyraDB and i can download them to local and see them.
On Context Menu -> Manage -> AB: Select Artwork: On all these ArtworkTypes i have to wait 5 seconds in average to see a preview. Once loaded the preview is faster.
___

@chrissix I thought when you scan a new movie as per the AB settings it should automatically should download the image next to the movies.

Method you stated very problematic as when I add a new movies it will automatically scan for all artworks but I need to manually select again for the Animated stuff....

Don’t you think this is a small bug as it’s
Not downloading them without a Manuel intervention from the user?
(2019-07-09, 14:05)sniferx1 Wrote: @chrissix I thought when you scan a new movie as per the AB settings it should automatically should download the image next to the movies.

Method you stated very problematic as when I add a new movies it will automatically scan for all artworks but I need to manually select again for the Animated stuff....

sure, you mentioned the bulk/batch method in addon functions (practically on the first pass), i mentioned the single per entry choose method in context menu (practically for making single exchanges afterwards).

I had also error problems on the first try the bulk/batch method, my problem was that it doesn't like if there was any of this artwork type (animatedposter/animatefanart) scanned into libary before.
i used -> ArtworkBeef functions -> Remove Artwork for Media Type -> Movies -> animatedposter and then animatedfanart.
After this the download and scan function worked without problems like a charm.
(i didn't try out characterart function cause have done that all manually already)
(2019-07-09, 14:24)chrissix Wrote:
(2019-07-09, 14:05)sniferx1 Wrote: @chrissix I thought when you scan a new movie as per the AB settings it should automatically should download the image next to the movies.

sure, you mentioned the bulk/batch method in addon functions (practically on the first pass), i mentioned the single per entry choose method in context menu (practically for making single exchanges afterwards).

I had also error problems on the first try the bulk/batch method, my problem was that it doesn't like if there was any of this artwork type (animatedposter/animatefanart) scanned into libary before.
i used -> ArtworkBeef functions -> Remove Artwork for Media Type -> Movies -> animatedposter and then animatedfanart.
After this the download and scan function worked without problems like a charm.
(i didn't try out characterart function cause have done that all manually already)

Thanks @chrissix. I will give this a go soon.
The possibility to automate multiple AnimatedFanart makes it really nice and now practical in Skin to to mix normal multiple .jpg Fanart with multiple .gif AnimatedFanart!

I am using the ArtworkHelper &&amp chain possibility, i hope ArtworkHelper will get a new code to do a &&amp chain with general Artwork Types and not only for individually assigned List.Items

Code:
<value condition="Container.Content(movies) + String.Contains(Skin.String(moviesfanart),abanimated)">plugin://script.artwork.helper/multiimage/?image=$INFO[Container.ListItem.Art(fanart)]&amp;&amp;image=$INFO[Container.ListItem.Art(fanart1)]&amp;&amp;image=$INFO[Container.ListItem.Art(fanart2)]&amp;&amp;image=$INFO[Container.ListItem.Art(fanart3)]&amp;&amp;image=$INFO[Container.ListItem.Art(fanart4)]&amp;&amp;image=$INFO[Container.ListItem.Art(fanart5)]&amp;&amp;image=$INFO[Container.ListItem.Art(fanart6)]&amp;&amp;image=$INFO[Container.ListItem.Art(fanart7)]&amp;&amp;image=$INFO[Container.ListItem.Art(fanart8)]&amp;&amp;image=$INFO[Container.ListItem.Art(fanart9)]&amp;&amp;image=$INFO[Container.ListItem.Art(fanart10)]&amp;&amp;image=$INFO[Container.ListItem.Art(animatedfanart)]&amp;&amp;image=$INFO[Container.ListItem.Art(animatedfanart1)]&amp;&amp;image=$INFO[Container.ListItem.Art(animatedfanart2)]&amp;&amp;image=$INFO[Container.ListItem.Art(animatedfanart3)]&amp;&amp;image=$INFO[Container.ListItem.Art(animatedfanart4)]&amp;&amp;image=$INFO[Container.ListItem.Art(animatedfanart5)]&amp;&amp;image=$INFO[Container.ListItem.Art(animatedfanart6)]&amp;&amp;image=$INFO[Container.ListItem.Art(animatedfanart7)]&amp;&amp;image=$INFO[Container.ListItem.Art(animatedfanart8)]&amp;&amp;image=$INFO[Container.ListItem.Art(animatedfanart9)]&amp;&amp;image=$INFO[Container.ListItem.Art(animatedfanart10)]</value>
___

The same is also possible without an extra ArtworkHelper addon, only with the Skin internal possibilities with multiimage via fadelabel control, but there i get in my Skin always after a few minutes the "fanart stops returning a value bug"
see here and here, but you have to try out on it's own if and how good it's working.

Code:
        <control type="fadelabel" id="4420">
            <top>-2000</top>
            <width>2560</width>
            <height>0</height>
            <scrollspeed>0</scrollspeed>
            <scrollout>false</scrollout>
            <font>Font-LineLabel</font>
            <textcolor>white</textcolor>
            <randomize>false</randomize>
            <pauseatend>10000</pauseatend>
            <resetonlabelchange>true</resetonlabelchange>
            <label>$INFO[Container.ListItem.Art(fanart)]</label>            
            <label>$INFO[Container.ListItem.Art(fanart1)]</label>
            <label>$INFO[Container.ListItem.Art(fanart2)]</label>
            <label>$INFO[Container.ListItem.Art(fanart3)]</label>
            <label>$INFO[Container.ListItem.Art(fanart4)]</label>
            <label>$INFO[Container.ListItem.Art(fanart5)]</label>
            <label>$INFO[Container.ListItem.Art(fanart6)]</label>
            <label>$INFO[Container.ListItem.Art(fanart7)]</label>
            <label>$INFO[Container.ListItem.Art(fanart8)]</label>
            <label>$INFO[Container.ListItem.Art(fanart9)]</label>
            <label>$INFO[Container.ListItem.Art(fanart10)]</label>
            <label>$INFO[Container.ListItem.Art(animatedfanart)]</label>
            <label>$INFO[Container.ListItem.Art(animatedfanart1)]</label>
            <label>$INFO[Container.ListItem.Art(animatedfanart2)]</label>
            <label>$INFO[Container.ListItem.Art(animatedfanart3)]</label>
            <label>$INFO[Container.ListItem.Art(animatedfanart4)]</label>
            <label>$INFO[Container.ListItem.Art(animatedfanart5)]</label>
            <label>$INFO[Container.ListItem.Art(animatedfanart6)]</label>
            <label>$INFO[Container.ListItem.Art(animatedfanart7)]</label>
            <label>$INFO[Container.ListItem.Art(animatedfanart8)]</label>
            <label>$INFO[Container.ListItem.Art(animatedfanart9)]</label>
            <label>$INFO[Container.ListItem.Art(animatedfanart10)]</label>
        </control> 
___
KyraDB integration to ArtworBeef makes that now easy possible! Really nice!

Warning: Animated Stuff don't work in Kodi over network, only over local!
(2019-07-08, 16:15)chrissix Wrote: I also tried a lot now the bulk/batch download/scan function (add missing artwork for...)
On first try for animatedfanart i had errors on every movie where a animatedfanart was placed and scanned in before.
I removed it and refreshed the movie entry the this would wiped out.
Then all worked fine!

I didn't encounter any such error in this situation, so I can't say what your error was, but there are many things that can go wrong here. The exact message would help me narrow it down.

(2019-07-08, 16:15)chrissix Wrote: I had not known that if i set animated poster under custom artwork to add, it will also scan in the skinhelper metadataautils animatedposter.

SHS puts the animated artwork in the library itself, I'm pretty sure. Artwork Beef doesn't do anything special for SHS, but will leave any artwork that currently exists in the library.

(2019-07-08, 16:15)chrissix Wrote: Didn't tested out the bulk/batch feature with characterarts, only the context menu choose artwork option.
For example, if I set 3 charactertarts, they will be downloaded and scanned in as desired. ->characterart,1,2
But if i select the KyraDB slots again in context menu i get duplicates only higher numbered. ->characterart3,4,5

Is that normal desired behavior, can you reproduce that?

Ya, that is by design. If you don't want an image in there twice, don't select it twice. It doesn't happen in automatic mode, new multi- artwork just won't be added if any are already saved locally.

(2019-07-08, 16:15)chrissix Wrote: But then I discovered the ultimate killer feature, the most brilliant idea you ever had:
i can combine fanart1,2,3 ... jpg and animatedfanart1,2,3 ... gif., playing in a random sideshow! (Skinning .xml provided)
Really very ingenious and looks very very good!
Finally, for me personally rather useless artwork type animatedfanart has now a sense and great added value!
 Big Grin
@rmrector Animated Posters are not getting downloaded to the local file system. I did all steps correctly and followed all steps and help given. I can see Animated FAN Arts downloading next to file names and proper suffix.

Just be sure I have removed all Movies Artwork via AB tool and rescanned all again. Please help as I am feeling something not correct with the new feature you implemented. I know my setup, API keys are correct as Animated FANARTS getting downloaded.

In AB Movies settings, the Animated Poster is enabled.
@rmrector 
I think i was a bit too hasty!
In Animated Poster i confused the scan into db count (the already existing manually placed) with the download count. Animated Poster is currently really broken.
Animated Fanart is working, but things are left out, on repeat scanning with different counter settings (lower, not higher) i sometimes get new results.
Hope there will be a fix soon.
(2019-07-13, 02:51)chrissix Wrote: Animated Poster is currently really broken.
agree!

On my testings:

AnimatedFanart bulk: working, but on some movies be forgotten/skipped on my comparison to KyraDB website
AnimatedFanart context menu: working
AnimatedPoster bulk: not working at all, no warnings or Errors, only Nothing
AnimatedPoster context menu: working
CharacterArt bulk: not tested
CharacterArt context menu: working

soon fix wound be much appreciated  Nod
Keep up the great work!
Right, so posters are missing. KyraDB doesn't provide a language field so I naively picked 'unknown' as a placeholder, but Artwork Beef wants to match languages for most images.

I can default them to English, but it turns out KyraDB does have 'No language' animated posters as well, so it would be nice if Artwork Beef were able to tell the difference between the two - 'animatedkeyart' is so close!

I need more details on the fanart problem. Can you list a few movies with multiple fanart that I can experiment with?
(2019-07-13, 04:25)rmrector Wrote: I need more details on the fanart problem. Can you list a few movies with multiple fanart that I can experiment with?
ok, hope it will be fixed soon. Smile

ImageImage

steps to reproduce:
the yellow was made on a run with counter 10 settings
the red was made on a runt with counter 1 in settings
@rmrector 
Would it be at all possible to change the way you can manually scan for artwork type?
I noticed if you select Remove artwork for Media Type.. You can choose movies, etc, then you can choose the artwork type you want to remove
But if you want to add missing artwork, those options are not there. It would be good if you could have it the same.
So for example, I could select Add missing artwork for Movies.. then in the next screen the artwork type list would appear as it does with remove, and then I can get all the art work type for 1 particular item.

Also a question about the removal, does it actually remove the artwork type you select from where its stored locally?
(2019-07-13, 09:26)SteveSmith Wrote: Also a question about the removal, doe it actually remove the artwork type you select from where its stored locally?
Normal it only removes it from scanned in in kodi, but there is an Option that it would be also removed from local.

The other Thing you Mention would be nice, everything selected in settings will be added Always togegher. If only have one artwork type to scan it would save a lot of scanning time if can select the media type (movies, series) and their artwork type individually.
Currently you have to deselect all other artwork types in Settings if only want one artwork type to be scanned. Always a lot of clicking… i'm doing a Little Workaround working with several Settings.xml files.
  • 61(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork5