• 74(current)
v17 Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork
(2019-09-30, 11:18)docwra Wrote:
(2019-09-28, 21:06)meowmoo Wrote: hi there, I just found this wonderfull site https://theposterdb.com/ would it be possible to add it to AB and use it for Set/Movie Posters?

Nice site design! love it.

couldn't see an API though.

I ask them on reddit

Quote:An API is planned, but there a few other things we have to take care of first! As soon as we have a roadmap, we will post it here on the subreddit.
Hi.  I'm using Matrix nightlies.  I get no movie artwork previews when going to Context menu/Manage/AB: Select artwork/Artwork type and remote images.  I understand AB is not compatible with Matrix but hoping it will be when/if appropriate and this function could be corrected.

In AB settings I have the KyraDB API key entered.  This database contains images.actorart for Actress PNG's resource addon available in the official Kodi repo.  The images are updated on a regular basis and it would be wonderful if AB could coordinate with KyraDB to scrape them in.  Would adding 'actorart' to the AB setting 'additional art types for movies' accomplish anything or is the functionality simply not there?
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
+1 on the no preview issue.
YOYIZDERZOMENEMOHOZEZAZEZDENDERIZHOZEZ
(2019-10-07, 18:28)brazen1 Wrote: In AB settings I have the KyraDB API key entered.  This database contains images.actorart for Actress PNG's resource addon available in the official Kodi repo.  The images are updated on a regular basis and it would be wonderful if AB could coordinate with KyraDB to scrape them in.  Would adding 'actorart' to the AB setting 'additional art types for movies' accomplish anything or is the functionality simply not there?
Hi i am the maintainer of the Actresses PNG's resource addon

Your thought is good, but still a dream of the future. Do not mess that up that the Actress PNG's resource addon is working complete independent and has currently nothing to do with the actress artwork in KyraDB.
The problem is that Artwork Beef is for artwork type images, but the actress png's are resource images. Artwork types images and resource images are a great difference in function and handling. Currently it's the only practicle way for kodi to handle the actress images as resources.
And resources in resource addons aren't designed for scraping, only for installing.

The actress images in KyraDB are currently nowhere used or implemented. They are a offer for developers for future projects to get the actress images also via API.
Maybe for the first scrapeable and manageable resource addon.
___
Difference artwork types and resources:

Artwork types images: poster, fanart, clearlogo, clearart, ... -> allocated to a movie or tvshow
Resource images: studio logos, mpaa ratings, country flags, genre icons, genre fanart, ..., and also my offerings the actress png's and director thumbs -> storaged on a seperate location and allocated only to a value
Artwork Beef updated to 0.27.0

This version changes KyraDB image results to sort by 'likes' rather than date

@Karellen Sorry I haven't had much time to look into your scanning issue, but that does give me some specific things to look at.
I am facing an issue with some TV shows where if an episode/season has been added (scrapped by Kodi's TVDB scraper) to the library before artwork (e.g. episode thumb, season poster) is available on TVDB, these artwork items do not get added after they are available on TVDB.

This is mostly for newly aired episodes as in some cases the artwork for new episodes/season take a couple of days to be added to TVDB. Artwork Beef works as expected and grabs the artwork if I manually refresh these items.

For other shows artwork gets downloaded fine when new episodes get scraped.

I have the "Do not add automatically" option for TV shows unchecked and "Check daily for old items" option checked.
The library is set to update every 4 hours and AB log shows that it runs every 4 hours right after the library is updated however, log says "No items in list".
Also, what exactly qualifies as "old" items and how can I find them in the log i.e. is the verbiage any different when AB looks for old items?

Thanks for this brilliant addon and your hardwork.
Hi there

In my Bello skin i want to use a different layout of the select dialog when Artwork Beef it's open either from a script call or from context menu.

Is it possible to set a window(home) property every time the addon opens the select dialog and clear it when it's closed?. I can do that in skin code when the addon it's open from a script call in videoinfo window but i need this when the addon it's open from the context menu.

Also when the addon it's opening the second select dialog there is a split of sec delay which causes a weird effect if the background is hidden or has a black overlay like in Bello. Can this be increased some how so to behave the same like Kodi's standard "Choose art" function of the videoinfo dialog?

Cheers
Nessus
(2019-10-31, 17:25)monisriz Wrote: I am facing an issue with some TV shows where if an episode/season has been added (scrapped by Kodi's TVDB scraper) to the library before artwork (e.g. episode thumb, season poster) is available on TVDB, these artwork items do not get added after they are available on TVDB.

This is mostly for newly aired episodes as in some cases the artwork for new episodes/season take a couple of days to be added to TVDB. Artwork Beef works as expected and grabs the artwork if I manually refresh these items.

Artwork Beef mostly works like Kodi itself - information is only added when the item is scraped / processed. It won't repeatedly scrape items that already exist.

(2019-10-31, 17:25)monisriz Wrote: Also, what exactly qualifies as "old" items and how can I find them in the log i.e. is the verbiage any different when AB looks for old items?

"Old" items are defined by the time since last scanned by Artwork Beef. Roughly 16 or 32 weeks. They don't show different in the logs, but that's a good idea.

(2019-11-04, 13:00)nessus Wrote: Hi there

In my Bello skin i want to use a different layout of the select dialog when Artwork Beef it's open either from a script call or from context menu.

Is it possible to set a window(home) property every time the addon opens the select dialog and clear it when it's closed?. I can do that in skin code when the addon it's open from a script call in videoinfo window but i need this when the addon it's open from the context menu.

Yeah, I can do something with that. I'm not so sure about the other one, though.
(2019-11-06, 06:08)rmrector Wrote:
(2019-10-31, 17:25)monisriz Wrote: I am facing an issue with some TV shows where if an episode/season has been added (scrapped by Kodi's TVDB scraper) to the library before artwork (e.g. episode thumb, season poster) is available on TVDB, these artwork items do not get added after they are available on TVDB.

Artwork Beef mostly works like Kodi itself - information is only added when the item is scraped / processed. It won't repeatedly scrape items that already exist.
(2019-10-31, 17:25)monisriz Wrote: Also, what exactly qualifies as "old" items and how can I find them in the log i.e. is the verbiage any different when AB looks for old items?

"Old" items are defined by the time since last scanned by Artwork Beef. Roughly 16 or 32 weeks. They don't show different in the logs, but that's a good idea.
(2019-11-04, 13:00)nessus Wrote: Hi there

Yeah, I can do something with that. I'm not so sure about the other one, though.  

Thanks for the reply and the explanation.

So, what happens in a case (e.g. newly aired episode/season) where the episode/season level artwork is not yet available on TVDB/Fanart at the time when it gets added to Kodi library (e.g. via automated Sonarr setup) and subsequently scraped by Artwork Beef?

The artwork will become available a couple of days later but I don't see a way to have that artwork scraped and downloaded locally besides manually refreshing episodes with missing thumbs..

In such cases, will Artwork Beef look for the missing artwork (e.g. episode-thumb or season-poster) after they've been in the library for 16/32 weeks as you mentioned?

Can it be done that for new episodes/seasons AB will keep looking for missing artwork for x number of days before giving up? I noticed "processeditems.db" which I am guessing keeps track of the video items for which artwork has been obtained/processed by AB - can this db be leveraged for this purpose?

Sorry for a lot of questions and repetition. Smile
(2019-11-06, 06:08)rmrector Wrote: Yeah, I can do something with that. I'm not so sure about the other one, though.  
Hey @rmrector.... which other one?

I only need a window(home) property when the addon it's running either from context menu or from a script call.

Cheers
Nessus
I`m getting the no preview issue (tvdb). I`m on Kodi 18.4.
Hi

Sorry for the newbie question, but how can I install this add on for NVidia Shield? I could mirror the repository on Linux, but not sure how I should do this on the Shield?

Thanks

Will.
(2019-11-10, 11:28)willsy555 Wrote: Hi

Sorry for the newbie question, but how can I install this add on for NVidia Shield? I could mirror the repository on Linux, but not sure how I should do this on the Shield?

Thanks

Will.
I added the GitHub browser to Kodi and gave installed this now. Every time I run it says an error has occured though and to check the log. If I try to check the log in Artwork Beef it again says an error has occured. Any ideas? Thanks. Will.
(2019-11-10, 19:08)willsy555 Wrote:

Thanks

Will.
I added the GitHub browser to Kodi and gave installed this now. Every time I run it says an error has occured though and to check the log. If I try to check the log in Artwork Beef it again says an error has occured. Any ideas? Thanks. Will. 

I'm also getting a http error maybe an Artwork website has problems
(2019-11-10, 20:48)Amjak Wrote:
(2019-11-10, 19:08)willsy555 Wrote:

Thanks

Will.

I'm also getting a http error maybe an Artwork website has problems 
Thanks. Maybe that's the problem... I'm also going to sort out an SMB sharing from my shield so I can check the Kodi log. Maybe something has been written there to give me a clue! Undecided
  • 74(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork5