• 76(current)
v17 Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork
Artwork Beef doesn’t work for me anymore. Select Artwork from the context menu gives the spinner for a split second and then nothing. Running it from Addon menu does nothing at all.
(2019-11-20, 21:57)Kincaid Wrote: Artwork Beef doesn’t work for me anymore. Select Artwork from the context menu gives the spinner for a split second and then nothing. Running it from Addon menu does nothing at all.
I don't think anything relying on TheTVDB is working the way it used to. I think they are probably hard at work trying to resolve all the issues. I know for a fact that AB is not working 100% because I just removed all my artwork from "New Amsterdam" and refreshed. It downloaded few images, but nothing in comparison to what it usually does.

Shedrock
But I’m trying to get posters for movies, and I can’t even start AB in the first place. This is because todbang has issues?
@Kincaid

todbang = TVDB?

You will need to provide a Debug Log which captures you trying to start and use the add-on. Make sure you have Debug logging enabled in the AB settings as well as in Kodi settings.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-11-20, 23:28)Karellen Wrote: @Kincaid

todbang = TVDB?

You will need to provide a Debug Log which captures you trying to start and use the add-on. Make sure you have Debug logging enabled in the AB settings as well as in Kodi settings.

Yes, todbang was meant to be TVDB. Stupid autocorrect.

AB is working as expected today. Smile
(2019-11-22, 00:52)Kincaid Wrote: AB is working as expected today.
Ok. TVDB is in a state of flux, so expect ongoing issues until they sort out their site. Visit their forum for more info and list of problems.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
AB is not working well for me. I sometimes get the following message:
txt:
WARNING: [script.artwork.beef] web service error: Forbidden
I've been reading from page 1, and got to page 14, and have to ask, did Martijn ever reply again, given the content of his first reply?

Anyway, on to business, I have local art stored in a common folder, with sub folder matching collection name, and short media type titles.
AB seems to find them, however they never actually get displayed.

There's no additional information appearing in the log at the time of execution.  I can of course upload a full log, however thought I'd ask for the obvious causes first.

FWIW I have the config set to get local art only.
Kodi Leia on Pi-4 running LibreElec. in production with family, and another one for testing.
(2019-11-25, 09:52)wcndave Wrote: There's no additional information appearing in the log at the time of execution.  I can of course upload a full log, however thought I'd ask for the obvious causes first.

FWIW I have the config set to get local art only.

Actually, it does the same when I try to fetch art using the built in kodi "manage -> choose art", so I think it's a kodi problem, not a BA problem.
Kodi Leia on Pi-4 running LibreElec. in production with family, and another one for testing.
@wcndave

No problems here.

Can you post a screenshot of your artwork folder for the Alien Collection. Let us see all the files inside and the path. Where is the central artwork folder- network, local? Permissions issue?

I don't see why Choose Art in Kodi does not work. Maybe it is a caching issue and it can take upto 24 hours for images to change.
My Signature
(2019-11-26, 02:34)Karellen Wrote: @wcndave

No problems here.

Can you post a screenshot of your artwork folder for the Alien Collection. Let us see all the files inside and the path. Where is the central artwork folder- network, local? Permissions issue?

I don't see why Choose Art in Kodi does not work. Maybe it is a caching issue and it can take upto 24 hours for images to change.

Thanks, came in this morning, and it works.... however I have the other "multi-files issue" which I see you've already replied to.
I'm gonna park this one for now.  I did a completely brand new install, and selecting the art seemed to reflect immediately in the library.
Hey, I was wondering if it was possible to save all artwork to one folder that isn't the folder in which the video files are located?

Like a central folder just for art.
(2019-11-23, 01:54)shedrock Wrote: AB is not working well for me. I sometimes get the following message:
txt:
WARNING: [script.artwork.beef] web service error: Forbidden

Also been seeing this error of late, since the last AB update. Having said that, it might be TVDB-related. I can't remember if I have them setup as an artwork source, and cannot check at this point in time.
Getting same Error, can't seem to scrape any artwork Sad
Here's a snippet of the error any help would be greatly appreciated Smile

PS. another 12 or more addons are throwing similar errors, Huh?

ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <class 'AttributeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'str' object has no attribute 'decode'
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\buzni\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.artwork.beef\service.py", line 4, in <module>
                                                from lib.artworkprocessor import ArtworkProcessor
                                              File "C:\Users\buzni\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.artwork.beef\lib\artworkprocessor.py", line 6, in <module>
                                                from lib import cleaner, reporting
                                              File "C:\Users\buzni\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.artwork.beef\lib\cleaner.py", line 4, in <module>
                                                from lib.libs import pykodi, mediatypes, quickjson
                                              File "C:\Users\buzni\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.artwork.beef\lib\libs\mediatypes.py", line 21, in <module>
                                                addon = pykodi.get_main_addon()
                                              File "C:\Users\buzni\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.artwork.beef\lib\libs\pykodi.py", line 40, in get_main_addon
                                                _main_addon = Addon()
                                              File "C:\Users\buzni\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.artwork.beef\lib\libs\pykodi.py", line 199, in __init__
                                                self.resourcespath = os.path.join(xbmc.translatePath(self.path).decode('utf-8'), u'resources')
                                            AttributeError: 'str' object has no attribute 'decode'
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
  • 76(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Artwork Beef - automatically add extended artwork5