• 8(current)
Win HOW TO - Set up madVR for Kodi DSPlayer & External Players
(2016-04-01, 14:24)Talguy Wrote: I do have DX11 exclusive mode set and have 10bits set as my output.

Windows 10 x64

looks like the driver can't deal with 10 bit output.

what GPU are you using?

your madVR settings like scaling should affect present items what so ever.

if you don't see tearing or such things you could ignore the high present times.
@Warner306 when I play the same file in mpc-hc I have great present times 1ms. Same settings of madvr as DSPlayer since I load from active profile. I've always had madvr set to exclusive mode. All queues were completely filled with mpc-hc.

@huhn I have a gts-450 like Warner. It works great with 10-bit when playing with mpc-hc.

So I have more observations. I upgraded to acronz latest DSPlayer build posted today. If set DSPlayer to not change my display's refresh rate the rendering time is 17ms and the present time is 1ms. With refresh rate changing enabled my rendering time is 13ms and my present time is 27ms. The queues were as follow when refresh rate changing was enables: Render queue 3-5 of 12, present queue 2-3 of 6. No changing of madvr settings for each test. Display was set to 60Hz when refresh rate change was disables. When refresh rate change was enabled I tested a 23.976Hz video source.

I find this observation interesting and perplexing.
(2016-04-02, 01:36)Talguy Wrote: @Warner306 when I play the same file in mpc-hc I have great present times 1ms. Same settings of madvr as DSPlayer since I load from active profile. I've always had madvr set to exclusive mode. All queues were completely filled with mpc-hc.

@huhn I have a gts-450 like Warner. It works great with 10-bit when playing with mpc-hc.

So I have more observations. I upgraded to acronz latest DSPlayer build posted today. If set DSPlayer to not change my display's refresh rate the rendering time is 17ms and the present time is 1ms. With refresh rate changing enabled my rendering time is 13ms and my present time is 27ms. The queues were as follow when refresh rate changing was enables: Render queue 3-5 of 12, present queue 2-3 of 6. No changing of madvr settings for each test. Display was set to 60Hz when refresh rate change was disables. When refresh rate change was enabled I tested a 23.976Hz video source.

Disable display modes in madVR and set DSPlayer to handle refresh rate switching. Kodi alone is the best option for refresh rate matching.
at this regard, if I disable the display modes in madVR , and set DSPlayer refresh rate switching set (BOTH) if I play content at 1280x720p or 1024x576 with 25.000 fps ; OSD (Ctrl+j) refresh rate switching at 50Hz and refresh rate switching TV at 1080p.

Instead , if I active the display modes in madVR and active set DSPlayer refresh rate switching set (BOTH) play content at 1280x720p or 1024x576 with 25.000 fps ; OSD (Ctrl+j) refresh rate switching at 24Hz and refresh rate switching TV at 1080/24Hz

where It is the deception of reality ?
what?
(2016-04-03, 10:30)gotham_x Wrote: at this regard, if I disable the display modes in madVR , and set DSPlayer refresh rate switching set (BOTH) if I play content at 1280x720p or 1024x576 with 25.000 fps ; OSD (Ctrl+j) refresh rate switching at 50Hz and refresh rate switching TV at 1080p.

Instead , if I active the display modes in madVR and active set DSPlayer refresh rate switching set (BOTH) play content at 1280x720p or 1024x576 with 25.000 fps ; OSD (Ctrl+j) refresh rate switching at 24Hz and refresh rate switching TV at 1080/24Hz

where It is the deception of reality ?

Don't know. DSPlayer works best when Kodi does the refresh rate switching.
I think , that the second option that I have indicated for those content is more appropriate for switching refresh rate , do not you agree that it would be better to show content 25,000fps at 24Hz instead that at 50Hz ? if disable the display modes in madVR , this does not happen.
I have to leave both activated madVR and DSPlayer for switching refresh rate at 24Hz with content 25,000fps.
(2016-04-03, 17:30)gotham_x Wrote: I think , that the second option that I have indicated for those content is more appropriate for switching refresh rate , do not you agree that it would be better to show content 25,000fps at 24Hz instead that at 50Hz ? if disable the display modes in madVR , this does not happen.
I have to leave both activated madVR and DSPlayer for switching refresh rate at 24Hz with content 25,000fps.

I see. I would disable refresh rate switching in Kodi, then.
At this point result be there solution more logic from try.
(2016-04-03, 02:42)Warner306 Wrote:
(2016-04-02, 01:36)Talguy Wrote: @Warner306 when I play the same file in mpc-hc I have great present times 1ms. Same settings of madvr as DSPlayer since I load from active profile. I've always had madvr set to exclusive mode. All queues were completely filled with mpc-hc.

Disable display modes in madVR and set DSPlayer to handle refresh rate switching. Kodi alone is the best option for refresh rate matching.
That's been done since day one
Warner306 , I disabled refresh rate switching in Kodi , It seems to work well refresh rate switching activated into madVR . However I do not understand the you prefer activated into Kodi...
I ask here , I need to buy a cable DisplayPort-to-HDMI length 10 meters I would find this , but I'm insecure the width the transmitted bandwidth , in specific It describes (Supports full HD resolutions up to 1080p) I would that
the cable supports resolutions up to 4K@60Hz to be connected the TV with HDMI 2.0a of future proof , I'm undecided if this can do in my case.
you need an active DP-HDMI adapter.

so it is better to wait for pascal and polaris and get one of these cards with native HDMI 2.0
@Warner306 I'm still having that high present time issue and was wondering since you have a GTS450 can you tell me what driver version you are currently running? Maybe it is just a driver issue for me and I shouldn't ever be on the latest and greatest version.
(2016-04-14, 14:27)Talguy Wrote: @Warner306 I'm still having that high present time issue and was wondering since you have a GTS450 can you tell me what driver version you are currently running? Maybe it is just a driver issue for me and I shouldn't ever be on the latest and greatest version.

I am using the latest stable driver; whatever that is.

Try resetting everything by deleting all profiles and running the reset settings program in the madVR installation folder. Also, try using madVR alone to change display modes rather than Kodi.
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Set up madVR for Kodi DSPlayer & External Players5