• 25(current)
Win HOW TO - Set up madVR for Kodi DSPlayer & External Players
(2017-08-31, 06:13)lexiconman Wrote: Ok. So I've solved my problem above (I needed to have the "enable" radial button selected under Stereo 3D for "when playing 3D content"). I've now got a new problem however. If I only list 2160p options in display modes (I've got a JVC Projector that e-shifts to 4k) then my output is 2160p, scaled like I have it configured to. This works well for most of my sources, but obviously not 3D (since it's supposed to be 1080p23. But, if I add 1080p23 or 1080p24, then ALL of my videos default to that resolution BUT they still are scaled by MadVR.

The result is a 1080p screen that shows 1/4th of the total image of the movie since the movie file is being scaled to 4k. Any ideas?

I believe you have to create a separate profile within madvr for display modes for 3D content. I do not believe you can scale 1080p23 3D MVC to 2160p23, but I'm no expert and could be wrong. You could have a profile for 2160p 2D content and a profile for 1080p23 3D content. Someone else with more knowledge of this could chime in and confirm this.
Display: LG OLED77C9 | A/V Receiver: Denon AVR-X4500H | 2019 Nvidia Shield Tv Pro | Apple TV 4K | 2017 Roku Ultra | HTPC | Game PC | PS5 
Yes, you are correct (I think), and I did make a separate rule for 3D content (so it doesn't scale), which means my 3D content plays ok. But, the problem is that any NON-3D content that I try to play (which should be scaled) gets scaled to 4k BUT the resolution of the projector is still 1080p. Sometimes if I go to windowed mode and then back to full screen it corrects, but most of the times not.
Hi guys,

Apologies if this has been covered or may seem like a stupid question ... I only watch quality BluRay Remux movies and I already have a Darbee Darblet 5000s.

I have recently installed DSPlayer 17.5 Kodi and I like MadVR what it brings to the experience along with ReClock etc.

I would like to know the best possible settings within MadVR for me if I am only watching 1080p High Quality Remux videos.. Any settings with screenshots or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance..

PS: I currently have Sapphire 6540 1GB DDR3 card in my HTPC , do you guys reccomend an upgrade? If so which card and what benefits will I get.. Thank you..
Updated for madVR v0.92.12.
Hey guys, last night I tried the EVGA 1050ti SSC card and whilst it seemed to play well with normal 1080p video's, when downscaling 4K to 1080p in the meantime as my 4K projector hasn't arrived yet (Tuesday) it was flickering with a green screen for some reason? Doesn't anyone knows why this may be? I mean the videos wasn't playing but there was a green screen flickering every other second.. Any assistance would be appreciated thank you.. I was using NGU high setting.. Same settings with the RX560 4GB I don't have any flickering issues but with the 1050ti it seems to be processing faster... ImageImageImageImage
(2018-03-18, 05:28)mkohman Wrote: Hey guys, last night I tried the EVGA 1050ti SSC card and whilst it seemed to play well with normal 1080p video's, when downscaling 4K to 1080p in the meantime as my 4K projector hasn't arrived yet (Tuesday) it was flickering with a green screen for some reason? Doesn't anyone knows why this may be? I mean the videos wasn't playing but there was a green screen flickering every other second.. Any assistance would be appreciated thank you.. I was using NGU high setting.. Same settings with the RX560 4GB I don't have any flickering issues but with the 1050ti it seems to be processing faster... ImageImageImageImage

This sounds like a problem with hardware acceleration. Try switching from copy-back to D3D11.

Also, try using anything else beside DXVA2 image downscaling.

And try MPC-HC or MPC-BE to rule out DSPlayer.
Thank you so much.. Can you please point me to a guide to setup with mpc - hc? Also which is better mpc-hc or be? What's the difference?thank you so much..
(2018-03-18, 18:33)mkohman Wrote: Thank you so much.. Can you please point me to a guide to setup with mpc - hc? Also which is better mpc-hc or be? What's the difference?thank you so much..
 MPC-HC and MPC-BE were forked from the same codebase, so they are basically the same. MPC-HC set-up is covered here: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid1843523. You don't have to launch it from Kodi like this guide recommends. That is just another option besides using DSPlayer to get madVR.

I assume you tried the other troubleshooting steps?
Thank you so much.. Which other trouble shoots.. Would appreciate if you could advise me.. Thanks..
Did you try these:

This sounds like a problem with hardware acceleration. Try switching from copy-back to D3D11.

Also, try using anything else beside DXVA2 image downscaling.
I will definitely trying and report back. Can I ask.. Do you use dsplayer or external which in your experience workshop better with 4k and bluray mkv files only.. Thanks
(2018-03-18, 20:05)mkohman Wrote: I will definitely trying and report back. Can I ask.. Do you use dsplayer or external which in your experience workshop better with 4k and bluray mkv files only.. Thanks
 I use DSPlayer. The experience is much more integrated as you still get the Kodi GUI. MPC involves compromises. Before DSPlayer existed, it was what I used to get madVR. It gets the job done; it just isn't as satisfying as DSPlayer.
Completely agree thank you..
@Warner306  firstly thanks for this cracking guide and generally for all the other guides you have put together, help you provide to the community and all the patience you must have listening to the same questions asked again and again Big Grin

I've been using DSPlayer and MadVR for some time now however I knew I hadn't really set it up to the best of it's ability but it is only now that I have sat down with your comprehensive guide and put some time into setting up profiles, that I'm really reaping the benefits. I started with your sample profiles and found that for my 1060 6gig I was able to fall somewhere in the middle of your medium and high profiles.

I have had an issue with a couple of movies in my collection however and I believe it is due to their peculiar resolutions. They are both around the 1916 x 1040 mark which causes me massive frame drops and repeats from the outset. I was able to fix this by changing the quadrupling setting of image upscaling (I have mine set to NGU Sharp high) from 'Let MadVR decide' to 'only if scaling factor is 2.4 or bigger' Once I make that change both of the files with unusual resolutions play perfectly, however I was a little confused as in your guide I understood it to suggest that 'only if scaling factor is 2.4 or bigger' was the default if we select 'Let MadVR decide' Have I possibly misread or misunderstood the guide? Or is this a potential bug in MadVR?

Thanks again
(2018-05-08, 15:17)CraftyClown Wrote: I have had an issue with a couple of movies in my collection however and I believe it is due to their peculiar resolutions. They are both around the 1916 x 1040 mark which causes me massive frame drops and repeats from the outset. I was able to fix this by changing the quadrupling setting of image upscaling (I have mine set to NGU Sharp high) from 'Let MadVR decide' to 'only if scaling factor is 2.4 or bigger' Once I make that change both of the files with unusual resolutions play perfectly, however I was a little confused as in your guide I understood it to suggest that 'only if scaling factor is 2.4 or bigger' was the default if we select 'Let MadVR decide' Have I possibly misread or misunderstood the guide? Or is this a potential bug in MadVR?

Thanks again
Well, thanks for the compliment. If you can believe it, I mostly edit this guide for my own notes. I just developed the habit of researching a topic and writing a guide. I started sharing the results if I thought it was beneficial.

The image quadrupling issue appears to be a mistake on my end. If double again is selected, then the scaling factor is 2.4x. If direct quadrupling is selected (which I think it is by default), then quadrupling is activated if any upscaling after doubling required. There was a request to fix this but it hasn't happened yet. So you could fix it by selecting double again or only for 2x scaling factors.
  • 25(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO - Set up madVR for Kodi DSPlayer & External Players5