Home cinema/living room with dynamicmounting tv bracket
I was very impressed with the Down and Out Mount I wanted to share my experience and some pictures. The living room in my new house is the usual fireplace in centre and tv in the corner scenario. I needed a fireplace mounting that did not cause me to feel that I was in the front row of a cinema looking straight up at the TV. Also all options needed to be wife friendly!

After some internet research I found the Down and Out Mount. It solved all my problems with its ability to drop down in front of the fireplace for viewing and then back up above the fireplace to store, or when the stove is lit.

I must admit it was more costly than other wall mounts but no other wall mounts provided this function. An interesting option provided by the manufacturer was a rebate option where if you helped them advertise they would rebate up to $100. By posting this I am taking advantage of part of that rebate.

The install took some thought and studying but the instructions were clear. I could not be more pleased with the outcome. I was able to get a full 30" drop even over my oak mantle. You can find more information at www.dynamicmounting.com and they do ship to the UK.

Short youtube video below,

Short video of TV bracket in action.

Pictures of my humble small cinema/living room set-up, showing this great TV bracket in action.

watch gallery
Sony KDL-46HX853 and Sony STR-DN1050
MONITOR AUDIO BRONZE BX5 5.0 speaker package
SVS SB2000 Subwoofer
Nvidia shield TV running SPMC
Pi3 running LibreELEC
harmony touch remote control
26GB unRAID server
Ill be honest with you...

I cannot see the point of these brackets at all.

Firstly, you have a very nice screen there that does look good above the stove - a normal bracket would have been fine in this instance in my opinion - you can pick up a tilt or even a elbow flat mount bracket for under £20 now on amazon uk.
The drop down option is a gimmick i think... when would you ever want the tv that low off the floor... and in front of a fireplace/stove, even if its not lit?

Secondly, you have a 6 or maybe 8Kw stove there? that will throw out serious heat when running and even with the mantel, you will be getting some serious heat rising from below the TV. It will give you issues down the line in that setup.

I have two mates that did the same setup as you - over a fireplace, and over a stove. One tv lasted 14 months before heat damage affected it and the other lasted 6 months before his Samsung 42" failed.

You have a very nice room there in the pictures, i personally would have left the screen on the corner unit - but thats just my opinion.
I too worry about the heat!
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Very interesting, I have a similar room that we decided against the nice log burner for exactly the same reason.

Its great to see the bracket that works! I'm really impressed!

Now to convince the girlfriend....
(2016-02-10, 02:08)jayzirl Wrote: Ill be honest with you...

I cannot see the point of these brackets at all.

Firstly, you have a very nice screen there that does look good above the stove - a normal bracket would have been fine in this instance in my opinion - you can pick up a tilt or even a elbow flat mount bracket for under £20 now on amazon uk.
The drop down option is a gimmick i think... when would you ever want the tv that low off the floor... and in front of a fireplace/stove, even if its not lit?

Secondly, you have a 6 or maybe 8Kw stove there? that will throw out serious heat when running and even with the mantel, you will be getting some serious heat rising from below the TV. It will give you issues down the line in that setup.

I have two mates that did the same setup as you - over a fireplace, and over a stove. One tv lasted 14 months before heat damage affected it and the other lasted 6 months before his Samsung 42" failed.

You have a very nice room there in the pictures, i personally would have left the screen on the corner unit - but thats just my opinion.

Sorry completely disagree with you. Screen is way too high over the fireplace and corner tv viewing is not ideal for 5.1 surround sound. When in the lower position the tv is no lower than it would be on a normal tv unit.
Basically the idea is, tv in down mode is cinema room and tv in up position is living or wife friendly room.

Also I've been monitoring the heat situation for over a year before I did this project and the wall above the fireplace never even gets warm let alone hot. The bottom of the wooden beam gets a little warm but that's it, as we all know wood does not conduct heat. So I am 100% confident heat will not be an issue.
SVS SB2000 Subwoofer
Pi3 running LibreELEC
26GB unRAID server
What about heat when the TV is lowered?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2016-02-10, 21:24)nickr Wrote: What about heat when the TV is lowered?

The TV is never lowered when the fire is lit. The fire rarely gets lit anyway.
SVS SB2000 Subwoofer
Pi3 running LibreELEC
26GB unRAID server
I worked with the inventor in his job before he decided to do these TV mounts full time. It is nice to see he is still at it and doing it successfully.
Looks great! I doubt the heat will be a problem if you never have the fire going while the tv is lowered.
Note the difference in brightness when looking at a typical LCD panel from a low angle to direct on (stand up-then crouch down, see it?) , 'speaks to the internal set-up of the LCD. This reminds me of the unit that parks under your bed and automatically swivels up into place at the foot of the bed, but it was all automated. I prefer full automation, bad enough I have to search for a remote with a drink in hand.

And while I'm at it.... most big panels are like a black hole in your wall, love to see a painting in it's place until you press the key.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Home cinema/living room with dynamicmounting tv bracket0