• 18(current)
WIP Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread
(2016-03-28, 17:26)orbtwin Wrote: and the most strange thing is Ember shows the info for the plot of Movie_sets but isn't saved in the common foder as the rest of the images yes

This info will be saved in Embers database ;-)
NFO is only needed/usefull if you want to reload already created movie sets. We are working on the new Kodi 16 feature to save the movieset plot inside the movie.nfo. Then the movieset.nfo is no longer needed.
(2016-03-31, 11:56)DanCooper Wrote:
(2016-03-31, 00:53)Fail$tyle420 Wrote: I renamed my trailer files to "theme.ext" for an addon in kodi and everything works beautifully. I ran ember, updated the expert naming for trailers to "theme" and after rescanning the library it all seemed good. I went back to rescan a movie's nfo only and noticed that down in the bottom left of the window where the filename and location is, it was pointed to theme.ext. Looked at the entire list and about 25% are pointed to theme file instead of the movie file.

So, I went back and changed the available theme extensions and added .mkv/avi/mp4/mov/webm to the list, rescanned and still no go. I added the following to the advanced settings.xml file:
Code:
<Setting Section="*EmberAPP" Content="None" Name="NotValidFileContains" DefaultValue="">theme</Setting>

tried again, still sees theme.ext as the movie. Anything else I can try?? Huh

*EDIT* Also, for the files that it sees the theme.ext as the movie, if you refresh metadata or rescrape nfo it will save theme.ext as a copy <filename>.ext resulting in two trailer files.

You need a trailer as theme.ext?!? A theme is not a trailer, a theme is a sound file of movie/tv show theme. Sounds like a crappy addon... but anyway...

First, you have to add/replace this line in AdvancedSettings.xml (works only in latest 1.4.8.0 Alpha or higher):
Code:
<Setting Section="*EmberAPP" Content="None" Name="NotValidFileContains" DefaultValue="">theme|trailer|sample</Setting>

- reset the "Valid Theme Extensions" back to defaults. You can't use the Theme system for Trailers in Ember.
- add "theme" to Settings => Movies => Files and Sources => Expert => Single/Multi/VIDEO_TS/BDMV => Trailer
- disable Settings => Movies => Files and Sources => File Naming => Kodi Defaults => Trailer to no longer save a trailer as <filename>-trailer.ext (attention: this means that Kodi no longer recognizes the trailers!)

LOL, I'm very well aware what themes are. Videotunes addon allows autoplay of video/music theme files. Basically just avoiding having to go into context menu or video info to play the trailer. So, I changed the names of the trailers to theme so the addon will pick it up and play the trailer after about 20 seconds of sitting at that movie in the menu. Probably the best addon available for some of my much more tech illiterate clients Laugh

1. Does the code have to be EXACTLY like that, or can I remove trailer and sample? (That's what I already did, but will try yours as well.) Is there anywhere specific I need to place this, or anywhere inside of the header/footer?
2. Already done before posting.
3. Already done before posting.

I am currently in the process of scanning a new database and will report back, but I have a feeling this still won't change it.

*EDIT* Ok, tried your code, removed 10 movies that detect theme as the movie and did update library. Still sees theme. I went into ember folder and deleted Myvideos37.emm, re-added my source, scanned and STILL sees theme as the movie. It's really weird that it's a portion of my movies and not all of them. Also, the trailers will still save a copy as <filename>.ext.

*EDIT* So, I figured a workaround for now would be to set the ignore video files that are a certain size. Unfortunately my smallest film is 163mb, so I'll need to delete any and all themes that are larger than that. No biggie I guess, trailers don't really need to be that big anyways Tongue Please let me know if you come up with a fix for this!
I installed the latest alpha (slow on the uptake). I was getting an error
Object reference not set to an instance of an object
when trying to add a movie source (tv source worked fine)

I uninstalled Ember and re-installed, deleting all my settings and everything, and now it seems to work (I'm re-loading things, so I haven't scrapped anything yet).
I've had a chance to use the latest version. Here are thoughts:

It asks me for my profile on start up every time.

I got a random crash or two, but I couldn't pin down why it was happening.

I have no idea what I'm supposed to do to get the Kodi sync option working. I'm quite excited about that though.

I have not made any use of the imdb tv scraper yet, but I am highly anticipating it. I imagine there is a lot of work involved with all the improvements.

I'm happy with the option to search video/short from the scraper. Had not seen before.

For the new image scraper (from within the edit movie area at least), when I doubleclick it opens a new window. You have to rightclick to select the video. Personally, I think doubleclick should select the video and there should be a rightclick option to open in new window.

For the bulk renamer, it might be interesting to provide a few default options that are popular. I'm familiar with regex, but maybe not everyone is.

I changed the setting Sort Tokens to Ignore and it takes forever to update. Not sure why it takes so long. If you just had a list/array of strings, then it should be very fast to figure out whether a change needs to be made. Maybe you could SQL to get the full list of movies, do some string processing on that to figure out which need to have names changed. Then the currently slow operation only needs to get done on those. You also really only need to make an adjustment to ho the Sort Tokens to Ignore has changed. Not re-do it from scratch.

Also, when I changed that setting, it didn't bring me back to the list of movies. The screen was blank.

I can't seem to get the movie set artwork working. In the old version, I had a folder where it saved them all. But since I had to do a clean install, it wasn't picking it up. I just deleted my folder and wanted to start over. Is it the Backdrops folder? Anyway, when I re-scraped the sets, it also asked me about matching the names on them and it saved some information, but I'm not sure where that is. There is clearly some plot information saved. One downside is that with nfo files (or saved images), I would have a pretty clear idea of what is downloaded or not. I had to skip some and now the only way to know if they have information in them is to go manually through the list.

I hope the wiki adds some descriptions on what some functions do. Rewrite all movie content sounds dangerous. Export isn't entirely clear, especially since there is also an Export Movie List (It looks like Export Movie List searches TV anyway. All things considered I would probably prefer a csv export in addition to html, with the option for additional columns to add, like imdb ratings, year, etc. But I would consider this very low on the list of things I would want...). Not that I need an explanation on these things currently. I don't plan on using them. It just makes using it easier for someone new. Even something like tooltips would be helpful.
(2016-04-03, 05:09)ss4johnny Wrote: I've had a chance to use the latest version. Here are thoughts:

It asks me for my profile on start up every time.
Yes, and it's very useful, remember this is an alpha build and it's now easy to test different options with out the need to have multiple installations of Ember

Quote:I got a random crash or two, but I couldn't pin down why it was happening.
If you haven't done so, try a clean install

Quote:I have no idea what I'm supposed to do to get the Kodi sync option working. I'm quite excited about that though.
Activate web interface in KODI
Make sure KODI is running
Set up KODI interface in Ember modules, and don't forget MSAA path
The only thing I seen not working is if you have stacked movies, but Dan is working on it
Quote:I can't seem to get the movie set artwork working. In the old version, I had a folder where it saved them all. But since I had to do a clean install, it wasn't picking it up. I just deleted my folder and wanted to start over. Is it the Backdrops folder? Anyway, when I re-scraped the sets, it also asked me about matching the names on them and it saved some information, but I'm not sure where that is. There is clearly some plot information saved. One downside is that with nfo files (or saved images), I would have a pretty clear idea of what is downloaded or not. I had to skip some and now the only way to know if they have information in them is to go manually through the list.
Discussed just 1-2 pages before your post

Quote:I hope the wiki adds some descriptions on what some functions do.
Agree, the wiki pages is outdated
But I understand why, documentation is boring for a programmer, some community member(s) need to step up and do it
Hello,

I came on to post a date bug I've noticed in the past two versions when adding a new series, but Zero3ffect beat me to it a few weeks ago. It's a minor bug, but I figured it couldn't hurt to mention it again. Smile

(2016-03-12, 02:20)Zero3ffect Wrote: Found another bug I believe. When scraping a TV show, the premiered tag for the show itself appears to be set based on your region setting and unfortunately Kodi only seems to read dates that are formatted as "yyyy-mm-dd". The format is correct for episodes though.

Thanks for all the great work, DanCooper!
(2016-04-03, 12:21)T-bird_se Wrote: Discussed just 1-2 pages before your post

Thanks for your reply.

I see this post

Quote:You need to define this in movie-set settings in 2 places
Files and sources Kodi tab: Path to your common folder + in expert, once again the path and also <settitle>.nfo for the nfo
That's working for me

I put both pieces in the exports page. And then I put <settitle>-fanart.jpg and <settitle>-poster.jpg also in there. Seems to be working fine. I got an error about exceeding the limit of requests for TMDB and Ember quit on me. I added in my API key that had been deleted in an earlier clean install and it seemed to finish fine.
I keep getting this error when i try to scrape The Simpsons, Ember closes after clicking OK. It's the only show it happens on

EDIT: Sorry forgot the log http://pastebin.com/raw/4ipjQb7e
(2016-04-04, 16:20)komplex Wrote: I keep getting this error when i try to scrape The Simpsons, Ember closes after clicking OK. It's the only show it happens on

EDIT: Sorry forgot the log http://pastebin.com/raw/4ipjQb7e

Already reported to TMDB API dev, also fixed in Ember (Commit).
(2016-04-04, 16:35)DanCooper Wrote: Already reported to TMDB API dev, also fixed in Ember (Commit).

Thank you Smile
(2016-03-31, 12:02)DanCooper Wrote:
(2016-03-28, 17:26)orbtwin Wrote: and the most strange thing is Ember shows the info for the plot of Movie_sets but isn't saved in the common foder as the rest of the images yes

This info will be saved in Embers database ;-)
NFO is only needed/usefull if you want to reload already created movie sets. We are working on the new Kodi 16 feature to save the movieset plot inside the movie.nfo. Then the movieset.nfo is no longer needed.

thanks Dan...
it's OK
(2016-04-03, 17:02)KevinSartori Wrote: Hello,

I came on to post a date bug I've noticed in the past two versions when adding a new series, but Zero3ffect beat me to it a few weeks ago. It's a minor bug, but I figured it couldn't hurt to mention it again. Smile

(2016-03-12, 02:20)Zero3ffect Wrote: Found another bug I believe. When scraping a TV show, the premiered tag for the show itself appears to be set based on your region setting and unfortunately Kodi only seems to read dates that are formatted as "yyyy-mm-dd". The format is correct for episodes though.

Thanks for all the great work, DanCooper!

Has been fixed for all dates: Commit
Now ALL dates like Movie - ReleaseDate, TVEpisode - Aired and TVShow - Premiered will be saved as yyyy-MM-dd. Maybe a add an option to save culture-relevant value to NFO, but this will be only usefull for other medai centers than Kodi.
(2016-04-03, 12:21)T-bird_se Wrote: Activate web interface in KODI
Make sure KODI is running
Set up KODI interface in Ember modules, and don't forget MSAA path
The only thing I seen not working is if you have stacked movies, but Dan is working on it

I was having issues getting the Kodi interface to work, but I switched the port from 80 to 88 and it worked.

Edit: After getting it to work, I have some feedback. Allow the add/edit interface box to be expandable. When populating the sources, it shows the full path. My paths are a bit long, so they are cut off on both Ember and Kodi. I can make them bigger and see what they are. However, I can't make them both big enough at the same time to see the full path because the Kodi Interface box cannot be expanded.
Hi there,

I posted this request as a feature on the bug tracker page, but I thought I would also ask here as well Wink

Would it be possible to add 'Open Fanart.tv-page' to the context menu (The same as IMDB, TMDB & TVDB currently) when right clicking on a Movie / TV show or Movie Set??

Cheers!
Raspberry PI3 - LibreELEC 8.2.2 - Kodi 17.6 - Aeon MQ7 Krypton Mod 1.4.0.10
(2016-04-06, 23:04)Esky Wrote: Hi there,

I posted this request as a feature on the bug tracker page, but I thought I would also ask here as well Wink

Would it be possible to add 'Open Fanart.tv-page' to the context menu (The same as IMDB, TMDB & TVDB currently) when right clicking on a Movie / TV show or Movie Set??

Cheers!

Whould be possible. I've planned some changes on scraper to populate buttons on context menu. The existing one are hard coded, i will change that in one of the next days.
  • 18(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread2