• 25(current)
WIP Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread
(2016-05-17, 16:34)DanCooper Wrote:
(2016-05-17, 16:25)Drazzilb Wrote: I will double check, however, if I remember correctly it says that it is version 16 Jarvis. (I am at work right now. However, when I get home I will verify)

Edit: According to the developer's website the version of the container is 13.03.2016: Make kodi 16 (jarvis) default installed version

Ok, this version should be working.
Any infos in Kodi log? You have to enable "Component Specific Logging" and also "Specify Component Logging... => JSON-RPC" to fully log all JSON-RPC requests.

Okay, I'll check when I get home to see if Kodi is producing a log. If not then I will enable it via the advancedsettings.xml

If you know how I can do this to set it up in a way that is best for you can you please give me the code (so I don't mess anything up and give you the information you need)

Thanks.
(2016-05-17, 16:53)Drazzilb Wrote:
(2016-05-17, 16:34)DanCooper Wrote:
(2016-05-17, 16:25)Drazzilb Wrote: I will double check, however, if I remember correctly it says that it is version 16 Jarvis. (I am at work right now. However, when I get home I will verify)

Edit: According to the developer's website the version of the container is 13.03.2016: Make kodi 16 (jarvis) default installed version

Ok, this version should be working.
Any infos in Kodi log? You have to enable "Component Specific Logging" and also "Specify Component Logging... => JSON-RPC" to fully log all JSON-RPC requests.

Okay, I'll check when I get home to see if Kodi is producing a log. If not then I will enable it via the advancedsettings.xml

If you know how I can do this to set it up in a way that is best for you can you please give me the code (so I don't mess anything up and give you the information you need)

Thanks.

You have to set that via the "guisettings.xml":

Code:
<debug>
    <extralogging default="true">true</extralogging>
    <screenshotpath default="true"></screenshotpath>
    <setextraloglevel>1024</setextraloglevel>
    <showloginfo>true</showloginfo>
</debug>
(2016-05-17, 17:04)DanCooper Wrote: You have to set that via the "guisettings.xml":

Code:
<debug>
</debug>

Rodger that, I'll give you what I can when I get home to fiddle with it.
(2016-05-17, 17:25)Drazzilb Wrote:
(2016-05-17, 17:04)DanCooper Wrote: You have to set that via the "guisettings.xml":

Code:
<debug>
</debug>

I had a reason to head home today, so while I was there. I took the chance to get this.

http://pastebin.com/4iFbmtJg
&
http://pastebin.com/d0ABeyMh

Hope that includes what you're needing, if not I'll try again later.
(2016-05-17, 18:58)Drazzilb Wrote:
(2016-05-17, 17:25)Drazzilb Wrote:

Code:
<debug>
</debug>

I had a reason to head home today, so while I was there. I took the chance to get this.

&

Looks like an issue/bug in Kodi :-(

Kodi starts scanning and has finished it at 05:19:22 T:47634503218944.
Ember call a check if the scanner is still running at 05:19:23 T:47634064492288.
Code:
05:19:22 T:47634503218944  NOTICE: VideoInfoScanner: Starting scan ..
05:19:22 T:47634503218944  NOTICE: VideoInfoScanner: Finished scan. Scanning for video info took 00:00
05:19:23 T:47634496915200   DEBUG: webserver: request received for /jsonrpc
05:19:23 T:47634064492288   DEBUG: Previous line repeats 1 times.
05:19:23 T:47634064492288   DEBUG: JSONRPC: Incoming request: {
                                              "jsonrpc": "2.0",
                                              "method": "XBMC.GetInfoBooleans",
                                              "params": {
                                                "booleans": [
                                                  "Library.IsScanningVideo"
                                                ]
                                              },
                                              "id": 4
                                            }

Kodi always send "yes, it's still scanning" back to Ember and Ember still wait for a "false" to do next step in Syncing process:
Code:
22:54.1 TRACE [APIKodi] [Kodi Headless] ScanVideoPath: "smb://192.168.0.21/Media/Movies/2 Fast 2 Furious (2003)" | Start scanning process...
22:54.2 TRACE [APIKodi] [Kodi Headless] IsScanningVideo: True
22:55.2 TRACE [APIKodi] [Kodi Headless] IsScanningVideo: True
22:56.2 TRACE [APIKodi] [Kodi Headless] IsScanningVideo: True

So I don't know what Kodi's problem is. For me it works with latest Windows version of Kodi 16.1.
As workaround you can run a database update in Kodi (or Ember => Tools => Kodi Interface => Update Database) to let Kodi scan the paths and create a database entry. After that you can manually sync the media from Ember. At this point, Kodi should known the media and give back an ID to Ember for the sync.
(2016-05-17, 19:18)DanCooper Wrote:
(2016-05-17, 18:58)Drazzilb Wrote:
(2016-05-17, 17:25)Drazzilb Wrote: Rodger that, I'll give you what I can when I get home to fiddle with it.

&

Looks like an issue/bug in Kodi :-(

Kodi starts scanning and has finished it at 05:19:22 T:47634503218944.
Ember call a check if the scanner is still running at 05:19:23 T:47634064492288.
Code:
05:19:22 T:47634503218944  NOTICE: VideoInfoScanner: Starting scan ..
05:19:22 T:47634503218944  NOTICE: VideoInfoScanner: Finished scan. Scanning for video info took 00:00
05:19:23 T:47634496915200   DEBUG: webserver: request received for /jsonrpc
05:19:23 T:47634064492288   DEBUG: Previous line repeats 1 times.
05:19:23 T:47634064492288   DEBUG: JSONRPC: Incoming request: {
                                              "jsonrpc": "2.0",
                                              "method": "XBMC.GetInfoBooleans",
                                              "params": {
                                                "booleans": [
                                                  "Library.IsScanningVideo"
                                                ]
                                              },
                                              "id": 4
                                            }

Kodi always send "yes, it's still scanning" back to Ember and Ember still wait for a "false" to do next step in Syncing process:
Code:
22:54.1 TRACE [APIKodi] [Kodi Headless] ScanVideoPath: "smb://192.168.0.21/Media/Movies/2 Fast 2 Furious (2003)" | Start scanning process...
22:54.2 TRACE [APIKodi] [Kodi Headless] IsScanningVideo: True
22:55.2 TRACE [APIKodi] [Kodi Headless] IsScanningVideo: True
22:56.2 TRACE [APIKodi] [Kodi Headless] IsScanningVideo: True

So I don't know what Kodi's problem is. For me it works with latest Windows version of Kodi 16.1.
As workaround you can run a database update in Kodi (or Ember => Tools => Kodi Interface => Update Database) to let Kodi scan the paths and create a database entry. After that you can manually sync the media from Ember. At this point, Kodi should known the media and give back an ID to Ember for the sync.

Okay, I'll give that a whirl. This is the final piece of this whole puzzle I've been trying to put together. I've loved your software for a long time Dan and really appreciate your help.

I might even try a different container, I cannot say what may or maynot have been changed when this instance of Kodi was packaged into the docker. So I'll try doing the work around first. I assume from your post that its simply not finding the database entries. So i'll have to force it to make its own. I can go into MariaDB to remove the entire DB and have it start a new one. If you think that's a place to start let me know.

EDIT: Oh, an answer to an earlier question about the when I click the test connection button. This is what I get:

EDIT: I tried your work around
Quote:As workaround you can run a database update in Kodi (or Ember => Tools => Kodi Interface => Update Database) to let Kodi scan the paths and create a database entry. After that you can manually sync the media from Ember. At this point, Kodi should known the media and give back an ID to Ember for the sync.
Same result.
I opened up Ember, Clicked tools a the top, Went down to Kodi Interface, Clicked "Update Library". From there. Nothing. This is with a clean database. (went into MariaDB and removed the database there).

Edit: Confirmed It is the installation of Kodi that has an issue. I tried it with a different installation (my HTPC hooked up to my TV) worked like a charm.

Thank.
I noticed an interesting behavior with the new Alpha. Not sure if it is new or not, but may just be the result of me now having the TMDB scraper active.

I was scraping some stand up specials. Normally they don't show up properly and I have to get the IMDB code to scrape. I normally hit cancel and then fill them in later. This time when I hit cancel it did a kind of partial scrap. It didn't have all the information, but it did have some of it. I'm guessing it was using the TMDB scraper for this information. I guess it was able to match with TMDB perfectly, even if it couldn't match with IMDB. Anyway, it managed to pull the IMDB code when it did this. So all I needed to do was re-scrape to get the IMDB information. I confirmed this by noting the plot outline came up and the votes for the movie increased substantially.

I kind of want to disable the TMDB scraper, but I also mostly like this behavior. I just have to remember what I hit cancel on (I'm not sure there's an easy way to identify that). I don't know how it works at a low level, but I imagine that after getting the TMDB code it looks up the IMDB code that matches with it. I'm curious if it would be possible then to try the IMDB scraper again, instead of TMDB. That would be very cool.
I'm trying to change the names of the images to just fanart.jpg, poster.jpg, logo.png, etc... I've deselected all options including kodi and use only the expert setting with the names for my images as listed above. I reload the movies and the images named like this show as present and are visible. But if I rescan the movie to update images it redownloads images and saves them as Filename-poster.jpg, filename-clearlogo.png, etc... Am I missing something or does this not work? My movies are in separate folders. I remember being told on this forum that naming images "filename" is preferred. But using the phenomenal skin and its dependence on artwork downloader is causing me to switch back. Also, if I have different posters in the same folder, one named "filename-poster.jpg" and one just named poster.jpg, kodi prefers the latter. Just poster.jpg. Using Jarvis. "Filename" being the name of the movie just for reference in case anyone assumes I'm off my rocker.
(2016-05-19, 05:11)ss4johnny Wrote: I noticed an interesting behavior with the new Alpha. Not sure if it is new or not, but may just be the result of me now having the TMDB scraper active.

I was scraping some stand up specials. Normally they don't show up properly and I have to get the IMDB code to scrape. I normally hit cancel and then fill them in later. This time when I hit cancel it did a kind of partial scrap. It didn't have all the information, but it did have some of it. I'm guessing it was using the TMDB scraper for this information. I guess it was able to match with TMDB perfectly, even if it couldn't match with IMDB. Anyway, it managed to pull the IMDB code when it did this. So all I needed to do was re-scrape to get the IMDB information. I confirmed this by noting the plot outline came up and the votes for the movie increased substantially.

I kind of want to disable the TMDB scraper, but I also mostly like this behavior. I just have to remember what I hit cancel on (I'm not sure there's an easy way to identify that). I don't know how it works at a low level, but I imagine that after getting the TMDB code it looks up the IMDB code that matches with it. I'm curious if it would be possible then to try the IMDB scraper again, instead of TMDB. That would be very cool.

Yeah, thats a little bit tricky to handle. But I'm testing a new way to search and scrape media. I think we have to splitt all scrapers with a "search engine" (like TMDB, TVDB and IMDB) to a search and scrape part. Also I'm still working on a global API that every scraper can use, if a needed ID is not available. Example: Fanart.tv needs TMDB ID. If you only IMDB have enabled, the TMDB ID is not known and the Fanart.tv scraper can't get any image.
But as always, it's a lot of work to do all needed changes in our EmberAPI and all scrapers Confused
(2016-05-19, 18:28)beesmyer Wrote: I'm trying to change the names of the images to just fanart.jpg, poster.jpg, logo.png, etc... I've deselected all options including kodi and use only the expert setting with the names for my images as listed above. I reload the movies and the images named like this show as present and are visible. But if I rescan the movie to update images it redownloads images and saves them as Filename-poster.jpg, filename-clearlogo.png, etc... Am I missing something or does this not work? My movies are in separate folders. I remember being told on this forum that naming images "filename" is preferred. But using the phenomenal skin and its dependence on artwork downloader is causing me to switch back. Also, if I have different posters in the same folder, one named "filename-poster.jpg" and one just named poster.jpg, kodi prefers the latter. Just poster.jpg. Using Jarvis. "Filename" being the name of the movie just for reference in case anyone assumes I'm off my rocker.

Yes, <filename>-imagetype.ext should be the preferred filename for all movie images (exept VIDEO_TS and BDMV folder structures). I've created a list of all filenames that Kodi use for export: Overview of filenames in Ember and Kodi

If you use Embers Kodi Interface, the addons ArtworkDownloader and also MovieSetArtworkAutomator (MSAA) are no longer needed. All images can by synced directly from Ember to Kodi.

I'm just working on a new function in Ember to cleanup and change all filenames from any schema/type to your preferred settings and delte the no longer needed or duplicate files. It's already working, but I still have to create a proper GUI. I think it will be available in next Alpha version.
Getting a error on the sets tab when YAMJ compatible sets is enabled. "SQL logic error or missing database no such column: SetOrder"

The TV scraper also seems to be making NFOs for each episode, no matter what your settings are. How do I stop it from making episode NFOs?
(2016-05-20, 01:45)Tyrindor2 Wrote: Getting a error on the sets tab when YAMJ compatible sets is enabled. "SQL logic error or missing database no such column: SetOrder"

The TV scraper also seems to be making NFOs for each episode, no matter what your settings are. How do I stop it from making episode NFOs?

Oh yes, looks like a bug, SetOrder has been renamed to iOrder. Has been fixed: Commit

But why you don't want an NFO for each episode? That's the only way to save episode informations. But you can disable it in Settings => TV Shows => Files and Sources => File Naming => Episode NFO
(2016-05-20, 09:52)DanCooper Wrote:
(2016-05-20, 01:45)Tyrindor2 Wrote: Getting a error on the sets tab when YAMJ compatible sets is enabled. "SQL logic error or missing database no such column: SetOrder"

Oh yes, looks like a bug, SetOrder has been renamed to iOrder. Has been fixed: Commit

But why you don't want an NFO for each episode? That's the only way to save episode informations. But you can disable it in Settings => TV Shows => Files and Sources => File Naming => Episode NFO

Thanks, is there a way for me to compile and use that commit or do I need to wait until the next alpha?

I don't want episode NFOs because to avoid disk spinups on my unraid server, I need to cache the directories or each time I access the server it'll spin up all the drives. The more files, the more RAM needed to keep everything cached. I have something like 120,000 files, and doubling results in random disk spins up.

I have everything related to episode NFO unchecked but it is still reproducing episode NFOs. I even tried unchecking every box in every tab (Kodi, Kodi Addons, NMT, Boxee), enabling expert and only filling in the poster and nfo fields under TV show but it still makes episode NFOs each time I rescrape a show. This has been a problem going way to back to like EMM v1.2, I always just delete the NFOs after rescraping TV shows but that gets pretty tedious. Wink

Here's a screenshot:
http://imgur.com/j0gYaNl
(2016-05-20, 16:20)Tyrindor2 Wrote:
(2016-05-20, 09:52)DanCooper Wrote:

Thanks, is there a way for me to compile and use that commit or do I need to wait until the next alpha?

I don't want episode NFOs because to avoid disk spinups on my unraid server, I need to cache the directories or each time I access the server it'll spin up all the drives. The more files, the more RAM needed to keep everything cached. I have something like 120,000 files, and doubling results in random disk spins up.

I have everything related to episode NFO unchecked but it is still reproducing episode NFOs. I even tried unchecking every box in every tab (Kodi, Kodi Addons, NMT, Boxee), enabling expert and only filling in the poster and nfo fields under TV show but it still makes episode NFOs each time I rescrape a show. This has been a problem going way to back to like EMM v1.2, I always just delete the NFOs after rescraping TV shows but that gets pretty tedious. Wink

Here's a screenshot:
http://imgur.com/j0gYaNl

Uuhh yes, that's a very old bug. I was shure that i've fixed that long time ago, but... no Confused Now it's fixed: Commit

You can wait or you can compile it by yourself: HowTo compile the latest version of Ember from SourceCode
Thanks Dan, much appreciated, keep up the amazing work. Smile

EDIT: Confirming both issues fixed.
  • 25(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread2