• 35(current)
WIP Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread
(2016-06-28, 13:32)DanCooper Wrote:
(2016-06-28, 08:12)madmax2 Wrote: Bug still occurs in newest version 1.4.8.0 Alpha 17

When I scraped all the TV shows.

TV show season episodes NFO files + thumbnails not created till I click update library.

======

Also individual shows scraping will not scrape any images if I disable

-Display "Image Select" dialog while single scraping

Both has been fixed and will be working in Alpha 18: Commit / Commit

Thanks.

And just to clarify the problem, it does grab images, it just does not create the NFO files + thumbnails for seasons episodes until I click update library
(2016-06-28, 14:13)madmax2 Wrote:
(2016-06-28, 13:32)DanCooper Wrote:
(2016-06-28, 08:12)madmax2 Wrote: Bug still occurs in newest version 1.4.8.0 Alpha 17

When I scraped all the TV shows.

TV show season episodes NFO files + thumbnails not created till I click update library.

======

Also individual shows scraping will not scrape any images if I disable

-Display "Image Select" dialog while single scraping

Both has been fixed and will be working in Alpha 18: Commit / Commit

Thanks.

And just to clarify the problem, it does grab images, it just does not create the NFO files + thumbnails for seasons episodes until I click update library

Yes. I've forgot to including season and episode informations/images scraping for the "Custom Scrape Button".
(2016-06-28, 14:31)DanCooper Wrote:
(2016-06-28, 14:13)madmax2 Wrote:
(2016-06-28, 13:32)DanCooper Wrote: Both has been fixed and will be working in Alpha 18: Commit / Commit

Thanks.

Yes. I've forgot to including season and episode informations/images scraping for the "Custom Scrape Button".

oic...was it one of those forgot to copy and paste code from this section to the new custom scrape button section? Big Grin

How are u finding the new custom scrape button feature?
I hope you like the feature I suggested..

Do u find it useful in your own scraping?

For me, I really like it cos it makes things so much more easier to scrape without needing to go through all those submenus.

I also like the youtube trailer source.
Before i would be missing more trailers, but now most of the trailers are scraped.
There might be a few incorrect trailers, but overall it is pretty good.

====
Is this new alpha version using multithreading scraping?
(2016-06-28, 15:14)madmax2 Wrote:
(2016-06-28, 14:31)DanCooper Wrote:
(2016-06-28, 14:13)madmax2 Wrote: Thanks.

oic...was it one of those forgot to copy and paste code from this section to the new custom scrape button section? Big Grin

For me, I really like it cos it makes things so much more easier to scrape without needing to go through all those submenus.

Before i would be missing more trailers, but now most of the trailers are scraped.

====

Copy-Paste is always a bad idea :-)

No, I don't really use the new custom button. But also I don't use any of the other auto-scraper :-) I scrape my movies and new tv shows manually and use the context menu entires in Explorer to update the database.

No, multithread scraping is not implemented and I'm not shure, if we add this at any time. IMO it don't make sens to scrape more than one item at the same moment. Most of all scraper API has limited API calls per minute, so it make more sense to scrape successively and move the download process to a multithread function.
But first of all we have to rewrite the whole scraper interface to reduze the API calls and optimise the scraping process.
(2016-06-28, 15:57)DanCooper Wrote:
(2016-06-28, 15:14)madmax2 Wrote:
(2016-06-28, 14:31)DanCooper Wrote: Yes. I've forgot to including season and episode informations/images scraping for the "Custom Scrape Button".

====

Copy-Paste is always a bad idea :-)

No, I don't really use the new custom button. But also I don't use any of the other auto-scraper :-) I scrape my movies and new tv shows manually and use the context menu entires in Explorer to update the database.

No, multithread scraping is not implemented and I'm not shure, if we add this at any time. IMO it don't make sens to scrape more than one item at the same moment. Most of all scraper API has limited API calls per minute, so it make more sense to scrape successively and move the download process to a multithread function.
But first of all we have to rewrite the whole scraper interface to reduze the API calls and optimise the scraping process.

Actually I have used this multi thread fetching in another scraping program called Media Center Master.
In order to enable it, you need to be a premium member. But I got a taste of it when the program let u access premium features for a limited time period.

The benefit is that it will speed up scraping all your movies etc..

If u can scrape 2 or 4 movies at a time.
You will end up finished scraping faster than 1 movie at a time.

Similar to why multi-threading / parallel processing is faster than single threading / processing.
And is also why SSDs are moving to the PCI-E instead of SATA connection.

I don't know how the author did it, but he implement it as a premium feature, despite the API calls limitation you said.

Either way, I have noticed that with the recent alpha release, scraping single movies have improve in speed compared to before.

I am still a die hard ember fan, MCM has many cool features but they are reserved for premium users only.
there seems to be a bug in Renamer module in Alpha release.

It is not renaming the files correctly.

Despite using this setting for TV show renamer
-$Z - $W2_S?2E?{ - $T}
-Automatically rename after single and multiscraping

My files is getting rename to this..

ShowTitle - S01E01 - ShowTitle S01E01.mkv

OR sometimes to this

ShowTitle - S01E01E01 - Title - Title.mkv

There's a possibility it is cause by the custom scrape button.
Mine is set to ALL (automatic) , All Items
(2016-06-29, 13:12)madmax2 Wrote: there seems to be a bug in Renamer module in Alpha release.

-$Z - $W2_S?2E?{ - $T}

Filename - S01E01 - Filename S01E01.mkv
Is the Title of this episode "Filename S01E01"?
(2016-06-29, 13:26)DanCooper Wrote:
(2016-06-29, 13:12)madmax2 Wrote: there seems to be a bug in Renamer module in Alpha release.

-$Z - $W2_S?2E?{ - $T}

No.
I make a mistake in my first comment please see revised bug / comment
===
Bug is this ...

OR sometimes to this, if I do an update library or rescrape

==
This bug has wreck all the shows filename I just scraped cos of the above bug.
(2016-06-29, 13:59)madmax2 Wrote:
(2016-06-29, 13:26)DanCooper Wrote:

-$Z - $W2_S?2E?{ - $T}

No.
===
Bug is this ...

==

Do you have enabled "Lock Episode Title" in settings?

Default Title for new episodes is "TVShow-Name SxxExx". If you use "Lock Episode Title" or if you edit the Episode and leave the title as is, the renamer use the title while renaming.
(2016-06-29, 14:17)DanCooper Wrote:
(2016-06-29, 13:59)madmax2 Wrote:
(2016-06-29, 13:26)DanCooper Wrote: Is the Title of this episode "Filename S01E01"?

No.
===
Bug is this ...

==

Default Title for new episodes is "TVShow-Name SxxExx". If you use "Lock Episode Title" or if you edit the Episode and leave the title as is, the renamer use the title while renaming.

My currents settings for TV show, I don't think Lock is enabled for Episode Title
Should it be enabled?

I didn't edit any Episodes, just purely scraping using the custom scrape button.

(2016-06-29, 14:36)madmax2 Wrote:
(2016-06-29, 14:17)DanCooper Wrote:
(2016-06-29, 13:59)madmax2 Wrote: No.
===
Bug is this ...

==

My currents settings for TV show, I don't think Lock is enabled for Episode Title
Should it be enabled?

I didn't edit any Episodes, just purely scraping using the custom scrape button.

Looks correct.
I've to look a this issue.
Hi all,

I think I found a problem with the TVShow renamer.

I can't rename a show to include the date, just like the movie default pattern. Looks like $Y is always empty, so $T {($Y)} gives only the title, not the date.
(2016-06-30, 10:49)GrosNours Wrote: Hi all,

I can't rename a show to include the date, just like the movie default pattern. Looks like $Y is always empty, so $T {($Y)} gives only the title, not the date.

Yes, there is no value linked to $Y (year) for tv show. I can add that and use the year of premiered for $Y. Ok?
(2016-06-30, 10:53)DanCooper Wrote:
(2016-06-30, 10:49)GrosNours Wrote: Hi all,

Yes, there is no value linked to $Y (year) for tv show. I can add that and use the year of premiered for $Y. Ok?

Thank you Dan, this is exactly what I would want. And BTW, other tools work this way
Dan - every think of a way to accommodate different laptop resolutions? Last time I tried one of these versions i lost a third of screen during image selection. Works fine in old version 1.4.7, besides for home screen preview being cut off. Thanks
HTPC Basement: i3 3225, Asrock z77 pro4m, 8gb Crucial DDR3 1600, Samsung 840 120gb SSD, Silverstone GD05B Case

HTPC Livingroom: WIP

Server: UnRaid: Intel G550, Asrock B75 pro3m, 4gb ram, Parity Drive 3tb WD Red, Data 2 x 2tb WD Red, Cache 1tb WD Blue, Fractal Design XL R2 Case
  • 35(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread2