• 41(current)
WIP Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread
(2016-07-15, 23:17)McButton Wrote: Good. It doesn't really impact anything negatively. ..it just seemed odd. I'm glad it's not something I did. Thanks again!
We have changed it from "Don't overwrite" to "keep existing" to get shure that any image has the same picture even if you have set different file names for one image type but only one exist before rescraping. With "keep existing" we are able to load the existing and re-save it with each file name you have set in settings, even if one is already exist and another not.

But this system has one problem: every save change the file date and mist of backup system recognize it as change.

With the new scraper processes i try to reduce the counts of saving files.
I remember at one point there was talk about maybe adding support for additional scrapers or using the different Kodi scrapers in Ember. Just wondering if this is still a possibility.

I'd love the ability to scrape anime in Ember using AniDB.net. Even better would be to do it with Scudlee's excellent AniDB.net Scraper Mod for Kodi. It scrapes the specials, credits, trailers, and all the other special files listed on AniDB.net.

I've had problems where scraping anime in Kodi would skip a series here and there. It is always so hard to track down the missing series and figure out why the scraper had trouble with it. Ember would solve that. I could instantly see which shows were missing info.
is there a way to delete ember database?

updating existing database takes for ever and i have to try to delete existing database in order to solve my problem

Found it ... NVM Smile
@Dan

can you please check that Rename feature still works... (latest alpha cannot rename files that are in network)
@Dan

also when i try to remove a movies that has read only files - Ember Crashes....

also when i rename a movie Ember is not updated, i have to click on other movie then click back on the movie i rename to see that it was renamed...
(2016-07-17, 22:33)solamnic Wrote: @Dan

also when i try to remove a movies that has read only files - Ember Crashes....
Don't use that function. It's still broken and has to be fixed.
(2016-07-17, 10:43)solamnic Wrote: @Dan

can you please check that Rename feature still works... (latest alpha cannot rename files that are in network)
I will check that tomorrow. I have changed am optimized some things in Renamer module for next Alpha.
(2016-07-17, 22:41)DanCooper Wrote:

I will check that tomorrow. I have changed am optimized some things in Renamer module for next Alpha.

I've checked that an it works for me without any issue. Do you can see something in log file?
(2016-07-18, 09:44)DanCooper Wrote:
(2016-07-17, 22:41)DanCooper Wrote:

I've checked that an it works for me without any issue. Do you can see something in log file?

have you checked to rename read only files via network?
(2016-07-18, 14:41)solamnic Wrote:
(2016-07-18, 09:44)DanCooper Wrote:
(2016-07-17, 22:41)DanCooper Wrote: I will check that tomorrow. I have changed am optimized some things in Renamer module for next Alpha.

have you checked to rename read only files via network?

Nope, but I try it now...

Edit: I've testet it with a shared folder that is set to "Read only". Renaming will be failed, but properly catched without crash.
Alpha 19 is online. Check first post for links.
@dan

have send you PM with problems with renamer with latest alpha 19
New 1.4.8.0 Alpha 20 is online.
Only a bug in renamer with IMDB ID has been fixed.
Updated to the Alpha 19. Seems like doing a general scrape now takes an hour to clear when it once took about 3 minutes for an added file. What did I break? I just installed over the old version (15)...but I'm sure something got messed. Ideas?

Edit: Just reinstalling fresh. I always kill something when I update.
(2016-07-21, 03:06)McButton Wrote: Updated to the Alpha 19. Seems like doing a general scrape now takes an hour to clear when it once took about 3 minutes for an added file. What did I break? I just installed over the old version (15)...but I'm sure something got messed. Ideas?

Edit: Just reinstalling fresh. I always kill something when I update.

I feel like this has been an issue in recent Alphas. I went to the movies and came back once and it was still goin', for only like 15 movies or so.
  • 41(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread2