• 42(current)
WIP Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread
(2016-07-21, 15:30)ss4johnny Wrote:
(2016-07-21, 03:06)McButton Wrote: Updated to the Alpha 19. Seems like doing a general scrape now takes an hour to clear when it once took about 3 minutes for an added file. What did I break? I just installed over the old version (15)...but I'm sure something got messed. Ideas?

Edit: Just reinstalling fresh. I always kill something when I update.

I feel like this has been an issue in recent Alphas. I went to the movies and came back once and it was still goin', for only like 15 movies or so.
Check the log to look which step needs so long to be done. Maybe an issue with a scraper (e.g. GoEar is very crappy).
It seems only when I update EMM via overwrite of the install folder. I just started new with v20 and it scraped in faster than I've ever had. The log looked normal. ..but I'll treat again with new updates to see if we can avoid it.

Thanks again for keeping EMM strong!
(2016-07-21, 15:48)McButton Wrote: It seems only when I update EMM via overwrite of the install folder. I just started new with v20 and it scraped in faster than I've ever had. The log looked normal. ..but I'll treat again with new updates to see if we can avoid it.

Thanks again for keeping EMM strong!

Can't be a problem whit updating. Nearly all files and folders except the Profiles folder will be deleted by install wizard. All old dll's will be removed and replaced with the new ones.
I always install the latest release on my second PC and test it before upload the release to web.
I always rename my previous version and install the new version to directory. Then copy Profiles folder and start application.

Never had any problem.
Image Image
The only important thing is: don't install a new version to another directory and copy the files to a directory that contains an older version. It's possible that the older version has files (dll's) that no longer needed and produce errors if they are still there. The Install Wizard clean all files that no longer be needed.
I'm noticing with v20, that if I have something that is a part version, EMM is scraping an alt title name.

Parasyte Part 1 (official title) scrapes Parasyte.nfo
Parasyte Part 2 (official title) scrapes also Parasyte.nfo

Using TMDB scraper
https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/282069-kiseij-part-1
-------------------------------------------
Batman The Dark Knight Returns, Part 1 seems to do the same thing. The "part" is removed if it is a multi part entity. I changed to IMDB scraper and had the same issue with .nfo and images. I had to manually change it.

I actually already had the correct .nfo files in the folders with the correct name, but they were disregarded and a 2nd .nfo added. I can't seem to stop it.

For comparison, Friday the 13th Part II was fine.
-------------------
Attack on Titan Part 1 = listed as Attack on Titan in EMM
Attack on Titan Part 2 = listed as Attack on Titan in EMM
So, it showed that I had 2 items that were the same.

It's like the odd foreign and direct to video animated movies are the issue, as they are really "1" movie split into 2 released parts.
-----------------------
Might just be one of those things. I don't remember seeing this in other versions. TMDB kinda has a lot of odd versions of the above items. Maybe setting a match confidence higher would have helped me. Just something to be aware of. Smile
If I manually update the .nfo and images to the correct name and reload in EMM, it forces a re-scrape. Not sure how to get them to stick correctly.
------------------
Edit: Hunger Games Mockingjay Part 1 saves all info as Hunger Games Mockingjay. Same with Part 2. The info INSIDE the .nfo is fine though. Gotta be an EMM thing?
(2016-07-22, 03:20)McButton Wrote: If I manually update the .nfo and images to the correct name and reload in EMM, it forces a re-scrape. Not sure how to get them to stick correctly.
------------------
Edit: Hunger Games Mockingjay Part 1 saves all info as Hunger Games Mockingjay. Same with Part 2. The info INSIDE the .nfo is fine though. Gotta be an EMM thing?

I had the same problem with "Hunger Games Mockingjay Part 1" and I've just renamed it to "Hunger Games Mockingjay Part I".
Image Image
(2016-07-22, 12:34)redglory Wrote:
(2016-07-22, 03:20)McButton Wrote: If I manually update the .nfo and images to the correct name and reload in EMM, it forces a re-scrape. Not sure how to get them to stick correctly.
------------------

I had the same problem with "Hunger Games Mockingjay Part 1" and I've just renamed it to "Hunger Games Mockingjay Part I".

That's an issue with the file stacking regex of Kodi that we use. I've checked the Kodi source code and seen that they made much more checks if a file has to be stacked or not. I think that needs much more time to fix/change than I thought.

Als workaround you can add your own regex for file stacking to Ember's AdvancedSettings.xml:
Code:
<Setting Section="*EmberAPP" Content="None" Name="FileStacking" DefaultValue="">(.*?)([ _.-]*(?:cd|dvd|p(?:ar)?t|dis[ck])[ _.-]*[0-9]+)(.*?)(\.[^.]+)$</Setting>

Try to create a better regex for your situation on https://regex101.com/

It's important that the regex has 4 groups!

I try to fix that as soon is possible.
Answer for link and link:

The latest Alpha version supports sources that contains only one show, but there are some restrictions:
- a source can't be a directory that is inside of another source
- a source can't be a driectroy that contains another source
- each tv show has to have his "main" folder directly inside the source directory (exept a directory is set as source with only one tv show)

The reason is that Ember has many tools to rename and move files and directories. It's not possible (or too much effort) to code all this functions without anything goes wrong.
The different between Kodi and Ember is, that Kodi add each parent/sub directory as own database entry that can be set to an own "source". Ember is not able to so that.

Expert settings:
I will try to add an option to set custom Actorthumbs, Extrafanarts and Extrathumbs paths. Will be implemented in one of our next Alpha releases.

Missing Episode 1.nfo:
I've no idea why this file is missing...

ExtraBanners, ExtraClearArts...
For most image sources (like TMDB, Fanart.tv) it's not allowed to fetch all images per default. Also Kodi does only support Extrafanarts and Extrathumbs, so it don't make sense to fetch more than one image for all other image types.

<showtitle>
It's not possible to use <showtitle> for file naming. The reason is that we only know the show title if we have readed the tv show NFO. If you set <showtitle>.nfo as NFO path, we are not able to find the file because we need the file to get the tv show title... do you understand? ;-)
(2016-07-22, 13:24)DanCooper Wrote: Answer for link and link:

The latest Alpha version supports sources that contains only one show, but there are some restrictions:
- a source can't be a directory that is inside of another source
- a source can't be a driectroy that contains another source
- each tv show has to have his "main" folder directly inside the source directory (exept a directory is set as source with only one tv show)

The reason is that Ember has many tools to rename and move files and directories. It's not possible (or too much effort) to code all this functions without anything goes wrong.
The different between Kodi and Ember is, that Kodi add each parent/sub directory as own database entry that can be set to an own "source". Ember is not able to so that.

Expert settings:
I will try to add an option to set custom Actorthumbs, Extrafanarts and Extrathumbs paths. Will be implemented in one of our next Alpha releases.

Missing Episode 1.nfo:
I've no idea why this file is missing...

ExtraBanners, ExtraClearArts...
For most image sources (like TMDB, Fanart.tv) it's not allowed to fetch all images per default. Also Kodi does only support Extrafanarts and Extrathumbs, so it don't make sense to fetch more than one image for all other image types.

<showtitle>
It's not possible to use <showtitle> for file naming. The reason is that we only know the show title if we have readed the tv show NFO. If you set <showtitle>.nfo as NFO path, we are not able to find the file because we need the file to get the tv show title... do you understand? ;-)
@DanCooper
Thank you for your reply, for answering all of my concerns, and for pointing me towards the right thread.
I've solved the issue of missing episode1.nfo (all shows usually require re-scraping for some reason)

And I've understood the problem of <showtitle>
However, it made me think of a workaround.

Workaround for <showtitle>:
Won't it be possible to use the show folder name that contains the show instead of the showtitle.nfo that will be parsed at a later time?
Usually the original folder name that contain the show has the same name as the show title (that's how ember scrapes all the shows files), so won't it be possible to use for example the show <foldername>/<sourcename> instead of the <showtitle>?

If it's possible to use the folder name that contains the show then it will solve the problem of not having the show title in expert settings (I actually prefer the name of the folder more than the showtitle) and anyone will be able to use eg: "/Metadata/<foldername>-banner.png". And many different use cases for <foldername> comes to mind for my use-cases in organizing folders.

EDIT:
Screenshot for better explanation:

Image > Image > Image

I hope I made sense!
Thanks again!
The only problem with that is that you have to previously rename your movies/tvshows.

sent from my Nexus4
Image Image
(2016-07-22, 14:30)redglory Wrote: The only problem with that is that you have to previously rename your movies/tvshows.

sent from my Nexus4

The name we have for the shows is usually already correct or good enough, that's why Ember can fetch everything easily.
Something strange happens when I update the library:
I have a few textfiles in the root of the library path and everytime I click "update library", these files are each moved into a subfolder with the same name as the textfile. I noticed it first since alpa 18 but it might have been going on much longer. Updating to alpha 20 doesn't solve the issue.

Anyone knows what is going on?
I think all righthtinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired.
(2016-07-22, 19:03)PH-SYM Wrote: Something strange happens when I update the library:
I have a few textfiles in the root of the library path and everytime I click "update library", these files are each moved into a subfolder with the same name as the textfile. I noticed it first since alpa 18 but it might have been going on much longer. Updating to alpha 20 doesn't solve the issue.

Anyone knows what is going on?

Yes, I know the reason: it's a new safety function for sources that has set to "Each Movie is in an own folder". But it also have a bug :-(

Ember move movies that are directly stored in the source directory to an own folder to prevent issues with renamer (it was possible that the renamer has renamed the source directory if the movie was saved in the source directory).
The bug is that Ember move all files in a separate folder and not only movie files. Will be fixed in Alpha 21.
  • 42(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread2