• 54(current)
WIP Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread
(2016-09-29, 17:52)DanCooper Wrote:
(2016-09-29, 17:49)solamnic Wrote: Hey Dan...

Any plans to include "Set" field in movie window ?

Planned since years.... ;-)

haha pro... Nod
Just took another attempt to update to 1.4.8 with fresh install. I like it very much. Well done!

A few questions:

1) Is trailer scraping working? If so, which of the trailer sources?

2) NFO files don't work for movies with "part 1" in the file name, which are not multi-part movies (e.g., Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 (2010).nfo). I assume there is some setting to fix this, but I cannot find it.

3) Is the "Kodi Interface" working and what does it do?

4) Any major known bugs that I should be aware of?

Thanks!
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
(2016-10-01, 06:57)steve1977 Wrote: Just took another attempt to update to 1.4.8 with fresh install. I like it very much. Well done!

A few questions:

1) Is trailer scraping working? If so, which of the trailer sources?

2) NFO files don't work for movies with "part 1" in the file name, which are not multi-part movies (e.g., Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 (2010).nfo). I assume there is some setting to fix this, but I cannot find it.

3) Is the "Kodi Interface" working and what does it do?

4) Any major known bugs that I should be aware of?

Thanks!

1) All trailer scrapers should be working. As a german user I whould use VideoBuster, as a english use i whould use Apple.

2) Known bug, should be fixed in one of our next Alpha releases. As workaround check this: Link

3) The Kodi Interface can sync all informations and images between Ember and Kodi. It's no longer needed to reload an item manually in Kodi if you change something in Ember. Also KI adds all unsupported images like ClearLogo or DiscArt and all MovieSet images.

4) the biggest bug is point 2), all other things are working in most cases. Latest Alpha 23 has a bug with runtime (is always 0 since new MediaInfo version), but that will be fixed in Alpha 24.
Hey Guys,

I haven't added any TV Shows in a while and just did...running the latest X64 Alpha version. My dir structure is this:

Family Guy / Season 15 / Family Guy - S15E01 - Title

I've always done this and it's been fine. Just now, when updating my library in Ember, it showed the seasons themselves in the title field rather than recognizing the added
shows within the existing show listing and just adding the seasons and/or episodes. I tried just scraping them again, but it created a whole new entry for, in this case, Family Guy,
rather than putting the new episodes together with my existing Family Guy listing.

Any ideas?

Really appreciate it!
(2016-10-02, 00:18)noonan2678 Wrote: Hey Guys,

I haven't added any TV Shows in a while and just did...running the latest X64 Alpha version. My dir structure is this:

Family Guy / Season 15 / Family Guy - S15E01 - Title

I've always done this and it's been fine. Just now, when updating my library in Ember, it showed the seasons themselves in the title field rather than recognizing the added
shows within the existing show listing and just adding the seasons and/or episodes. I tried just scraping them again, but it created a whole new entry for, in this case, Family Guy,
rather than putting the new episodes together with my existing Family Guy listing.

Any ideas?

Really appreciate it!
The path of a tv show source has always to be a path that contains tv show folders. If you want add a source that contains only one tv show you have the set the source settings to "contains only one tv show" and select the tv show path as source.
Can Ember support updating 2 Kodi instances at the same time using the same Ember database? So 2 different machines that have their own watched status but the underlying movie and TV show set should be identical.
(2016-10-02, 05:05)murkyl Wrote: Can Ember support updating 2 Kodi instances at the same time using the same Ember database? So 2 different machines that have their own watched status but the underlying movie and TV show set should be identical.
The Kodi Interface can update more than one Kodi clients, but the watched state will be overwriten with that one from Ember. But I think i can add a new option to disable playcount and lastplayed syncing for a host.
(2016-09-29, 06:03)lockbox Wrote: If you edit a TV season by changing the title (example, Season 1 to SomethingElse) and add a Plot, is it supposed to be saved to one of the NFO files?

That info will be saved in tvshow.nfo, but only at the next time you edit the show. Maybe I can improve that.
(2016-10-02, 11:53)DanCooper Wrote:
(2016-09-29, 06:03)lockbox Wrote: If you edit a TV season by changing the title (example, Season 1 to SomethingElse) and add a Plot, is it supposed to be saved to one of the NFO files?

That info will be saved in tvshow.nfo, but only at the next time you edit the show. Maybe I can improve that.

Does Kodi see season info? If you use Emby it creates a season.nfo inside the season folder, if Kodi sees and read this it might be worth looking at doing that way
(2016-10-02, 13:57)komplex Wrote:
(2016-10-02, 11:53)DanCooper Wrote:

Does Kodi see season info? If you use Emby it creates a season.nfo inside the season folder, if Kodi sees and read this it might be worth looking at doing that way

Check this: Link

Kodi 16 and newer supports only season title in tvshow.nfo. But we use another XML schema to save all informations. It's always very difficult to tell the Kodi developers to add a new feature with all features ;-) I can't understand why they not also add plot support for seasons. But it's the same like some JSON methods. It's still not possible to get the ID of the "All Seasons" entry to change the images by JSON...
Ah, i thought it was strange because TMDB offers season info details https://developers.themoviedb.org/3/tv-seasons you'd think it would be something they'd want to add
(2016-10-02, 03:25)DanCooper Wrote: The path of a tv show source has always to be a path that contains tv show folders. If you want add a source that contains only one tv show you have the set the source settings to "contains only one tv show" and select the tv show path as source.

Thanks for the note. The reason I add the individual TV folders is that I use Plex as my front end and often will just drop individual shows into my main TV folder either for myself or for someone who has a log in to my server. That way, Plex picks them up and adds
to its library, but Ember doesn't see them.

Your note makes sense, but all of my TV sources have the "contains only one TV show" option greyed out. Any idea why?

Thanks again!
(2016-10-03, 01:53)noonan2678 Wrote:
(2016-10-02, 03:25)DanCooper Wrote: The path of a tv show source has always to be a path that contains tv show folders. If you want add a source that contains only one tv show you have the set the source settings to "contains only one tv show" and select the tv show path as source.

Thanks for the note. The reason I add the individual TV folders is that I use Plex as my front end and often will just drop individual shows into my main TV folder either for myself or for someone who has a log in to my server. That way, Plex picks them up and adds
to its library, but Ember doesn't see them.

Your note makes sense, but all of my TV sources have the "contains only one TV show" option greyed out. Any idea why?

Thanks again!
You can't change that option if the source is already created (safety and database reasons). You have to remove the source and re-add it with correct options.
(2016-10-03, 01:57)DanCooper Wrote: You can't change that option if the source is already created (safety and database reasons). You have to remove the source and re-add it with correct options.

Yuck...sucks. Ok, thanks for the info. Is there any other way to accomplish what I mentioned about adding individual show files to be picked up by Plex and not Ember?

Also, just odd since the separate folders worked fine as they are now until I updated to a recent version of EMM.
I'm having some issues with Ember picking up extra files. I sometimes keep miscellaneous files associated with a movie/TV show in a directory called .extra. Ember is picking this up and trying to make it into an actual Episode or movie sometimes.

I have the following in Settings -> Options -> File System -> Excluded Directories:
.extra
.extras
bdmv
stream

But they still show up. In one of my series I'm getting Season 1280 showing up because of this.
  • 54(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread2