• 63(current)
WIP Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread
(2017-01-08, 22:54)azido Wrote:
(2017-01-08, 22:31)DanCooper Wrote: Duration is not important for Kodi. Kodi use own informations anyway.

if Kodi database is filled from "local info only" scrapers (which it should when getting all important data in ember), it reads the incorrect duration from nfo files, which leads to wrong or missing info.

That's why i found this bug. In Kodi duration info is missing and kodi displays wrong ending time then.

kodi thinks this episode is 60 mins long, but it's 41 mins.
Kodi use the info from NFO only while adding the file ro database. After that Kodi analyse the file and overwrite it with his own values. That process whill be done in background or while playing the file. Just start and stop the episode and the duration should be fixed (maybe you have to leave and re-enter the list to get a fresh list from database).
(2017-01-08, 23:00)DanCooper Wrote: Kodi use the info from NFO only while adding the file ro database. After that Kodi analyse the file and overwrite it with his own values. That process whill be done in background or while playing the file. Just start and stop the episode and the duration should be fixed (maybe you have to leave and re-enter the list to get a fresh list from database).

Sometimes it's really that easy. Thank you, Dan Smile
cheers,azido :;):
Hi All,

Just a short question from a beginners side...

Under TV Series, if I don't want to download some type of images (for example the fanarts) how Am I supposed to do that? Should I check the "keep existing" option? I guess it works even if I don't have any fanart already saved...in fact, "keep existing" can be misleading in this particular case...

Thanks in advance for any help!
Light IMDb Ratings Update - Keep updated the IMDb ratings for your movies and TV shows.
In case you found useful my work, feel free to offer me a cappuccino!
(2017-01-10, 14:50)axlt2002 Wrote: Hi All,

Just a short question from a beginners side...

Under TV Series, if I don't want to download some type of images (for example the fanarts) how Am I supposed to do that? Should I check the "keep existing" option? I guess it works even if I don't have any fanart already saved...in fact, "keep existing" can be misleading in this particular case...

Thanks in advance for any help!

Settings => Movies/TV Shows => Files and Sources => File Naming
Just disable any image type that you don't want.
(2017-01-10, 14:56)DanCooper Wrote: Settings => Movies/TV Shows => Files and Sources => File Naming
Just disable any image type that you don't want.

Thanks a lot! Really simple at the end! Wink
Light IMDb Ratings Update - Keep updated the IMDb ratings for your movies and TV shows.
In case you found useful my work, feel free to offer me a cappuccino!
I'd like to put a request in to be able to change the Added Date of a movie.

If I replace a movie I generally prefer to have the original added date not the new media date.
(2017-01-12, 10:13)Chrolm Wrote: I'd like to put a request in to be able to change the Added Date of a movie.

If I replace a movie I generally prefer to have the original added date not the new media date.

How do you replace a movie? The old value should be saved in the NFO and re-used if you just replace the movie file.
I replace it with another media - DVD>Bluray for instance.
(2017-01-12, 10:58)Chrolm Wrote: I replace it with another media - DVD>Bluray for instance.

Ok, but HOW you replace it? Do you re-use the old NFO and images and only re-scan the metadata or do you delete all old content and add the new media like a new movie?
I add the new movie in a new dir (diff drive), then delete the old movie - rescan the new one. So yes - like adding a new movie.

I know you can copy over the old data (which is what I'm doing now), but it would just be simpler to not have to mess with copying files etc and just nuke the old one - add the new one and set the date back - simpler workflow. Hence the request. Smile
(2017-01-12, 11:48)Chrolm Wrote: I add the new movie in a new dir (diff drive), then delete the old movie - rescan the new one. So yes - like adding a new movie.

I know you can copy over the old data (which is what I'm doing now), but it would just be simpler to not have to mess with copying files etc and just nuke the old one - add the new one and set the date back - simpler workflow. Hence the request. Smile

Ok. That means that you just want an input field or something else to manually set another date? I can add that to the new Edit dialog. As workaround you can change the value in NFO after scraping and press F5 to reload the DateAdded from NFO.

I'm also working on a simply function to replace a movie/episode with a new media file. With this function you will be able to replace the old file (incl. subs) with a new one and keep the old images and scraped informations. Only the metadata will be rescanned.
Yes, a simple input field to set another date would be awesome - thanks for the F5 trick. Smile

The replacement function sounds cool...
With Kodi 17 reaching RC3, I was curious about progress on Ember.

Keep up the good work.
(2017-01-18, 06:34)ss4johnny Wrote: With Kodi 17 reaching RC3, I was curious about progress on Ember.

Keep up the good work.

I'm getting pretty good. But there is still much to be done.
Hi Dan,
It looks like and old problem, that had been resolved, is back again. I am getting a failure when I try to sync a movie with "Part 1" or "Part 2" in the file name. I went back through my EMM logs and the last time I saw this working was May 20, 2016. The first time it failed appears to be August 10, 2016. Sorry of the delay in reporting this but I didn't notice until I did a fresh install of Kodi and several movie's with this pattern (ie: Deathly Hallows) were not showing artwork. Multi-part movies are working.

If I rename the file so instead of "Part 2" is says "Part II" then the sync works.

Please let me know what info you would need to try and resolve the problem.

Thanks
  • 63(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread2