• 80(current)
WIP Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread
(2017-03-27, 12:10)axlt2002 Wrote:
(2017-03-27, 09:59)DanCooper Wrote: Do you have saved all your episodes directly in the tv show folder (same .actor folder for tv show and episodes)?

Again, all images, trailers, themes and NFOs will be resaved even if they don't have changed. The reason for that is: there is only one trigger: "need save to disc" and "don't save to disc".
Next Alpha version has more triggers and saves only content to disc, if it was enabled while scraping. But I still don't proof if the content has been changed or not.

Yes, is exactly that case: all my episodes are in the same folder and the .actors folder is "shared" between them...do you mean that I should create the Season folders to avoid the issue?

Ok, while waiting for the next alpha, I will just update the rule of the synchronization program by excluding the *.jpg files (I will have to manually copy the jpg files related to a new movie/tv show/episode).

A season folder can fix that problem, but I have to fix or change that anyway.
(2017-03-27, 13:09)DanCooper Wrote:
(2017-03-27, 12:10)axlt2002 Wrote:
(2017-03-27, 09:59)DanCooper Wrote: Do you have saved all your episodes directly in the tv show folder (same .actor folder for tv show and episodes)?

Again, all images, trailers, themes and NFOs will be resaved even if they don't have changed. The reason for that is: there is only one trigger: "need save to disc" and "don't save to disc".
Next Alpha version has more triggers and saves only content to disc, if it was enabled while scraping. But I still don't proof if the content has been changed or not.

Yes, is exactly that case: all my episodes are in the same folder and the .actors folder is "shared" between them...do you mean that I should create the Season folders to avoid the issue?

Ok, while waiting for the next alpha, I will just update the rule of the synchronization program by excluding the *.jpg files (I will have to manually copy the jpg files related to a new movie/tv show/episode).

A season folder can fix that problem, but I have to fix or change that anyway.

I would also prefer to have it fixed. This will avoid to have several .actors folders with almost the same actor photos inside.

Well, I think that we have put a lot of meat to be cooked! Smile Thanks in advance for your effort!
Light IMDb Ratings Update - Keep updated the IMDb ratings for your movies and TV shows.
In case you found useful my work, feel free to offer me a cappuccino!
(2017-03-26, 06:03)badbob001 Wrote: What is the logic behind where the trailer url comes from? I see trailer paths from media-imdb.com, totaleclips.com, and youtube. Some media-imdb.com trailers don't work as I get a access denied so I thought I would disable all trailer sources except youtube. Then I select a movie -> context menu -> rescrape single data field -> trailer. I would expect the path to change to either youtube or blank (for not found). But it stays as media-imdb.com.

Next I try to blank out the trailer field: context menu -> edit data field -> trailer url and set it to blank. Then I scape the trailer field and again it comes back with a media-imdb.com url. Maybe for trailers, you should have a similar interface for posters, where it'll show the ones it found and let you pick one.

Can anyone help with this?

Also, how do I find movies that are missing the trailer url? The missing items filter > trailer seem to only care about physically downloaded trailers and not just the trailer url. Perhaps 'trailer url' should be a separate filter item.
(2017-03-28, 17:41)badbob001 Wrote:
(2017-03-26, 06:03)badbob001 Wrote: What is the logic behind where the trailer url comes from? I see trailer paths from media-imdb.com, totaleclips.com, and youtube. Some media-imdb.com trailers don't work as I get a access denied so I thought I would disable all trailer sources except youtube. Then I select a movie -> context menu -> rescrape single data field -> trailer. I would expect the path to change to either youtube or blank (for not found). But it stays as media-imdb.com.

Next I try to blank out the trailer field: context menu -> edit data field -> trailer url and set it to blank. Then I scape the trailer field and again it comes back with a media-imdb.com url. Maybe for trailers, you should have a similar interface for posters, where it'll show the ones it found and let you pick one.

Can anyone help with this?

Also, how do I find movies that are missing the trailer url? The missing items filter > trailer seem to only care about physically downloaded trailers and not just the trailer url. Perhaps 'trailer url' should be a separate filter item.

Data-field-trailer and local trailer is not the same. ATM it's only possible to save trailer links from one of the data scrapers to NFO if you use the auto scraper. That means YouTube-Links from the TMDB scraper or direct links from the IMDB scraper.

All scrapers under Settings => Scraper-Trailers are only for local trailers and need to be downloaded.

ATM I can't share URLs between trailer scraper and data fields. That is something that will be changed in next full Alpha version.

There is one workaround to set an URL from a trailer scraper to NFO:
- open the Edit dialog
- click on the green + button in Details tab
- click the Scrape button
- select an entry and click on Set To NFO

Edit: and there is a filter to filter by "is empty/not empty" for data fields:

To my english speaking friends: I need the correct spelling for this options/settings:

Display Banner <= display or show? Means hide this image type in main windows or not
Display image dimensions <= display or show / dimensions or dimension or resolution
Display image name <= same same
(2017-03-28, 21:51)DanCooper Wrote: To my english speaking friends: I need the correct spelling for this options/settings:

Display Banner <= display or show? Means hide this image type in main windows or not
Display image dimensions <= display or show / dimensions or dimension or resolution

Display is more appropriate use for showing something is a specific place.
(2017-03-28, 21:51)DanCooper Wrote: To my english speaking friends: I need the correct spelling for this options/settings:

Display would be the correct term. On Image Dimensions (with S) or resolution, to me resolution makes more sense but either dimensions or resolution could be used.
Hi Dan,

Just to highlight you the following "issue" (maybe you are already aware of it).

In general, when saving the library from Kodi, the original .nfo files are overwritten. I have noticed that the format used in such .nfo files differs from the one used by EMM. In particular ratings are written in a different way so that if I reload the .nfo file in EMM these are just missing. In addition to that, some information that are available in the .nfo file generated by EMM (e.g. releasedate, id of TMDB, etc.) are just lost: maybe Kodi doesn't recognize them and when saving back the .nfo files, it just doesn't write them.

Do you think you can syncronize with the developers of Kodi to use a common format for the .nfo files so that such issues can be avoided?
Light IMDb Ratings Update - Keep updated the IMDb ratings for your movies and TV shows.
In case you found useful my work, feel free to offer me a cappuccino!
+1

in addition:

kodi (ATM) doesn't recognize "releasedate YY-MM-DD" only year ... it's a pity.

thanks
(2017-03-30, 10:23)axlt2002 Wrote: Hi Dan,

Just to highlight you the following "issue" (maybe you are already aware of it).

In general, when saving the library from Kodi, the original .nfo files are overwritten. I have noticed that the format used in such .nfo files differs from the one used by EMM. In particular ratings are written in a different way so that if I reload the .nfo file in EMM these are just missing. In addition to that, some information that are available in the .nfo file generated by EMM (e.g. releasedate, id of TMDB, etc.) are just lost: maybe Kodi doesn't recognize them and when saving back the .nfo files, it just doesn't write them.

Do you think you can syncronize with the developers of Kodi to use a common format for the .nfo files so that such issues can be avoided?
Good idea, but I've often tried to propose certain adjustments before a new Kodi release. Always unsuccessful. I just try to adjust as much as possible in Ember.

(2017-03-30, 13:19)orbtwin Wrote: +1

in addition:

kodi (ATM) doesn't recognize "releasedate YY-MM-DD" only year ... it's a pity.

thanks
I only can say "that's true" ;-)
Hi is it possible somehow for Ember to change the file modified date to current time, since I have Plex and when adding a new video with old file date it doesn't show up as new video?
(2017-04-05, 15:19)Bjur Wrote: Hi is it possible somehow for Ember to change the file modified date to current time, since I have Plex and when adding a new video with old file date it doesn't show up as new video?
No. Ember can only save the date to NFO. But maybe I can add something that changes the dates. Please open a new feature request on our tracker.
Thanks for quick reply. I have submitted it here:
http://embermediamanager.thebuggenie.com...ues/EMM-69
Hi again. I have updated to newest version but when I run
Ember Media Manager.exe -updatemovies -newauto -all

I doens't do what I want.
I want it to update library so new movies are recognized and scrape new movie.
It doesn't work.

In my old version this worked fine:
Ember Media Manager.exe" -newauto -all

Can you help please?
Alpga has changed the command line commands. Please check the pinned thread for Alpha commands.
  • 80(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread2