• 91(current)
WIP Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread
(2017-05-27, 14:54)axlt2002 Wrote:
(2017-04-10, 16:26)axlt2002 Wrote:
(2017-04-10, 16:13)DanCooper Wrote: Yes, and also movie NFOs.

I've no idea. I don't know the default value for the "default" field (true or false). Maybe the XML parser in Kodi adds the "default=true" id on the first position in DB. Maybe the <id> has the hogher priority while adding the DB, maybe the <id> will be ignored if <uniqueid> is available. I think only a Kodi dev or a look into the source code can answer your question...

Yes, I will add that also to the next version. But atm I don't have run any tests with this.

Thanks! Good news!

P.S.: Honestly, about "default" (btw is present even in the ratings), I don't think is going to make any particular difference for me Wink

EDIT:

I've just made a trial: the node that has default = true, is the one that will be used as <id> in the Kodi Library. Smile

Hi Dan,

Just to know if the two formats for ids and votes will be part of the next release of EMM and when it will be available. I'm just asking because I have started to modify manually all my .nfo files to adapt to the new ids format...but such operation is going to make me crazy soon!!!! Confused

UniqueID will be partially implemented in forthcoming version 1.5 Beta.
It's a write only implementation, import from NFO will be ignored. The nodes <id>, <imdb>, <tmdb> and <tvdb> will still be writed and readed.
Default uniqueid will be:
- imdb for movies
- tvdb for episodes and tv shows

New <ratings> node will be implemented in version 2.x
Just started using EMM for two instances of Kodi Interface for my living room and basement setup. Is there any good practices should know about when trying to manage both of them? Mainly for trying to get watch status? I see you can only set one in the get watched state but we watch different shows/movies.

During a scrape or update, does both kodi setups report watched states?
HTPC Basement: i3 3225, Asrock z77 pro4m, 8gb Crucial DDR3 1600, Samsung 840 120gb SSD, Silverstone GD05B Case

HTPC Livingroom: WIP

Server: UnRaid: Intel G550, Asrock B75 pro3m, 4gb ram, Parity Drive 3tb WD Red, Data 2 x 2tb WD Red, Cache 1tb WD Blue, Fractal Design XL R2 Case
(2017-05-29, 16:39)AnthonyJS02 Wrote: Just started using EMM for two instances of Kodi Interface for my living room and basement setup. Is there any good practices should know about when trying to manage both of them? Mainly for trying to get watch status? I see you can only set one in the get watched state but we watch different shows/movies.

If both use the same source I don't think it's possible with Ember
But you can setup two accounts on Trakt and sync to each location, with Kodi add-on
(2017-05-29, 16:39)AnthonyJS02 Wrote: Just started using EMM for two instances of Kodi Interface for my living room and basement setup. Is there any good practices should know about when trying to manage both of them? Mainly for trying to get watch status? I see you can only set one in the get watched state but we watch different shows/movies.

No MySQL setup for Kodi?
(2017-05-29, 17:47)DanCooper Wrote:

No MySQL setup for Kodi?

Havent ever looked into it, always just used trakt in past just wondering if there was another option.
HTPC Basement: i3 3225, Asrock z77 pro4m, 8gb Crucial DDR3 1600, Samsung 840 120gb SSD, Silverstone GD05B Case

HTPC Livingroom: WIP

Server: UnRaid: Intel G550, Asrock B75 pro3m, 4gb ram, Parity Drive 3tb WD Red, Data 2 x 2tb WD Red, Cache 1tb WD Blue, Fractal Design XL R2 Case
(2017-05-29, 21:09)AnthonyJS02 Wrote:
(2017-05-29, 17:47)DanCooper Wrote:

No MySQL setup for Kodi?

Havent ever looked into it, always just used trakt in past just wondering if there was another option.
If you use more than one Kodi client it's very usefull to use MySQL instead of two local databases. With MySQL both ore more clients use the same state. So it's not important which one you use with Ember or from wich one you get the watched state.... It's always the same data.
Just make sure you use exactly the same Kodi version so that you don't have problems with DB versions

Enviado do meu Nexus 4 através de Tapatalk
Image Image
(2017-05-29, 21:14)DanCooper Wrote: It's always the same data.
And that's what OP says he don't want
He want different watch state on two installations of KODI and at least I don't understand how MySQL gonna help him or Ember for that matter.
If the watch state is in Embers DB and you sync, it will end up in KODI db also, whatever db you use

I can have misunderstood the question but what do I know Huh
(2017-05-30, 01:23)T-bird_se Wrote:
He want different watch state on two installations of KODI and at least I don't understand how MySQL gonna help him or Ember for that matter.
If the watch state is in Embers DB and you sync, it will end up in KODI db also, whatever db you use

Read this in opposite way as Dan, but you are correct.

He wants different watched status on different kodi instances so he has to have 2 different DBs.
Image Image
(2017-05-30, 02:15)redglory Wrote:
(2017-05-30, 01:23)T-bird_se Wrote:

Read this in opposite way as Dan, but you are correct.

He wants different watched status on different kodi instances so he has to have 2 different DBs.

Make no sense to use multiple databases with different watched states and then sync both states to Ember. The Kodi Interface do sync the state to all Kodi clients after getting the state if RealTimeSync is enabled. I think he used Trakt to sync both clients to ONE Trakt account to sync the watched state on both clients from time to time. But maybe I'm wrong...
Wink 
(2017-05-17, 13:45)DanCooper Wrote:
(2017-05-17, 13:18)Bjur Wrote: Okay thanks I will consider what to do. But are the BETA working absolutely fine and still have many of the same things as the alpha?

The 1.4.7.x Beta is WAYS back in development and no longer supported. I thought you wanted to use an older alpha version that worked for you.

I've to change our (crappy) version designations to help the users to understand which one is working or stable as possible.

Next release will be called 1.5.0 Beta (will be released in next 10-14 days).
That means all features are possible features has been implemented, so we have feature freezed state and I will only fix very bad issues they need to be fixed.

I'm already working on Ember v.2.0 that has been reworked at most of all core funktions, core code and modules/addons. A part of the features that I've promised for Alpha 24 will be only included in the first 2.x release. Sorry for that, but I did not expect it needs so many changes and optimizations.
It is absolutely nonsense to add new features and fix the same errors and problems on two versions.

At the moment, I'm just updating the bug tracker and adding all the steps to the milestones, so you have a little overview of the current state.

Cant wait for the release, checking every day Smile
(2017-05-30, 12:24)shwetkprabhat Wrote: Cant wait for the release, checking every day Smile

Big Grin
I just discovered Ember Media Manager two days ago, and I'm loving it so far, I been using Media Center Master for two years but Ember feels smarter when scrapping the movies, it needs less user interaction, the only thing that I still haven't figured out is how to add an additional poster image with the exact name as the movie file for other players and DLNA purposes. Does anyone know how?
(2017-05-31, 19:31)abescalamis Wrote: I just discovered Ember Media Manager two days ago, and I'm loving it so far, I been using Media Center Master for two years but Ember feels smarter when scrapping the movies, it needs less user interaction, the only thing that I still haven't figured out is how to add an additional poster image with the exact name as the movie file for other players and DLNA purposes. Does anyone know how?

You can add own file names under Settings => Movies => Fiels and Sources => File Naming => Expert. Just add <filename>.jpg in the "Poster" field.
Hi Dan,
I'm having issues downloading a few TV thumbs.
Is this issue with TVDB or Ember or my internet connection? Smile Smile
Thanks!

Right click -> Rescrape Epsiode -> Right click thumb and click Select Image in popup window -> OK -> OK
Code:
2017-05-31 22:03:56.2305,EmberAPI.HTTP,EmberAPI.HTTP.DownloadImage,73,ERROR,DownloadImage    <http://thetvdb.com/banners/episodes/194031/6043145.jpg>,"EXCEPTION OCCURRED:System.ArgumentException: Parameter is not valid.
   at System.Drawing.Bitmap..ctor(Stream stream)
   at EmberAPI.HTTP.DownloadImage()*   at System.Drawing.Bitmap..ctor(Stream stream)
   at EmberAPI.HTTP.DownloadImage()"
2017-05-31 22:03:56.4895,EmberAPI.HTTP,EmberAPI.HTTP.DownloadImage,26,ERROR,DownloadImage    <http://thetvdb.com/banners/episodes/194031/6043145.jpg>,"EXCEPTION OCCURRED:System.ArgumentException: Parameter is not valid.
   at EmberAPI.HTTP.DownloadImage()*   at System.Drawing.Bitmap..ctor(Stream stream)
2017-05-31 22:03:57.9573,EmberAPI.HTTP,EmberAPI.HTTP.DownloadImage,53,ERROR,DownloadImage    <http://thetvdb.com/banners/episodes/194031/6043145.jpg>,"EXCEPTION OCCURRED:System.ArgumentException: Parameter is not valid.

Right click -> Rescrape Selected Episodes -> any option -> All items
Code:
2017-05-31 22:01:18.9781,EmberAPI.HTTP,EmberAPI.HTTP.DownloadImage,20,ERROR,DownloadImage    <http://thetvdb.com/banners/episodes/194031/6043145.jpg>,"EXCEPTION OCCURRED:System.ArgumentException: Parameter is not valid.
2017-05-31 22:01:19.6123,EmberAPI.HTTP,EmberAPI.HTTP.DownloadImage,73,ERROR,DownloadImage    <http://thetvdb.com/banners/actors/239931.jpg>,"EXCEPTION OCCURRED:System.Net.WebException: The request was aborted: The request was canceled.
   at System.Net.ConnectStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
   at System.IO.Stream.InternalCopyTo(Stream destination, Int32 bufferSize)
   at EmberAPI.HTTP.DownloadImage()*   at System.Net.ConnectStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
   at System.IO.Stream.InternalCopyTo(Stream destination, Int32 bufferSize)
4x R-Pi4b LibreELEC v10 | Aeon Nox: SiLVO | Flirc cases
Storage Synology DS411 | 4 x WD RED 6TB
Software MariaDB 10.4.19 | Filebot | Ember Media Manager
wiki (wiki) | First time user (wiki) | Debug_Log (wiki) | mysql (wiki) | artwork (wiki)
  • 91(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread2