• 92(current)
WIP Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread
(2017-05-31, 23:12)zerocool_ie Wrote: Hi Dan,
I'm having issues downloading a few TV thumbs.
Is this issue with TVDB or Ember or my internet connection? Smile Smile
Thanks!

Right click -> Rescrape Epsiode -> Right click thumb and click Select Image in popup window -> OK -> OK
Code:
2017-05-31 22:03:56.2305,EmberAPI.HTTP,EmberAPI.HTTP.DownloadImage,73,ERROR,DownloadImage    <http://thetvdb.com/banners/episodes/194031/6043145.jpg>,"EXCEPTION OCCURRED:System.ArgumentException: Parameter is not valid.
   at System.Drawing.Bitmap..ctor(Stream stream)
   at EmberAPI.HTTP.DownloadImage()*   at System.Drawing.Bitmap..ctor(Stream stream)
   at EmberAPI.HTTP.DownloadImage()"
2017-05-31 22:03:56.4895,EmberAPI.HTTP,EmberAPI.HTTP.DownloadImage,26,ERROR,DownloadImage    <http://thetvdb.com/banners/episodes/194031/6043145.jpg>,"EXCEPTION OCCURRED:System.ArgumentException: Parameter is not valid.
   at EmberAPI.HTTP.DownloadImage()*   at System.Drawing.Bitmap..ctor(Stream stream)
2017-05-31 22:03:57.9573,EmberAPI.HTTP,EmberAPI.HTTP.DownloadImage,53,ERROR,DownloadImage    <http://thetvdb.com/banners/episodes/194031/6043145.jpg>,"EXCEPTION OCCURRED:System.ArgumentException: Parameter is not valid.

Right click -> Rescrape Selected Episodes -> any option -> All items
Code:
2017-05-31 22:01:18.9781,EmberAPI.HTTP,EmberAPI.HTTP.DownloadImage,20,ERROR,DownloadImage    <http://thetvdb.com/banners/episodes/194031/6043145.jpg>,"EXCEPTION OCCURRED:System.ArgumentException: Parameter is not valid.
2017-05-31 22:01:19.6123,EmberAPI.HTTP,EmberAPI.HTTP.DownloadImage,73,ERROR,DownloadImage    <http://thetvdb.com/banners/actors/239931.jpg>,"EXCEPTION OCCURRED:System.Net.WebException: The request was aborted: The request was canceled.
   at System.Net.ConnectStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
   at System.IO.Stream.InternalCopyTo(Stream destination, Int32 bufferSize)
   at EmberAPI.HTTP.DownloadImage()*   at System.Net.ConnectStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
   at System.IO.Stream.InternalCopyTo(Stream destination, Int32 bufferSize)

Can you show the images that has been logged in your webbrowser?
(2017-05-31, 23:17)DanCooper Wrote: Can you show the images that has been logged in your webbrowser?

Yep, all load fine

EDIT: Works now..
Must have been a temporary connection issue, or just plain PEBKAC! BlushBlush
Thanks for the quick reply Dan.
4x R-Pi4b LibreELEC v10 | Aeon Nox: SiLVO | Flirc cases
Storage Synology DS411 | 4 x WD RED 6TB
Software MariaDB 10.4.19 | Filebot | Ember Media Manager
wiki (wiki) | First time user (wiki) | Debug_Log (wiki) | mysql (wiki) | artwork (wiki)
(2017-05-31, 23:25)zerocool_ie Wrote:
(2017-05-31, 23:17)DanCooper Wrote: Can you show the images that has been logged in your webbrowser?

Yep, all load fine

Damn Big Grin
I will take a look at this later, me food is just ready to eat.
Bobs Burgers S?E? ?
Smile 
(2017-05-17, 13:45)DanCooper Wrote:
(2017-05-17, 13:18)Bjur Wrote: Okay thanks I will consider what to do. But are the BETA working absolutely fine and still have many of the same things as the alpha?

The 1.4.7.x Beta is WAYS back in development and no longer supported. I thought you wanted to use an older alpha version that worked for you.

I've to change our (crappy) version designations to help the users to understand which one is working or stable as possible.

Next release will be called 1.5.0 Beta (will be released in next 10-14 days).
That means all features are possible features has been implemented, so we have feature freezed state and I will only fix very bad issues they need to be fixed.

I'm already working on Ember v.2.0 that has been reworked at most of all core funktions, core code and modules/addons. A part of the features that I've promised for Alpha 24 will be only included in the first 2.x release. Sorry for that, but I did not expect it needs so many changes and optimizations.
It is absolutely nonsense to add new features and fix the same errors and problems on two versions.

At the moment, I'm just updating the bug tracker and adding all the steps to the milestones, so you have a little overview of the current state.

Any update on beta release
Ember has been very slow to start up (over 2 minutes) since upgrading to 1.4.8.0 Alpha 23.3 x64.

I select my profile, then the splash screen status message just sticks at "Select profile", like it's not moving on to the next phase of startup. I'm not sure if it just takes a really long time to load a profile, or if it's doing something else without updating the status message.

I've tried removing my profile and starting afresh, which speeded things up, but it's back to being slow once I've added sources, even without having run "update library", so the library is empty.

I'm running on Windows 8.1 in VMWare Fusion on a Mac, with two sources on drives shared from the Mac and two mounted over SMB from a DroboFS, so there are plenty of opportunities for bizarre behaviour here :)

Is there a way I can see what it's sticking on?

(The notifications' "slide in" animation is really slow in VMWare, too — it would be great if there was an option to skip the animation and have them just appear and disappear, as I have to disable notifications completely at the moment…)

Update: it's similarly slow to load the settings, especially if it's scraping stuff in the background. Even without a scrape in progress, it takes about 20-30 seconds to open the settings window — it should be instant!

Right now I'm rescraping the Premiered date for all 126 TV shows as many are wrong. I've tried to open the settings window while this has been happening and I've been looking at the words "Loading Settings" for FIVE MINUTES with no indication of when the window will appear — and I've now forgotten why I wanted to open the wretched thing in the first place! Meanwhile, the Kodi Interface Task Manager shows 487 pending tasks. (I would have expected a maximum of 126 if it's just rewriting the .nfo, but it appears to be re-uploading all the images to Kodi too. Fortunately, I wanted to do that anyway, but it seems an awful lot of extra work to just change a date!)

Is it giving priority to these background tasks over the foreground task of displaying the settings window? That foreground task should have been pushed to the front of the queue, with background tasks being temporarily suspended if the foreground task is taking too long, shouldn't it? Or is the scrape locking the settings dialog, in which case it would be more user-friendly to display a message saying "cannot change settings while a scrape is in progress" and then return control to the user.

Sorry, if the above sounds rather irritable, but I've been trying to sort out various outdated metadata (like half the Premiered dates being wrong because TVDB seems to have sent back 1969-12-31 rather than an empty field when it doesn't know the right date) and it's taken nearly a day so far…
Hi Dan,

I have an issue when clicking the TV Shows tab, I always get the splitters to reset the position after each restart of Ember. Is there a way to make them stick between sessions? I see that my prefered positions is saved in the config (GeneralSplitterDistanceTVShow and GeneralSplitterDistanceTVSeason) but they do not seems to be read when restarting Ember. I hope you understand what I mean otherwise I can post a screenshot. Thanks for a great program.
(2017-06-05, 12:11)Klinker Wrote: Hi Dan,

I have an issue when clicking the TV Shows tab, I always get the splitters to reset the position after each restart of Ember. Is there a way to make them stick between sessions? I see that my prefered positions is saved in the config (GeneralSplitterDistanceTVShow and GeneralSplitterDistanceTVSeason) but they do not seems to be read when restarting Ember. I hope you understand what I mean otherwise I can post a screenshot. Thanks for a great program.

Already known and nothing you can do, but manually move slider each time. I believe he said it was to be fixed in next beta.
(2017-06-05, 19:23)Fail$tyle420 Wrote:
(2017-06-05, 12:11)Klinker Wrote: Hi Dan,

Already known and nothing you can do, but manually move slider each time. I believe he said it was to be fixed in next beta.

Yes, I know, that's a really annoying bug. The entries in settings.xml will be readed, but sometimes Windows Forms / .NET says, that value can't be restored and Ember does a fallback to a default value. Will try aggain to fix that, I think I've an idea how I can fix it.
(2017-05-23, 09:46)tr0nllam Wrote: I know you've mentioned in the past that the IMDB TV Scraper is slow because you have to parse each individual webpage to get the data, but I may have a better solution.

Instead of going to each episode page to scrape the data, would using http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2661044/epdate and http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2661044/epcast be quicker? The first URL lists the episode ratings for the entire series, while the second URL has the episode numbers, title, cast list, episode data, and plot summary for each episode on one single page.

Along with the main series page, that should allow you to scrape all the data without having to load a new webpage for every episode.

Thx, I will check that for shure!
Thanks for all the work on this.

I just started getting a maximum number of queries to Tmdb error when scraping a TV show. It just shuts down Ember. I have only scraped a few items in the last week and didn't realize there was a limit at all.
This happens both with the embedded and my own API key.

Any ideas? Thanks!
Decided to finally take the plunge and upgrade EMM last night from 1.4.7.2 to 1.4.8.0 x64. It went pretty smoothly except for the fact that none of the artwork now shows up in the preview pane no matter what show, season, or episode I have highlighted. All of the info shows up but the graphics area is just grey with the rating and genre boxes showing. Am I missing a setting somewhere?

Also, if I rescrape a show is there an easy way to go through and pick the art for each season like we were able to do in 1.4.7.2 or do I have to double click on each season?
(2017-06-06, 16:19)Yousty Wrote: Decided to finally take the plunge and upgrade EMM last night from 1.4.7.2 to 1.4.8.0 x64. It went pretty smoothly except for the fact that none of the artwork now shows up in the preview pane no matter what show, season, or episode I have highlighted. All of the info shows up but the graphics area is just grey with the rating and genre boxes showing. Am I missing a setting somewhere?

Also, if I rescrape a show is there an easy way to go through and pick the art for each season like we were able to do in 1.4.7.2 or do I have to double click on each season?

Does your artwork names match the configuration you have?
Image Image
(2017-06-06, 15:30)noonan2678 Wrote: Thanks for all the work on this.

I just started getting a maximum number of queries to Tmdb error when scraping a TV show. It just shuts down Ember. I have only scraped a few items in the last week and didn't realize there was a limit at all.
This happens both with the embedded and my own API key.

Any ideas? Thanks!

The limit is 30 API calls in 10 seconds. If you reach this limit, you have wait 30 seconds.
In theory, the TMDB API should wait and not crash if the limit has been reached. I have to check that.
(2017-06-06, 16:42)DanCooper Wrote: The limit is 30 API calls in 10 seconds. If you reach this limit, you have wait 30 seconds.
In theory, the TMDB API should wait and not crash if the limit has been reached. I have to check that.

Thanks. Weird though as there's no way I had that many. It's the only show I tried to scrape today, let alone in 10 seconds.
Could something else be broken there?

I posted on the TMDB support forums as well.
(2017-06-06, 16:19)Yousty Wrote: Decided to finally take the plunge and upgrade EMM last night from 1.4.7.2 to 1.4.8.0 x64. It went pretty smoothly except for the fact that none of the artwork now shows up in the preview pane no matter what show, season, or episode I have highlighted. All of the info shows up but the graphics area is just grey with the rating and genre boxes showing. Am I missing a setting somewhere?

Nvm, I figured out my problem! None of the Display Art boxes were checked under Settings -> General -> Main Window subsection.

That still leaves my second question though. Is there no easy way to choose season art when doing a rescrape anymore? In 1.4.7.2 it showed a file tree on the left when you did a TV Show rescrape that would let you choose the art for everything but now it appears you can only choose art for the top level.
  • 92(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread2