• 104(current)
WIP Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread
(2017-07-26, 19:52)fubar013 Wrote: As for my extrafanarts...well..I've got the room, and I like artwork, so why not all the artworks? Rofl

Maybe you have the room... But the image hosters like Fanart.tv and TMDB are already struggling with traffic that been created by "normal" use. If now all users always download useless images, then the servers are often overloaded.
(2017-07-26, 22:22)DanCooper Wrote:
(2017-07-26, 19:52)fubar013 Wrote: As for my extrafanarts...well..I've got the room, and I like artwork, so why not all the artworks? Rofl

Maybe you have the room... But the image hosters like Fanart.tv and TMDB are already struggling with traffic that been created by "normal" use. If now all users always download useless images, then the servers are often overloaded.
Dan I think you could just limit max artwork in order to reduce API calls. 5 would be optimal in my opinion

Enviado do meu Nexus 4 através de Tapatalk
Image Image
(2017-07-26, 17:47)T-bird_se Wrote:
(2017-07-26, 17:13)fred_gaou Wrote: In movies tab, despite the mouse resize cursor on hover there is no way to resize the title column. It is annoying when you set other columns to display like "original title". Resize the movies list panel doesn't help. This issue exists in v1.4.7.2 x86 as well as in v1.4.8.0-alpha23.3 x64 on Windows 10.

You have to expand the hole list section to the right

Ok but it doesn't make the title column re-sizable for all that. It still annoying because even if you can see the titles expanded with this method, you can end up with "original title" column next to it too shrunk and you can do nothing about it.

It is a bug since it is designed to be resized but the mouse does nothing.
  • Windows 10 x64
  • Kodi 17.6

Yeah, but in all fairness they shouldn't provide more than X amount then. They have them accessible, people are gonna access them. I donate every few months to fanart and even if I didn't, I wouldn't presume that I shouldn't download something due to THEIR bandwidth. Most of the movies don't even have 25 images(fanart that is), so even having something like 99 literally won't cause problems.
(2017-07-26, 22:50)fred_gaou Wrote:
(2017-07-26, 17:47)T-bird_se Wrote:
(2017-07-26, 17:13)fred_gaou Wrote: In movies tab, despite the mouse resize cursor on hover there is no way to resize the title column. It is annoying when you set other columns to display like "original title". Resize the movies list panel doesn't help. This issue exists in v1.4.7.2 x86 as well as in v1.4.8.0-alpha23.3 x64 on Windows 10.

You have to expand the hole list section to the right

Ok but it doesn't make the title column re-sizable for all that. It still annoying because even if you can see the titles expanded with this method, you can end up with "original title" column next to it too shrunk and you can do nothing about it.

It is a bug since it is designed to be resized but the mouse does nothing.

Oh, looks like I've to change the "Title" column to not-resizable to remove the resize icon ;-)
I've changed some settings for the main media list for next release. If you want you can already test it with a "nightly" build of Ember: Link (it's not an official build)

To explain the problem:
We need one column that can be expand or shrinked automatically to fill the whole panel width. Otherwise you always have to adjust one column width to the panel wide. That's the Title column in our case.
All columns have a minimum width. If the list is gettinging smaller than the summation of all minimum width, a horizontal scroll bar will be showed.
With the exception of the title columns, all columns should adapt to the content. That is partially brocken in latest official release, but will be fixed in next release.
I've removed the higher font size and bold settings for new, marked an all other status to get the column autosize working as expected.

Please try it with the nightly or next release and report again with screenshot if it does not work for you.
(2017-07-26, 23:16)Fail$tyle420 Wrote:

Yeah, but in all fairness they shouldn't provide more than X amount then. They have them accessible, people are gonna access them. I donate every few months to fanart and even if I didn't, I wouldn't presume that I shouldn't download something due to THEIR bandwidth. Most of the movies don't even have 25 images(fanart that is), so even having something like 99 literally won't cause problems.

Yeah, that's true.
Nevertheless, one should proceed reasonably at the download. It's the same as the file names: many users simply activate all, so they do not have to worry about what they need. As I said before: why should I download more than 4 extrathumbs, although in Kodi no more than 4 are displayed? I am not doing either to myself or to the image providers a favor. It should not end with the API has to be limited. See Trakt.tv: they have removed all the images from the API, because 90% of the traffic (if I remember correctly) originated only through image downloads. Now all Trakt.tv users loads the pictures of Fanart.tv and the servers are now regularly overloaded.
Still lets you think you can resize tv shows and sets title column with latest git commit
(2017-07-27, 00:35)komplex Wrote: Still lets you think you can resize tv shows and sets title column with latest git commit

Yes, that I've removed just removed today: Github
But all other issues should be fixed in your latest build.

EDIT: also to all other lists: Github
(2017-07-27, 00:37)DanCooper Wrote: EDIT: also to all other lists: Github

That's the one :p
(2017-07-27, 00:46)komplex Wrote:
(2017-07-27, 00:37)DanCooper Wrote: EDIT: also to all other lists: Github

That's the one :p

Tongue
I should not program at this time... Big Grin I should go to bed, have to go back to work in 6h ...
When I lookup this movie: Arthur 3 The War of the Two Worlds

EMM finds a partial match but shows the non-english original name of the movie. I do have 'Force Title Language' set to USA, but does the search window ignore that?
Quote:Image

On IMDB, it shows the english title as the main title:

And here's the weird part. When I take the imdb entry id from the url and paste it into the 'Manual IMDB Entry' field, it returns the title 'Arthur and the Two Worlds War', which is the 'Also Known As' title.

And if I accept it, that really becomes the title of the entry in EMM. So what is the logic in how EMM chooses the title from main title, original title, and aka titles? Is this inconsistency a bug?
Is there a way to make EMM recheck the metadata of a movie (video,audio,subtitle stream)? I see options to edit it manually but no option to re-extract it.

And how does EMM determine if a movie has subtitles or not? Do the presence of SRT files count? I also see movies with embedded subtitles but EMM still says it does not. Here is the output from Media Info:
Code:
Text
ID                                       : 3
Format                                   : UTF-8
Codec ID                                 : S_TEXT/UTF8
Codec ID/Info                            : UTF-8 Plain Text
Default                                  : Yes
Forced                                   : No

Also, is there a way to play a movie directly from EMM? Currently I have to use 'Open Containing Folder' and then open the movie. I want to play the movie to quickly check if the title is correct and if the subtitle info is correct.
(2017-07-27, 15:17)badbob001 Wrote: When I lookup this movie: Arthur 3 The War of the Two Worlds

EMM finds a partial match but shows the non-english original name of the movie. I do have 'Force Title Language' set to USA, but does the search window ignore that?

On IMDB, it shows the english title as the main title:

And here's the weird part. When I take the imdb entry id from the url and paste it into the 'Manual IMDB Entry' field, it returns the title 'Arthur and the Two Worlds War', which is the 'Also Known As' title.

And if I accept it, that really becomes the title of the entry in EMM. So what is the logic in how EMM chooses the title from main title, original title, and aka titles? Is this inconsistency a bug?

For the search results list we use the search results from IMDB: Link
As you can see, the title is "Arthur 3: la guerre des deux mondes". At this point we don't parse the details page for each search result, that would take much too long. Only if you select an entry or while full scraping we parse the details page with all information and AKA titles.
(2017-07-27, 15:29)badbob001 Wrote: Is there a way to make EMM recheck the metadata of a movie (video,audio,subtitle stream)? I see options to edit it manually but no option to re-extract it.

Yes. Contextmenu => Rescrape Selected => Auto => Metadata only or Scrape Movies => All => Auto => Metadata only (red in screenshot) or Refresh button (also red in screenshot):

(2017-07-27, 15:29)badbob001 Wrote: And how does EMM determine if a movie has subtitles or not? Do the presence of SRT files count? I also see movies with embedded subtitles but EMM still says it does not. Here is the output from Media Info:
Code:
Text
ID                                       : 3
Format                                   : UTF-8
Codec ID                                 : S_TEXT/UTF8
Codec ID/Info                            : UTF-8 Plain Text
Default                                  : Yes
Forced                                   : No
Yes. Ember supports embedded and local subtitle files. For embedded you have to scan the metadata, for local files you have to scan the media folder (e.g. F5). Normally both will be recognized while scraping (meatdata) or while adding to database (local files).

(2017-07-27, 15:29)badbob001 Wrote: Also, is there a way to play a movie directly from EMM? Currently I have to use 'Open Containing Folder' and then open the movie. I want to play the movie to quickly check if the title is correct and if the subtitle info is correct.
Yes, via Play button in Movie info page (blue in first screenshot)
With subtitles i've noticed that unless it has language set it doesn't get recognized by Ember
It sees
PHP Code:
Text
ID                                       
Format                                   
UTF-8
Codec ID                                 
S_TEXT/UTF8
Codec ID
/Info                            UTF-8 Plain Text
Language                                 
English