• 106(current)
WIP Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread
(2017-07-28, 13:31)DanCooper Wrote:
(2017-07-28, 13:14)fred_gaou Wrote: Request

When we use Trakt scraper to get personal rating, it overwrites IMDB values like:

Code:
<rating>6</rating>
<votes>1</votes>

instead of

Code:
<rating>7.4</rating>
<votes>186313</votes>

So we loose those extra IMDB values in EMM and Kodi.

Personal rating should create a special NFO data field like <userrating> that could be sync with KI with the userrating entry in movie and movie_view tables in Kodi DB.

The workaround that will work faster than EMM+Trakt is too disable Trakt scraper and use Trakt addon in Kodi to sync watched state and user rating values.

With version of Ember do you use? Ember Alpha 1.4.8.0 Alpha 23.3 writes the value to the new <userrating> node.
I think <userrating> is only supported by Kodi 16 and higher. So all older versions of Ember can only use the <rating> and <votes> nodes for user rating.

Ember Alpha 1.4.8.0 Alpha 23.3

If I use scrapers in that order:
  • Trakt
  • TMDB
  • IMDB
I get the results I posted before, no <userrating>.

If I use scrapers in that order:
  • TMDB
  • IMDB
  • Trakt

Then nothing is added by Trakt in the NFO. <rating> is already filled by IMDB and no <userrating> is added.
  • Windows 10 x64
  • Kodi 17.6
(2017-07-28, 14:57)fred_gaou Wrote:
(2017-07-28, 13:31)DanCooper Wrote: With version of Ember do you use? Ember Alpha 1.4.8.0 Alpha 23.3 writes the value to the new <userrating> node.
I think <userrating> is only supported by Kodi 16 and higher. So all older versions of Ember can only use the <rating> and <votes> nodes for user rating.

Ember Alpha 1.4.8.0 Alpha 23.3

Then nothing is added by Trakt in the NFO. <rating> is already filled by IMDB and no <userrating> is added.

Oh sorry, I've looked at my current build of source code Big Grin It was still tagged as Alpha 23.3, but it was a newer version. <userrating> will be available in next release or you can try the latest source code build from komplex: Link
(2017-07-26, 23:52)DanCooper Wrote:
(2017-07-26, 22:50)fred_gaou Wrote:
(2017-07-26, 17:47)T-bird_se Wrote: You have to expand the hole list section to the right

Ok but it doesn't make the title column re-sizable for all that. It still annoying because even if you can see the titles expanded with this method, you can end up with "original title" column next to it too shrunk and you can do nothing about it.

It is a bug since it is designed to be resized but the mouse does nothing.

Oh, looks like I've to change the "Title" column to not-resizable to remove the resize icon ;-)
I've changed some settings for the main media list for next release. If you want you can already test it with a "nightly" build of Ember: Link (it's not an official build)

To explain the problem:
We need one column that can be expand or shrinked automatically to fill the whole panel width. Otherwise you always have to adjust one column width to the panel wide. That's the Title column in our case.
All columns have a minimum width. If the list is gettinging smaller than the summation of all minimum width, a horizontal scroll bar will be showed.
With the exception of the title columns, all columns should adapt to the content. That is partially brocken in latest official release, but will be fixed in next release.
I've removed the higher font size and bold settings for new, marked an all other status to get the column autosize working as expected.

Please try it with the nightly or next release and report again with screenshot if it does not work for you.

I installed the Ember Media Manager BETA 1.4.8.0-alpha.Git.fff41cd, last build release by Komplex. The issue is worse than before. It seems that it is the original title column the master. Hence the title column gets shrunk as hell.

Maybe a solution will be to provide an option to select the master column and its minimum size.
  • Windows 10 x64
  • Kodi 17.6
What does VSrc? stand for in the screenshots above?

Edit: Ok I get it. It stands for Video Source like bluray, vhs, etc. I don't use it. Would be great if I could disable it.
  • Windows 10 x64
  • Kodi 17.6
(2017-07-28, 16:15)fred_gaou Wrote: What does VSrc? stand for in the screenshots above?
No <videosource> has been set.
I had finally figure it out and edit my previous post. Thanks
  • Windows 10 x64
  • Kodi 17.6
(2017-07-28, 16:15)fred_gaou Wrote: What does VSrc? stand for in the screenshots above?

Edit: Ok I get it. It stands for Video Source like bluray, vhs, etc. I don't use it. Would be great if I could disable it.

Maybe I add an option to enable or disable single flags. But maybe it will do it only for Ember v 2.0.
(2017-07-28, 15:42)fred_gaou Wrote:
(2017-07-26, 23:52)DanCooper Wrote:
(2017-07-26, 22:50)fred_gaou Wrote: Ok but it doesn't make the title column re-sizable for all that. It still annoying because even if you can see the titles expanded with this method, you can end up with "original title" column next to it too shrunk and you can do nothing about it.

It is a bug since it is designed to be resized but the mouse does nothing.

Oh, looks like I've to change the "Title" column to not-resizable to remove the resize icon ;-)
I've changed some settings for the main media list for next release. If you want you can already test it with a "nightly" build of Ember: Link (it's not an official build)

To explain the problem:
We need one column that can be expand or shrinked automatically to fill the whole panel width. Otherwise you always have to adjust one column width to the panel wide. That's the Title column in our case.
All columns have a minimum width. If the list is gettinging smaller than the summation of all minimum width, a horizontal scroll bar will be showed.
With the exception of the title columns, all columns should adapt to the content. That is partially brocken in latest official release, but will be fixed in next release.
I've removed the higher font size and bold settings for new, marked an all other status to get the column autosize working as expected.

Please try it with the nightly or next release and report again with screenshot if it does not work for you.

I installed the Ember Media Manager BETA 1.4.8.0-alpha.Git.fff41cd, last build release by Komplex. The issue is worse than before. It seems that it is the original title column the master. Hence the title column gets shrunk as hell.

Maybe a solution will be to provide an option to select the master column and its minimum size.

Looks great! Rofl
Ok, I will try to improve the settings again.
(2017-07-28, 03:35)Karellen Wrote: I just tried scraping the movie you mention.

I first named it ...And Justice for All (1979) and Kodi did not see it. Probably the leading "." makes it hidden to Kodi

I then named it And Justice for All (1979) and scraped first time.

I use Win10, v17.3 and TMDB is the scraper and used Kodi as the scraper.

Thanks.
Hidden Advance Settings Failure

Issue 1

While EMM was OFF, I added

Code:
<Setting Section="*EmberAPP" Content="None" Name="NotValidFileContains" DefaultValue="">trailer|sample|bêtisier|compilation</Setting>

to \Profiles\Default\AdvancedSettings.xml.

There is no other duplicate line for this setting, it is unique.

Then I run EMM, perform a clean DB and Update Library and still these movies are detected as new:

Code:
E:\Medias\Films\Star Wars\Documentaires\Star Wars Doc fr\Bêtisier Star Wars.mp4
E:\Medias\Films\Compilation le Monde Du Doublage Français.mkv

No NFO were already attached to this items.

Issue 2

When EMM update the advanced settings, the NotValidFileContains setting is transformed like that:

Code:
<Setting Section="*EmberAPP" Content="None" Name="NotValidFileContains" DefaultValue="">trailer|sample|b�tisier|compilation</Setting>

Since it is a regex, the solution could be using this format to avoid that:

Code:
<Setting Section="*EmberAPP" Content="None" Name="NotValidFileContains" DefaultValue="">trailer|sample|b\u00EAtisier|compilation</Setting>

My text editor open and reload the file as ANSI.

I try to remove the "|bêtisier" part of the string to no avail. Files are still detected in the library after an update.

Is this a bug?

I fail to exclude those files with the provided AdvancedSettings.xml method.

I have the last Komplex release.
  • Windows 10 x64
  • Kodi 17.6
(2017-07-28, 18:57)fred_gaou Wrote: Hidden Advance Settings Failure

Issue 1

While EMM was OFF, I added

Code:
<Setting Section="*EmberAPP" Content="None" Name="NotValidFileContains" DefaultValue="">trailer|sample|bêtisier|compilation</Setting>

to \Profiles\Default\AdvancedSettings.xml.

Issue 2

When EMM update the advanced settings, the NotValidFileContains setting is transformed like that:

Code:
<Setting Section="*EmberAPP" Content="None" Name="NotValidFileContains" DefaultValue="">trailer|sample|b�tisier|compilation</Setting>

Since it is a regex, the solution could be using this format to avoid that:

Code:
<Setting Section="*EmberAPP" Content="None" Name="NotValidFileContains" DefaultValue="">trailer|sample|b\u00EAtisier|compilation</Setting>

My text editor open and reload the file as ANSI.

I try to remove the "|bêtisier" part of the string to no avail. Files are still detected in the library after an update.

Is this a bug?

I fail to exclude those files with the provided AdvancedSettings.xml method.

I have the last Komplex release.

1. It's an XML, you have to encode special chars, e.g. ê to can't write it here in forum, it always will be changed to ê ;-) check some online tools to encode it

2. The full used regex is [^\w\s]\s?(NotValidFileContains). That's the reason why ignoring of "Compilation le Monde Du Doublage Français.mkv" does not work (it begins with one of the words in the capturing group and that does not match the regex). But that looks like a bug. For me there is no reason to have a special char before the excluded words. But maybe that's an old regex that originally was created to ignore only trailer and sample files... and this files will always named like "avatar-trailer.mkv" or "avatar-sample.mkv". I will check an fix that if I can't find any issue results in changing that to a NotValidFileContains-only regex.
(2017-07-28, 21:18)DanCooper Wrote: 2. The full used regex is [^\w\s]\s?(NotValidFileContains). That's the reason why ignoring of "Compilation le Monde Du Doublage Français.mkv" does not work (it begins with one of the words in the capturing group and that does not match the regex). But that looks like a bug. For me there is no reason to have a special char before the excluded words. But maybe that's an old regex that originally was created to ignore only trailer and sample files... and this files will always named like "avatar-trailer.mkv" or "avatar-sample.mkv". I will check an fix that if I can't find any issue results in changing that to a NotValidFileContains-only regex.

Yes please. You can remove the prefix of the capturing group and only use it when it is needed like this:
Code:
<Setting Section="*EmberAPP" Content="None" Name="NotValidFileContains" DefaultValue="">[^\w\s]\s?trailer|[^\w\s]\s?sample|doublage</Setting>
  • Windows 10 x64
  • Kodi 17.6
About Multi-Episodes

Kodi doesn't support range pattern like ShowName s01e01-06 in filename. The same goes for EMM, I guess, doesn't it?

The problem is I have a TV show whose episodes only last about 5 minutes. So the DVD set containing a season of 100 episodes is split in 2 DVD of 50 episodes. So my MKV files reflect the DVD, 1 file containing 50 episodes organized in chapters.

So if I wanted to conform to the Kodi TV show naming convention, I would have to name each file specifying all the ep. from 1 to 50 like: ShowName s01e1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-…-50.

Not very friendly and could exceed the maximum path length on my system.

What if Ember supported range pattern like ShowName s01e01-50 and populate NFO with the proper number of episodes? Would kodi get the right number from the NFO or stil apply the file name pattern above all?

Does EMM have a feature to auto generate <epbookmark> tags with proper value according to chapters position in MKV?

It would be so powerful if I could just name my file as ShowName s01e01-50 and let EMM and Kodi handle the job.
  • Windows 10 x64
  • Kodi 17.6
(2017-07-28, 21:18)DanCooper Wrote: 2. The full used regex is [^\w\s]\s?(NotValidFileContains). That's the reason why ignoring of "Compilation le Monde Du Doublage Français.mkv" does not work (it begins with one of the words in the capturing group and that does not match the regex). But that looks like a bug. For me there is no reason to have a special char before the excluded words. But maybe that's an old regex that originally was created to ignore only trailer and sample files... and this files will always named like "avatar-trailer.mkv" or "avatar-sample.mkv". I will check an fix that if I can't find any issue results in changing that to a NotValidFileContains-only regex.

Simple workaround: add "(ignore)" suffixe to file you want to exclude and set the xml like:

Code:
<Setting Section="*EmberAPP" Content="None" Name="NotValidFileContains" DefaultValue="">trailer|sample|exclude</Setting>
  • Windows 10 x64
  • Kodi 17.6
(2017-07-28, 22:36)fred_gaou Wrote: What if Ember supported range pattern like ShowName s01e01-50 and populate NFO with the proper number of episodes? Would kodi get the right number from the NFO or stil apply the file name pattern above all?
No, that would not work anyway. Even if I whould add this to Ember, Kodi would not recognize the correct episodes. There is no way to get your wish only with a special regex.

(2017-07-28, 22:36)fred_gaou Wrote: Does EMM have a feature to auto generate <epbookmark> tags with proper value according to chapters position in MKV?

It would be so powerful if I could just name my file as ShowName s01e01-50 and let EMM and Kodi handle the job.

<epbookmark> is planned for Ember 2.0, but only a manual way with a slider and preview window for files without any capter informations.
But your idea is good and should be the easier way if an MKV has the information anyway. I've added a feature request for that: Link
  • 106(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread2