• 107(current)
WIP Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread
(2017-07-28, 21:41)fred_gaou Wrote:
(2017-07-28, 21:18)DanCooper Wrote: 2. The full used regex is [^\w\s]\s?(NotValidFileContains). That's the reason why ignoring of "Compilation le Monde Du Doublage Français.mkv" does not work (it begins with one of the words in the capturing group and that does not match the regex). But that looks like a bug. For me there is no reason to have a special char before the excluded words. But maybe that's an old regex that originally was created to ignore only trailer and sample files... and this files will always named like "avatar-trailer.mkv" or "avatar-sample.mkv". I will check an fix that if I can't find any issue results in changing that to a NotValidFileContains-only regex.

Yes please. You can remove the prefix of the capturing group and only use it when it is needed like this:
Code:
<Setting Section="*EmberAPP" Content="None" Name="NotValidFileContains" DefaultValue="">[^\w\s]\s?trailer|[^\w\s]\s?sample|doublage</Setting>

Has been fixed for next release: Github
Hi Dan - I had a few questions regarding to filters and setting as I am planning my major revamp of media library and rescarpe my 5k + movies:

1. Is there a way I can filter between 720p and 1080p movies?

2. What is cleanup disabled field is for? Image

3. The stack <movie> setting is to handle cd1 cd2 etc right, how does this setting work... Image

4. What is the difference between singler vs the multi folder...Image

5. If I select download only actors with images, what would happen to the old actors without images...
(2017-07-30, 00:52)shwetkprabhat Wrote: Hi Dan - I had a few questions regarding to filters and setting as I am planning my major revamp of media library and rescarpe my 5k + movies:

2. What is cleanup disabled field is for?
3. The stack <movie> setting is to handle cd1 cd2 etc right, how does this setting work...
4. What is the difference between singler vs the multi folder...
5. If I select download only actors with images, what would happen to the old actors without images...

1. You have to use Settings => Misc. => Media List Editor to create an own SQL query. This lists can be used in filter tab (bottom of the media list). For examples see: Link

2. That means that all disabled NFO data fields will be cleared while scraping.

3. If you use expert settings you have to enabled this if you use Kodi. This setting saves e.g. a poster for avatar.cd1.mkv as avatar-poster.mkv instead of avatar.cd1-poster.mkv. If you use english movie titles I whould edit the AdvancedSettings.xml to remove issues with "part" in movie titles, otherwise "part" will be recognized as stacked file, even if there is only a file in folder. See: Link

4. Single means settings for movies that have separate/own folder for each movie, multi is if you have saved multiple movies in one folder. This setting depends on source setting "Movies are in separate folders".

5. Will be removed while scraping.

6. I would wait for the 1.5 Beta version if you really want rescrape 5k movies. This version will be released soon and have some optimisations that's needed to rescrape that much movies. ATM the changes on database will only be saved at the end of a multi-scraping process. That means if there is a crash while scraping, the NFO and local files will be changed/scraped, but the information will not be commited to the database.
@Dan

The unicode chars in XML settings couldn't be resolved if the files were saved and handled as UTF-8 instead of current ANSI? So users wouldn't to have care to format their special/foreign chars in file, facing unexpected bugs, I guess.
  • Windows 10 x64
  • Kodi 17.6
I'm having an issue with movies fanart, poster etc being named <movie name>-fanart.jpg and <movie name>-poster.jpg when I have the option "each movie is their own folder" enabled. I want them named fanart.jpg and poster.jpg because kodi doesn't see the files otherwise.
@Malx,

Quote: I want them named fanart.jpg and poster.jpg because kodi doesn't see the files otherwise.

Not quite correct. The naming of artwork depends on your file structure.

If you have 1 movie per directory, then you get the simple "fanart.jpg" names.

If you have lots of movies per directory, then you end up with "<VideoFileName>-fanart.jpg"
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2017-07-30, 05:42)Malx Wrote: I'm having an issue with movies fanart, poster etc being named <movie name>-fanart.jpg and <movie name>-poster.jpg when I have the option "each movie is their own folder" enabled. I want them named fanart.jpg and poster.jpg because kodi doesn't see the files otherwise.

(2017-07-30, 06:10)Karellen Wrote: @Malx,

Quote: I want them named fanart.jpg and poster.jpg because kodi doesn't see the files otherwise.

If you have lots of movies per directory, then you end up with "<VideoFileName>-fanart.jpg"

@Malx
As Karellen said, that's not correct. Kodi recognize as <stackedfilename>-imagetype.ext for movies.

@Karellen
Your answer is also not 100% correct. You can use <stackedfilename>-imagetype.ext also for movies with separate directory. "imagetype.ext" works only for movies in separate directory, that's true.

The point is: <stackedfilename>-imagetype.ext works in any case, also Kodi use that pattern for database export. Kodi get the "imagetype" from the column "type" in the table "art". Known "types" are:
- characterart
- clearart
- clearlogo
- discart
- fanart
- landscape
- poster
- thumb

IMO the "defaults" for movie file naming is that what Kodi use for export. That's also the reason why I used that for our Kodi and Extended Images (Kodi Interface) defaults in Ember.

The Kodi addon "Artwork Downloader" does not use <stackedfilename>, that's the reason why the addon does not work for multiple movies in one folder. Also the addon uses some wired file names like "disc.png" for discart and "logo.png" for clearlogo. This file names do not match the names that are been used in table art. That means you will have two files after exporting Kodis database: e.g. "disc.png" and "discart.png".
For this reason we also added the file name settings for the addon "Artwork Downloader" in Ember.

Here is a list of all file names that are been used by different settings and addons: Link

The Kodi Interface can sync ANY file name to Kodi. But IMO you should use the Kodi and Kodi Interface defaults at all.
Can get the plot for some episode show although it exist on the site.

Example: And Then There Were None s01e01 on TVDB

and even using TMDB for the same episode.

Using build Git.9e5efbc.

It only affect some shows, any idea why?

Edit: SOLVED !

By default, I set "Default Episode Ordering" as DVD. Reset to standard for those shows was the trick.
  • Windows 10 x64
  • Kodi 17.6
EMM has filled my season plots in NFO but it seems it is nod handled by Kodi?

Do you know a way to make it work with Kodi?

Or do you know another media library/player that has this features by default?
  • Windows 10 x64
  • Kodi 17.6
(2017-07-30, 01:54)DanCooper Wrote:
(2017-07-30, 00:52)shwetkprabhat Wrote: Hi Dan - I had a few questions regarding to filters and setting as I am planning my major revamp of media library and rescarpe my 5k + movies:

3. The stack <movie> setting is to handle cd1 cd2 etc right, how does this setting work...

1. You have to use Settings => Misc. => Media List Editor to create an own SQL query. This lists can be used in filter tab (bottom of the media list). For examples see: Link

3. If you use expert settings you have to enabled this if you use Kodi. This setting saves e.g. a poster for avatar.cd1.mkv as avatar-poster.mkv instead of avatar.cd1-poster.mkv. If you use english movie titles I whould edit the AdvancedSettings.xml to remove issues with "part" in movie titles, otherwise "part" will be recognized as stacked file, even if there is only a file in folder. See: Link

4. Single means settings for movies that have separate/own folder for each movie, multi is if you have saved multiple movies in one folder. This setting depends on source setting "Movies are in separate folders".

6. I would wait for the 1.5 Beta version if you really want rescrape 5k movies. This version will be released soon and have some optimisations that's needed to rescrape that much movies. ATM the changes on database will only be saved at the end of a multi-scraping process. That means if there is a crash while scraping, the NFO and local files will be changed/scraped, but the information will not be commited to the database.

Thanks and you are awesome! Few more follow up questions:

1. Is there a plan to add web-dl in the source filter?
3. I use kodi default for nfo naming, do I need to worry about stack naming in expert setting? Also where is the advancesetting file... do I need to create one?
6. I have been waiting for the beta for over 2 months, any eta on that Smile
(2017-07-30, 12:49)fred_gaou Wrote: EMM has filled my season plots in NFO but it seems it is nod handled by Kodi?

Season plot in tv show NFOs it's a new feature of Kodi 16 (?). But Kodi use another node structure that we use, so I've to first make them compatible for next release.
No, I don't know other media players.
(2017-07-30, 17:03)shwetkprabhat Wrote:
(2017-07-30, 01:54)DanCooper Wrote:

3. I use kodi default for nfo naming, do I need to worry about stack naming in expert setting? Also where is the advancesetting file... do I need to create one?

1. I've to make the video source filter as dynamic list based on database entries, should not been a problem (now on my todo list: Link)
3. No, the "stacking" in expert settings is only needed if you use own file names in expert settings. The file names in Kodi Frodo defaults are stacked by default as needed.
3.1 The AdvancedSettings.xml is saved in your profile folder. See .\Ember Media Manager\Profiles\Default(or profile name).
6. I know... I working hard on all known issues to release the 1.5 Beta for feature freezing and get it stable. I have next week's vacation and hopefully enough time.
(2017-07-30, 19:02)DanCooper Wrote:
(2017-07-30, 12:49)fred_gaou Wrote: EMM has filled my season plots in NFO but it seems it is nod handled by Kodi?

Season plot in tv show NFOs it's a new feature of Kodi 16 (?). But Kodi use another node structure that we use, so I've to first make them compatible for next release.
No, I don't know other media players.

Do you personally manage to see those season plots in Kodi 17, let's say with sanctuary or other skins?
  • Windows 10 x64
  • Kodi 17.6
(2017-07-30, 19:09)DanCooper Wrote:
(2017-07-30, 17:03)shwetkprabhat Wrote:
(2017-07-30, 01:54)DanCooper Wrote: 1. You have to use Settings => Misc. => Media List Editor to create an own SQL query. This lists can be used in filter tab (bottom of the media list). For examples see: Link

1. I've to make the video source filter as dynamic list based on database entries, should not been a problem (now on my todo list: Link)
3. No, the "stacking" in expert settings is only needed if you use own file names in expert settings. The file names in Kodi Frodo defaults are stacked by default as needed.
3.1 The AdvancedSettings.xml is saved in your profile folder. See .\Ember Media Manager\Profiles\Default(or profile name).
6. I know... I working hard on all known issues to release the 1.5 Beta for feature freezing and get it stable. I have next week's vacation and hopefully enough time.

Thanks and enjoy your vacation!
(2017-07-30, 10:10)DanCooper Wrote:
(2017-07-30, 05:42)Malx Wrote: I'm having an issue with movies fanart, poster etc being named <movie name>-fanart.jpg and <movie name>-poster.jpg when I have the option "each movie is their own folder" enabled. I want them named fanart.jpg and poster.jpg because kodi doesn't see the files otherwise.

(2017-07-30, 06:10)Karellen Wrote: @Malx,

@Malx
As Karellen said, that's not correct. Kodi recognize as <stackedfilename>-imagetype.ext for movies.

@Karellen
Your answer is also not 100% correct. You can use <stackedfilename>-imagetype.ext also for movies with separate directory. "imagetype.ext" works only for movies in separate directory, that's true.

The point is: <stackedfilename>-imagetype.ext works in any case, also Kodi use that pattern for database export. Kodi get the "imagetype" from the column "type" in the table "art". Known "types" are:
- characterart
- clearart
- clearlogo
- discart
- fanart
- landscape
- poster
- thumb

IMO the "defaults" for movie file naming is that what Kodi use for export. That's also the reason why I used that for our Kodi and Extended Images (Kodi Interface) defaults in Ember.

The Kodi addon "Artwork Downloader" does not use <stackedfilename>, that's the reason why the addon does not work for multiple movies in one folder. Also the addon uses some wired file names like "disc.png" for discart and "logo.png" for clearlogo. This file names do not match the names that are been used in table art. That means you will have two files after exporting Kodis database: e.g. "disc.png" and "discart.png".
For this reason we also added the file name settings for the addon "Artwork Downloader" in Ember.

Here is a list of all file names that are been used by different settings and addons: Link

The Kodi Interface can sync ANY file name to Kodi. But IMO you should use the Kodi and Kodi Interface defaults at all.

Ok thanks for the information. The reason I asked is because when I do add everything to kodi's library it always ignores the <movie name>-poster and <movie-name>-fanart file and downloads a fanart.jpg and poster.jpg on its own, one I did not specify unless I manually change the name beforehand.
  • 107(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread2