• 111(current)
WIP Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread
Sort tokens to ignore

I added L'[\w_] to the list but noted that a movie whose title is L'armée des ombres still appears sorted under L instead of A. What's wrong?

Incidentally, why do presets explicitly include the underscore character?
Regex \w is [A-Za-z0-9_] by default: underscore is already included.
(2017-08-06, 17:00)pstrg Wrote: Sort tokens to ignore

I added L'[\w_] to the list but noted that a movie whose title is L'armée des ombres still appears sorted under L instead of A. What's wrong?

Incidentally, why do presets explicitly include the underscore character?
Regex \w is [A-Za-z0-9_] by default: underscore is already included.

Not shure why I've added _, maybe that's someting vb.NET based. This default list is very old, maybe there was any problem in older .NET version or the _ was not included in \w list.

The sort tokens resp. the ListTitle (shown as Title column, based on Title and sort tokens) are not created on-the-fly like in Kodi. We have to go through the whole database and check each Title/ListTitle if they need a change. Normally there should be a question after confirming settings to reload all movies. Otherwise you have to reload all or specific movies with F5 to change the list title.

I hope I'm able to optimise that process to not reload each movie only to fix the ListTitle for next release.
(2017-08-06, 17:10)DanCooper Wrote:
(2017-08-06, 17:00)pstrg Wrote: Sort tokens to ignore

The sort tokens resp. the ListTitle (shown as Title column, based on Title and sort tokens) are not created on-the-fly like in Kodi. We have to go through the whole database and check each Title/ListTitle if they need a change. Normally there should be a question after confirming settings to reload all movies. Otherwise you have to reload all or specific movies with F5 to change the list title.

I hope I'm able to optimise that process to not reload each movie only to fix the ListTitle for next release.
No, it did not work: hit Reload All Movies and at the end L'armée des ombres and L'avventura still remained under L.
Ok, then if have to check that later today
Some help: if I add a space after the apostrophe, it works.
Probably the code expects a space after the token, but that is not always the case.

I could mention two cases in which there should be no space before the next word:
D' (contracted preposition in French, Italian, Portuguese);
L' (contracted article in French).

In fact, the syntax should be, in the case of the German article:
Der [\w] or Der .*
instead
of Der[\w].
In that case,
L'[\w]
should work correctly.
(2017-08-06, 17:55)pstrg Wrote: Some help: if I add a space after the apostrophe, it works.
Probably the code expects a space after the token, but that is not always the case.

I could mention two cases in which there should be no space before the next word:
D' (contracted preposition in French, Italian, Portuguese);
L' (contracted article in French).

In fact, the syntax should be, in the case of the German article:
Der [\w] or Der .*
instead
of Der[\w].
In that case,
L'[\w]
should work correctly.

I think you've overlook something on the default sort tokens: it's a \W not a \w. That means all no word character. That does not include _ and that's the reason why it's also listed.
the[\W_] catches "The Case" but not "Theory". For your case with "L'Armée des ombres" you've to add l'.

Der .* is completly wrong and will catch the whole title if the title starts with "Der", e.g. "Der Bergdoktor".

FYI: a ^ will be added automatically to each token to only catch the token if it's on the beginning of the title. Also "ignore case" is enabled for token regex.
(2017-08-06, 22:23)DanCooper Wrote: I think you've overlook something on the default sort tokens: it's a \W not a \w. That means all no word character. That does not include _ and that's the reason why it's also listed.
the[\W_] catches "The Case" but not "Theory". For your case with "L'Armée des ombres" you've to add l'.

Der .* is completly wrong and will catch the whole title if the title starts with "Der", e.g. "Der Bergdoktor".

FYI: a ^ will be added automatically to each token to only catch the token if it's on the beginning of the title. Also "ignore case" is enabled for token regex.
You're right. My mistake.
(2017-08-06, 16:24)DanCooper Wrote: The Title column is set to fill the panel width. Move the vertical splitter to reduce the Title cloumn:

The drag pointer will be removed in next few days, I also have to fix some other settings with the columns. ATM the most of all columns are set to the width of the largest entry in each column.

As I continue to trim a large number of movies using this finely crafted application, I realize that the following would be much welcomed:
- in Movies view, to be able to choose Director as a column (besides Title and Original title);
- to be able to resize text column widths individually.
(2017-08-07, 13:17)pstrg Wrote:
(2017-08-06, 16:24)DanCooper Wrote: The Title column is set to fill the panel width. Move the vertical splitter to reduce the Title cloumn:

The drag pointer will be removed in next few days, I also have to fix some other settings with the columns. ATM the most of all columns are set to the width of the largest entry in each column.

As I continue to trim a large number of movies using this finely crafted application, I realize that the following would be much welcomed:
- in Movies view, to be able to choose Director as a column (besides Title and Original title);
- to be able to resize text column widths individually.
Please create a feature request for director column. The other issues with width and size is already on my to-do list.

EDIT: Directors as column do not make many sense. It will looks like "Conrad Vernon,Andrew Adamson,Kelly Asbury" if a movie has more than one director. So you can sort proper by director. The column is still existing and used for filters, but I've not added an option to show/hide it as column. Same for Credits, Genres, Studios, Countries and all other fields they can hold more than one entry.
(2017-08-07, 14:02)DanCooper Wrote: EDIT: Directors as column do not make many sense. It will looks like "Conrad Vernon,Andrew Adamson,Kelly Asbury" if a movie has more than one director. So you can sort proper by director. The column is still existing and used for filters, but I've not added an option to show/hide it as column. Same for Credits, Genres, Studios, Countries and all other fields they can hold more than one entry.
Right, but I would point it out that in almost all cases, there's only one director, thus making cases in which there's more than one almost exceptions.
I checked my collection and it's very scarce indeed.
Ember is missing items

Ember side
1. Finished adjusting titles.
2. Hit Reload All Movies

Kodi side
1. Removed movie folders
2. Returned movie folders, chose local for each of them (no TMDB etc.)

Noted that Kodi list had items I did not remember being on Ember movie list.
Checked again and, in fact, they were not there.
Verified that the folders that contained missing movies did have an nfo (which Kodi found).
For each missing movie folder chose Scan folder for new content... in the context menu
Each movie then appeared in Ember list in red, so that I could edit the preexistent nfo.

Question is:
Why is Ember missing some nfos after I Reload All Movies? Shouldn't that find all nfos in the folders?
Setting for folders is Recursive / Use Folder Name / Single Video / Exclude: No

Statistics
Searched for suspect pattern in the Title field of existing nfos.
Of 1355 existing nfo files, 84 have the suspect pattern, meaning they have not been corrected (because they did not appear in Ember's list).
(2017-08-08, 02:09)pstrg Wrote: Why is Ember missing some nfos after I Reload All Movies? Shouldn't that find all nfos in the folders?
Reload All Movies reloads (rescan the movie folder for all local saved files) only movies, that already been in the database. New/not listed movies will only be found if you run a database update (Explorer => context menu => Scan for new content... runs also a database update just in that folder).

(2017-08-08, 02:09)pstrg Wrote: Statistics
Of 1355 existing nfo files, 84 have the suspect pattern, meaning they have not been corrected (because they did not appear in Ember's list).
I don't understand what you try to say.
(2017-08-08, 10:09)DanCooper Wrote:

I think he is trying to say that from his 1355 movies, 84 aren't on EMM's database (yet to be scanned).
Image Image
(2017-08-08, 11:24)redglory Wrote:

I think he is trying to say that from his 1355 movies, 84 aren't on EMM's database (yet to be scanned).
You're right, @redglory.
It was just to give an idea of the percentage of missing items.
(2017-08-08, 02:09)pstrg Wrote: Why is Ember missing some nfos after I Reload All Movies? Shouldn't that find all nfos in the folders?
Reload All Movies reloads (rescan the movie folder for all local saved files) only movies, that already been in the database. New/not listed movies will only be found if you run a database update (Explorer => context menu => Scan for new content... runs also a database update just in that folder).
Understood.
I think what made me underestimate the breadth of the context menu command is that it's optional.
Imho it belongs to the Tools options (should I open a request?)

p.s. Please also see my answer to @redglory.
  • 111(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread2