• 116(current)
WIP Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread
(2017-08-16, 23:04)DanCooper Wrote:
(2017-08-16, 22:47)abescalamis Wrote:
(2017-08-16, 22:36)DanCooper Wrote: The tutorial also contains all information that you need to setup the Kodi Interface to sync the movieset artwork: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=319703

Yeah, I got all of that and it was done perfectly. It even looks like it is trying to load the poster but it doesn't do it, It does the same thing when I scrap movies but by running Artwork downloader it shows the poster, the funny part is that Artwork downloader does nothing because the setting it is not to redownload anything if there is already artwork, but for some reason it makes kodi to show the artwork scrapped by Ember.

I've been scratching my head on this for some time.

AD has nothing to do with moviesets, so it's not relevant if AD works or not. Please post a screenshot of your MovieSet => File Names and Modules => Kodi Interface => Host => MovieSet Artwork Path settings.

I already figured it out!!! it looks like a lot of users have the same issue but no one bothers in reporting it because they just solve it by using AD.

The issue is that kodi fails to create the link in the database for the local artwork scrapped by ember, that is why running AD fixes those links.

I just need to figure out how to fix or correct the links for the movie sets.

In the tutorial for the movie set, the path to use for the Artwork folder is smb, Can I replace the smb and use NFS path intead, I think that will fix it?

Thank you for all of your help!
(2017-08-17, 00:13)abescalamis Wrote: In the tutorial for the movie set, the path to use for the Artwork folder is smb, Can I replace the smb and use NFS path intead, I think that will fix it?

Yes, for shure. All Kodi protocols works. Why someone should use smb as path if they use nfs or ftp or another protocol? Tzzz.... Tongue
(2017-08-17, 01:12)DanCooper Wrote:
(2017-08-17, 00:13)abescalamis Wrote: In the tutorial for the movie set, the path to use for the Artwork folder is smb, Can I replace the smb and use NFS path intead, I think that will fix it?

Yes, for shure. All Kodi protocols works. Why someone should use smb as path if they use nfs or ftp or another protocol? Tzzz.... Tongue

LOL, I know, I even wanted to slap myself, LMAO
I messed up my ember installation, in the movie set tab I selected all movies and use the option "remove", then I cleaned the database. after that I tried to repopulate the set to start all over again but nothing shows, when I tried to manually add a movie set I get an error saying:

"datamember property 'idset' cannot be found in the data source", after this message Ember closes itselft.

I already uninstalled and reinstalled and keep getting the same error. Now I want to punch myself, lol.

I fixed it by rescrapping all Movies again
First of all I want to say thank you for all of your help and work because Ember is a very powerful tool.

After a few day everything is perfect, I did everything from scratch and everything went smooth.

My only and last question is if there is a way to mark a movie as part of a set?

watch gallery
(2017-08-19, 04:12)abescalamis Wrote: First of all I want to say thank you for all of your help and work because Ember is a very powerful tool.

After a few day everything is perfect, I did everything from scratch and everything went smooth.

My only and last question is if there is a way to mark a movie as part of a set?

watch gallery
If the movie added to movieset on TMDB you only have to rescrape the Collection ID. You can use Context Menu => Rescrape single Datafield => Collection ID. If it's enabled in settings the set will automatically created.

If you want manually add a movie to a movieset you have to use the MovieSet Edit dialog. There is a tab to search and add any movie from your library.

Gesendet von meinem VTR-L09 mit Tapatalk
I'm having problems refreshing the first season of Star Trek The Next Generation properly. I previously had it encoded as H.264 but re-encoded it recently so it's now HEVC. I've tried removing the season and readding it, also removed the whole series from the database and updated the library but it doesn't help.

The problem is that the first episode is shown twice and the second episode is missing. The first two episodes are encoded as one file, the name is "Star Trek The Next Generation S01E01E02.mkv".

(2017-08-19, 19:48)Boulder Wrote: I'm having problems refreshing the first season of Star Trek The Next Generation properly. I previously had it encoded as H.264 but re-encoded it recently so it's now HEVC. I've tried removing the season and readding it, also removed the whole series from the database and updated the library but it doesn't help.

The problem is that the first episode is shown twice and the second episode is missing. The first two episodes are encoded as one file, the name is "Star Trek The Next Generation S01E01E02.mkv".

Try to also delete the episode NFO. I think that has wrong episode entries.

Thanks, worked perfectly!
Single movies splitted in parts

Some films are split - videos and subtitles - in 2 or even 3 parts: Title - CD1, Title - CD2, Title - CD3
If I add such from the context menu, a single nfo, bearing the file name of CD1, is created.
Tried to manually create additional nfos for CD2 and CD3, delete library entry then re-scanning for new content in context menu - it does not work.

How to deal with movies splitted in parts?
(2017-08-20, 11:56)pstrg Wrote: Single movies splitted in parts

Some films are split - videos and subtitles - in 2 or even 3 parts: Title - CD1, Title - CD2, Title - CD3
If I add such from the context menu, a single nfo, bearing the file name of CD1, is created.
Tried to manually create additional nfos for CD2 and CD3, delete library entry then re-scanning for new content in context menu - it does not work.

Only one NFO, poster, fanart is correct for splitted discs. Filename for NFO and images is always <filename-whitout-discinfo>.

Using commit 8d71f12

Issue 1:

When I scrape my shows, the season plot are written in nfo but if I manually edit a season plot, the nfo is not updated. The changes only apply to ember, not to nfo. Seasons are not locked.

The opposite is true too. When I edit my nfo <seasondetails> and full reload the show or season, the changes are not sync with ember that keep showing the old data.

Issue 2:

When I scrape my shows episodes, the rating are coming from TVDB even if trakt is proprietary. But then I can fix it if I select the episodes > context menu > (re)scrape single data field > rating. In that case, the rating is fetched from trakt.

Another issue is I can not disable TVDB episodes rating setting. When I do and valid, next time I open the settings, the rating is enabled again.
  • Windows 10 x64
  • Kodi 17.6
Somebody still explained me the different versions, persons and repositories currently existing for Ember.
He told me that as a new user I should use your "ALPHA" version.

I want to ask:
- In this thread I only see a download link for Windows. Isn't there a Linux version?
- The version behind the links is from March 2017. Nice! But why can't I find it in your repository?

This is exreme confusing, wasting time of users and deter possible new contributers.
(2017-08-20, 13:13)buhtz Wrote: Somebody still explained me the different versions, persons and repositories currently existing for Ember.
He told me that as a new user I should use your "ALPHA" version.

- The version behind the links is from March 2017. Nice! But why can't I find it in your repository?

This is exreme confusing, wasting time of users and deter possible new contributers.

You can find the last alpha build here. They are frequently updated following the last commit.

Yes a link in first post would avoid those questions.
  • Windows 10 x64
  • Kodi 17.6
(2017-08-20, 13:13)pstrg Wrote:
(2017-08-20, 12:06)DanCooper Wrote:
(2017-08-20, 11:56)pstrg Wrote: Single movies splitted in parts

Only one NFO, poster, fanart is correct for splitted discs. Filename for NFO and images is always <filename-whitout-discinfo>.
OK, thank you.

Now, if a want to have direct access not only to Part 1 but also to Part 2, or Part 3, is there a way to do it?
Preferably maintaining poster and the information (director, actors etc.)?

Then you have to splitt them up to separate folders. If you use stacked discs (avatar.cd1.mkv, avatar.cd2.mkv) in one folder, Kodi plays each disc successively. You are still able to use the context menu in Kodi to start from a selectable disc.

In which case you have multiple discs that not contains the same (splitted) movie?
  • 116(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread2