• 126(current)
WIP Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread
I asked about OMDB already but maybe with TMM having implemented Dan might give it another look
(2017-11-14, 11:59)DanCooper Wrote:
(2017-11-14, 08:08)RobbieWilkes Wrote: Still learning my way around Ember Media Manager, but, thus far, it's been great.  I'm attempting to build all the information for the movies / tv shows stored on my NAS, so that, going forward, all of my Kodi HTPCs will have consistent, centrally managed data.

I do have a question, and, if it's been addressed, I haven't been able to find it.

Would it be possible to use the Aired date of television episodes in the DateAdded field?  Not sure if Kodi would require a minimum date, such as the one in DOS ( 1/1/1980 ), but, if not, then I would think it could be done fairly easily.

My reasoning on this is to ensure that when older series / episodes are added, one could have the choice to NOT have them overwhelm the TRULY new episodes in "Recently Added" lists.

This way, when adding the Batman 1966 series to my collection, those newly added episodes would not suddenly be the only thing I see when looking for the new stuff... unless I chose to make it so.

I've done a similar bypass when adding movie collections, by manually setting the Modified / Creation dates of each movie file to the movie's premiere date, but, needless to say, that would be overwhelming to do with a LARGE number of episodes.

Of course, now that I'm thinking about it... could the same option be added to set the DateAdded field for movies to the ReleaseDate?  Possibly even as an election during selective scraping of new additions?

Yeah, I know, I'm not asking for much.  :-)

Thanks for giving this some thought.
Please add it as feature request on our tracker. I think that should be (partially) possible. Kodi and Ember use the "Unix Time Stamp" to save the adding date (and others) to the database, but a negative value is also possible. Never tested in Kodi, but should be possible. You can find our tracker here: Link 

(2017-11-14, 13:12)redglory Wrote: Hi @Dan,

Would you consider using OMDB api to retrive IMDB data?

It's much quicker than scraping Smile

Yes, I know that API, but it's useless for Ember (or only useful for searching). Look at the results, many things are missing:
- no role description for casts
- no certifications
- no original title
- no tagline
- no outline
- no trailers
- no posters
- not possible to search with titles in other languages

json:
Movie {
title: 'The Toxic Avenger',
_year_data: '1984',
rated: 'R',
released: '1986-04-11T08:00:00.000Z',
runtime: '82 min',
genres: 'Action, Comedy, Horror',
director: 'Michael Herz, Lloyd Kaufman',
writer: 'Lloyd Kaufman (story), Joe Ritter (screenplay), Lloyd Kaufman (additional material), Gay Partington Terry (additional material), Stuart Strutin (additional material)',
actors: 'Andree Maranda, Mitch Cohen, Jennifer Babtist, Cindy Manion',
plot: 'This is the story of Melvin, the Tromaville Health Club mop boy, who inadvertently and naively trusts the hedonistic, contemptuous and vain health club members, to the point of accidentally ending up in a vat of toxic waste. The devastating results then have a transmogrification effect, his alter ego is released, and the Toxic Avenger is born, to deadly and comical results. The local mop boy is now the local Superhero, the saviour of corruption, thuggish bullies and indifference. Troma classic with good make-up effects and stunts, a pleasant surprise indeed.',
languages: 'English',
awards: '1 nomination.',
poster: 'http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BNzViNmQ5MTYtMmI4Yy00N2Y2LTg4NWUtYWU3MThkMTVjNjk3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_SX300.jpg',
metascore: 'N/A',
rating: '6.2',
votes: '19,306',
imdbid: 'tt0090190',
type: 'movie',
response: 'True',
series: false,
imdburl: 'https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090190'
}
(2017-11-14, 13:59)DanCooper Wrote:
(2017-11-14, 08:08)RobbieWilkes Wrote: Still learning my way around Ember Media Manager, but, thus far, it's been great.  I'm attempting to build all the information for the movies / tv shows stored on my NAS, so that, going forward, all of my Kodi HTPCs will have consistent, centrally managed data.

I do have a question, and, if it's been addressed, I haven't been able to find it.

Would it be possible to use the Aired date of television episodes in the DateAdded field?  Not sure if Kodi would require a minimum date, such as the one in DOS ( 1/1/1980 ), but, if not, then I would think it could be done fairly easily.

My reasoning on this is to ensure that when older series / episodes are added, one could have the choice to NOT have them overwhelm the TRULY new episodes in "Recently Added" lists.

This way, when adding the Batman 1966 series to my collection, those newly added episodes would not suddenly be the only thing I see when looking for the new stuff... unless I chose to make it so.

I've done a similar bypass when adding movie collections, by manually setting the Modified / Creation dates of each movie file to the movie's premiere date, but, needless to say, that would be overwhelming to do with a LARGE number of episodes.

Of course, now that I'm thinking about it... could the same option be added to set the DateAdded field for movies to the ReleaseDate?  Possibly even as an election during selective scraping of new additions?

Please add it as feature request on our tracker. I think that should be (partially) possible. Kodi and Ember use the "Unix Time Stamp" to save the adding date (and others) to the database, but a negative value is also possible. Never tested in Kodi, but should be possible. You can find our tracker here: Link 
(2017-11-14, 13:12)redglory Wrote: Hi @Dan,

Would you consider using OMDB api to retrive IMDB data?

It's much quicker than scraping Smile

Yes, I know that API, but it's useless for Ember (or only useful for searching). Look at the results, many things are missing:
- no role description for casts
- no certifications
- no original title
- no tagline
- no outline
- no trailers
- no posters
- not possible to search with titles in other languages

json:
Movie {
title: 'The Toxic Avenger',
_year_data: '1984',
rated: 'R',
released: '1986-04-11T08:00:00.000Z',
runtime: '82 min',
genres: 'Action, Comedy, Horror',
director: 'Michael Herz, Lloyd Kaufman',
writer: 'Lloyd Kaufman (story), Joe Ritter (screenplay), Lloyd Kaufman (additional material), Gay Partington Terry (additional material), Stuart Strutin (additional material)',
actors: 'Andree Maranda, Mitch Cohen, Jennifer Babtist, Cindy Manion',
plot: 'This is the story of Melvin, the Tromaville Health Club mop boy, who inadvertently and naively trusts the hedonistic, contemptuous and vain health club members, to the point of accidentally ending up in a vat of toxic waste. The devastating results then have a transmogrification effect, his alter ego is released, and the Toxic Avenger is born, to deadly and comical results. The local mop boy is now the local Superhero, the saviour of corruption, thuggish bullies and indifference. Troma classic with good make-up effects and stunts, a pleasant surprise indeed.',
languages: 'English',
awards: '1 nomination.',
poster: 'http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BNzViNmQ5MTYtMmI4Yy00N2Y2LTg4NWUtYWU3MThkMTVjNjk3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_SX300.jpg',
metascore: 'N/A',
rating: '6.2',
votes: '19,306',
imdbid: 'tt0090190',
type: 'movie',
response: 'True',
series: false,
imdburl: 'https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090190'
}

You're right regarding the quantity of information, but it could be used as a fallback for the available fields?

One example, as you are scraping from the /combined movie/tvshow page, some fields are not "migrated" from the actual movie/tvshow page.

i.e.: Prison Break - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0455275/
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0455275/combined

In the combined version, user ratings/votes are gone (can't seem to understand why, though...). 

Also, if you are not scraping the additional fileds you mentioned, one could set the only scraper to OMDB Api.

I understand you won't feel it is needed, though Smile
Image Image

Thanks!!!  I'll do just that!
Hi Dan,

Please see pictures below:

It looks like Ember is returning the wrong year. Is this a bug maybe?
Thanks
Kodi v18.9 (Aeon MQ8 Multi-Mod) running on Windows 10
(2017-11-14, 20:51)JanM201 Wrote: Hi Dan,

ImageImage

Thanks
Are you also using TMDB scraper?  If so, I know that they sometimes have differing years.  SUPPOSEDLY the fault is IMDB not having the right year.
No, I'm using IMDB as my scraper.
(2017-11-14, 21:48)Fail$tyle420 Wrote:
(2017-11-14, 20:51)JanM201 Wrote: Hi Dan,

ImageImage

Thanks
Are you also using TMDB scraper?  If so, I know that they sometimes have differing years.  SUPPOSEDLY the fault is IMDB not having the right year. 
It's based on release date, not on premiered.
Thanks Dan Laugh
Hi Dan,
Weird things happened when I cleaned the DB. Basically it seemed it could not find many of my NAS areas so deleted/cleaned many of the shows and movies (yes that is what it should do) but they were available. Wondering if somehow it did not wake them up like normal or something? Anyway, that is only a minor flaw, when I basically went to rescan them, it kept crashing HARD with the Input String was not in a correct format'.

Luckily I tweaked around a bit and I think found the problem, it was not actually where the operations crashed from what I could see, I think it was looking ahead. It kept crashing at Archer 2x13 double trouble.avi, but was actually crashing on the file that was named, Archer - Heart of Archness- Part 1-2-3.avi . It was obviously not properly named, but there were nfos for everything else in the directories and when I changed that name to the proper naming format Archer - S00E04-E06 - Heart of Archness Part I & Heart of Archness Part II & Heart of Archness Part III, then I could finish scanning the information and complete the copying the info back into the database. I guess I had not scraped the show in forever so it was not getting hung on that before or something, or maybe it was actually erroring at the double trouble episode but I do not think so since changing the name fixed the db scan. Anyway, here are the logs for yesterday (where the stuff got wiped) and today where I kept having it crash. Unfortunately they are both very long but I hope it provides what you need. Also note, it had been years since I had this kind of problem, so I don't know if its new or old.

Let me know if you need any other logs or anything. Thanks for all your hard work.

Here is the log where things got wiped during db clean operations https://pastebin.com/btHz99Fp
and here is the huge log with the crash multiple times and other scans of my system, and the scan after it is fixed. Oops, pastebin cannot handle a file that big (its 39,196K) how do i get it to you?

Never mind, I think it will work with this google drive link. It was in process of updating other directories when this was copied.  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1oJmsGhO...sp=sharing
Hi Dan,
Back in May there was mention of a version 1.5 Beta that was going to be released in 10-14 days. I haven’t been on the forum for a while and was wondering if it was ever released and if so, where can I find it.

Thanks for all your hard work on this excellent product.
(2017-11-16, 15:06)hslansky Wrote: Hi Dan,
Back in May there was mention of a version 1.5 Beta that was going to be released in 10-14 days. I haven’t been on the forum for a while and was wondering if it was ever released and if so, where can I find it.

Thanks for all your hard work on this excellent product.

No. But you can use the latest builds from komplex: Link
Hi Dan,
Any chance of adding a limit for TV shows genres?  Also, have you had a chance to look at changing the color of new highlighted items to make them visible?  Thanks for considering these.
YOYIZDERZOMENEMOHOZEZAZEZDENDERIZHOZEZ
I will look into it later today.

Gesendet von meinem VTR-L09 mit Tapatalk
(2017-11-16, 16:23)DanCooper Wrote: I will look into it later today.

Gesendet von meinem VTR-L09 mit Tapatalk

Thank you.  That's all one can ask. Smile
YOYIZDERZOMENEMOHOZEZAZEZDENDERIZHOZEZ
  • 126(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread2