• 133(current)
WIP Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread
Hi Dan,

Just want to find out if we will be able to scrape movies again with IMDb in future? I know they changed their site & you also need to make changes to Ember (Lot of work).
I changed everything to TMDb but the information scraped is not that great especially the ratings (Sure you will agree). The reason I'm asking is I'd rather wait before I scrape
any movies until you do release an updated version of Ember or if you don't, I'll just continue with TMDb. I know it's a lot of work, but I'm sure a lot of users will appreciate your 
efforts. If you can just give me an idea if this is going to happen or not.
Appreciate your work for a fantastic program.
Thank you Laugh
Kodi v18.9 (Aeon MQ8 Multi-Mod) running on Windows 10
(2018-01-04, 20:55)JanM201 Wrote: Hi Dan,

Just want to find out if we will be able to scrape movies again with IMDb in future? I know they changed their site & you also need to make changes to Ember (Lot of work).
I changed everything to TMDb but the information scraped is not that great especially the ratings (Sure you will agree). The reason I'm asking is I'd rather wait before I scrape
any movies until you do release an updated version of Ember or if you don't, I'll just continue with TMDb. I know it's a lot of work, but I'm sure a lot of users will appreciate your 
Thank you Laugh
+1 Me too!! Thanks for all the hard work Dan!
My Madnox Mods | Nox Version Guide
---------------------------------------------------------------
Movie Logo Requests | Studio Logo Requests
Logo's Made So Far:
(2018-01-04, 22:08)ShadowTek Wrote:

Thank you Laugh
Take it easy, it's coming
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2686605
(2018-01-04, 22:31)T-bird_se Wrote:

Thank you Laugh
Cheers. I was just re-scraping some movies and all the vote counts were cut by hundreds of thousands...was like huh?

Maybe he can put out a new release on the first page?
(2018-01-04, 22:31)T-bird_se Wrote:

Thank you Laugh
Cheers T-bird. This is fantastic news. Rofl
My Setup is Hdhomerun on Comcast using WMC for recording with MCEbuddy and it forwards everything to my Network Drive.

Alright question answered ! A while back MCEbuddy started adding nfo’s to TV shows recorded that was great news ! But for some reason my kodi setup would not see them till I went in and created a folder with its own NFO for the season using Ember Media Manager. A little back ground on Ember a lot of us like to control our NFO’s Posters and Fanart to be in the same folder on our hard drives and this works great except for New TV show they needed to be scanned once by Ember so you could see the new episode, after that MCEbuddy’s when adding additional episodes had no trouble being seen.

I have several Kodi setups running on Raspberry’s this week I was testing one setup with out using Ember and was using the Stock Kodi scrapper TVDB. And this week a brand new series called 911 TV show was added. The next morning All my setups auto update and the one using Kodi TVDB shows 911 has recently added episodes ! All the ones using Ember did not , because I need to go in and add it manually !

Mystery solved ! Using stock Kodi and MCEbuddy shows up !

Feel free to clean up this post ! LOL
One HTPC Windows 7 pro 64x running WMC with 2 HDhomeRun on Comcast 6 tuners with MCEbuddy
WD MyCloud 24TB over Netgear network | 6500 movies and 40,000+ TV Show episodes
(2018-01-06, 16:41)Rickt1962 Wrote: All the ones using Ember did not , because I need to go in and add it manually

How are you telling Ember that a new show has been added?
(2018-01-06, 17:50)komplex Wrote:
(2018-01-06, 16:41)Rickt1962 Wrote: All the ones using Ember did not , because I need to go in and add it manually

How are you telling Ember that a new show has been added? 
This guy has not understand how to use Ember in combination with Kodi, even not how the scrapers works in Kodi...

If the scraper "local info only" has been used in Kodi then it's needed that a tvshow.nfo and an NFO for each episode exists, otherwise the files will be ignored (no local info, right?!)
If a scraper like TVDB has been used in Kodi and an tvshow.nfo without an "episodeguide" URL has been used while adding the tv show to Kodi, then no new episode can be added without an episode NFO.
If a scraper like TVDB has been used without a tvshow.nfo, than Kodi knows the "Episode Guide URL" from his own scraper and than it's possible to add new episodes with or without episode NFO.
When I add a new TV show to kodi from MCEbuddy I need to scan it one time from Ember for it to be seen. After that all season and episodes show up from buddy.

P.S. as for DanCooper is correct I use local.info I want everything in my folders so when I copy my drive for my vacation home which does not have Internet to use TVDB
One HTPC Windows 7 pro 64x running WMC with 2 HDhomeRun on Comcast 6 tuners with MCEbuddy
Hi Dan,

Thank you very much, it's working perfectly again. I think I found just 2 little bugs maybe.
When there's more than one director, nothing gets scraped. See picture for example:

Also, the runtime seems to be off by 1 minute for each of the movies I scraped. Is this normal?
Thanks again for the amazing effort you putting into this program to help us all. Rofl
(2018-01-07, 00:56)Rickt1962 Wrote: When I add a new TV show to kodi from MCEbuddy I need to scan it one time from Ember for it to be seen. After that all season and episodes show up from buddy.
 That's depending on your scraper settings in Kodi and absolutely normal...
(2018-01-07, 01:01)JanM201 Wrote: When there's more than one director, nothing gets scraped.
Thx, has been fixed: Github
Not seen that IMDB writes Director or Directors depending on the count :-P

(2018-01-07, 01:01)JanM201 Wrote: Also, the runtime seems to be off by 1 minute for each of the movies I scraped. Is this normal?
The value is without "min", so I think it's the value from your file and not from IMDB.
Correct All my Kodi's use Local Information only for scrapper. I use Ember for both Movies and TV shows and very happy with it Smile But Buddy also adds nfo file for each episode which I thought GREAT.... Only to find out still need to at least scan it one time with Ember.

P.S. any luck with that log ?
(2018-01-07, 01:10)Rickt1962 Wrote: Correct All my Kodi's use Local Information only for scrapper. I use Ember for both Movies and TV shows and very happy with it Smile But Buddy also adds nfo file for each episode which I thought GREAT.... Only to find out still need to at least scan it one time with Ember.
 Yes, but your Buddy has also the add a tvshow.nfo if the tv show is new, otherwise Kodi can't add the new tv show if you use the "local info only" scraper.
Any info on fixing trakt.tv sync?
I'm not in danger Skyler, I'm the danger! A guy opens his door and get shot, and you think that's me? No, I'M THE ONE WHO KNOCKS!!

Ember Media Manager lover...
  • 133(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread2