• 164(current)
WIP Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread
Hi @DanCooper
I have a request for the next update:
We do not always find the languages ​​and subtitles in the meta-data.
would it be possible to add an additional option in the choice of the contextual menu when one chooses several columns to add the languages ​​as well as if there are subtitles.
Thanks in advance.
(2018-12-16, 12:31)waaw Wrote: Hi @DanCooper
I have a request for the next update:
We do not always find the languages ​​and subtitles in the meta-data.
would it be possible to add an additional option in the choice of the contextual menu when one chooses several columns to add the languages ​​as well as if there are subtitles.
Thanks in advance.
Please add a request: Link
Hi @DanCooper ,

When a movie/tvshow has an external subtitle file (.srt for example), EMM knows about it, because it can rename it when I rename the main file. But the info screen for it shown no subtitle. Am I right? Should I create a request?
@DanCooper,

I ran into an issue today when trying to scrape data for multiple TV Shows. I looked around the forum and don't see this reported, so I thought I'd send it over to you.

I have a situation where I'm trying to scrape data for multiple shows. If I select the shows and right click on one of them and then click on (Re)Scrape Select Shows => Ask => All Items, I receive a popup that says "Parameter is not valid". After clicking OK, Ember will exit.

If I go about scraping a single show at a time, I don't see this.

(2018-12-25, 02:40)FordPrefect138 Wrote: @DanCooper,

I ran into an issue today when trying to scrape data for multiple TV Shows. I looked around the forum and don't see this reported, so I thought I'd send it over to you.

I have a situation where I'm trying to scrape data for multiple shows. If I select the shows and right click on one of them and then click on (Re)Scrape Select Shows => Ask => All Items, I receive a popup that says "Parameter is not valid". After clicking OK, Ember will exit.

If I go about scraping a single show at a time, I don't see this.

It's a bug in the "search duplicate images" function. You can disable it under Settings => Options => Misc => Activate Image Filter
Thanks Dan, that did it!
(2018-06-26, 21:24)DanCooper Wrote:
(2018-06-26, 21:16)sufreak Wrote: I don't have NFO files for all my movies. But when my existing NFO files are loaded and resaved, the title is appended with the year, so it displays as MovieName (YYYY) (YYYY). Existing NFOs are fine until I hit reload.

The title is MovieName (YYY) until I go and remove the (YYYY)
I whould say that's not possible...
Ember shows the year in the main info window but ther isn't any option or setting that saves the year behind the title in the NFO. Are you really shure that the year value will be saved as title? Please upload a NFO to http://www.pastebin.com 
 So it took me a bit to recover and figure out what is happening. When I use the rename function, it creates the folder with the <moviename> (YYYY) (YYYY) name. The files are properly named as <moviename> (YYYY). Could the function be doing <filename> (YYYY), and since filename is <moviename> (YYYY), it ends up being <moviename> (YYYY) (YYYY)

Second, unrelated question - any idea when a new, non nightly build may be due out?
(2019-01-04, 14:42)sufreak Wrote:  So it took me a bit to recover and figure out what is happening. When I use the rename function, it creates the folder with the <moviename> (YYYY) (YYYY) name. The files are properly named as <moviename> (YYYY). Could the function be doing <filename> (YYYY), and since filename is <moviename> (YYYY), it ends up being <moviename> (YYYY) (YYYY)

Second, unrelated question - any idea when a new, non nightly build may be due out? 
Sounds understandable Smile

I don't know. Actually I'm working on it to get all the changes done. Working on new Edit dialogs and other improvements:

(2019-01-04, 15:52)DanCooper Wrote:
(2019-01-04, 14:42)sufreak Wrote:  So it took me a bit to recover and figure out what is happening. When I use the rename function, it creates the folder with the <moviename> (YYYY) (YYYY) name. The files are properly named as <moviename> (YYYY). Could the function be doing <filename> (YYYY), and since filename is <moviename> (YYYY), it ends up being <moviename> (YYYY) (YYYY)

I don't know. Actually I'm working on it to get all the changes done. Working on new Edit dialogs and other improvements:
No rush, just curious.

So is that a file naming bug in the code or something I screwed up in my settings somewhere?
(2019-01-04, 16:18)sufreak Wrote:
(2019-01-04, 15:52)DanCooper Wrote:

No rush, just curious.

So is that a file naming bug in the code or something I screwed up in my settings somewhere? 
If you use "movietitle (year)" as filename and "<filename> (year)" as folder name it ends in "movietitle (year) + (year)". So you just have to use "<filename>" as folder name.
(2019-01-04, 16:46)DanCooper Wrote: If you use "movietitle (year)" as filename and "<filename> (year)" as folder name it ends in "movietitle (year) + (year)". So you just have to use "<filename>" as folder name. 
 Where would that setting be?  I did find the solution, maybe unintended.
Settings > Movies > General. Under Media List Options. If I uncheck "Display Year in List Title", then do a rename, the folder name comes out fine.  I would take that option to be a display option, not a file name option.
(2019-01-04, 16:53)sufreak Wrote:
(2019-01-04, 16:46)DanCooper Wrote: If you use "movietitle (year)" as filename and "<filename> (year)" as folder name it ends in "movietitle (year) + (year)". So you just have to use "<filename>" as folder name. 
Settings > Movies > General. Under Media List Options. If I uncheck "Display Year in List Title", then do a rename, the folder name comes out fine.  I would take that option to be a display option, not a file name option. 
I meant the renamer settings. Do you used $L somewhere is the renamer settings? That means "List Title" and can be ends in your issue.
(2019-01-04, 17:09)DanCooper Wrote:
(2019-01-04, 16:53)sufreak Wrote:
I meant the renamer settings. Do you used $L somewhere is the renamer settings? That means "List Title" and can be ends in your issue. 
So it is the case. I used $L so it would be "MovieName, The".
Hi @DanCooper 
How can I get the English title to scrape above? The original title is scraping fine as you can see. 

Here is my settings:

Thanks Dan.
Btw - The images you posted on what you are working on looks amazing. Looking forward to the new version when it's ready. Rofl
Kodi v18.9 (Aeon MQ8 Multi-Mod) running on Windows 10
Hi @DanCooper 
I have another question.
See pictures:

Why is the codec not displaying correctly?
Thanks.
Kodi v18.9 (Aeon MQ8 Multi-Mod) running on Windows 10
  • 164(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread2