• 170(current)
WIP Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread
(2019-11-25, 16:51)skyeia Wrote: But another bad news, they removed all xml header (<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>)  of the xml files extacted from zip.
Rofl

(2019-11-25, 16:51)skyeia Wrote: Temporary Workaround (Use at Your Own Risk)
Thank you!

I'm working hard to get the new version finished. But I'm currently working 10 hours a day in the company and every evening 4-5h and the whole weekend at Ember. A new version comes when I'm done ... like Duke Nukem Forever! Tongue
(2019-11-25, 16:51)skyeia Wrote: Congratulations!
TheTVDB fixed the naming issue.

But another bad news, they removed all xml header (<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>)  of the xml files extacted from zip.
The API response is different before their shitty update, it broken the backward compatibility of API and broken the library that Ember is using.
And it seems that they are not treat it as bug and going fix it (Hope I was wrong).

Temporary Workaround (Use at Your Own Risk)
  1. Download the modified TVDB.dll (Temporary fix for the above issue)
  2. Save it to the same directory with Ember Media Manager.exe
    Code:
    Ember Media Manager
      |-- Ember Media Manager.exe
      |-- TVDB.dll
  3. That's all

You, Sir/Madam, are a lifesaver. Well done!
(2019-11-25, 19:42)Chrolm Wrote:

But another bad news, they removed all xml header (<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>)  of the xml files extacted from zip.
The API response is different before their shitty update, it broken the backward compatibility of API and broken the library that Ember is using.
And it seems that they are not treat it as bug and going fix it (Hope I was wrong).

Temporary Workaround (Use at Your Own Risk)
  1. Download the modified TVDB.dll (Temporary fix for the above issue)
    Code:
    Ember Media Manager
      |-- TVDB.dll
  3. That's all

You, Sir/Madam, are a lifesaver. Well done! 

thanks, it works great :^)
same here, works. But it writes
Quote: <season>1</season>
  <episode>9</episode>
  <displayseason>0</displayseason>
  <displayepisode>4096</displayepisode>
in each nfo which doesn´t make much Sense. I have to delete it manually on every new Episode. Any Way to solve this or does this deppend on the API?
(2019-11-29, 16:29)therev Wrote: same here, works. But it writes
  <episode>9</episode>
in each nfo which doesn´t make much Sense. I have to delete it manually on every new Episode. Any Way to solve this or does this deppend on the API?  

You found a new bug that TheTVDB broken the API backward compatibility Big Grin.

I have try to add a special handling for this issue.
Please try the latest modified TVDB.dll (20191129) from https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2903180

But you still have to delete <displayseason> manually for scraped episode.
(2019-11-29, 18:09)skyeia Wrote:
(2019-11-29, 16:29)therev Wrote: same here, works. But it writes
  <episode>9</episode>

You found a new bug that TheTVDB broken the API backward compatibility Big Grin.

I have try to add a special handling for this issue.
Please try the latest modified TVDB.dll (20191129) from https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2903180

But you still have to delete <displayseason> manually for scraped episode.  

Cool. I have this dll and fortunately i can deactivate this "displayseason" Thing in Ember. Ember should only write this 2 Rows into the Special Episodes but it´s doing this now on normal Episodes too. Btw it doesn´t scrap any Special Episodes now. From no Series. Anyway i´ve forwarded this to tvdb too.
(2019-11-25, 16:51)skyeia Wrote: Note: As I am not clearly understand the usage of <displayepisode> and<displayepisode>,
It is used for Specials, so they can be listed in the Special season and also inserted into a regular season so it is watched in the correct order.

<displayseason> Inserts it into the regular season, while <displayepisode> sorts it before the episode. eg <displayseason>2</ and <displayepisode>3</ will insert the special into season 2 and before episode 3

Explained here... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2706581
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2019-11-25, 19:19)DanCooper Wrote:
(2019-11-25, 16:51)skyeia Wrote: SBut another bad news, they removed all xml header (<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>)  of the xml files extacted from zip.
Rofl

(2019-11-25, 16:51)skyeia Wrote: Temporary Workaround (Use at Your Own Risk)
Thank you!

I'm working hard to get the new version finished. But I'm currently working 10 hours a day in the company and every evening 4-5h and the whole weekend at Ember. A new version comes when I'm done ... like Duke Nukem Forever! Tongue 
Soo nice to see it's still alive and development continues Smile I've been "away" for quite a while Smile
(2019-12-02, 20:54)msavazzi Wrote: Soo nice to see it's still alive and development continues Smile I've been "away" for quite a while Smile 

I have no other hobbies Tongue Greetings to Italy!

TheTVDB Temporary Workaround (Use at Your Own Risk)
  1. Download the modified TVDB.dll
    • 👉 <TVDB.dll (20191129)Latest
      • Attempt to fix <displayepisode>4096</displayepisode> issue (Details)
      • Do not save incorrect <displayseason> and <displayepisode> to new scraped episode. (NEW SCRAPED episode only)
      • Note: As I am not clearly understand the usage of <displayepisode> and<displayepisode>, please try the previous version if these is any side effect.
    • 👉 <TVDB.dll (20191125)>
    Code:
    Ember Media Manager
      |-- TVDB.dll
  3. That's all
2019-11-25 19:15 GMT :
Season poster scraping is still not work.
It is another gift (bug) from their shitty update, their API* does not return any season poster.
*banners.xml from https://thetvdb.com/api/{API}/series/300472/all/en.zip 

I don't know exactly which state of the code you use, but I think you have to check this line to fix that "all episodes gets <displayepisode>4096</displayepisode> bug. This only should be added if an "AirsAfterSeason" value has been provided. I can't show what TVDb provides for an value because my state of code is miles away of the last public build.
(2019-12-03, 22:08)DanCooper Wrote:

• Do not save incorrect <displayseason> and <displayepisode> to new scraped episode. (NEW SCRAPED episode only)
      • Note: As I am not clearly understand the usage of <displayepisode> and<displayepisode>, please try the previous version if these is any side effect.
    Code:
    Ember Media Manager
      |-- TVDB.dll
  3. That's all
It is another gift (bug) from their shitty update, their API* does not return any season poster.

I don't know exactly which state of the code you use, but I think you have to check this line to fix that "all episodes gets <displayepisode>4096</displayepisode> bug. This only should be added if an "AirsAfterSeason" value has been provided. I can't show what TVDb provides for an value because my state of code is miles away of the last public build.  
Yes, I checked this.
TheTVDB API now return "airsbefore_episode", "airsbefore_season", "airsafter_season" for all episodes.
Code:
<airsbefore_episode>0</airsbefore_episode>
<airsbefore_season>0</airsbefore_season>
<airsafter_season>0</airsafter_season>
I just set back to -1 iff all of them is equal to 0 for the workaround on the TVDB.dll
(2019-12-04, 13:41)skyeia Wrote:

Code:
    Ember Media Manager
      |-- TVDB.dll
  3. That's all

Yes, I checked this.
TheTVDB API now return "airsbefore_episode", "airsbefore_season", "airsafter_season" for all episodes.
Code:
I just set back to -1 iff all of them is equal to 0 for the workaround on the TVDB.dll  
"I just set back to -1 iff all of them is equal to 0 for the workaround on the TVDB.dll"

I don't quite understand if this is fixed or I have to go into emm to fix it. I downloaded the 1125 patch and I manually set EMM in tv shows - scrapers - data (add display seasons ...in special episodes) to off and that seemed to fix the problem. I then downloaded the 11/29 patch and did not change the settings and the displayseason does not show up (which is good, because this was not a special) but I don't know if you fixed it or it is just not happening because I changed the setting. 

Thanks so much for your patch to this point. I am using an older version 1.48.0 alpha 23 because there were problems when I updated to latest builds like 2 years ago and I never got around to trying the even later builds but so far your patch is working fine. 

Since I was using older Filebot, and have never really used the renamer in ember, I was wondering if it would work now that you have restored functionality with thetvdb, I am looking for a filebot replacement and I think for most of my needs emm can do it, but just didn't want to try and learn it if it isnt working. The filebot dev I dislike because his whole using all the public help to build the app and then constantly changing his billing model, forcing the windows store, etc etc, just gave me a horrible taste in my mouth. The sad thing is, I would have sent plenty of money to him had he not gone down that route as I have with several other companies to support their stuff. If you ever need money, I think many will provide it if you just ask...Sorry going off topic, anyway, thanks  for the quick patch and all you have done and if ember has great file naming that I just ignored, which it probably does and I just need to learn it....anyone please let me know.

Also, I just discovered like 3 months ago about the right click scan folder for new content. What a life and time saver. I wish I knew about that years ago, but it's hard to understand everything and of course none of us have enough time so I am so thankful you spend the time you do working on this. Such a great feature and I am sure I am missing others.....
(2019-12-04, 13:41)skyeia Wrote:

Code:
    Ember Media Manager
      |-- TVDB.dll
  3. That's all

Yes, I checked this.
Code:
I think the default "not set" value was "-1" before TVDb changed the API. It looks now "0" is the default/not-set value. That's wrong IMO but if we ignore all values that are "0" or lower than we have a workaround that works for 99,99% of all episodes. I think it's better to loose this information on a really rare amount of episode instead of adding a wrong information to nearly every episode. You can change the following lines to "<= 0" (already replaced in the following code):

vb:
'Episode # AirsBeforeEpisode (DisplayEpisode)
If Not EpisodeInfo.AirsBeforeEpisode <=0 Then
nEpisode.DisplayEpisode = EpisodeInfo.AirsBeforeEpisode
End If

'Season # AirsBeforeSeason (DisplaySeason)
If Not EpisodeInfo.AirsBeforeSeason <=0 Then
nEpisode.DisplaySeason = EpisodeInfo.AirsBeforeSeason
End If

'Season # AirsAfterSeason (DisplaySeason, DisplayEpisode; Special handling like in Kodi)
If Not CDbl(EpisodeInfo.AirsAfterSeason) <=0 Then
nEpisode.DisplaySeason = EpisodeInfo.AirsAfterSeason
nEpisode.DisplayEpisode = 4096
End If
(2019-12-04, 23:21)sanjonny Wrote: manually set EMM in tv shows - scrapers - data (add display seasons ...in special episodes) to off and that seemed to fix the problem.
That options disable this information for every episode. That means it will also no longe been written into special episode NFO, so it's not a workaround but ATM the better solution. IMO it's better to lost this information on some special episodes instead of writing a wrong information to every other episode.

(2019-12-04, 23:21)sanjonny Wrote: if ember has great file naming that I just ignored, which it probably does and I just need to learn it....anyone please let me know.
The renamer works great. There are some things to know (e.g. using of $B for movie renaming if you set more than one sub folder) but i think with the preview in the settings menu you get a really good idea of how Ember rename your files. Also you can disable the auto renaming and show the new file and folder names before renaming in the Bulk Renamer dialog (Tools => Buld Renamer). I think the only thing that Ember does not support is pickling up your files from your download folder and move it to the correct tv show folder. Ember only renames episodes if they are already in the tv show folder. But Ember move it to the correct season folder if you want that.

(2019-12-04, 23:21)sanjonny Wrote: Also, I just discovered like 3 months ago about the right click scan folder for new content. What a life and time saver. I wish I knew about that years ago, but it's hard to understand everything and of course none of us have enough time so I am so thankful you spend the time you do working on this. Such a great feature and I am sure I am missing others.....
Yes, I know. It is really annoying if you have to scan the whole source only the get e few new episodes or movies. That was the reason why I implemented that. It's also possible to trigger Ember via command line to scan a folder for new movies/episodes.
ImageImageSouth Park is acting up. When adding new episodes with the latest 11/29 dll I get this problemImage
link to image of desktop

I know in the past when I ran into this, I basically left everything as it was, removed the show from database, closed emm and restarted and then rescanned so that my custom stuff was still there and then scraped the show again and it would repopulate whatever went wrong. Also i tried posting the image thru the image link above but it would not work...
just in case it doesn't show up, it throws an invalid date time error. I think this is an old bug, but maybe since there is so much content in the folder...23 seasons or something, I just don't quite remember how to get it to work. I checked thetvdb and it appears that things are working on their end. South park in my entries got screwed when thetvdb stuff started, but I am scared to wipe all the nfos and start over, though i did get rid of the tvshow.nfo before I tried rescanning but that didn't seem to fix it. I know usually it might be a file name throwing it off but since  I think this is like 50 gb or more of content, I have to back it up before I really go screw with it or delete everything because I would hate to lose all the nfos...
I tried rescrape season and such but that changes nothing. I did about two weeks ago make custom nfo when thetvdb started their "upgrade" which i know sometimes causes problems but I deleted those which usually rectifies this. Anyway...help?
  • 170(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember Media Manager 1.4.8.0 ALPHA - Discussion Thread2