• 7(current)
v17 [ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin
(2016-03-02, 10:03)Razze Wrote: - First aired in tvshow info screen works for me

But looks like it's not visible in List viewing mode, only in Shift mode. And there is a little bug somewhere since not all episodes show this info, instead they show director and writer and first aired is missing. (first aired info is shown in all of them with Confluence, so the data exists)
Managed to play around with this last night, and I've got to say.. it's slick, fast and a great fresh new look...

As this is going to be Kodi's default skin as of Kodi 17, I think a few other main menu presets ( Kids, Sport, Adult ) which can be enabled in the settings would alleviate the need for the ability to customise menus, at least on initial lauch of Kodi 17. Just my thoughts anyway.. keep up the great work.
Report any real reproducible Bugs in this separate thread.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=262373
Keep in mind that this is the default skin and majority of people who will be using that don't (yet) have the need to customize the main menu.
As always, if you are a power user and want more control over look and feel, there are a dozen other skins to choose from.
Besides that I am sure someone will mod a customizable menu into Estuary at some point.
And as phil65 already mentioned, if the team can find a sane way of adding a customisable menu, Estuary will be the first to have it.
Any chance of an "In progress TV shows" button on the TV shows submenu?

The widget only shows the most recent 10, and the path to get to the node is a little long/non-intuitive (either go down to Videos and across to the Library root, or go to the Library root in the TV Shows menu and then press back to go up a level.)

Alternatively, any chance to remove the limit on the widget, or is that performance-related?
(2016-03-02, 17:22)BigNoid Wrote: Keep in mind that this is the default skin and majority of people who will be using that don't (yet) have the need to customize the main menu.
Yep, that's kind of the point. People start on the default, and if they want to do anything beyond the basics they have to find a skin to support it. Which makes eg sticking a playlist or favourite on the main menu much harder and scarier to do than it needs to be, and much more time-consuming to help with.
If the options aren't in the default skin most people will probably not even know they exist - which is a bit of a shame.
It's only an observation - it won't affect my usage.
And if it reads like a moan I've not expressed myself very well.
(2016-03-02, 16:29)TimoJ Wrote:
(2016-03-02, 10:03)Razze Wrote: - First aired in tvshow info screen works for me

But looks like it's not visible in List viewing mode, only in Shift mode. And there is a little bug somewhere since not all episodes show this info, instead they show director and writer and first aired is missing. (first aired info is shown in all of them with Confluence, so the data exists)

I concur with this request - I find the complete First Aired Date far more useful that just '2016', maybe I'll get used to it, but it was my initial observation that it was now much less prominent than before and I had previously found it useful with Confluence Smile
(2016-03-02, 17:22)BigNoid Wrote: Keep in mind that this is the default skin and majority of people who will be using that don't (yet) have the need to customize the main menu.
As always, if you are a power user and want more control over look and feel, there are a dozen other skins to choose from.

Yes, I think people are missing that point. The level of customisation was discussed very early on - I have the logs, and it was decided that adding too many features defeats the purpose of having a replacement skin which is fast and compatible with multiple devices.
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
See my new signature! You heard it here first!
Quote ronie: "Estuary is a giant piece of crap." Looking for a new quote. Ideas?
roflol!
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2016-03-02, 19:25)Tobor Wrote: See my new signature! You heard it here first!

(2016-03-02, 19:26)ronie Wrote: roflol!

I'm starting to think ronie may not have been joking. Hm.
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
Piers i think you and the rest involved have done a wonderful job the most important thing is to just maintain it and keep it fresh let new stuff come as the skin progresses the thing people forget is exactly as you put it before fast and compatible with multiple devices this something that is not easily done since there are so many devices out there.

for once im proud to be using the default skin of Kodi
(2016-03-02, 16:22)Roman_V_M Wrote: Congratulations! The skin looks nice.

What is missing is the ability to add shortcuts for addons to the Home screen for quick access, like it is done in Confluence.

It's likely that you won't need these, as the addon menu will sort last used / most used (can't remember which one right now) addons to the start of the list.

(2016-03-02, 16:29)TimoJ Wrote:

Sorry, you said info screen and that is the details screen behind the contextmenu for me.
Request1: for pvr home meny: Dont hide live tv behind menu , please have a large preview window

Request 2: We have views to choose in tvshows and movies so can we please have some more views in pvr ?
I would like to request a mini timeline epg , something like this but maybe only 3 lines

Request 3 : is for a "low list" channel list with epg info for live tv

Something like this but with channel logo instead of movieposter and epg info instead of movie info and the tv channels in the middle, i always miss the epg info when im channel surfing.
I think that the customization menu can be made dependent on the settings level.
Standard level->just like now
Expert level ->skin shortcuts script
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ALPHA] Estuary - Kodis new default skin9