KOver 2 : Customizable [Kodi 17]
Presenting KOver2 [a customizable KODI skin]

After more than 1 year of development, KOver is finally available. First, I would like to thank followers here for the kind words and support during the progress, also add-ons’ developers who fulfilled skinners’ crazy requests and of course the awesome KODI team for this great software we all use and for their great support.

KOver (for KODI Overlay) offers a different approach of KODI skins. Not just purely designed, it also offers to the user the possibility to customize it and make thousands of configurations. KOver embeds two powerful WYSIWYG editors : The Designer and the Color tool. Move, resize, change content and colors ... make it yours without the need of coding skills !

KODI Krypton only (KOver2 has no Jarvis compatibility)
Github version : https://github.com/Jayz2K/skin.KOver2 (use "Install from zip" in KODI addons settings).

Required add-ons :

Script.Skinshortcuts (will auto-install at first launch)
Skin.Helper (will auto-install at first launch)

Supported add-ons :

Artists.Slideshow
Extended Infos
Artwork Downloader
Image ressource (Studio)
TvTunes
NextUp notifications

Unsupported :

Mouse and Touch Navigation
Karaoke
ADSP

KOver features :

• Fully customizable Home Menu through Skinshortcuts
• WYSIWYG Viewtypes editor for each sections (9 viewtypes by section excepted weather and epg grid, for a total of 55 viewtypes)
• Name viewtypes wathever you want in order to easily switch to them
• Save your favourite viewtypes as templates (3 templates available) and apply them to new viewtypes for easy copy / paste
• Community friendly Export / Import / Share your viewtypes as zip files (from the templates)
• WYSIWYG Color editor with color picker
• Community friendly Export / Import / Share your color schemes as zip files (from color editor)
• ADVANCED : Build new list layouts in viewtypes by coding only <itemlayout> <focuslayout> in a dedicated file

How To :

README

Videos : (Youtube Channel)

Special thanks :

- Hitcher for advises, help and conq skin I use for code learning
- Phil65 for help and support
- locomot1f for tools and links
- Mkortsiege for all those fix in Jarvis
- Marcelvelt for his time into our requests in Skin.Helper
- BobCratchett for his time, help and parts of code for script.skinshortctus integration
[Skin] KOver - V1.1.0 Stable (Repo version)
[WIP] ReKOver - Skinning tool project

If I've been helpful or you like my work, hit "THANK USER" button ;) ...
This is a port of the Jarvis release. No new features for now.
First upload for testing purpose.

If you already have a Jarvis release of KOver installed, please completely remove it, switch to confluence and install from zip.
Backup your skin settings and copy / paste them in the new skin.KOver2 settings folder.

Cheers.

....and the saga continues !

Good luck man !
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
Hi Jayz2K,

glad to see you are already preparing to move to Krypton. And you also announced that you will try to improve KOver even more - if that is possible at all :-))

However, since you told me that Kover did not support Krypton correctly and I experienced some issues which I was not sure if they were related to this lack in Krypton-support I decided to return to Jarvis on all my machines. It is somehow relaxing as well since I do not have to update the nightly builds anymore :-) But this now means I cannot help you with any information as to the performance of the Krpyton built of KOver atm. Surely I will switch to Krypton again at some point in time, but still do not know how soon.

Keep up the good work!
@fantasticn :

Pretty much needed. I did that because I need a fresh splitted base to work on. I don't have enough time to work on both. "If that is possible" as you said, KOver won't be a skin anymore but a skinning engine UI able to "produce" a skin with the Embedded code.

Krypton wasn,t supported because of many files merged. An important refactor of the skinning engine is on the go by KODI Team and more to follow. I did that now to not have to make too much mods later. Now it's done, this release if fully compatible with actual Alpha. No worries about testing time ... it may change a lot. KRYPTON as only be requested by a few because of some video improvements on specific devices.

Cheers.

PS : German language has been updated yesterday, was longer than I thought. So it's on Transifex (34% translated). Thx for this Smile

FYI : Marcel developped the constant stuff to define width / height by user. Time to test, give it a go and integrate it to KOver ... More news to come soon !

https://github.com/marcelveldt/script.sk...ludes-file

Your work is amazing. Thank you very much and good luck for the future. I feel that Kover will become Huge!
I was going to start a new thread like [FEATURE REQUEST] but is up to you in the end... Smile

well, among other things I would like....., and it would be nice a download progress indicator in the addon section, I dont see anything I assume is downloading, something simple like a percent% would work Wink
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
numbered all blocs even the setup/wallpaper/etc... it would be easier to explain and have a better post structure:

Download:
Custom_List#.xml

Blocs setup:

bloc1:
A:
B:
C:
D:
E:
F:

bloc2:
A:
B:
C:
D:
E:
F:

clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
I planned to code a custom window displaying a summury of all settings for a view but never really started it. Will definitely be part of ReKOver

cool
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
What is the reason for this:

ERROR: CAddonInstallJob[skin.kover2]: The dependency on xbmc.gui version 5.11.0 could not be satisfied.

I'm using Kodi v17.
Actual version Kodi Krypton need version skin compatible (version GUI 5.12.0), skin author need update skin for use with recents version Krypton (alpha 2 or above).
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
Hi,

Krypton version is not functional in its actual state. I started to port it at the beginning of Krypton's code rewrite but latest additions / refactor is pretty huge.
Sadly for now, because of personal and profesional priorities, I have absolutely no time to make the necessary mods.

Hello Jay, did you find the time to pursue this beautiful skin?
friendly.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
KOver 2 : Customizable [Kodi 17]3