Problems with Albumartist and mbid tags (Why is Kodi so unpredictable....)
Emby is very similar to Plex except I believe it has better features and integrates better with kodi
(2016-03-04, 16:48)jjd-uk Wrote: helta is right 100% what you want is NEVER going to happen via a web client, the Kodi interface requires a native client to be able to provide the 3D graphics for the skins and that's simple not possible via a web browser. As has been said multiple times now, the ONLY way you'll going to be able to mange Kodi with the exact same experience as it appears to your your family in the other room is to use remote desktop software, so if you can't do that with your NAS then you need to run Kodi on a device that allows you to install a desktop OS which will allow you to connect via remote desktop.

True a web client is not going to deliver the kind of thing it seems that both the OP and I would like. Also true that currently some kind of remote desktop software with a suitable OS device running Kodi is the only approach available. However I do wonder where "headless" Kodi may lead. A client server version of Kodi isn't a silly idea, splitting the UI from the core player and then getting a Kodi front end on one device to talk to a Kodi back end on another. But it is certainly a big move from where we currently are.
(2016-03-04, 19:50)Vidman Wrote: Emby is very similar to Plex except I believe it has better features and integrates better with kodi

"Integrates better with Kodi" - that sounds interesting, what exactly do you mean? Emby and Kodi complementing one another?
By the way - you've got me off to install Emby now Smile I'll see what it's like....
(2016-03-04, 20:12)DaveBlake Wrote: True a web client is not going to deliver the kind of thing it seems that both the OP and I would like. Also true that currently some kind of remote desktop software with a suitable OS device running Kodi is the only approach available. However I do wonder where "headless" Kodi may lead. A client server version of Kodi isn't a silly idea, splitting the UI from the core player and then getting a Kodi front end on one device to talk to a Kodi back end on another. But it is certainly a big move from where we currently are.

I agree! And such a strategy would allow for many types of clients (thick or thin), including a fully fledged Java-Script client. Cool
Yes we moving more and more stuff to be accessible via the JSON-RPC protocol over a network connection, so eventually you may indeed be able to completely manage a Kodi installation via some web/network app, so yes full functionality maybe gained from a web browser. However what I have my doubts on is that the experience will be able to exactly match what can be done with skins directly on a Kodi client, note by this I mean the UI elements in the skin and that served by the web server.
Good point! - Still, what would it take to persuade at least one of you (with enough linux skills and experience) to install and test this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpBkCHVxJg8
(I know I'm going in circles here, please forgive me)
Umm literally its from 2011.... Even if you get it it installed, its not going to work as well as a modern web intertface... Eg: chorus

Are you literally just looking for something that looks like confluence?

I will ask 1 more time before I leave this thread forever.... What exactly are you trying to do with the web interface?
Why would I answer that - just to see you leave for ever??
That doesn't make any sense to me.... I enjoy having you here Wink
(2016-03-04, 17:49)Vidman Wrote: Have you looked into emby server for your qnap?
From what I understand it will do exactly what you want to achieve....

I have installed Emby now, and the experience is mixed - so far. I have disabled all internet scraping. Use only local media tags (ID3).
It has been scanning my library for more than 15 hours now, and still scanning. CPU load is next to nothing, but memory is 98% mostly by Mono.
While scanning, the webinterface is very little responsive. Clicking on play and it takes almost a minute before it begins to play a song.

Kodi scanned the same library in under 3 hours.....
(2016-03-04, 16:02)oyvindo Wrote:
(2016-03-04, 15:00)DaveBlake Wrote: But also note that Isenguard does not trim names, so I fear "Michael Jackson; Diana Ross" with separator ";" will result in artists "Michael Jackson", " Diana Ross" (note the leading space).
I guess I just have to rebuild the whole library then. Is there anywhere a command within Kodi to clear and rescan without physically deleting (removing) the library?

So I deleted the library from the NAS, uninstalled and reinstalled Kodi, replaced advancedsettings.xml with this one (the bold is my modification):

<advancedsettings>
<videoscreen>
<screen>0</screen>
</videoscreen>
<!-- <cputempcommand>sed -e 's/000$/ C/' /sys/class/hwmon/hwmon0/device/temp1_input</cputempcommand> -->
<cputempcommand>/opt/kodi/bin/get_NAS_temperature.sh</cputempcommand>
<gputempcommand>sed -e 's/000$/ C/' /sys/class/hwmon/hwmon0/device/temp1_input</gputempcommand>
<jsonrpc>
<compactoutput>false</compactoutput>
<tcpport>9091</tcpport>
</jsonrpc>
<musiclibrary>
<itemseparator>; </itemseparator>
</musiclibrary>

</advancedsettings>

Then I rescanned the the whole library with all scrapers disabled.
Still, Kodi refuses to accept semicolon+space as separator.

"Michael Jackson; Diana Ross" comes up as a single artist named "Michael Jackson/Diana Ross" (Just like AC/DC).

I'm stuck now. Need some good advice.
Quote:Still, Kodi refuses to accept semicolon+space as separator.

"Michael Jackson; Diana Ross" comes up as a single artist named "Michael Jackson/Diana Ross" (Just like AC/DC).

I'm stuck now. Need some good advice.

Could be an Isengard limitation, I have been working on changes since Sept, I sometimes forget exactly what 15 does. But need more information to be able to comment.

How is that song file tagged, and what kind of tagging v2.3 or v2.4 or APE or FLAC?
Presuming ARTIST/TPE1 = "Michael Jackson; Diana Ross", but any mbid or ARTISTS tag?
Where do you see "Michael Jackson/Diana Ross"?
All songs are tagged using ID3v2.3 ( Listed in Mp3Tag as; ID3v.23(ID3v1 ID3v2.3) )

I Use MediaMonkey for the most part to maintain my library and there the ARTIST field = "Michael Jackson; Diana Ross"
(I do not know how to check the correlation between ARTIS/TPE1)

However, when I open the same album in Mp3Tag, the ARTIST field = "Michael Jackson/Diana Ross" just like in Kodi.
The same goes for Foobar2000 and TagScanner (?)

Could it be that even though I write the tags in MediaMonkey using semicolon, it still writes a forward slash when updating the tag (almost as a service courtesy?)
I don't know MediaMonkey, but v2.3 use of "/" is part of the standard. It is one reason to change to v2.4 (unless you are using other players that need v2.3). Another work around is to add APE tags. I am a bit vague on this, you need Scott to advise.
Would it be a better idea to stick with v2.3 and instead edit the whole library to find/replace my semicolon+space with just a forward slash?

What is the defacto standard (recommended) way as per v2.3 to separate names of individual (contributing) artists?
Does Kodi support v2.4?
(2016-03-04, 16:48)jjd-uk Wrote: helta is right 100% what you want is NEVER going to happen via a web client, the Kodi interface requires a native client to be able to provide the 3D graphics for the skins and that's simple not possible via a web browser. As has been said multiple times now, the ONLY way you'll going to be able to mange Kodi with the exact same experience as it appears to your your family in the other room is to use remote desktop software, so if you can't do that with your NAS then you need to run Kodi on a device that allows you to install a desktop OS which will allow you to connect via remote desktop.

Take a look at this project https://github.com/Celedhrim/docker-kodi-server
Isn't this a headless Kodi?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problems with Albumartist and mbid tags (Why is Kodi so unpredictable....)0