• 24(current)
WeTek Play2 - 4K PVR - HD Audio - Dual Boot - Specs & Reviews
(2016-06-21, 21:28)tariqmirza Wrote: This link gives the specification of all the Wetek models

https://issuu.com/wetek/docs/leaflet_online6
It is not 100℅ confirmed.
They have announced play2S for 2017.Why 2017 if it have same cpu like play 2.
It is because play2S will not have the same cpu like play 2.
To make at least one play product for 2016 they have made changes from 1 to 2 gb ram.
The main question is spec for Play2S.I am 99% sure thet Play2s will not have the same cpu like play2.
Price for new play 2 is ok.
At this time there are no plans to change anything with the Play 2S. Using a newer SoC would only further delay the product, as each new SoC requires months of testing and tweaking for good software support. WeTek would rather have strong software support rather than the bleeding edge SoC. A bleeding edge SoC won't be very impressive if it doesn't work, after all.
(2016-06-22, 00:28)Ned Scott Wrote: A bleeding edge SoC won't be very impressive if it doesn't work, after all.

This made my day (and it's not 7 am here in Italy), lol.

I think that pretty much anyone should have realized, at this point, that WeTek is not going to push the latest SOC day 1 of release (even if we could, if we were doing things in the same way as who does this kind of business do, aka just compiling the SDK provided by the SOC manufacturer with no customization, no deep testing, etc.).
These are all things that take time, moreover as Ned said, a new SOC brings always new issues, it's not wise buying something with a new SOC at day 1, because what everyone wants is a rock solid experience, not something impressive on specs but that barely runs, like getting a Lambo for driving offroad, you should get it when the track nearby your home is ready Smile
They have all the time (2017)for play 2S new cpu,or you think they need 2018 year for it?
I think I am going to forget Wetek, after 3 months of the announcement we still have nothing else that rumours that the initial specs will change on the Play2 / Play2S and no idea of the release date.
I was excited with the new models but now I am completely dissapointed.
(2016-06-21, 22:08)tariqmirza Wrote:
(2016-06-21, 21:45)rabbit23 Wrote: yeah, so as I wrote before (regarding WiFi):

following spec HUB has AC but Play2 is supporting only BGN. Could someone confirm that?

As per the spec sheets it say Play2 will haveB/G/N whereas Play2S will have AC

I dont belive that to be true.

All will have AC, it's 2016 hardware, and wetek wouldn't allow that, judging by their standards.
(2016-06-22, 09:54)JoBcn Wrote: I think I am going to forget Wetek, after 3 months of the announcement we still have nothing else that rumours that the initial specs will change on the Play2 / Play2S and no idea of the release date.

You have a few WeTek employees in this thread (myself included) that have already said what the specs are and when the Play2 will be released. These are not rumors.
(2016-06-22, 14:44)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2016-06-22, 09:54)JoBcn Wrote: I think I am going to forget Wetek, after 3 months of the announcement we still have nothing else that rumours that the initial specs will change on the Play2 / Play2S and no idea of the release date.

You have a few WeTek employees in this thread (myself included) that have already said what the specs are and when the Play2 will be released. These are not rumors.

Hi Ned,
Many thanks for your answer. Can you please confirm then, the exact release date and price of Play2 ? Will be another changes from the initial especifications in the Play2 (apart the change of RAM)? Will we have an option to buy the remote with keyboard as a kit together with Play2? Same questions for Play2S (release date, price, specs...).
Thanks again !
(2016-06-22, 16:41)JoBcn Wrote:
(2016-06-22, 14:44)Ned Scott Wrote:

Hi Ned,
Many thanks for your answer. Can you please confirm then, the exact release date and price of Play2 ? Will be another changes from the initial especifications in the Play2 (apart the change of RAM)? Will we have an option to buy the remote with keyboard as a kit together with Play2? Same questions for Play2S (release date, price, specs...).
Thanks again !

Droidelec just confirmed 109€ for play 2 to be launched in the next months (jul-aug)
Play 2S will be early 2017 (jan-fev)
Play 2 will be launcher during July or August.
(2016-06-22, 00:28)Ned Scott Wrote: At this time there are no plans to change anything with the Play 2S.

So the only difference now between the Play2 and Play2S is mSATA and a better remote?
Play 2S is Twin Tuner, have mSATA, 802.11 AC Dual Band WiFi (2x2), and have CI+.
Why is so hard to tell us thet it will have S912 cpu or some other cpu then play 2Huh
So if the Play2s won't have anything more ground breaking than the Play2 it looks like the different between the HUB and the Play2 is more USB ports and Tuners on the PLAY2, AC WIFI on the HUB right? They list S905-H but does the HUB have the VER-c 905?

Since I use MythTV and if the HUB comes with a native IR that will work with LibreELEC the only reason I would use the USB would be for a keyboard/mouse combo that I can think of and the WIFI isn't a big deal since I prefer wired. Does the HUB sound like it would work to replace my AMD A6-3500 APU so I can bitstream HD audio codecs on my 5.1 setup?
HTPC(s): All running LibreELEC
  • AMD 2200G APU on Gigabyte AB350N-Gaming WIFI-CF
  • RPI3 x2 | RPI2 x2
NAS: FreeNAS (Latest Stable) | NFS/CIFS
And what about remote? I'll wait for the Play2 then but I'd like to buy better remote somehow. I read in wrxtasy review that there's a chance you will give us a way to buy it but when?

Also - you should really be more clear to the customers. I mean I know what you have wrote here because I have time during day to watch for new posts but I don't think each of your potential customers has it also and without clarification there's always room for imagination...bad imagination. Wink You should just create subpage for Play 2 and Play 2S with all the info you wrote here and TBA for the things that don't have clear answer. At least this way everyone will know how things are. Smile
  • 24(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Play2 - 4K PVR - HD Audio - Dual Boot - Specs & Reviews11