• 29(current)
WeTek Play2 - 4K PVR - HD Audio - Dual Boot - Specs & Reviews
I'd would be nice if we could order the Play2 with the new remote with keyboard or not, as an option as it is easy to have 2 or more kits as Minx is doing for example. So, people that will not need does not have to buy and pay for it.
Same for the case of dual tunners or single ones, in this case it is a little more difficult because software compatibility, tunners etc. but it would be nice to meet the users needs and have different kits too..
I can pay a little more for licenses, good firmware, updates... but not sure if 109 eur for a S905-H rev.C can compite with the new S912 boxes that cost 65 USD (with 2Gb ram 16gb storage, etc...), only considering the better and stable firmware (?) and licenses (not sure if I need it as I am not using Netflix and hear the audio in Stereo) difference.
@JoBcn
you are not considering the live tv application, this box is mainly targeted for watching tv and beside our new application and Amlogic's "DTVPlayer" that you can find in the 65USD box, there is an abyss.
Development has also a cost, typing "lunch p200-userdebug-32 && make -j8 otapackage" and giving the resulting output to a factory is another league, a kind of league where WeTek will never play.
I don't have a satellite receiver now. I was considering the Play2 (instead of Core) because the quicker memory and some other S905-H rev.C aspects.
Can I see (free) TV Internet channels with your TV app? Do you have some demos/screenshots/specifications we can compare with DTVPlayer?
I was only comparing Play2 with S905H-C with better software or a box with S912 with poorer software but at approx. the half of price.
And asking if we could buy the Play2 with the keyboard remote as a separate option or as a kit
(2016-08-17, 10:59)JoBcn Wrote: I don't have a satellite receiver now. I was considering the Play2 (instead of Core) because the quicker memory and some other S905-H rev.C aspects.
Can I see TV Internet channels with your TV app? Do you have some demos/screenshots/specifications we can compare with DTVPlayer?
I was only comparing Play2 with S905H-C with better software or a box with S912 with poorer software but at approx. the half of price.
I don't understand. If you don't want TV features then why bother with Play? You could buy Hub instead.
@JoBcn
playback of iptv will be added in the future together with other additions, but on WeTek devices since december you can use a dedicated app for watching IPTV (supports Stalker, Xtream Codes, WeCast and m3u playlists) but I agree if you don't need a tuner, the Play 2 might be "wasted"
I prefer Play2 instead the Hub because it only has 1GB RAM, 1xUSB and I would like a digital sound output to connect to my amplifier and because perhaps in the future I am buying a sattelite antenna
The answer is simple: if you think this box is too expensive and you know some that are cheaper then buy them. Wink
I know that there are cheaper boxes out there in the wild but I prefer to know what I'm paying for.
Making too many options for buyers is not as simple as one could think - you must split volume on those packages which could make lower profits per device. The best thing would be device that is fully modular so you could choose exactly what you're looking for. But I don't think it's possible because that would increase costs, make it more prone to some errors (both hardware and software) and make overall device bigger/bulkier.
I'm happy that there will be three options because they could just make only two: Hub and Play2S and that would be much tougher for me to choose from...
So will this or the 2s have dual DVB-T/T2 tuners? Will they support usb tuners?

It's going to be a downgrade for me if it can't play+record or play one channel in one room and a separate channel in another room.
WeTek Play 2S will be real Twin Tuner, so you will have 2 x DVB-S2 on one Tuner module, and 2 x DVB-C/T/T2 on one module and 2 x ATSC on one module.
(2016-08-17, 13:34)droidelec Wrote: WeTek Play 2S will be real Twin Tuner, so you will have 2 x DVB-S2 on one Tuner module, and 2 x DVB-C/T/T2 on one module and 2 x ATSC on one module.

Thats great but will you answer the question I've asked like 3 times now, will i be able to buy a twin tuner module for the Play2 as i don't want to wait till sometime next year for the Play2s just for a twin tuner
No, you can't, as WeTek Play 2 is single tuner device.
(2016-08-17, 13:59)droidelec Wrote: No, you can't, as WeTek Play 2 is single tuner device.

Thanks
And no USB tuner (beside real Linux distro like LE) support as the drivers must be heavily modified for working with amlogic dvb.
WeTek Play2S additions:
mSATA connector for internal SSD
6-Axis IR/RF Remote control, with Keyboard, Microphone and Headphone jack. IR Learning remote function.
Smart Card reader.

Other differences?
  • 29(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Play2 - 4K PVR - HD Audio - Dual Boot - Specs & Reviews11