• 53(current)
WeTek Play2 - 4K PVR - HD Audio - Dual Boot - Specs & Reviews
(2016-12-09, 13:10)zbigzbig20 Wrote: With weos 1.4 play2 is more unstable . Sometines without any reason Like to stop/freeze and we need to unplug it from power supply. We still waiting for fix this. After last update and now there is now more than month so fixing the problems and adding new features is going very slow
yesterday Play2 freezed four times using WePlayer.. so I was able only to watch the tv.. :-(
With live tv freezes as well on weos 1.4
From version to version is much worst. Better back to older release for better stability or install android tv rom from @ricardopvz based on weos 1.3 . We don't know when wetek release new build with fixed this and maybe other bugfixes like no audio and cracked sound on some encrypted channels and not working timeshift on encrypted channels. It is sat receiver as well so everything (fta and encrypted )should work properly because it is no point to buy sat receiver (play2) with dvb-s2 tuner to watch only fta (free to air) channels
hi all, which is the path of Wetek Media Player to view the logs?
another question: using WetekMedia Player, if I select Ok on the remote controller Play/Stop/ecc buttons appear. Which is the button on the remote to use like Esc? I have ever to press Esc button on the bluetooth keybord.
Comming from a Nexus Player Android TV Plattform i have now ordered a Wetek Play 2 because of its nice 23 & 24 fps Playback and 10 Bit HEVC 4k Playback.
I could have gone for a wetek hub but i like the bigger remote of the play and the bigger look of the hardware. I dont even need the Tuner functionality.

Now i have some questions...

-Which version of Kodi or SPMC should i use with the Play 2? Or should i use the wetek player?

-If i want a dual boot config wich version of Openelec or Libreelec should i use?

Also since i have not used a wetek before ... are there any tutorials for making a working libreelec sd card?
Any help would be awesome from you guys.
(2016-12-12, 20:42)busta.rhymes Wrote: Comming from a Nexus Player Android TV Plattform i have now ordered a Wetek Play 2 because of its nice 23 & 24 fps Playback and 10 Bit HEVC 4k Playback.
I could have gone for a wetek hub but i like the bigger remote of the play and the bigger look of the hardware. I dont even need the Tuner functionality.

Now i have some questions...

-Which version of Kodi or SPMC should i use with the Play 2? Or should i use the wetek player?
A. The one recommended in this Mini Guide - WePlayer aka optimised Kodi Jarvis for Wetek:

The Mini setup guide for WeTek Hub / Play2 - Android Lollipop - WePlayer / SPMC (Kodi) devices.

Quote:- If i want a dual boot config which version of Openelec or Libreelec should i use?
OpenELEC if not dead is on Life support. Its no longer relevant for WeTek Play2.

You simply download the latest LibreELEC 7.x image (img.gz) from the WeTek LE Play2 Sub-forum. I would use LE 7.x as there are some bugs with AMLogic LE Kodi Krypton due to it being in the development phase. You could try both.

Quote:Also since i have not used a WeTek before ... are there any tutorials for making a working Libreelec sd card?
Any help would be awesome from you guys.
Buy Samsung EVO (+) or Sandisk Class 10 UHS-1 micro SDHC cards only, for superior performance.

The easy - Hub / Play2 - LE flashing Mini Guide:

1) Download the LibreELEC USB-SD Creator App from HERE
2) Choose WeTek Play2 > (2) Download or Select local file > appropriate.img.gz from your PC / Mac
3) Choose your mSD card and "Write" it. Eject > Insert into the Play2
4) Plug in the Power Cord and hold down the Remote control Power button until the LE Logo appears.
5) Make sure you select both SSH and SMB connect options on the setup screens when LE first runs.
6) If an Update is needed use an appropriate .tar update file, and from a PC, follow the instructions found HERE
7) PS. SSH login password for wrxtasy LE releases - le
8) Enjoy !

W. Smile

@wrxtasy
Thank you very much...

When i do it the way you have explained with libreelec... Do i have to hold the powerbutton everytime for it to boot into libreelec?
Hi busta.rhymes,

No, only first time and then it remember boot location. Once when you want to change to Android, just make reboot and press Power button when asked, and it will remember to boot to Android unless you change it again.
Thanks for your help guys
Can i use the Hub Version of Libreelec in Wrxtasys Signature for the Play 2 aswell?
Nope, they need specific firmware for each device.
So i just installed Libreelec and am right now scanning my Media Library and it is taking forever. Is this due to the Speed of the Micro SD Card?
Very likely.
Ok thanks, just picked up a Sandisk Ultra with 80 MBs Read and it helped a lot... System is much snappier and the Media Scanning is way faster.
Might just pick up one of those Samsung Pro + with 90 Read / Write sometime.
You don't need to spend a fortune. You want excellent random 4K R/W speeds. Sequential R/W figures usually quoted are not really relevant for a Kodi box with thousands of small files scattered at random all over the filing system. That is why I listed these two proven 4K R/W ones...

Buy Samsung EVO (+) or Sandisk Class 10 UHS-1 micro SDHC cards only, for superior 4K R/W performance.

ok i got the Sandisk Class 10 UHS-1... so i guess im good now.
  • 53(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WeTek Play2 - 4K PVR - HD Audio - Dual Boot - Specs & Reviews11