Req On Deck
As a modern skin is being developed, I'll take this opportunity to re-up an often asked request for Confluence to be included in Estuary:

- A "Plex Like" On-Deck which would present the next set of shows/movies to watch given that you have completed watching a prior episode/movie.

Thanks,
Look again cause it's already there for tvshows
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Thanks for the response Martijn,

As I can't install on my main box, this request was based on reading the announcement, and looking at the screen shots / watched the Kodi announcement video.

I saw the TV "In Progress" items but I couldn't decipher based on the name whether it was a list of items that the User started watching and did not finish (i.e. "In progress") or if the context was "You've watched X out of Y episodes, here's what's next" (i.e. the show overall is "in progress").

If it's the latter, then awesome stuff! Maybe a wording change may help clarify then? Maybe "Up Next" or something along those lines?
I agree, "In Progress" implies that it exclusively lists partially-watched media. "Up Next" would be more descriptive for the on deck functionality (ie, partially watched media and episode S03E11 when the user previously watched S03E10).
(2016-03-09, 18:11)edrikk Wrote: Thanks for the response Martijn,

As I can't install on my main box, this request was based on reading the announcement, and looking at the screen shots / watched the Kodi announcement video.

I saw the TV "In Progress" items but I couldn't decipher based on the name whether it was a list of items that the User started watching and did not finish (i.e. "In progress") or if the context was "You've watched X out of Y episodes, here's what's next" (i.e. the show overall is "in progress").

If it's the latter, then awesome stuff! Maybe a wording change may help clarify then? Maybe "Up Next" or something along those lines?

It's the second one. But yes, the names seem to be an error on our part, as it's even named like that internally.
Super happy to read the Estuary skin announcement on the blog! Kudos to the dev team.

My request goes into a similar direction so not opening a separate thread. There's been quite some discussion about recently added items showing also already watched items. (http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=161759)

Estuary solves this nicely by listing Unwatched movies in the overview.

Request: I am not sure the recently added movies deserve such a prominent place at top right below "In progress movies". Imo, Unwatched movies" should be right under In progress movies. The reason being, user are most likely to be interested in unwatched items, so those should be at the top (as indicated below in progress, because that's what's the most current and relevant items are). Recently added isn't that interesting if you have actually watched those.

Does that make sense?
(2016-03-09, 22:52)Syncopation Wrote: Recently added isn't that interesting if you have actually watched those.

Does that make sense?
It does-- I would address it by excluding already-watched movies, and call that "Up Next" too (assuming that's the name being used for the TV Shows widget).
(2016-03-09, 22:57)rodalpho Wrote:
(2016-03-09, 22:52)Syncopation Wrote: Recently added isn't that interesting if you have actually watched those.

Does that make sense?
It does-- I would address it by excluding already-watched movies, and call that "Up Next" too (assuming that's the name being used for the TV Shows widget).

Agree with this... Smile
as long as "up next" can be turned off, i dont mind Tongue
I prefer to keep watched in the recently added list. I've seen skins where its an option e.g Amber

Recently added is a very handy bucket of stuff you want to watch next but also for other users. So maybe i've watched something but the wife hasn't. Also you may skip through to check the rip or fall asleep half way throughSmile

Also does what it says on the tin "Recently Added" not "Recently Added But Not Watched"
"Recently Added" definitely shouldn't exclude anything-- it should be a chronological list of recently-added files. We're talking about a new view here.
So we have half of the users thinking it is a good idea to hide watched stuff and the other half thinking it's a bad idea.

Arguments against hiding watched items:

* a second person might be using kodi and not yet have watched the movie (imo that's a bad example and invalid argument, because Kodi instead than should deal with this by adding a user option, otherwise this argument has all kinds of crazy implications)
* falling asleep (again, sounds more like an edge case)
* just because it's named "recently added" as this thread already suggested "On Deck" could be another row and then what we would be discussing here is more the order of rows as opposed to having or not having a recently which shows all (incl. watched) items

I'd like to take this away from should we have or not have recently watched (or change the behavior for that). Let's rather discuss if "Unwatched" and "On Deck" can be one thing? And if yes, how that should behave. That is imo the best route to move things into a good direction and make this a constructive thread.

Another thing: I'd love to see "On Deck" and or "Unwatched" above "Recently added" due to arguments given above.
i just wish you could scroll across more then 10 items. (20-25 would be better) Smile im happy with the layout currently. Smile
The option to hide recently added watched items just needs these 2 patches adding.

https://github.com/popcornmix/xbmc/commi...977e040bc5

https://github.com/popcornmix/xbmc/commi...e621d6dbc3
Would be great, if popcornmix commit propagate to the Kodi.. I agree that "Hide watched items" is highly usefull feature and should be there for those, who will need that.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
On Deck3