• 111(current)
Beta Spotify for Kodi
It was entirely called for, as you would know had you actually read the forum rules (wiki) that you accepted and agreed to abide by when you signed up here.

Sites like that are piracy-promoting cesspits, and we do not allow any discussion or reference to them here as historically they and the addons and repos they supported and promoted did nothing but damage our brand reputation and parasite off the work done by our developers and legitimate addon authors. The 3rd party crap that uses such illegally sourced material just causes no end of trouble as it is never stable or long-lived, tends to be poorly written and is notorious for containing malware, dodgy scripting and all sorts of other nasties.

We wish absolutely nothing to do with it, and go out of our way not to offer it any kind of mention, support or promotion whatsoever.

Please go and actually read the aforementioned rules, especially the piracy policy (wiki) and its associated banned addons (wiki) list before posting again.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2020-01-15, 20:02)DarrenHill Wrote: It was entirely called for, as you would know had you actually read the forum rules (wiki) that you accepted and agreed to abide by when you signed up here.

Sites like that are piracy-promoting cesspits, and we do not allow any discussion or reference to them here as historically they and the addons and repos they supported and promoted did nothing but damage our brand reputation and parasite off the work done by our developers and legitimate addon authors. The 3rd party crap that uses such illegally sourced material just causes no end of trouble as it is never stable or long-lived, tends to be poorly written and is notorious for containing malware, dodgy scripting and all sorts of other nasties.

We wish absolutely nothing to do with it, and go out of our way not to offer it any kind of mention, support or promotion whatsoever.

Please go and actually read the aforementioned rules, especially the piracy policy (wiki) and its associated banned addons (wiki) list before posting again.

I read through it, there may be a more serious thing going on here, but look i was just startled that my instructions got removed.

Only got the pi recently and want to use it as a retro/media machine,
i don't want to condone piracy.

I had a very hard time figuring this out and was so happy i found a working fix i created an account to post it here.

I created a post somewhere else, with the same detailed instructions now, i was very sad to see i had to re-write that part.

Sorry for any trouble...
I have no doubt it was done in good faith, but I would advise that if you do not want to condone piracy then you should also not promote or associate with the (all too many) parasitic sites on the net which do actively promote it and in doing so help to kill off Kodi by damaging our reputation and associating us with illegal activities.

Anyone reading your original text (and any reproduction of it elsewhere) will end up accessing such a site, which can easily lead them to other stuff there and all the aforementioned piracy stuff and associated risks.

In fact what you would be better doing is researching and providing a direct link to the relevant version directly from GitHub. That way everyone wins, as people will have access to the version you were trying to point them at and no promotion or linking to piracy tainted sites are involved.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2020-01-15, 20:58)DarrenHill Wrote: I have no doubt it was done in good faith, but I would advise that if you do not want to condone piracy then you should also not promote or associate with the (all too many) parasitic sites on the net which do actively promote it and in doing so help to kill off Kodi by damaging our reputation and associating us with illegal activities.

Anyone reading your original text (and any reproduction of it elsewhere) will end up accessing such a site, which can easily lead them to other stuff there and all the aforementioned piracy stuff and associated risks.

In fact what you would be better doing is researching and providing a direct link to the relevant version directly from GitHub. That way everyone wins, as people will have access to the version you were trying to point them at and no promotion or linking to piracy tainted sites are involved.
I even got backlashed on an unofficial forum, so i removed the "shall not be named" repo from my post as well and will try to make an adjustment to download it directly.
Yes, you unfortunately picked the most blacklisted and hated parasite we have (or had anyway, given their current status).

The direct link to the addon on Github is here (or here for the zip download). But that's the current master version, I'm not sure offhand how to access a specific older version.

Better still is to download the repo (here) and install it from there.

Kodi Blog Posts
(2020-01-16, 20:18)DarrenHill Wrote: Yes, you unfortunately picked the most blacklisted and hated parasite we have (or had anyway, given their current status).

The direct link to the addon on Github is here (or here for the zip download). But that's the current master version, I'm not sure offhand how to access a specific older version.

Better still is to download the repo (here) and install it from there.
I made a largely edited post on reddit now, is it okay if i refer to it from here?

You can even delete the bottom part of my previous message, so there is no mention of any of that nasty business.
Without seeing it, it's difficult to say Wink

Post the link and if there's anything objectionable then we can review. The rule of thumb is we do not allow links to pages or sites which contain items which would violate the piracy policy (wiki) through advertising or promotion of banned addons (wiki).

Kodi Blog Posts
(2020-01-16, 21:57)DarrenHill Wrote: Without seeing it, it's difficult to say Wink

Post the link and if there's anything objectionable then we can review. The rule of thumb is we do not allow links to pages or sites which contain items which would violate the piracy policy (wiki) through advertising or promotion of banned addons (wiki).

This is the reddit post i made, i did my best leave out as much as i can, and to provide alternatives.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Addons4Kodi/com...libreelec/
Some of the posts/threads more generally there are rather dodgy, but your one is fine.

The only issue may be how to download that specific version of the addon from GitHub. You may want to talk to the addon authors of it about that, or indeed about whether whatever is stopping it working on the current latest stable version can be resolved.

Kodi Blog Posts
(2020-01-17, 20:27)DarrenHill Wrote: Some of the posts/threads more generally there are rather dodgy, but your one is fine.

The only issue may be how to download that specific version of the addon from GitHub. You may want to talk to the addon authors of it about that, or indeed about whether whatever is stopping it working on the current latest stable version can be resolved.
I'll create a github account to get in touch with the developer, hopefully this 'll get resolved.
For what it's worth, this is the github page for that addon:

https://github.com/kodi-community-addons...io.spotify

... and that, in turn, references the author's repository for that (and other) addons:

https://github.com/kodi-community-addons...arcelveldt

Now, I wouldn't normally comment on a third-party repository, but I'm making the leap here that it's legitimate code in there given the link back to the addon author. Caveat emptor, however.

If you browse that repository, you'll see downloadable zip files for each version of the code. With a bit of floundering, you should be able to install that manually - or, if you have the repo installed, you can simply select a new version directly from that, which would be easier.

https://github.com/kodi-community-addons...io.spotify
Search | Banned addons (wiki) | Forum rules (wiki) | First time user (wiki) | FAQs (wiki) | Troubleshooting (wiki) | Add-ons (wiki) | Free content (wiki) | Debug log (wiki)Free Content
Hello, is the plugin compatible with Kodi 18.5 /LibreElec 9.2 ?

I tried to install it from the repo, but the installation fails. Im not sure why, this is what I've found in the log:

2020-01-25 15:18:32.451 T:3011076112 WARNING: CGUIMediaWindow::OnMessage - updating in progress
2020-01-25 15:18:53.793 T:2300662640 WARNING: Previous line repeats 2 times.
2020-01-25 15:18:53.793 T:2300662640   ERROR: Requested path https://raw.githubusercontent.com/marcel...1.1.58.zip not found in known repository directories
2020-01-25 15:18:53.794 T:2300662640   ERROR: CAddonInstallJob[plugin.audio.spotify]: failed to resolve addon install source path
2020-01-25 15:19:18.227 T:2321544048   ERROR: Requested path https://raw.githubusercontent.com/marcel...1.1.58.zip not found in known repository directories
2020-01-25 15:19:18.228 T:2321544048   ERROR: CAddonInstallJob[plugin.audio.spotify]: failed to resolve addon install source path
similar error, Im new to Kodi, wanted to install spotify and 
2020-02-08 06:56:46.626 T:7964   ERROR: Requested path https://raw.githubusercontent.com/marcel...1.1.58.zip not found in known repository directories
2020-02-08 06:56:46.626 T:7964   ERROR: CAddonInstallJob[plugin.audio.spotify]: failed to resolve addon install source path

I installed all dependencies first but the spotify still failing. 

my Kodi details:

2020-02-08 06:06:32.771 T:7744  NOTICE: Starting Kodi (18.5 Git:20191116-37f51f6e63). Platform: Windows NT x86 64-bit
2020-02-08 06:06:32.771 T:7744  NOTICE: Using Release Kodi x64 build
2020-02-08 06:06:32.771 T:7744  NOTICE: Kodi compiled 2019-11-16 by MSVC 191627034 for Windows NT x86 64-bit version 10.0 (0x0A000006)
2020-02-08 06:06:32.771 T:7744  NOTICE: Running on Windows 10, kernel: Windows NT x86 64-bit version 10.0.18363
2020-02-08 06:06:32.771 T:7744  NOTICE: FFmpeg version/source: 4.0.4-Kodi
2020-02-08 06:06:32.771 T:7744  NOTICE: Host CPU: Intel® Core™ i3-4000M CPU @ 2.40GHz, 4 cores available
2020-02-08 06:06:32.771 T:7744  NOTICE: Desktop Resolution: 1920x1080 32Bit at 59Hz
2020-02-08 06:06:32.771 T:7744  NOTICE: Running with restricted rights
2020-02-08 06:06:32.771 T:7744  NOTICE: Aero is enabled
2020-02-08 06:06:32.771 T:7744  NOTICE: special://xbmc/ is mapped to: C:\Program Files\Kodi
2020-02-08 06:06:32.771 T:7744  NOTICE: special://xbmcbin/ is mapped to: C:\Program Files\Kodi
2020-02-08 06:06:32.771 T:7744  NOTICE: special://xbmcbinaddons/ is mapped to: C:\Program Files\Kodi/addons
2020-02-08 06:06:32.771 T:7744  NOTICE: special://masterprofile/ is mapped to: C:\Users\Standa\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata
2020-02-08 06:06:32.771 T:7744  NOTICE: special://home/ is mapped to: C:\Users\Standa\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\
2020-02-08 06:06:32.771 T:7744  NOTICE: special://temp/ is mapped to: C:\Users\Standa\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\cache
2020-02-08 06:06:32.771 T:7744  NOTICE: special://logpath/ is mapped to: C:\Users\Standa\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\
2020-02-08 06:06:32.771 T:7744  NOTICE: The executable running is: C:\Program Files\Kodi\kodi.exe
Hello,

I know that there’s no full Android support for this add on but don’t know the reason. Is it a technical limitation or is it plan for future ?
It would be really great having a full integration in Kodi.

Thx in advanced for your answers
This is on a raspberrypi 4, Librelec, Kodi 18.5. Wifi connection.

I installed the most recent version from the repo and it sortof works, but not really. I only got it to play a track once by going inside the addon, finding a track, and double-clicking on it. Spotify Connect functionality doesn't seem to work, I can see the kodi box from other spotify apps (pc, phone), even connect to it, but when I try to play something it just sits there and does nothing.

Is Spotify Connect functionality not quite there (yet)?? But even from within the addon, it just sits there going ..please wait... instead of playing music.
  • 111(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Spotify for Kodi17