• 113(current)
Beta Spotify for Kodi
(2020-03-23, 22:45)effe.rnr Wrote: I have a question again since I still don't know, if the addon is supposed to work on Nvidia SHIELD.

I try to login and the Browser (Puffin) opens. I enter my credentials and click on authorize. Then I get the Error "ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED" but the app is authenticated (which I can check here: https://www.spotify.com/de/account/apps/)

If I reopen the Spotify Kodi and on, the same thing starts again.

Does someone have an idea what I could do?

thanks!

I have this EXACT SAME problem! Sad
Anyone have any idea what's going on? Or how to actually get Spotify working on Kodi (Leia) on a Windows system..?

Seems to be authenticated on Spotify's end, but not on Kodi :/

Please help!
(2020-05-18, 18:20)mardup Wrote:
(2020-03-24, 09:43)Jönke Wrote: It doesn’t work on Android

Just for the moment or it will never work on Android ( Nvida Shield ) ? 

thanks

Never has but i dont know if it will Wink
Is this addon updated anymore ?
Hello! I have installed the plugin and configured my account but when I try to open the plugin it asks me to enter my credentials or open the Spotify app on my phone but I have already entered my credentials. I tried reinstalling it and it still doesn't work.
ok so i have this installed on kodi leia on windows

heres what i did,
install kodi x86
install the repo above
install spotify
restart kodi
then open spotify settings add your credentials
then start spotify 
authorize then re open spotify
done

now install kodi 64 if required
Hi, Great plugin!! 

At the moment i have a PI4 and a PI3 with this plugin and it works. The idea is to have one setup in every room so we can easily stream music. I am facing somewhat of a hurdle with my setup though when me and my GF want to switch accounts:

One PI is attached to TV so i can switch account through GUI, the other one doesn’t have anything extra attached so only SSH.
When my account is enabled, then she can’t see the device available in the network. Only when manually switching spotify account will the device show up.

So is there a way to switch accounts with SSH? Or is there another easy workaround?

(i have searched this forum for an answer so sorry if it has been addressed before)
(2020-06-14, 13:29)Ishino Wrote: Hi, Great plugin!! 

At the moment i have a PI4 and a PI3 with this plugin and it works. The idea is to have one setup in every room so we can easily stream music. I am facing somewhat of a hurdle with my setup though when me and my GF want to switch accounts:

One PI is attached to TV so i can switch account through GUI, the other one doesn’t have anything extra attached so only SSH.
When my account is enabled, then she can’t see the device available in the network. Only when manually switching spotify account will the device show up.

So is there a way to switch accounts with SSH? Or is there another easy workaround?

(i have searched this forum for an answer so sorry if it has been addressed before)

Looks like i can’t edit my post, but i found some sort of workaround that involves a 3rd party app. In case anyone has the same issue and needs a solution. I installed the app “The remote for Kodi” on my ipad. I highly recommend is because it has a very nice GUI and runs very smooth. 

In the application:

Go to Addons -> audio apps -> spotify
press current active account
>Now a popup comes up on the pi to switch account
Press down and enter 

Refresh the app page and you will notice the account has successfully switched. 

Maybe there is a way to push it through SSH as well so i’m eager to find out.
Hi,

Thanks for the plugin, it works great using graphical interface.

I'm trying to launch a playlist from command line. I tried a lot with kodi-send or curl command but without success...
I use leia kodi version..

Can anyone post a command line exemple to launch a playlist ?

for exemple, i tried without success:
Code:
kodi-send --action="PlayMedia(plugin://plugin.audio.spotify/','60','?action=browse_playlist&ownerid=myid&playlistid=4TMg7SdMqNBeqcFUICDYkW','resume:false')"
or
Code:
curl --header "Content-Type: application/json" --request POST --data '{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "Player.Open", "params": {"item":{"file":"plugin://plugin.audio.spotify/?action=play_playlist&playlistid=4TMg7SdMqNBeqcFUICDYkW&ownerid=myid"}},"id": 0 }' http://192.168.1.125:8080/jsonrpc

thanks for your help,
Trofou
another information.

with kod-send command:
Code:
kodi-send --action="PlayMedia(plugin://plugin.audio.spotify/','60','?action=browse_playlist&ownerid=myid&playlistid=4TMg7SdMqNBeqcFUICDYkW','resume:false')"
in log i have:
Code:
WARNING: plugin.audio.spotify --> Exception in plugin_content ! --> 'bool' object has no attribute 'get'
Hello Mr van der Veldt,

i have been using your Spotify Kodi-AddOn for some time now and am quite enthusiastic.
But now I also wanted to connect it to my Yamaha amplifier via Hifiberry DAC and I couldn't get any sound (normal "music" via Kodi works.).

In a LibreELEC forum I got the information that it could possibly be related to a higher audio data rate from Spotify. But I can not find any settings in the AddOn.

Do you have any other ideas? A solution?

My system, settings:
- Raspberry Pi4 (4GB)
- ​LibreELEC v9.2.3
- ​KODI v18.7/Leia
- ​Spotify-AddOn (marcelveldt - 1.1.58)​
- System-Einstellungen: System - Audio: Audio Decoder / Audioausgabegerät= "ALSA: Default (snd_rpi_hifiberry_dacplus, HiFiBerry DAC+ Pro HiFi pcm512xhifi-0)"
- AddOn-Einstellungen: Audio: Aktiviere dieses Gerät aks Spotify Connect Ziel (experimental)= NO
- AddOn-Einstellungen: Ansichten: Benutzte Kodi OSD für Wiedergabe auf (entfernten) Spotify...= NO
I have a clean installation of Kodi Leia running on my pi 2b and pi 4 but on booth i cant install the spotify plugin it constantly fails i have installed all dependancies it states they al say installed but still it wont install

am i dooing something wrong
Hello soja,
have you made the correct settings, username and password for the Spotify AddOn?

Do you have a Spotify Premium Account? It probably doesn't work with the normal, free one.

Does the KODI, main menu add-ons say "Spotify" under music add-ons?

I "only" have the problem that the Spotify output via the HiFiBerry DAC does not work. My Spotify works with the audio output via "PI: Analogue" (= earphones, jack plug).
This is not really a support request. More of a desire and thinking if there is any technical way it can be done.

I would really like to integrate spotify tracks into my normal Kodi library, and into Kodi playlists. That is in the library, I might have an album or track that is on my hard drive to be played as usual, and I might have an album with tracks that are just a reference to spotify tracks, to be played via the addon.

In the same way, I can then build a kodi playlist with both local and spotify tracks in it.

This appears to be close to impossible - it appears to need something like a fake container format that references the spotify ID, and then a player that somehow knows that fake container format and then makes a spotify call whenever it sees the spotify ID. But that seems rather low level a solution, and I would rather have something that does this within Kodi in conjuction with this spotify addon. But I can't imagine how to achieve this.

I just wondered if any of the many clever people on this list can think of other approaches for implementing this within Kodi. I can do spare-time coding if there is a neat approach, but I do have a day job. It might be there are better places to discuss this than here. Apologies in advance if that is so.
(2020-08-03, 20:43)sojab0on Wrote: I have a clean installation of Kodi Leia running on my pi 2b and pi 4 but on booth i cant install the spotify plugin it constantly fails i have installed all dependancies it states they al say installed but still it wont install

I am also having this same problem. I installed marcelveldt's repo, and tried installing Spotify. It said "Installation failed". I looked at dependencies, and the CherryPy module was not installed. I found marcelveldt's github for CherryPy and installed that successfully, but Spotify still says "Installation failed". All the dependencies are installed, so I'm not sure how to proceed from here to get it installed.

I have a premium account.
I'm running Kodi 18 on a Raspberry Pi 3, using OSMC.

Any suggestions to try from here?
(2020-05-19, 12:31)KayTeh24 Wrote:
(2020-03-23, 22:45)effe.rnr Wrote: I have a question again since I still don't know, if the addon is supposed to work on Nvidia SHIELD.

I try to login and the Browser (Puffin) opens. I enter my credentials and click on authorize. Then I get the Error "ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED" but the app is authenticated (which I can check here: https://www.spotify.com/de/account/apps/)

If I reopen the Spotify Kodi and on, the same thing starts again.

Does someone have an idea what I could do?

thanks!

I have this EXACT SAME problem! Sad
Anyone have any idea what's going on? Or how to actually get Spotify working on Kodi (Leia) on a Windows system..?

Seems to be authenticated on Spotify's end, but not on Kodi :/

Please help!
I Have it working on android

Heres what i did, 
install kodi on PC
install the repo
restart kodi
install spotify addon
go to spotify addon settings and add our credentials
pen spotify addon ensure its signed in and working
once verified all working close kodi
go to kodi addon data folder on windows (enable show hidden filed) C:\users\YOUR USER NAME\app data\roaming\kodi\userdata\addon data\
look for plugin.audio.spotify and copy it to a USB or however best for you
go to your android device ensure spotify addon is installed on kodi, you dont need to add credentials and doesnt matter if you already have
make sure kodi has been closed
now using your fave file manager navigate to kodi addon data folder (again ensure show hidden files is selected) external storage\android\data\org.xbmc.kodi\.files\kodi\userdata\addon data
paste your plugin.audio.spotify folder you copied from PC
open kodi and enjoy spotify
(2020-08-12, 17:00)mikefreeman Wrote:
(2020-08-03, 20:43)sojab0on Wrote: I have a clean installation of Kodi Leia running on my pi 2b and pi 4 but on booth i cant install the spotify plugin it constantly fails i have installed all dependancies it states they al say installed but still it wont install

I am also having this same problem. I installed marcelveldt's repo, and tried installing Spotify. It said "Installation failed". I looked at dependencies, and the CherryPy module was not installed. I found marcelveldt's github for CherryPy and installed that successfully, but Spotify still says "Installation failed". All the dependencies are installed, so I'm not sure how to proceed from here to get it installed.

I have a premium account.
I'm running Kodi 18 on a Raspberry Pi 3, using OSMC.

Any suggestions to try from here?
download the spotify addon direct from repo on github
  • 113(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Spotify for Kodi17