• 33(current)
Android HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro (2016) with Kodi (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio)
(2016-05-12, 13:19)dukester Wrote:
(2016-05-11, 16:04)OlivierQC Wrote: in my case I have 2 choices with the himedia Q10 pro :

Q10 pro connected to my receiver but no HDR.
Q10 pro connected to my tv 4k and spdif with my receiver but no HD audio.

am I wrong ?

q10 connected to TV and HD audio via ARC is possible depending on TV model.

Sorry I guess it's not. Same limitations as optical out via arc
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
Ubuntu Server - 12 TB NAS - MYSQL - Torrent Box
(2016-05-12, 13:10)OlivierQC Wrote: What do you think about ExpressX engine v2, this is my opinion but the image processing is less visible on screen than the Version 1 with Q5/Q10 4K3D.

I see the contrast changed a bit but that's it, may be it is normal with 4K demo...
Several users have noticed this, and if I recall correctly, @looun reported it to HiMedia.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My Family Room Theater
(2016-05-12, 13:30)dukester Wrote:
(2016-05-12, 13:19)dukester Wrote:
(2016-05-11, 16:04)OlivierQC Wrote: in my case I have 2 choices with the himedia Q10 pro :

Q10 pro connected to my receiver but no HDR.
Q10 pro connected to my tv 4k and spdif with my receiver but no HD audio.

am I wrong ?

q10 connected to TV and HD audio via ARC is possible depending on TV model.

Sorry I guess it's not. Same limitations as optical out via arc

ok thank you for your help Smile
Sony XBR65x930c, Onkyo tx-nr656, Focal Dome 7.1, Zidoo X20PRO, Egreat A11, Apple TV 4K/infuse PRO.

(2016-05-12, 13:37)hdmkv Wrote:
(2016-05-12, 13:10)OlivierQC Wrote: What do you think about ExpressX engine v2, this is my opinion but the image processing is less visible on screen than the Version 1 with Q5/Q10 4K3D.

I see the contrast changed a bit but that's it, may be it is normal with 4K demo...
Several users have noticed this, and if I recall correctly, @looun reported it to HiMedia.

Thanks Hdmkv Smile
Sony XBR65x930c, Onkyo tx-nr656, Focal Dome 7.1, Zidoo X20PRO, Egreat A11, Apple TV 4K/infuse PRO.

Hello everybody,

Important:
- I do not have a professional camera to film the TV. I use a camera in auto mode.
- The colors of the HDR videos is much nicer with my eyes then on video.
- I apologize for the bad view with the camera.

Here's a comparison video between, via beta f/w 1.03 that fixed HDR (official f/w due any day now) :

------------------------------

Video Demo of 4K HDR clip via HiSilicon player

https://1fichier.com/?2i6jhl9mdf

-----------------------------

Video Demo of 4K HDR clip via SPMC/Kodi's internal videoplayer

https://1fichier.com/?zzbkn4ag48

----------------------------

Have nice day

OlivierQC

Nice work! Pretty dramatic difference in PQ... Kodi wrapper to external HiSilicon player is the way to go, unless Koying can leverage it from within SPMC at some point.

At least looks like SPMC is doing 10-bit through ffmpeg...

My Family Room Theater
source forum futeko.

is it true ?

magnifico

Re: Buglist
« Reply #78 on: Today at 05:48:17 PM »

Today I learned that Dolby Vision on Q10pro is a total lie!!!

I saw a video podcast interview with one of the heads from Dolby. Dolby Vision is hardware based and the first chip to have Dolby Vision algorythms included will be a mediatek chip for 4K Blu-Ray Players. It can´t be integrated by Update!!! MAYBE it could become software based on gaming machines like PlayStation 4.5 or coming Microsoft box....however that will need a lot of horsepower to be done.

Since Dolby Vision is ontop of HDR10 Q10pro will be able to pick up the HDR10 information in DolbyVision videos. So we don´t need to worry about not being able to play DolbyVision "enabled" videos. At least that is what I heard.

Yeah, not sure how 'DolbyVision' is licensed in Q10 Pro, but based on what @wesk05 posted, may matter not if we're going to only see Dolby in premium streaming services. Chinese boxes like Q10 Pro can't even do HD w/Netflix and such.
My Family Room Theater
Well, Himedia needs come out and confirm this.
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
(2016-05-07, 17:52)wesk05 Wrote: Since Dolby Vision is proprietary, it may take longer. Chances are that it may never be supported in unlicensed video players. Personally, I think Dolby Vision is a non-starter for Chinese boxes. Dolby Vision is now limited to VUDU & Netflix. The Chinese boxes are never going to get VUDU or Netflix HDR.
Personally I would trust what wesk05 has to say rather than relying on a set of Advertising tech specs on an Asian Android box. No matter what the company.

Futeko should amend their 'Dolby Vision' HiMedia advertising if this is the case.

You also need to know that both the source and sink should have Dolby Vision chip. What this means is no Samsung or Sony UHD HDR TVs will support Dolby Vision HDR this year (and likely for years to come).
HiSilicon is a Dolby Vision partner.
(2016-05-12, 20:01)wesk05 Wrote: You also need to know that both the source and sink should have Dolby Vision chip. What this means no Samung or Sony UHD HDR TVs will support Dolby Vision HDR this year (and likely for years to come).

True, only the high-end Vizio support Dolby Vision.

PSBig Grinid not take long for @wrxtasy to jump inBig Grin
MY CURRENT MEDIA PLAYER | MY HOME THEATER
MINIX NEO U22-XJ COREELEC v19 MATRIX | EGREAT A10 | NVIDIA SHIELD | LG 75 NANO90 DV/HDR+ | Sony 43 Android TV HDR
XBOX SERIES X  | PS4 PRO 4K | JBL 9.1 System 5.1.4 DTS:X/ATMOS 
Seems like DolbyVision will become like HDDVD. Nothing wrong w/it, just not getting overall studio and manufacturer support.
My Family Room Theater
(2016-05-12, 20:09)movie78 Wrote:
(2016-05-12, 20:01)wesk05 Wrote: You also need to know that both the source and sink should have Dolby Vision chip. What this means no Samung or Sony UHD HDR TVs will support Dolby Vision HDR this year (and likely for years to come).

True, only the high-end Vizio support Dolby Vision.

PSBig Grinid not take long for @wrxtasy to jump inBig Grin

LG's OLED TVs and Super UHD TVs feature Dolby Vision

(2016-05-12, 20:10)hdmkv Wrote: Seems like DolbyVision will become like HDDVD. Nothing wrong w/it, just not getting overall studio and manufacturer support.

i agree with you

• 33(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HiMedia Q5/Q10 Pro (2016) with Kodi (4K / HDR / 3D / HD Audio)8